(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

i will start my maternity leave at week 38.
Can't imagine carry a big belly walking around and seems like anytime goin to "bao zha". What abt you gals when start to take maternity leave??

then i wil ask nipple cream. scare wait bb swallows e cream also not so gd, best is BM, agree.
happy.gif

ya out of e blue, like nothing much to buy for bb stuffs since hv settled bb stuffs qiqibaba (70 -80%) liao.

kite,
your gynae say alright, then u dun need to worry
happy.gif

I can't remeber my baby's weight at wk 25...

anyway, if u remebr what mrs wong say...if your gynae dun say anything, means everything is fine, so dun need to give yourself too many things to worry
happy.gif

Don scared me leh..... tuesday i did ask my gyna weather bb is on the big side then he reply slightly only leh but he said is normal... my first gal birth weight is 3.3kg.. so i think 2nd gal will be bigger lor..

i gave birth on 14th Feb but got no more milk after 2wks. selling the following...
Medela twin pump (bought at $280 ++), comes with 2 medela bottles.still under warranty
6 medela bottles ($60)
2 packs medela breast milk bags ($53)
15 glass bottles that i took from Gleneagles
15 caps for the bottles ($15)
all selling at at $300. (paid $408 for everything)self collect
interested pls email [email protected]
or drop a post.
thanks

moap,
my baby also slight more than 1kg at wk 26
happy.gif

gynae also never comment abt the babys size...no comments means no problem
happy.gif

anyway, baby size also depend on genes of the parents, size of parents, etc....

my bb only 1.1kg at end of 28week... she is average 50th percentile size. My son was small too... think smaller than my girl... he was borned at 2.6 kg previously.

MOAP,

your girl turned already? Mine have not
sad.gif
still breeched.. sian

pauline,

me gained abt 4-5 kg in end wk 28. bb is 1.1kg. I think i gained lesser in my first pregnancy... prob nothing to worry abt... as long as bb is consistently gaining weight now ... some people are just smaller size genetically wan mah

when did ur bb's head starts to turn down? my gynac yest told me my bb now in breech position. wil be turning in next 2mths time.
391529.jpg

okasan,
no will be delivering @ Mt A & can be quite a hassle to travel TMC just to buy the pamper.

celestblur,
probably will check out later.

re: maternity leave
me too will only starts when given birth but also subjective lah.

okipoki,
oh, then maybe can buy during offer at ntuc...if go all the way to tmc, not worth liao coz transport fees will be more than the savings...hehe.....

pauline,
dun have nursery for baby coz intend to let baby sleep in my room for the time being....

re: baby position
forget to ask my gynae during my last visit...will ask him what's my baby's position when I go for my next checkup...been feeling baby's kicks everywhere inside....

Hi, Okasan,
I read from a magazine that baby could react to light. Try shining a torch light on your belly and withnesses those amazing karake kicks

okasan,
yah lor so will check out from NTUC. lately my fingers alway feel numb guess i am pretty slow than some of u gers.

pauline,
u dont have to feel depressed.. did ur gynae say anything ?? if not probably ur baby belongs to the smaller size. my nursery not much stuffs yet just a pass down cot & bumber set.

re: baby size
so sad didnt get to know the weight of my bb during my last visit. so far, my tummy is still soft & not those hard type. guess my bb still have plenty of space to move ard & my belly button not protrude yet.

pauline,
ya, baby can react to light and our skin does allow lights to go thru....but cannot shine light on the belly coz scare will hurt baby's eyes if the light too bright
happy.gif

Oki,
Gynae said that we should continue monitoring the progress of the growth and hence, sending me for a fetal growth scan to check if the bb is receiving enough blood.

Stock up baby wipes yet?

okasan,
yah lor die die must ask this round & also whether baby has turn her head or not. my next appt will be my week 28.

pauline,
icic.. well dont worry too much cos ur emotion will affect your baby. eat as per normal & i believed ur baby is definitely doing well in ur tummy
happy.gif

baby wipes, not so soon.. probably few weeks before due lor.

Hi Pauline & Poohy,
Is the weight of the pre-born baby measured by the sonographer who does the detailed scan (like at 20th week) or does the obstetrician measure the weight in his own clinic?

thanks

I'm also concerned that mine is a small baby but have no idea its weight. all I know is it was 320g at the 20week scan and I put on about 7kg at 24 weeks.

Are ice cream & durians supposed to help? :p

maternity leave:
me wil start after give birth. hopefully can work til i deliver, dun want waste my leave.

okipoki:
how many wks r u now? usually my gynac wil automatic tell me my bb's weight, u can request for that if ur gynac forget to tell u.

i hv bought 3 packs of pigeon bbwipes + its plastic container to store the wipes.

fondue:
its okie to eat duriand once awhile but not too much else u tend to put on alot of weight. heard if u want bb to be big, u can try durian during 2nd tri but definitely not 3rd tri cos durian quite heaty n bu too. another thing is i heard cordyceps make bb bigger but not too sure. anyway me drinking cordyceps is bcos bu qi (for health purpose). for ice cream, i stil eat but once in awhile too.
happy.gif

My MIL said that we should start drinking coconut juice when we are into the 9th month.

BTW, did anyone of you set up a gift registry for your baby?

Hi Kite,
Mothercare is offering this service. We can select the baby products that we would like our friends to get us as gifts. We will inform our friends about our registry. For those who want to contribute gifts, they could approach the store to see what are our selected items and pick one from the list.

It's good as friends tend to buy clothes for the little ones and there might be duplicated gifts. Gift registry comes in handy in eliminating duplicated gifts

paula,
not intending to get baby wipes now..will use cotton wool and water when baby born..coz some baby may be sensitive to certain brand of baby wipes.....

as for coconut drink, ya, heard can cleanse baby and also easier labour when drink in last tri...

no intention to have a gift registry...relatives will normally give hongbao or jewellery...friends can just call us to know what we need
happy.gif

fondue,
eating durian may help to make baby bigger but if baby dun absorb, the fat will all goes to the mummy...think better to ask your gynae if your baby's size is ok or not....sometimes, baby's size also depend on the parents' genes...check if u or your hubby were a small baby, etc....
happy.gif

morning ladies
happy.gif

finally its friday again...hehe, looking fwd to my antenatal class again tomolos
happy.gif

kite,
dont worry so much...my bb was only 768grams at 25wk 2 days. Gynae said its the normal range...
happy.gif

Morning ladies !! Finally is FRIDAY !!!

Kite,
I am in my week 26. I think he forgot to tell me on my previous visit as he was busy calling up the hospital cos there is one mummy going to deliver.

I hv started eating durian since 1st tri but not so frequent lah. Am also afraid BB might be too big then must go for c-section.

morning ladies
happy.gif

Sigh, am banned from durians by gynae cos #1 was considered big-head for my size. Tho he qualified that big-head is genetic, and there's possibility of a small/ skinny bb with a big head too.

That day there was a DOOR-TO-DOOR SALESMAN SELLING DURIANS ah!
sad.gif

hi okasan, pauline & kite,
thanks for your replies.

Pauline,
I'm due 23 June. I'm considering getting a confinement lady - what are her duties supposed to be besides cooking? have you short listed any and will they stay over in your place?

Back