(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Angeline,

is the trial full already?
if u guys are gg ahead with sun and at GW, could u add me in?
Tks..

angeline,

Re: My Gym Trial

1) Angeline Sat/Sun GW/MP
2) Jasmine Sat/Sun MP
3) Wen Sat/Sun prefers late morning or afternoon session/MP
4) kissbb Sat/GW (2 bbs -twin)
6) okpoki Sat/Sun GW
7) K_ong Sat/Sun MP preferably
8) Stella Sat/Sun GW preferably
9) i_panda Sat/Sun GW
10) Tracy(tareginger) Sun GW

<font color="0000ff">Dear June 06 Mummies and Babies,

My family would like to invite you and your little tot to our daughters one year old birthday party.

Invitation card is attached.

758190.jpg

Do let me know if you are able to make it or not we believe that it will be a special occassion whereby the june 06 babies comes together, get to know each other and have some fun!

Cheers,
Paula</font>

tracy

sun at GW dun have class..only marine parade have....if at GW have to be on sat...see how the vote goes...

jacque (brainybaby): my friend has that!! mothercare more ex. chicco cheaper!! and yes, it does move. I wanna get that for my son, Brendan.

see my flickr (7 mths) got pictures.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/brendanchiang/

WAH!! so fun!! all the birthdays!! WE WANNA GO!! maybe we should come bac for all the birthdays in june yea... "scratch head"

MMM: welcome to june thread!!

Paula,
Actually it is good to have some gaps btw their teeth, so that next time when their milk teeth drop, the new ones (which is bigger) will have enough space to grow.

Mum2B,
I use "non-toxic finger paint" from Toys R'us, it tastes sooo bad (I accidentally tried some, don't ask, heh) I guarantee the kid won't try more. Disclaimer: unless exotic tastebuds wahaha! Usually I smear some on the bb, the bb smears more all over himself, then time for bath, ahaha!
Even playdoh tastes TERRIBLE but I'm not so garang to let the boy try playing that... every time my girl plays, he grabs some and shoves towards his mouth, yikes. So far still managed to whisk it away before it enters his mouth, haha.
Bubbles is so much safer except it makes the floor slippery, likely to slip when he crawls. So I usually put a bath rug.

Paula,
those DIY cookery for tods r expensive but saves hassle of cleaning up lah, and it's an convenient place to gather friends
happy.gif
Phoon Huat instant cookie flour + block of butter totals less than $5. Mix together by hand and u get a lump like playdoh. Play like playdoh, decorate if desired. Bake and done!
happy.gif

Pizza would be some pita bread as pizza base, ingredients all cooked (they often pop into mouth while doing hehe), let the kid assemble, garnish some cheese. Bake (even oven toaster type will do) and done!

BTW u heard of pixart? I thought I'd mention cos u're doing alot for ur princess
happy.gif
(I can so relate to all those dresses prepared, hehe!)... anyway pixart is a photo-printing company in M'sia. They can courier ur kid's pics in bound book form, google the website, it looks really gd. Some parents order in time for their kid's 1st b'day ;). I'm still in 2 minds abt that, for one thing we're feeling tight financially!

sunflower,
I gave fruit juice. One tablespoon only. Cos A dun like it diluted.

pawprint,
10.30am will bake like chao-ta leh... A few weeks ago, we went to Botanic gardens, suppose to be 9am picnic, but the rest were late and we started at 10.30am! We were there since 9am, and were baked like chao-ta!

oo.. Sunday dun really suits me and baby for East Coast
sad.gif
You gals go ahead ba... Saturdays is better for me.

toto,
What is yellow melon? Watercrest soup is very nutritious
happy.gif

Fi,
Aloysius have been taking millet daily for a few weeks already
happy.gif
One meal will be millet with vegetables, either lunch or dinner, depending on the convenience for me :p The other meal will be potato with vegetables.
It smell a bit like sweet corn. I buy from Bishan NTUC from the organic section. I like the organic section at Bishan NTUC
happy.gif

Grains that I can think of for babies will be brown rice, millet, quinoa, lentils, oatmeal.

Kite,
I managed to find Quinoa already
happy.gif
But I havent try cooking that. It looks hard though. Have you tried cooking that?

Date: 20th April (Friday)
Venue: East Coast Park (near McDonald)
Activity: Picnic / Sandplay and mummies to get to know one another.
Time: 4pm

1) Tpl5 n BB (will prepare sandwiches)
2) Stellagwee n BB
3) Lyn n BB

Date: 1st May - Public Holiday (Tue)
* Hope this date is ok for working mummies.
Time: 4pm

2) Lyn n BB

Lyn,
hehe yup 1030am will bake, that's why I mentioned 9+am better... usually I turn up 9+am and wait for others lor.
happy.gif
I've been to BG outings at 4pm, really baked cos I tend to be punctual, but most people start turning up 5+pm which is better weather... half hour of play b4 the mozzies turn up too, LOL.

lyn:
Glad u found Quinoa.
happy.gif
I tried cooking quinoa twice by adding into the porridge n when well cooked, it wil be like soft like sago
happy.gif
Happy trying. btw hv u tried wolfberry?

Puala,
Read above that u gals are beginning the class @ MyGym this sat. Think i will have to give it a miss as i work on alternate sat and this sat i'm working, timing is too rush for me cos i knock off at 1pm and has to rush home to fetch my boy to woodlands...thks for asking me.

angeline,
Re: MyGym trial
R u arranging the trial class at GW or MP branch? If it's GW, i'd be keen to go too.

kite,
i'm also looking at this little tikes "Push & Ride Sunburst Coupe. Is it fun? Where did u buy from and how much?

Angeline,
re : mygym trial

i'm confused. is the timing fixed at 12.30 - 1.30pm for both sats or suns?

i'm keen if the timing can change to slightly earlier or later

angeline,
Wow so many posting, i was blur, just scroll up and read that u mentioned GW only have trial on sat, no lesson on sun. as for sat, only 12.30-1.30pm avail huh? this timing, i can't make it lor, has to work on sat.

kite,
yes yes...upload yr latching chloe stories when travel..

kite and lyn,
where to buy quinoa? millet, quinoa, lentils sound so foreign to me. ok i'll try ntuc for millet. millet for lunch/dinner? not breakfast?

mum2b,
you want to share cab to east coast on 1 may?

paula,
jae zen will like to meet little kelly on her bday
happy.gif

parties parties everywhere! ok gotta go shop for bday present, so fun..

mummies,
got any breakfast recipe to share? i usually only cook oat with milk and fruits. but cannot everyday oats right, what else...

toto,
our bb can eat watercress, wolberry and yellow melon already? is it liang? my poor boy's menu is still minimal...basically by now can eat everything except seafood (not fish), honey and egg white is it?

Kite,
The second time I tried brown rice porridge a few days ago, A got constipation the next day. He refused water the whole day and cried a lot. Think he had tummyache. So will stop brown rice porridge for a while, or will blend the porridge. My mum said wolfberry cannot give baby too much. I added into the brown rice porridge a few days ago.

Fi,
Millet for which meal is up to you. I chose lunch or dinner, cos breakfast I am feeding fruits and oatmeal already.
I give oatmeal everyday for breakfast and tea-break ;)

hi lyn, thank you.

hi mtdt, i just sent her pic and greetings to them. they picked her. if i can't find a special place then i'll have a party at home.

hi fi, this is it.
758550.jpg

hi sunflower, thank you.

hi jacque, i see.

hi wen, thank you. is it the one on top?

hi okipoki, thank you.

hi paula, thank you for your suggestions. i'll add into my list. ;>

hi ~michele~, thank you.

hi Fi, seafood can give after one year old but not too much. egg white also after one year old, recommended one per week. as for honey, can give after six month.

stellagwee,
thanks..

lyn,
wow, aloysius even have tea?
happy.gif

mmm,
thought honey is a no no till 1 yr old. news clipping look good, is some kind of special topic?

hi Fi, from what i know, you can give after six months but my girl does not like it so i did not give her anymore.

hi wen, it's the sunday newpaper. :>

toto

thot old yellow melon is quite 'cooling'? can bb take it?so far i only gave her once when my mums cook it..

serene

yup,i am arranging the my gym trial...depends on the majority where they wana go...i add your name? but at GW,only sat 12.30-1.30pm slot..sun not open for class

mspiggy

GW sun not open for class..sat only have 12.30-1.30pm slot for us to have our own private class...

Serene:
Hehe My ger loves sitting in the coupe, so comfortable until she can fall aslp. We will be bringing it to her 1st bday party too at the chalet
happy.gif
$150 after discount. Bought from Aprisin.

Fi:
I bought quinoa fr organic shop at vivocity.
happy.gif

Lyn:
Ya til now i stil hvnt start C on brown rice porridge cos not all babies can take it. Wil try it later
happy.gif
I hvnt give wolfberry to c yet. Y ur mum mentioned cant give too much? hv u given lentils? heard lentils not easy to digest too?

toto:
watercress and yellow melon r cooling stuff, best to give to reduce heatiness....but can give meh?

morning mummies...

angeline - today's menu change to ABC soup for bb jake.

sunflower - dinner, jake eats porridge - brown rice mixed white rice with 6 types of veg plus pork and fish.
happy.gif

wolfberry - not sure le... i added in the soup - wolfberry is a fruit ma... and has great nutrients...

lyn, how come cannot give wolfberry?

kite, oh i see. tot it's the coupe i wanted... every now and then, i will check aprisin webby cos they mentioned the stock will arrive end April. was so delighted yesterday. luckily i din tell jake his car has arrived.. ha ha...

Paula - will keep you posted once stock is here.
happy.gif

bb jake's party - oki, mum2b, paula - sure thing! come come. tentatively will be at my place in West Coast. Ha ha... dunno whether can put up so many bbs and parents. bit cramp, hope you all dun mind... alternatively, hb keen to hold at gymboree... will keep you all posted nearer the date - when i get the confirmed nos. ;)

later i am going to a colleague's place to learn to bake a bear cake for jake's party. will improvise on the ingredients such that bbs can eat the cake - meaning no sugar, no egg white... ha ha... see whether possible.
happy.gif

Hi Amy,

That's cool. If successful, that will be Xavier's first cake
happy.gif

Hi Fi n mmm,
I read from the what to expect book: no honey for the first year as it may contain clostridium botulinum which can cause botulism (with constipation, weak sucking, poor appetite and lethagy)in bbs.

Mummies

Any idea which cakeshop provides birthday cakes suitable for babies'consumption? ie no egg white and less sugar etc?

Toto:
ABC soup is nice, i used to boil for myself b4 pregnant.
happy.gif
Btw ask u, when u give soup to Jake, u give solely as soup to drink? or u mix w porridge?

Fi,
I dun give milk during the day already. So it will be semi-solids throughout the day. Milk only at nite before sleep and early morning.

Wen,
Then you will need to get someone to feed Gabby. Yesterday, A kept wanting to latch on. Lucky I got my mum to distract him, but he still can remember. Last nite, I latched on and he drank till too full and vomit a bit out.

kite,
I havent try lentils. I just bought the red lentils. I gotta cook for myself to eat and see first. I only know it's very nutritious with lots of protein and other important nutrients for baby. I still have not got the time to find recipes on lentils...

toto,
Do you eat the same food with Jake? I find it very difficult to buy so many types of vegetables. Most of the times, I cannot even finish cos cannot buy very little quantity.
Can eat, but not too much. I also dunno why cannot eat too much for babies. Think it's from the recipe book that states cannot give too much. I think in soup should be fine cos you not adding till the whole pot red with wolfberries...

lyn:
A's milk intake seems to reduce alot? Estimate drinking how many ml per day?

Yes red lentil is better than green ones, more nutritious. Lentil, legumes all these dun give too much, i scare wil cause wind n indigestion.

Wolfberry if given too much wil be very heaty. Last time i KS put alot of wolfberry as tea drink for myself, end up throat sore LOL. However, its good esp for eyes.
happy.gif
My mum loves to boil very nice soup daily for me w wolfberry as added ingredient, yummy.

mspiggy... no la... not hardworking compared to other mummies here.
happy.gif

re cakes for bb's consumption - must be sugar free and egg white free - so if you bake your own, can substitute banana/potato starch, corn starch with egg. also, you have to use non wheat flours like rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour. alternatively, use wheat flor substitutes - barley flour, buckwheat flour, soy flour. wah... i need more time to trial my cake lo....

kite - for the soup, i just give jake 3 ladle spoon full - maybe equals to half chinese rice bowl? i give him his soup along with his porridge meal, but do not mix the two.
happy.gif

lyn - i dun eat the same food as jake. wow... his organic food v expensive le..
happy.gif
at the west coast organic shop, they allow us to buy in whatever quantity we like - so i always ask them to chop small small pcs for me. will buy his vegs 2 - 3 times a week.

today he had plum with oat meal cereal for breakie. the plum v cute and small. i bought half a box, so 10 small ones. two per breakfast.

if he cannot finish, i eat his leftovers, so he can have fresh food every 2 - 3 days.
happy.gif

TPL5,
Oh I see was quite worried when I saw the gaps and was bugging my hubby that we have to send her for braces haha

Pawprint,
Thanks for sharing that on pixart I know Kodak does provide that service in their outlets in Stamford Road I have contemplated of doing that lei but then decided to work on a scrapbook instead so that I could do some journaling too be alias, the progress is very slow, I am still at page two only! Wonder if the scrapbook will be completed by her birthday.

Serene,
No worries about that

Fi,
Yes, certainly we will be pleased to have you with us on 3 June if you dont mind, you could email me your postal address and I could mail you an actual copy of the invite.

Toto,
Thanks! Hehe, any idea when will the stocks arrive? Do you think we should make a reservation?

mic - ABC soup not can type la... home made...

paula - i emailed them and rang them, they said end april and they dun take reservations - like heck care type. ever since, i have been checking their webby for updates. they are not sure on the price yet. maybe if we buy two together, can get a good discount?

kite,
I dunno how much he's drinking nowadays. I think nite feed should have at least 200ml cos he latches on both breasts, and by nite time, I feel engorge already.
I think my milk supply decreased a lot in the morning. This morning, he suck and cry and I feel pain. In the end, woke up at 6.30am to make FM for him. He drank 100ml of FM this morning
happy.gif

stella,
I did not know lentils will cause indigestion. Maybe I will delay it for a while more then. What about mung beans for dahl? I am thinking of learning how to cook dahl for A and myself
happy.gif

toto,
Wah... baking cakes for babies need lots of knowledge also...
I think I gonna buy one and decorate it, and only adults can eat. kekeke...
hmm... I am lazy to go out daily :p Whenever I think of my work, I got no mood to go anywhere already
sad.gif
not even the market nearby. The organic shop near your place is so good, can buy in small quantity.
Aloysius love plums too. He can bite and finish it on his own. But I did not get the organic ones for him. Sometimes, when there's grapes, I will give him a few on his bowl, and let him feed himself while I do other things
happy.gif
Then I will finish the leftover small pieces, cos he dunno how to feed himself small pieces yet.

lyn, jia you... you can make it! for me... it's easy to just ask my helper to buy stuff... no need me to go out. i also v lazy... try not to go out often... spend time with jake at home. nowadays, also lazy to go facial or hair cut... ha ha...

wow... Aloy so clever - can feed himself. the other day gave jake a honeyball - he played with it... ha ha...
happy.gif

oops.. gotta go now.

toto,
Thank you
happy.gif
Now having a headache dunno how to present my data nicely to my supervisor's liking... **scratch**scratch** Me and my hubby takes turn to cut our hair. kekeke... It will be either of us while the other having SM class.
hee... I just took a photo of A's lunch
happy.gif
Will upload to my blog later...

Talking abt homemade ABC, this soup is very nutritious
happy.gif
I used to add 1 whole onion in it too for fragrance
happy.gif

Lyn:
thats good A drinks FM. Chloe seems to dun like FM. Which brand r u giving A? I let Chloe tried Enfapro.

Updated list
(Will change to 5pm, when it is not so hot)

Date: 20th April (Friday)
Time: 5pm

2) Stellagwee n BB
3) Lyn n BB
Time: 5pm

2) Lyn n BB

Back