(2006/08) AUGUST 2006 MTB

Cynthia,can understand how u feel esp when u mention yr mil said such insensitive words... i went thru that as well.its easier said then done, but just ignore her, am sure Nat will be as close to you as before once your confinement is over.
Dont think so much about it...dont understand why mils can say such hurtful & heartless words at times either, esp since they are Mothers too..
sigh.
Pat on yr back for putting up with her!!
Rest well & Take care!

Cynthia,

Yes, your MIL could be more positive and encouraging with her words, both to you and Nat. *pat pat* Don't get too upset by it cos when Nat comes back eventually, things will slowly revert back to normal.

cynthia,

just concentrate on yr confinement. You have lots of bonding time with both kids once confinement is over. Trust me. Been thru' all.

Then, they will be like leeches, always want you.

You take care. Be strong cos the real battle starts two weeks later
happy.gif

Cyn,
Dun bother abt yr MIL...she is reali insensitive...i understand how u feel coz its the same for me that time during my confinement. As i had to breastfeed jaz n take care of jaz, i did not manage to spend alot of time wif him and i cannot carry him too and instead its hubby and maid who did and he was very close to hubby and wants him alot...which is ok but still i feel v sad abt it and wan to spend as much time wif him but i cant bec i hav to be fair to jazzele...but dun worry once after confinement things will get better and nat will still v close to u no matter wat, u r her mummy...now maybe she is juz insecure and whoever shows her attention she will tend to develop a closeness to...Hang in there ya gal!!

Anyway here is a latest pic of me and jay n jaz...our kids reali grow up v fast liao...
happy.gif

1489681.jpg

Cynthia

Take Care ! dont worry too much

augbaby,

Your 2 kids really grown up very fast ! ur galgal so big liao ... so cute , the eyes very big n bright ! how i wish i also can have 1 boy 1 girl =)

Know some august 06 kids is toilet trained liao . For mine , cant even speak lor , so worry , very slow lor . He can only say words like : NO , YES , NIGHT , DADA , MAMA and all korean talk liao ... is he normal ?? so worried ....

hi cynthia..

hang in there.. for BF, do wat u can.. mine also pretty bad for zorian.. just do partial bfing.. u must rest well and eat well since u intend to close shop after this.. look after ure health.. no worries about Nat.. once the confinement is over, she will be close to u liao.. dun worry to much ok..

hi augbaby..

Jay and Jaz grows up so beautifully.. always love Jaz's simile..

hi mommies..

need ure advise!!

zorian has been super bad these few nights.. refuse to sleep and kept on asking for milk!!! after which will vomit and kept whole family up.. felt so bad cos MIL will have headache the next day.. anyone has good suggestions?? please help.. thanks..

also anyone knows where I can get NUK Silicone Soother for 18 mths and above?? sad to say zorian still very much into his pacificer.. his current one is spolit but unable to get the silicone one.. get the latex one which he hates.. thanks!!

hi cynthia,
can understand how u feel. just try ur best to ignore her. mine refused to let me carry Kayden during confinement and yet he's so clingy to me now. think nat will be close to u again after she comes home. dun worry.

hi whitelady,
Kayden's the same. can identify and name things, people and pictures and speak in short phrases. still can't express himself in complete sentences. he's also making a lot of baby talk especially when he has a lot of things to say. can blabber in 'korean' for a few minutes but none of us understand. can only 'ya' 'ya' to show that we are listening. haha...

hi mummies who have children in childcare,
Kayden's now refusing to wear his school uniform. will cry and wail when i bring him to school. however, he'll stop crying after a while and play with the toys. is it normal?

it's not just school. he'll cry for me whenever i leave his sight in the house or anywhere. not sure if it could be due to the fact that i'm home with him every day this month? hence, resulting in his clinginess?

i'm so sad to see him crying. family's now adding pressure to me having him to stop childcare. however, i can see the pros in having him in school. he's getting more sociable and can talk about his friend, Aaron and his teacher. he's also less addicted to the tv and is able to speak more English (as my parents speak to him mainly in Hokkien). he's also getting more chatty and able to follow instructions.

am getting a bit more concerned cos i've to go back to school soon and might not be able to fetch him back. what to do? haiz...

sorry for all the grumbling. not sure what to do leh. hb leaves the decision to me while family kept saying to take him out. so fed up.

hi augbaby,
did u go for the makeover in the end? sure u will look gorgeous cos u r already pretty in the 1st place. btw, u resemble ur mum a lot
happy.gif

Hi Cyn,

Dun worry abt patial BF. For my first child, due to various factors, i did not managed to bf her at all! PD console me that FM is just as good and nutritious la. Now that she's turning 6, she looks fine to me
happy.gif

As for your mil insensitive words.....u did great by putting up a brave front
happy.gif
Nat will be closer to you again once she's back home and u have to spent more quality time with her..maybe after your confinement, can get your mum to "jagar" baby while you bring nat out with hb alone to have some bonding time
happy.gif
Hang in there!! Count down to your end of confinement liao
happy.gif

Hi augbaby,
wow...jazzele has really changed alot since the last photo u posted of her still laying down. Jay has also grown up liao. Btw, did u managed to go for the makeover? Hope u did!

Hi Kris,
Have you tried exhausting him before his bed time? Maybe can try leting him vent off some steam at playground, horse around with him, play ball, or other physical activities before gradually slow down to reading etc... to prepare him for bed time
happy.gif

I know its taxing for u to play with him now...how abt hb taking the physical activities while u can read to him lor...just a suggestion
happy.gif

Hi erin,
i think it might be separation anxiety. Since u have been at home with him most of the time this month, he'll be especially clingly to u. try to gradually distance yourself more before u start work
happy.gif

cyn,
just ignore your mil insensitive comments, anyway she's just jealous that nat has always been close to you. dun worry, nat will be back to her normal self soon just take good care of yourself during the confinement period
happy.gif

augbb,
look at the lovely pic...both jay and jaz has grown so much! now awaiting my turn hehehe...

kris,
you can take up yoshi's suggestion to tired him out with activities during the day time or before bedtime. for denise, since she's in CC nowadays she sleeps quite early bcos very tired by end of the day.

whitelady,
dun worry abt the vocab, denise can identify alot of things but only speak in single syllabus, can't link words together, like "eat" "rice", she got to say it one at a time but not continuously. then rest of the sentences also sound korean to me :D

erin,
it's separation anxiety bah...try to observe and give kayden more time to adjust before making any major decision, and stay confident in your decision so that your family may back off a bit abt giving all the negative remarks.

butter8,
it's me u are looking for. i will be continuing with d'story club but will prob start from 5th lesson onwards. now in confinemnent not covenient to bring the boy. u continuing??

find seedlings quite small. didn't have a good impression cos when i rushed there that sat after pat's, they were closed. was told to be there before 1pm. i was there at 12.10pm and they were already closed. i was quite angry cos the teacher forgot abt the appt and i made a wasted trip.

Thanks mummies for the encouragement and lovely pat pat care hehehe.. sometime came in forum sharing and complaining do helps at time
happy.gif

Finally today is 14days of confinement. Can bath can do more things rather than doing nothing and keep laying on bed. This round I look after my health more like try not to do more things since my mum around except I have do feeding at night time. BUT this is the last week my mum will be with me.. sch reopen she has to go back open her stall so no choice. But ok as I am coming an end to my confinement soon and basically my wound is healing and I am more mobile can walk can run but not jumping for sure!

Nicole has been noti again but I tell myself this is the last time I be "enjoying" newborn life! So just hope she be more stable as weeks come and my mil able to manage her after I go back work... I am waiting for an end to my confinement so Nat will be back with me and few sch that has inform me no more waiting list so I must start going back again to discuss with them in july! Cant wait to get my life back!!

Here a quick one of Nicole. She look alike with Natalie.

1491219.jpg

This is Nicole

1491220.jpg

This is Natalie

hi yoshi and fiona,
thanks. will try to distance myself from him this few days. see whether it will improve.

hi cynthia,
they really look alike. esp. in the nose and face structure.
happy.gif

cyn - Aiyoh..your gals look so alike..so cute. Now we got #2, we tend to 'compare' them to #1 in terms of look & behaviour hor. At times, me & hubby will say "u see boy boy slp just exactly like Gen lah" etc.

Anyway i can comprehend what u are feeling abt Nat feeling distance from you coz when i was doing my confinement, i was at my mum's plc while hubby & Gen is staying at my MIL's plc & i only get to see Gen on weekend, the feeling is terrible hence i always look forward to Fri..the feeling of seperating from your loved ones is so terrible.

I am also upset when Gen look for my maid when she wan to play coz i cant carry & play with her. Then she also keep saying "nai nai, nai nai" (my MIL) in her sleep which makes me upset.

I guess all the hormones also play a part. I am so glad now dat my confinement is over coz i can bond back with Gen & she is still clingy to me. She will keep saying mama mama when she when to sleep.

Dun worry so much k..hang in there..take care of yourself.

Anyway Gen still pee & poo in her diapers...cant toilet trained her leh..is she the only wan not toilet trained here ? She also still cant bite her food well..always swollowing..hard for us to give her what we eat as a meal..she is still stuck with porridge
sad.gif

Hi MH,
Thanks...ya...she is all grown up already...i juz imagine i manage to survive the 1st few mths when she is a bb...hee hee...time flies...

Mummies,
i ended up din go for the mother and baby audition...coz no one to go with me plus last min i did not manage to find a white top to wear to there...haha...well nvm...next time then...the lady told me to email her my pic again for the next issue lor...see if i can kena selected again...din wan to go wif my helper coz had some issues with her but luckily she is going bk liao...dunno if it bec she is going bk that is y she is this way...
happy.gif

Cyn,
Nicole is such a pretty girl like her sis....
happy.gif
so nice...

Erin,
I think u shld continue putting kayden in CC since other than crying when u leave, he seems rather well adjusted and i do feel that its better for them to go interact wif kids their age then to stay at hm n juz watch tv...for me now its a little too late to start jay in CC coz its in the middle of the end term and that time i could not coz of jazzele...but will be starting him in either half day CC or at least 3hrs playsch near my place next yr...so gotta start searching soon...juz ignore yr MIL n rest and go with yr heart...think like wat the rets of the mummies said think its bec u were wif him everyday n hence he is used to seeing u around n will cry if u leave...try to tell him slowly this few days that u r leaving but you will see him at nite...that way he knows its temp only...hugs for u gal....hang in there...u will see the results soon..
happy.gif

erin,
Jay also the same, very clingy to me and I can't even go toilet, he will knocks the door and cries till I come out. When he drinks milk or poo must hold my hands as well (make sure I am beside him). Nowadays try to ask his daddy to play more with him and try to distract his attention from me. So far so good. Dun pull him out from CC la, this is just transitional period and I believe things will improve slowly.

cyn,
your Nicole so cute and chubby!!! As for the milk supply, try to continue pumping for another 5-10mins after you have empty your breast (even if nothing come out). Your supply will slowly improve by doing this.

kRis,
Zorian slept too much in the day time izit? He asking for milk izit bcoz had not enuf for the dinner? You give him rice or porridge for dinner? Jay is the opposite, he tent to skip his last milk feed at 9pm now, the most only take 5OZ. Me worry also. sigh . . .

Cocomo,

Hannah has been skipping the night feed since 3 months ago. I think its because my mum fed her too much, this little greedy pig can eat a full bowl of rice + liao for dinner and I'm referring to the Chinese bowl that we adults eat. After her rice, she can stuff more fruits in and even ask for biscuits or when her daddy eats dinner later in the evening, she will also want some. She eats non-stop from 7pm to 9pm, I was thinking no wonder she cannot stomach any more milk . Initially I was worried that she will wake up in the middle of the night crying for milk but so far she hasn't done that yet haa. She's still putting on weight so I'm not too worried. Jay should be fine too, does he eat alot for dinner?

hi augbaby and cocomo,
think will hold on and observe 1st. hopefully he can adjust soon. it's 2 weeks plus already and yet he's still crying when i leave him there. thought he was alright last week. will go without crying until last thurs when he refused to wear his uniform and cry loudly.

hi cocomo and honeyb,
Kayden's been skipping his night feed for quite a few months liao. he eats a lot of food during the day but doesn't really want to drink milk when he's awake. a bit worried too.

Erin,
Guess our tods have the same issue at this stage, its probably ok for them if they are eating well during the day. I always think that they will be "addicted" to milk (the old folks always say ni gian) and will need to have milk especially before bed time, think it doesn't work for our tods :")

cocomo,honeyb,erin,
denise is one of those "gian ni" tods then. she's so greedy when it comes to food too, but will still ask for her milk before bedtime and sometimes wake up very early like at 5+am asking for milk again. sometimes she ate so much till can puke undigested food in her sleep, so now i control her intake during dinner. but for lunch she's ok, always ask for 2nd helping in cc and finishes her milk right after that...maybe got to do with their birth zodiac sign *doggie*? hahaha

MH,
I agree totally with you that will tends to compare! But totally different for both of this kid. Natalie is alot more obedient and more easier to take care than Nicole lo. But no matter what still our kids la
happy.gif
Now I also always look forward fri-sun cos Natalie will be back here. BUT SOMETIME mil pattern alot. Say I need PLENTY OF REST so she tell hb don bring back ONLY when SUN morning back here and night bring her back. SO it means she not sleeping here! I tel myself I 'REN'. Another 2weeks my confinement over see what pattern she be up too lo hahaha!!

Slowly let Gen take rice. Maybe u can try mix with soup and leave it for about few min so will easier to chew? I read from article sometime toddlers they tend to be lazy at certain stage. So I believe its temporary don worry okie. Last time Natalie also. She always been eating rice during dinner and out of sudden skip it prefer others! Now she prefer vege than fish... think I gave her too much vege. Now every single meal of her MUST have vege!

Toilet trained.
Natalie just been trained b4 I go pop. Very fast about 1week she is off diapers liao. Only need to wear when she nap and night time. So basically she use 2 pcs everyday which do save alot. But sometimes she need to pee every 1hr or 1hrplus so depends. I give her alot water when toilet train her inorder for her to try control her bladder lo.

Erin,
Natalie also skip her night & morning milk feed at times. Depends on her mood also! I think mayb they are too full during the day so once awhile will refuse milk. Last time I was freaking out but slowly I tell myself as long she take no matter how many ML i don mind. When she grow older, able to use glasses I will give her 2 glasses a day easier than using bottle.

Thanks for the lovely comments of Nicole. THey do share alot same structure
happy.gif
The fun thing is can keep taking more pics again and make comparison how both of them look at diffferent stage!

Kris,
I just saw NUK silicone pacifier today at Motherworks at Tanglin Mall and Great World City. However its for 6-18mths. Not sure if you're looking at this size.

hi all mummies ,

i thinking of enrolling my son to Little Skool House when he is 2 years old , for their 3 hours lesson , do u all know whether its good ?

Mummies,
anyone available to go visit piyo this thur or friday...she will be going for c-section at 7am this thur coz baby tay is in breech position and she has been having irregular contractions for a while already... and i was thinking of going to glen e to visit her and her princess...anyone want to go with me ah after work say abt 8+?

hi augbaby,
i would be able to make it on thur. but i would need to take a cab back around 9 cos need to bring kayden back before his bedtime which is around 10. u wanna share cab?

erin,
if we leave at 9+ ok with you? Coz i scare i be there only abt 8+ coz gotta go eat dinner before visiting piyo...but we can drop u hm lah as we r going bk to my parents pl in tamp to pick up the kids after that...
happy.gif
But u be hm b4 10pm okie with u?

morning mommies..

Hi Yoshi / Fiona / Cocomo..

thanks for the advise.. Zorian has been taking rice for dinner and after that he will still eat whatever snack we are having.. dun know why he has been super sticky and kept on asking for milk.. can drink up to 300ml and more then vomit all out by crying loudly.. super stress...

taking all your advise.. nowaday MIL will only let him nap 1 hr in the afternoon.. then she would wake him up.. at night, we will let him play and watch Barney till 11am or later.. me now pandan liao.. sigh... thinking up all ideas to keep him entertain at night..

Hi cocomo..

how u been?? hope ure work environment is much better now...

dun worry too much.. as long as Jay is putting on weight and growing beautifully, it should be ok.. dun worry too much..
happy.gif

Hi Yoshi..

thanks.. actually looking for one above 18 mths..
happy.gif

how u been?? much better from your MS??

hi erin..

like the rest of the mommies, feel tat you should do wat is right for Kayden.. since already started him in CC, should let him continue and see how he grows there.. as u say, he is more sociable now.. it is hard to see our kids cry but sometimes just have to lor..

although zorian is not in cc, he will always cry for me.. cant even go loo or bath.. i just tell him nicely and walk away.. if he cries, let him cry lor.. feel that he should learn and slowly understand tat i will be back after tat..

take care and hope u wont be too stress...

hi cynthia..

Nat sure look like Nic... both are so pretty... u rest well ok.. ignore ure MIL lor.. she is just jealous tat Nicole dun want her before your delivery.. let her enjoy Nicole for one month while u take care of yourself.. after tat, Nicole will still be close to you.. afterall, they know who their parents are.. dun be too stress okie...

hi augbaby..

i see how ok.. might also drop by to see piyo on thurs.. provided tat i have not delievered yet.. keekee..

augbb,
me also see how it goes, my tummy has been lying low for more than a week still awaiting for signs. if going to visit piyo willl let you know.

Cynthia,
read your post, Not to worry about that its our kids passing phrase.

Charlotte is also like tat they had grown up alot. Every Friday when she come back home she refuse to come in, but later she will be alright and when my mum and dad go back she will scream "WEI"~~~ but she just hold her tears.
When comes to sunday my mum come and pick her up she refuse to go back and got cling on me. If she is going back she will cry very loud for me.
I will feel heartache but still i bare with it.

So don't worry they are easy to adapt with different people once you play with them.

White_lady,
I had been introducing Charlotte with lots of educational vcd like Leapfrog and Your baby can read VCD, Cause i have no time for her during the weekend i will stay by herside and watch it with her and do the actions together, i just bout the Your Baby Can Read VCD and is very useful, Now she can read some words like clap, arms up, Arms Down, Baby, Elephant, tiger, mouth nose,eyes. Previously she only know apple,bird, dogs, cats. althought she still speaks Korean or japaneses but at least she had learn new words. Not to worry they are able to talk or not cause mostly only by 2 years old onwards then they will start to speak to sentence. if they can understand what you are talking thats is more then enough. Like ask them to pick up toys, keep toys and things you want them to do.

All mummies ,

thank for sharing on baby talk ... I m not worry liao . now got another thing bothering me . Dont know is it a need to let my son go playgroup at 2.5years old . Thinking of letting him go for the pre school at LITTLE SKOOL HOUSE . A 3 hr class at $350 per month . You all think its worth going ? i mean , spent so much but do u all think he can learn ? or just let him go PAP play play till 3 years old then let him go LITTLE SKOOL HOUSE ??

thank =)

hi amberlyn

hehehe i am not preggy now but still as forgetful...
how are u doing?

i am supposed to give an answer to Pat's this week. totally forgot that there is lesson last sat..

still mulling on whether to let him start partial drop off lesson type of school...
just checked out children's vista... didnt go to kinderland tho...

seedlings is rather simple school... the teacher supervisors are only around in the morning... they do not have any admin or helper of sorts.

Hi whitelady,
it's not compulsory to send ur boy to playgroup at 2.5 yrs old. it depends on ind. some people will only send their child at 4yrs old for nursery. i'm sending mine to 3 hrs playgroup (though it's half day childcare) until he's older. might change him to PCF when he's older cos dun intend to let him go for full day childcare (will not have Chinese lesson unless he goes for full day). then send him for enrichment classes such as 'I can read', chinese lesson at Tian Hsia, etc to supplement what he's learning.

btw, think PCF doesn't have playgroup. they only have lessons from 3yrs old onwards. HTH

hi erin ,

PCF have playgroup . i have ask liao . And what i prefer is that , i think that ratio is 1:6 ...

is call : PCF LittleStepsProgramme

think its $100++ per month .

is for 30months and up kids , here the link , you might want to take alook :

http://www.pcf.org.sg/index.htm

Right now , i m thinking , let him go PCF from 2 to 4 . Then when at 4 yo , sent him to better ones like little skool house . Cos some pple told me that , at 2 - 3 yo , even sent them to good one , they spent most of their time playing only . And the fees for good centre is more than double of PCF .. what do u all think ??

just been to see my previous gynae, and my baby is alrdy 3.2-3.3kg at coming 37wk, so he suggests i go induce by next week as this boy is gonna be bigger then denise (denise's shoulder got stuck when she was born at 3.68kg at 39wk), so i was capped at that weight to have a normal delivery. any bigger i may end up with a c-sect.

hi whitelady,
just checked it out. that's relatively quite new leh. there's a couple of ctrs in tampines that offer this programme this yr but none of them near my place leh. must take bus.

am not so sure if the kids at the good childcare spend most of their time playing. perhaps, u can check with piyo or cocomo cos i think the curriculum offered at MMI sounds good.

the one kayden is attending is the normal neighbourhood type. i did not check out the curriculum cos my main concern is socialisation for him at this point of time and not really studying. anyway, i observed that the school lets them learn through play and singing songs. for eg. the teacher will let them play with cubes and then talk about the different colours that r available or making tea where they will be introduced to words like teabag, water, stirrer, etc. found that he can actually remember the words introduced after the lesson.
happy.gif

actually, my original plans are similar to urs. send him to a good childcare when he's older so he can absorb more. but after sending him to childcare, i'm a bit reluctant to let him stay there for the full day session. hence, am considering of sending him to kindergarten (such as pcf or st hilda's kindergarten) when he's older.

perhaps, more mummies can share their opinions on this so we can learn more.

erini00,

for my case , i wont sent him to CC lor , cos i work from home , so i can look after him , and my mum is actually looking after him . so i will be letting him go for 3 hours session when he is older , to better school lor . Right now , think will just let him go play , my planning also like urs lor =)

And ya , more mummies , pls share your view =)

Mummies,
Thanks for your info on the night feed. I dun think Jay gain weight le, think he stuck at 11kg since few months back till now!!! jialat. . .

Fio,
Wah your boy is huge!! My next consultation will be this coming Sat, think my girl is approx his gor gor's weight if not smaller. Damn sian need to wait so long to see my girl at ultrascan.

Fio/Piyo/Cyn/leobbsmom/kRis/Racoon,
I am thinking of doing the 4D scan, you did that? any comment? My hubby keep saying I waste money
sad.gif
but I very tempted le. I am now into 31wk, dunno if it is too late to do the scan now?

erin,cocomo,
yup decided to name him, Lucien Ang, Hong Jia Jun.
Now family getting a date for me to go induce next week, which i will convey my private gynae message to my sgh gynae to induce.

re: 4D scan
oh yes, i did it for both pregnancy. got all the pic back on a cd. you can consult your gynae whether it's ok to do it at 31 wk, got to inform early since it'll take a longer time for the scan.

hi mummies,

i was down with food-posioning since Sat nite, and only got back to work ystday and had so much work to clear.. hmmm......it's lunchtime now, so sneak in to take a peak! =)

Cyn,
u hang in there gal! another 1 week plus and confinement is over! and pls dun worry abt Nat now, coz all u wan is tat she's in good hands at the inlaws, and since u know she is, then dun let other trival stuff bother n upset u during your rest ok! =) some old folks are just so thotless n plain Bo Liao and like to do things just for the sake of making themselves happy!

so why bother n let them hv their way?! =P just be happy tat Nat is happy in their care, and tat's wat is useful to u now! Hor? =P Jia You girl, and u r on your way to learning on how to be a strong mom of 2 kiddos! =P

cocomo,
i think mine with T C Chang was not 4D, or even 3D?! hahaha......i also dunno one leh! =P but week 31 liao, u still wanna do scan for wat ar? wat u wanna see? unless your gynae didnt manage to do a detailed one the last round, if not, i advise u not to waste money wor...

all these money will come in handy when bb arrives! =) save them to buy nice dresses for her lah! ^__^

mummies,

now our tods are bigger, can share what stroller you all using now? with no. 2, how many strollers u all have hah? how u go out with 2?

hi cocomo..

me dun go for 4D nor 3D scan.. cos baby caralisa is in the head down position for a long time.. cant even capture her face..

hi white_lady / erin..

intend to let zorian go appletree when he hits 3 yrs old.. in the meantime, he stays at home.. will look for those once a week enrichment class to let him go.. just stopped BJG cos me going to deliver soon.. if not will still let him continue for sure...

hi jasmommy...

zorian no longer likes his pram.. i intend to use the same one for no. 2.. in case zorian wants to sleep, i will carry no.2 and let him sleeps in his old pram.. no intension to get another one yet..

Back