(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

doris,
denise oso pulling her hair leh...but she'll only do it once a while. i try to ignore her bcos this gal of mine very stubborn, the more i stop her, the more she'll do it.

hi cocomo,
i would really love to join in but have to ask hubby, pls put my name in first. would u like me to bring anything? and pls PM me your address, thks.

Gathering on 1 May at 1pm at cocomo's place Redhill:-
1) cocomo, hubby and Jayden
2) Piyo, hubby, megan and maid
3) augbaby, hubby, jay and maid
4) Kelly, hubby, Gabe and Edward
5) Superdad,Sophia and Dickson
6) Kris, hubby and Zorian (TBC)
7) Erin, hubby and Kayden (TBC)
8) Jasmine, hubby, Jadelle
9) Fiona, hubby, Denise

piyo,augbaby,jas,
if i'm coming, we're gonna be yakking away again...can't wait kekeke

fiona,
come lah...it be fun...

cocomo,
wat time shld we come over ah? n do u need us to bring anything? or playmat etc?

augbaby,
i missed so many gatherings le...most likely will turn up for this one
happy.gif

so we'll be having lunch in cocomo's place? tell me what i can contribute ok?

hi fio,
contribute yourself, your voice and denise can liao:p

I like schuanzer but hubby says need to bring the doggy for schaunzer cut every mth siong ah! so end up no loh.. we got a golden retriever in cream/whitish colour... so imagine a "lion" in the house!

Hi cocomo,
can sms me your blk and unit no? I know the way but dunno the exact unit paiseh!need to bring food? or extra things?

Hi kris,
you saw the float at Kiddy too? during class last week, megan did not sit properly and bumped her forehead on the table.. she looked a bit shocked but i also did not make a fuss so she din cry hehe

Augbaby/Fio,
No need to bring anything, will prepare for the lunch as well as BB's biscult and yohgurt.
happy.gif

Fio,
PM u my address and HP liao.

cocomo,
got yr PM liao..but got more directions to yr place? not sure where leh..hee hee...ya let us know if we can help bring anything ya...
happy.gif

piyo,
i love golden retriever..it is one of my dream dog!!...

ververy fast hor ... our baby going to be 1 years soon ! hahah ... i have already start thinking where to celebrate his 1st birthday ...

Any mummy baby have the same birthday as mine baby ?

my baby is bnorn on 8/8/06 , 08.08am ! hahah .... alot of " eights" hor ..... =)

this gathering so little pp hor..mummies come join us lah..it be fun for our little one..but hor, i hope u all dun mind hor, but if yr little one is not feeling well, hope u understand n give it a miss...hope no one take offence in wat i say hor...

white lady,
wow..so many eights hor...jay is born on 6 august, so juz nice the wkends b4 his actual bday can celebrate n i can still join in the bday bash...
happy.gif

hi white lady,
wah so nice leh the birthdate and time! my dd's on 15Aug, easy rem cos mid month like mid autumn festival but in english calendar! me also planning for little one's birthday! venue settled liao!now sourcing for theme & cake!

hi augbb,
ya goldie is very easy to take care and very lovable
happy.gif

Anymore joining us this gathering???

Gathering on 1 May at 1pm at cocomo's place Redhill:-
6) Kris, hubby and Zorian
9) Fiona, hubby, Denise
10)Pups, hubby and Leon

Augbaby,
Juz sms pups, she's coming as well. Think she very very very bz nowadays!!

Hi White lady,
Here's the website for similac http://www.abbott.com.sg/family/free_sample.asp

Hi mummies,
Here's to share Aden feeding schedule:

6.30am : 50 - 100ml of milk (He doesn't drink a lot during this time slot)
9.30am: 1/2 - 3/4 bowl of porridge
11.00am: 180ml of milk
2.00pm: 120 - 150ml of milk
4.00pm : 1/2 - 3/4 bowl of porridge
6.30pm : 120 - 150ml of milk
9.30pm : 180ml of milk

Hee... Dun know am I overfeeding him....

Hi mommies,

I'm quite new to this thread so would really love to catch up with everyone via the gatherings, but a pity i already have plans on the 1st May so gotta give it a miss. Pls do organise more of such gatherings again and I'll try and join to know everyone better. Cheers
happy.gif

hi cocomo,
hb din commit himself but i wanna go so most prob will go. what time is the gathering?

hi augbaby,
can u bring it along? if not going, will sms u in the morning?

cocomo,
received your PM le...
happy.gif

piyo,
i like retriever too, very children friendly and mild temper breed.

i bring my schnauzer for grooming around every 2-3mths. but certainly needs more brushing to maintain it's coat lor...but smaller breed tends to be more active, so need more attention.

whitelady,
share your sentiment...i was still thinking 8 mths ago my baby still so small and sleepy all the time, now my gal so big liao, some more got so many expression when talking...time sure flies

HI cocomo,
wah you no scare pple come rob you ah? haha you have not sms me your blk and unit no leh

Hi Fio and erin,
Ya GR very mild tempered and very eager to please us.. we haf another jack russell now at my mum's place.. wow TOTAL DIFFERENCE! megan loves dogs but prefers the JRT if got choice, of not GR also can lah! haha! maybe too big for her liking for now...

hi mummies,
have a great weekend! me leaving office liao!

Piyo,
aiyo u came b4 mah!!! That's why I did not PM u and Kelly! ok will sms u ;p

Jokojoko,
Thanks. Will change the photo on collate.

Mummies,
For those who requested a copy of collate, I will send you the final copy as soon as done. Now I m waiting for cj to post Kaefer's photo here as the one I put in collate quite blur. Have sms her but no reply le.

Honeyhaven,
You take care ya, rest more!!! Hope both you and Kayden as well soon.

Hi Augbaby,

U r not alone. Natalie no sign of single tooth out also. I also don't bother so much cos I also cant force the teeth out haha.

Natalie is slow in everything. Just tired with mil doing and always been repeating and repeating till I v sian n fed up. TIL NOW SHE DON CRAWL! she can oni lift up both her buttock only n bump forward on the mattress! Always remind mil or even fil to let her on tummy to learn n show them how to do it. BUT END UP CARRY HER WHENEVER SHE WAKE UP AND NV LET HER ON TUMMY OR LAY ON BED!!! Though I not ard during weekday while working, I done survey. WAS there on SUN WHOLE DAY n let them hijack since they love it so much AND REALLI they nv put her on tummy. keep putting her siting on their lap in their arms. In my mind I reali wan to blow up.

Then nvm. I always tot mil feed natalie 2meals a day and i increase her milk feed 1mth ago cos she is below average. I even talk extremely nicely to mil on how is the timing etc... TODAY I REALISE when i fetch natalie home MIL TEL mi, " u feed her porridge liao me? maybe don give her anymore cereal. Once a meal a day can liao!" I was so shocked! it has been more than 1mth plus she started on porridge whenever i bring her bacK! I told her fish porridge or whichever vege spinanch etc. I tel her MUST FEED HER 2 MEAL... normal bb already having3meals! I do not know how to react anymore.

After a tiring week in work in new company.. everything is new andlet ppl push mi here and there, suffer in silence AND school work confusion and now MIL issue and worrying natalie growth and crawl and alot alot(even though i tel myslf relax forget it she wan to crawl she will.) BUT MY MIND IS DAMN IT! SORRY.. for venting my anger here.. cos sometime realli cant stand so much things and HB is the type jus don care. He can say she got eat and sleep can liao, doesnt matter how many meals! Imagine what kind of daddy? THIS PUT ME TOTALLY OFF THE IDEA OF 2nd BB.

I can oni say 1 word for my mil.. lazy. This is wat i realise. taking care a bb need effort and time BUT she is not. She say bb gal skinny good! hahaha wat is that? TOO skinny alot prob also cos im always been aim n shoot by PD.

Now I m having enough headache and totally depressed! Totally BAD MOOD.. Tml gg to bring Natalie to see PD for her phlegm. IT didnt go away though she oni have that sound after milk.. sometime night time. MIL say all bb will have nothing to worry about!

I gotta stop.. spoiling all ur days hearing all my anger n nonsense... sorryyy

Cynthia,
dun get mad over this issue...Bb Natalie eventually will noe how to crawl/walk... babies' crawling can hav alot pattern one..haha.
hm.. at least ur bb got eat one meal(porridge)..my friend's even worse, bb never get the chance to eat cereal/porridge at all(8mths old)..the mil not even let the bb eat biscuits/apple pureed.. only MILK>.. was v surprised... maybe u can ask ur mil to give 2x porridge(cook one time, then put into slow cooker)..
As long as bb is healthy... tried not to give urself so much stress.. i often got this worry too... as my ger's wgt is under small-sized, seeing my cousin's bb how come so giant sized.. abit worry like u too.. haha.. then i realised ishould forcus whether my baby eats well, sleep well, play well.. shouldnt compare at all.. then my worries all gone..
hm.. is ur bb sleepin in air-con room? try not to.. but if no choice, pls prepare a small pail water to be placed in the room.. it will help to reduce having phlegm..
Cheer up.. dun get mad.. every mummy sure got some problems.. it's gd that u voiced out.. at least now feel better rite? ...take a cup of cold water, cool dwn.. tomolo will be a better day..
779093.gif

hi cynthia,
try to cool down 1st...u are so stressed out. i can't really offer u any advice but i can share with u that i'm oso only giving my gal 1 meal of cereal a day only, not even porridge hor...
initially i was oso very stressed out like u, saw all the mummies here alrdy giving their babies 2-3 meals of porridge a day while mine still happily taking milk only.
but i sorted out my thot, we are in a phase of introducing new taste and solids to our bb, so that eventually they'll be able to accept & take our food. i did some reading and i find that there's nothing wrong even if my bb's gonna have more milk till she's a yr old.

and for your info, i did not do any tummy time for denise too...she started later then rest of the babies here who were alrdy flipping back then. but voila, she managed to catch up so much.

what i'm trying to say is, we are very fortunate to have given birth to a healthy & happy bb, let's not get put down by all these issues.

hope u dun find me long winded..and do come in to chat wif us more often
kao_wink.gif

cocomo
pls sms me ur add. i may whip up a cake or something 2 bring 2 ur plc. not confirmed but i'll let u know in adv.

jesline
did u ask me abt e CD? it's not powerpoint leh. it's some kinda software which is like their own software. definitely not powerpoint 4 sure.

piyo
catherine is 1/2 right. yes, edward's one of e oldest in tis thread (13jul) but it's partly bcos he's a 2nd child. i came across many bbs who r #2, #3 n they do everything faster (in terms of milestones). in fact, edward's faster than gabe gor gor in many areas, except teething (gabe teethed at 6mths while edward got his 1st 2 lower teeth at 8.5mths).

edward has an elder sibling 2 emulate so tat's y can speak faster n cant wait 2 walk too.

cocomo
nice collage. can pls share wif me how u do it?

piyo
where r u holding megan's party? i having headache leh...cant find a suitable venue within my budget. called little gym & my gym - both out of my budget, called gymboree at vivo city - they dun do sundays, called kindermusik - cant bring food in. shucks!

i looking 4 a gym plc or a music plc like kindermusik. budget is $500. any lobangs?

Relac, mommies! My uncle who only learned to walk at 18mths is a CEO of some listed coy in sg (my grandma brought him to see doc thinking his legs have problem). So don't get too upset if your babies aren't crawling or standing or walking and have no teeth yet. :p

Kelly,
Actually very easy la. I used powerpoint to do. Just paste all the babies' photos on a slide only!!!
happy.gif

Cynthia,
If your mil dun give her tummy time, why dun you do that after you back from work? Agree with what Doris and Fio's comment, every baby has their own milestone. As long as their are happy and healthy that's most important. Dont put any pressure on your baby by comparing to others. One of my cousin only started solid on her gal at 10mth old. She said her lactation advice her to do that. Her gal's still healthy and her meat is 'kiat kiat' one lo!!! Dun woryy so much ok, I am sure your gal will catch up soon. cheer up gal!!!

cynthia relax, baby with or without cereal or porridge is not that impt, most impt is milk still cos milk have the most nutriention my colleague son also until 8-9mths then start eating porridge, at first he refuse to eat any execpt milk. don't have to worry too much

Hi cynthia,
i understand ur anxiety cos i was worried like u the other time. but after talking to my sis and a few friends, realised it's ok. babies develop at their own pace. natalie might not be able to crawl at this time but she might be doing something that other children might not be as good as. Kayden is still not crawling well even though he is born early aug so dun worry.

perhaps u can also bring her out to mix with other kids so she can learn or is more motivated to learn. cos it's just like what kelly says, ed learn from his bro and is more motivated to do so when he sees his brother doing certain actions. i also realised that Kayden is more motivated to crawl after attending the KM trial when he sees leon and jayden crawling.

re: feeding
it's alright to give solids one time a day as our child is below one yr old. milk shd still be their main food. i agree with fiona abt introducing new taste so they will learn to adapt to the food we take next time. Will you be home for dinner? if yes, then u might wanna feed her cereal for dinner?

or could it be that she finds it troublesome or that she's very busy to prepare the meals 2 times a day? then can take the other mummies' advice lor. use slow cooker. i do that too. my parents used to push the idea of feeding porridge to a later time too. but since i go early to prepare Kayden's porridge and leave it in the slow cooker before i leave for work, she's more receptive to it. a bit more mafan for us but worth it lor. to see ur baby eating the porridge that u cook and also be assured that ur mil did not add any other things to the porridge.

wah mummies,
you all sleep so late last night ah? how come post so late? I just drop in to read will post replies later, now bringing megan out liao, talk later!

AUG BABIES 1 YR B'DAY CELEBRATION

In rgds to booking the function room at my condo for the celebration, I'm ok to do it. However, I can only attempt to book on 28, 29 June for 28, 29 July cos the booking for 28, 29 July only open on 28, 29 June. Therefore, no guarantee I can book successfully.

As such, I can only confirm if booking is successful on 28, 29 June. Lemme know if you guys still want me to do it, and which slots you prefer - AM - 9am-3pm or PM - 4pm-10pm. Most likely need to plan for a contingency too (eg. Aloha resorts), in case I revert on 28, 29 June with a negative answer.

hi whitelady,
guess some ppl dun really care what their babies are eating. my mil says there's an old man who will bring the grandson (abt 9 months) down for breakfast and has been feeding him sips of coffee since 5 months. she was actually considering of doing that when Kayden was 4 months but we stopped her. my mil says very "chu bi" (in hokkien)

ya lor...once my fil saw me feeding denise bread and he finds it very interesting and attempted to give her a small bit of cuttlefish(the dried white color kind), lucky i managed to caught him in time(really grasped his arm!) and told him cannot give bb such stuff. i told my hubby and with a sad face, he said he himself must have been bred on "dirty eat dirty big" philosophy...poor thing
kao_sad2.gif

haha...fion, ya lor.. my dad also did that... seeing my mum feed Elysia bread, same.. he tried to let her taste watermelon, tea-C, jelly... haha.. i told him 'No ley'... but too late, touch her mouth liao.. aiyo.. cheeky girl still loves it, kept stickin out her tongue and look at my dad.. haha...My dad really a flying gonggong...
779859.gif

Mummies,
old old nursery rhyme
Anyone know this old old nursery rhyme? My hubby is tryng to recall this old old nursery rhymme that his deceased mother used to say, so that he can sing to our bb.

It starts off as - zhou2 ma2 lou2 gou4 (in han yin ping ying)..... then he dont remember anymore. As the rhyme is being said, we touch a finger of the bb's hand, then we move up his arm to tickle his armpit. Have anyone heard your mil, mother or grandma sing this rhyme? Please let me know..greatly appreciated.

Cynthia,
Yah, I thought our bb should be having 2 meals too. but my mum is also saying the same thing as your mil, 1 meal is enough. Maybe in earlier days, people were poorer, so they dont give so much food to the bb

Thanks for the console... it helps to lighten me up some.

Today bring Natalie to PD.. she got bronchities... need to use neberiliser (not sure if i spell it right or wrong) So poor thing, after a week of bit phlegm inside today morning before I gg to bring her to PD she start to cough n running nose.. lucky no fever. She is very cranky and feel so heart pain for her maybe its the 1st time she been so poor thing since birth.

Well maybe some of you don't know that I only went to mil hse alt days. sometime may stay but sometime not. When I was there, mil will hijack whenever I go over, so it makes so dono how to say out, sian. I wish I can bring her back everyday BUT i live in Jurong and MIL is AMK.. so its very tough and I got class mon wed fri.... so very tired and tried my best to give her more time whenever i can.

Well, I buy slow cooker to her and told her it will make her more free and easier. BUT she say 'NO NEED TO BUY, i wont use one.' After hearing this I dono wat else I can do anymore. Wan to give up. She can even tell mi y not don give her milk jus everyday porridge bread etc! OMG. I told her even Natalie reaches more than 1yr old I stil wan her have milk cause its beneficial for her.

Now jus hope natalie faster recovery... she already so skinny liao AND now hardly wan her milk or even cereal. I totally cut off her cereal liao cos of her phlegm.. so try to give her more watery porridge..

Piyo, i rember Megan also having this.. how long takes for her to recover? I not sure when will log in again.. maybe u can sms mi?
thanks..

Hi all,
wld like to join this gp if its ok...my boy was born on 23rd Aug 06...hubby & me were thinking tt we need to find more parent-friends cos all our friends are either not married or just married so no babies yet...hoping to also let my boy interact with other babies =)

Cynthia,
sorry to hear abt natalie's brochitis...my BIL (who's a doc) said it normally takes abt 1 - 3 wks to recover...try to let her hv more fluids..hope she recovers soon.

cynthia,
hopes nat recover fast, don't stress yourself too, i only see my girl on weekend, told mum not to neglect char milk but she still skip lunch and dinner cereal and porridge only then milk will be nite midnite and morning.

anyway i already give up on old folks my mum is like tat my mil is also the same what can i do?
told sil today about her mum, she also feel i very strong still can bare with her mil, if she were me she sure scold her.
but i told her she is different she can do tat but i can't i can only keep quiet until i can bare it anymore i will shoot my mil. she herself also says that she wont let her mum look after her kid.

Cynthia,
Hope little Natalie recover soon! You must also take care of yourself ya, dun be so stress up.

net,
Welcome! If u free do join our May gathering at my place on 1 May starting from 1pm. Btw, what's your boy's name? YOu wanna post ur boy's picture here so I can add into our August BB collage?

Gathering on 1 May starting from 1:00pm at cocomo's place Redhill:-
6) Kris, hubby and Zorian
9) Fiona, hubby, Denise
10)Pups, hubby and Leon

Back