(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Peach, btw yr MIL is employing a maid right? then y put infant care? take few weeks of leave to takecare of K till maid come? K had never been to infant care, suddenly put her there can get use meh?

BJG mummies..i wan to complaint! today the relieve teach dame jialate, she sing out of tune & soft, keep forgetting the song! flash card so slow n cant pronuicate accurately...cant keep our baby attention! gym monkey bar no confident keep pausing...I feel we should feedback leh, is wasting of our $ if the relieved is unprepare at all!

Zita,

yeah i nearly fainted lor... my Caitz also not happy n didnt want to take anything from her... she kept complaining too... so jialat... i noticed she anyhow flash the cards to our bbs one esp the left n right stimulation. different bb different image leh!!! so jialat... forget lyrics n sing out of tune... can diez

CG - my sentiments. MIL was told by her friends that montessori way of education is very good for baby etc. etc. I can't fault it cos I've never tried it/found out more of it. I just dislike the idea about infantcare because as u said. 1 teacher:3 babies. I only know of one so far which is Babies Inc. @ tanjong katong. so will call them up ASAP. at least to 'explore' the option so that MIL won't think i'm disagreeing with her for the sake of disagreeing. CG... which infantcare was it? then who took care of her bb girl?... how did she find out about the playpen thing?
sad.gif
quite sad hor to find our that they put her in the playpen alone for hours.

zita - MIL mentioned that she heard from her friend that montessori way of teaching is very good for bb. n she thinks that K altho is 'special' should be treated like a normal child n learn to socialize like a normal child. When i mentioned about how i would discuss it with our speechtherapist, MIL said that "it's not about the speech, it's about the education" ... n she keeps saying money is not a problem. =/

peachsorbet: I strongly agree that montessori way of education is good, which is suitable for toddlers. My cousin went to peep at the center last week lor. Actually when we place them in any infant care, we must be prepared that the teachers/caregivers can't possibly pay 100% attention to our babies. Teachers/caregivers also have other issues/matters to handle or solve when our babies are sleeping. At times, they might also have to assist to look after other babies from other levels or classes.

Mummies,
Kay's fever shot up to 39degree just now..Gave her some fever meds & she's back to sleep again. But her face looks very red leh..sigh...

YB,
if too high, give yr nurofen n paracetamol together.. will bring fever down. but u still hv to monitor every 4hrs

julie
yep, correcto
happy.gif

peach, no worries abt $$. worth giving it a shot, no? can always find a way solution to it, to some degree, with compromise. watever decision u make, definitely supporting u all the way
happy.gif

YB
hope Kay's fever is down...can make barley for her? or one of those cooling drinks?

YB - Hope Kay is well today...
happy.gif

jshoppers
I notice that the mustard colour for the playsuit is OOS already. thus pls choose another colour asap. YB & loppypop - RED OR BLUE?

brambles, Celestine, peach - noted your additional orders

Total Playsuits orders: 9.
1) MTDT
2) Fruitee
3) Missmoon
4) Peach
5) Lollypop
6) Mezzo
7) Brambles
8) Blessings
9) YB

For any other orders, pls pm me by today.
happy.gif

thanks

peach - no worries... just go with wat ur heart tells u. not all IFC are horrible... but at the same time, not all bbies are suitable to be in IFC.
happy.gif

btw, i read ur blog! wow... Kristen took her 1st step!!! Congrats!!
happy.gif

Zita/ylc - I think so too. At least we shld get another make up. I think our babies didnt really benefit from yseterday's lesson. The monkey bar thingy, usually we stand infront of our babies to swing them right? Yesterday when I postion myself infront of E, she asked if I have done it before. I said usually we stand in front of them to swing them, but she said no, we shld stand at the side. At the side, how? So difficult, end up she ask my hubby to do it?!?! which is he's first time doing!

She sings also... wah!! CMI...CMI...CMI...me and nite_gal thinks we can sing the hello n goodbye song better.

eeyore - u check in the JUNK MAIL or spam folder.

OC - Good to hear that Gillian is recovering! Hope to see her soon.

YB - Kay's having fever? Brought her to doc?? The fever although subside will come back again, u need to give her another 1 or 2 doses of medication even the fever gone to ensure that its really subside, rather than due to the effect of medication. Try to sponge her at night also because the temp usually increase during their sleep.

Hope all ill bbs will recover fast!

ethel,
I gave her Darmol (fever meds given by GP)..if mixed wif paracetamol, will overdose?

Last night kay sweat till her hair soak..then leak urine too cos the diaper is full...majiam like kena soak in pool.

Her fever kept hovering around 39 degree, but after meds, will come down..then after go up again.

PM,
I apply cooling gel on her forehead.

MTDT,
Will choose RED then.

MTDT,
i will just jshopper a miss this time.

YB,
did Kay keep scratching her ear etc? Cos Urinary tract infection n ear infection is one of the reason to cause high fever. Another is virus..

If u find Kay very restless, not interested and cranky. Bring her to see doctor ASAP.

As usual, give her plenty of water. U can feed her barley water too.

Ethel,
cannot give too much fever medicine. Fever medicine is given according to the child weight.

PM,YLC,Zita,
u shld complain to the center. Tell the incharge the kids doesnt like the teacher and u feel she is not ready to teach the crawlers grp. I think u can demand for another lesson.

Hong,
Nope, she did not scratch her ears. I cooked barley water for her today, but she only drank a little. I also kept giving her plain water & milk. Not eating porridge for now cos her appetite seems to have drop.

Her fever is gone from 11am till now..hopefully it won't coma back at night. If tonight fever stii persist, will bring her to PD tomorrow.

Kay also pooed twice today...both times also alot. And she also keeps perspiring. Guess tis is gd?

Hong,
Not sure if it's due to viral attack or teething leh...cos her gums seems to b sore (she keep chewing) & can see white spots.

And she also slept over at my mum's plc on Fri night, then Sat afternoon fever starts. Although my niece & nephew wasn't around, mayb the virus still exist in the hse?

Didn't sleep well last night cos went to nursery & sleep wif Kay. Then today like very blur lor...mind not working properly. sigh...

YB...takecare!u never brg her to c doc yet har?

mummies,v ear carnal veri red leh, i suspect is dirty, how do i clear it har?

Ylc,pm wan complaint and request for additional lesson? yr english powerful anot? my lousy cant draft strong letter and not firm leh,,btw who is the incharge?

YB,

Hope Kay is feeling much better now... However be extra vigiliant cus at night fever tends to shoot up one. But if she pee alot, thats gd news leh... like expelling the heat away but i think tml better bring her to see doc lor. Fever med give according to what was prescribe n do not mix it... Not sure if we can overdose them with so much med lor... better be sure on the safe side n not mix lor

You also try to take care of urself.... when bb sick we tend to have very siong nites!!! Take care ya!

Zita, Pm,

think we shld feedback to Annie lor. I think she is probably in charge leh! But then we can complain lah but then if we do so, maybe might get that teacher out of job lor... dunno whether might implicate Shihui since i think she might have last min took leave lor. I think they last min then find this teacher to take over one lor. I think we must be really careful when we draft the letter to Annie.

Zita,

You can try washing V's ears with a washcloth. Dun try to use cottonbud to clean ears cus i read in an article that the cottonbud are not sterilized so we may be pushing the dirt back into the ears causing ear infection.
Ear wax is one way to protect the ears. When it builds up, it will automatically push towards the opening n fall out or be washed away.
There is this article which you may find useful:
http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/stay_healthy/body/ear_care.html

Hello mummies!

YB, hope Kay gets well soon. If in doubt, just bring to PD to be safe.

Peach, there are some decent infantcare centers around. I have no problems with the one (Babies Resort) that Joshua goes to. You will need to visit the premise itself and be convinced yourself that it's suitable for Kristen. I must be one of those "weird" mummies who much prefer sending Josh to infantcare than leaving with a maid or in-laws. btw, I thought montessori is more relevant for toddlers (i.e. >18 mths). If u need more info abt infantcare, can pm me. (seldom get to log on to forum nowadays)

Hi all mummies that r using Mammy Poko diapers,

I saw this in yahoo auction, seem like good buy..

Mamy Poko diapers and pants for sale (same as what NTUC selling)All are brand new. Pants sizes comes in L qty 14, XL qty 12 and XXL qty 10 price $7.5 each bag.Any size pants min need buy 4 bags.Diapers sizes comes in S qty 48, M qty 44, L qty 38, XL qty 34 and XXL qty 28 excluding NB. Price $14.9 each bag.Purchase of min $59.6 free delivery. Purchase lesser than $59.6, self collection can be made at either Marine Terrace or Punggol plaza. Please contact maggie 96739345 thanks.

Mummies,
Kay's temp is at 37.2 degree for the last 12hrs...hopefully the fever is gone.

ylc,
Actually Kay slept thru-out last night, but I Ga Kiang lor...bring her to my bed at night while she was still sleeping...then she woke up & cannot sleep...Hmm..took me abt 45mins to pacify her back to sleep.

YB, =) hope Kaylyn is feeling better now. Glad to hear that fever has gone down. 37.2 is good right?
happy.gif

Lok, I've PM'ed you. Thanks.
happy.gif

mtdt - Kristen's 1st step is only 1 step lor. after that maid saw her do only 1 step then sit down. it's really 1 step. not officially walkwalk yet.

Mygym @ MP - had fun today. haven't had time to update blog. been messing around with the photos... and .. pretty tired now cos still had to go to ILs for dinner today.

IFC - will give it a go. frustrated about so many things n still have to put a smile on my face. hubby is so heck care.. there i am searching for IFCs nearby etc. and he is playing soccer game. i feel like i'm the only one who is panicking.

YB,
if the fever drops and not climbing back to 39 deg then ok liao... the temp shld maintain ard 37 - 38 may be for 3 - 5 days. If there is rashes, dun worry it is quite harmless unless the rashes comes with fever then quickly see a doctor okay!...

Zita, ylc, there is a solution that can help to clear the infant ear. I heard my PD mentioned before but i cldnt rbr wat is it now.

Ylc,
my opinion is.....
if the teacher is no gd or is not ready to conduct the lesson. The center shouldnt allow her to do so. Infact, they can call parent to cancel the lesson if the teacher cldnt make it. There are cases like this during Janelle times.
It is gd to feedback, if not when shuhui is not free again and they are going to deploy the same teacher again.

BJG - i think the relieve teacher is really "last min". i saw her sitting in during our class...

but yes, i think u gals shd still feedback. actually i was quite surprise tat she is taking ur class... after just observing our class.

PM - monkey bar - i was also taught to stand at the side leh... not infront.

YB - monitor her... u also must rest well ok.
happy.gif

YB, how is your bb now? Pray that Kay's fever recovers fast fast.

Lok, hee hee! Think I am also one of those "weird" mummies who prefers not leaving bb with a maid or in-laws. Hence decided to quit my job as SAMH.

Hi mummies,

Good to see u and babies at the MyGym. It certainly was fun and tiring! Lucky got the ball pit for me to park Arin in when I got too tired.

Peach,
I visited an infantcare centre at Depot Road once, think it's called Zion something. It's a simple setup but what impressed me was the owner, who seemed to really loved babies + she had her own kid there too. It's not air con or as impressive as those fancy brandname ones but I guess I liked the fact that the owners were also mothers with young kids unlike those which are run more like a business. I would probably have placed Arin there if my mom couldn't cope with looking after Arin and my niece.

Ylc, u want to draft a letter? We sign off on sat and pass to the incharge or email them with our name. Just to make sure it will never happen again, I dont mind another make up rather then having a unprepared relief teacher. Is like wasting of our time & money.

Later i try call up the centre, i so petty right..hahaha

YB
How's is Kaylyn already?
Hope she has recovered.
happy.gif

MT
Wanna ask u hor, the last time u went marsden swimming for Zavier, which location u went uh?

Zita/ylc/PM,

I totally agree with you all, the relief teacher is really CMI. She didn't flash the cards to those bb who are not paying attention again. And I can't stand her singing, so jialat and out of tune. Maybe we can get the other 2 parents to sign in the letter as well? So that the person in charge will understand that it is really very jialat and hopefully can give us another make up lesson?

CHM, thanks for sharing
happy.gif
depot road is really far. hee.. i've spoken to the ifc at tanjong katong. so far, after doin so reading up, seems like really good especially since they offer kindermusik n gymboree programs there. spoke to the nurse of the ctr on the phone as well, sounds like a nice lady. only thing is she said that with K's hearing aids, dunno if other kids would pull cos now bbies are at the age of snatching toys.. n the ratio is 1:3 also.. so can't expect anyone to follow K around all the time. .. wah.. n the $$$.. without subsidy = 1550, with subsidy = 1200! *faintS*

Back