(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

bbloh,
hahah ya lor cos i didnt persevere long enough for Ariel.. so must make it up for #2 lor~ As for the gender, we think we saw a little birdie during my earlier scan with my gynae..so hopefully is a boy..anyway will be going for my detailed scan tomorrow.. so result will be out by then! hahah

Re: Goats milk
I'm thinking of feeding ariel with the karihome goats milk too..since i saw many good reviews on this.. will ask for a sample 1st though~

wow ivy...i wish i will be as productive as you too. 150ml per 3 hrly is veri gd lei.

i was quite lazy for my 1st one...i can don't pump for the whole nite and then do it next morning coz my nat don't wake up for feeds....
but for my 2nd one...i will definitely make an effort to pump during the nite...hope this time round, my ss doesn't fail me...:p

hi sponge,

u must be sooo excited yeah! muz update wor.
happy.gif

Hi all,

hiaz, not recovering from the flu thingy lei. keeps coming back to haunt us, the girls down again and mummy me also

Re SS, also no recover lor thu i am still pumping 6x per day. used to pump more than 200ml now only abt 100 to 150ml. also my mil keeps asking me to stop. think its really mafun for her to heat up the milk n my twin terrors cant wait n they scream once they r hungry
sad.gif

Ivy,
keeps storing coz once u go back to work, ss may drop and store will be used up fast. that is what happened to mine

btw, i realised that bfing is easier for the 2nd kid n more supply also. n the breasts seem to recognise the pump
happy.gif
really! coz initially i used diff pump no milk come out but when i change back to old type it came....

oh I'm going to the zoo next thur w R. any reccommendations on what is the best time to go? how much is the entrance fee? so long no go zoo lor

Joyce,
Zoo - go in the morning, animals are more active! And...bring extra clothing for water play! Enjoy!
happy.gif

Ivy,
See, told you you're the moo moo... How's everything?

Sponge,
Congrats!!

Re goats milk, is the powder cheaper than the fresh ones from the farm? Exploring that for the kids now.

bbloh,
For bf, I think you can be called veteran la, persevere till so long!!! 3 years leh... not easy!

May gathering: My mom thought we went ahead with the May birthday. She missed all of you and the kids leh!! When will it be held? Wanna engage this guy or not http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/2580307.html?1245574232? Including cake - symbolic la. Or Ivy, your friend still keen?

joyce,
i am back to work for almost a mth already, still keeping up with the pumping. I wan to keep storing but my freezer is really saying no no to me. So bo bian, just give 2pkt to X everyday, and with that, freezer still pack.

Also, wanna ask you, what milkbags you using? Me was using medela, but expensive wor..then my sis pass her The First Few Years to me. But the quality is not as good as medela leh, medela one is much thicker.

Wat bottles you using for the girls? Me using pigeon glass bottles, its v good cos it heat up milk in 3mins flat!

ino, sponge,
me not moo moo champ la, but i suppose for 2nd kid, its easier cos you know how to keep up a routine and also is eating better. Me have boiled soup everyday, thanks to my super duper helper. But of cos, its meant no dieting for me too lo, still flabby everywhere!

sheri,
this package looks good le! cheap also...BUT with more cluster of h1n1, i dun think mummies will be keen on having a gathering soon. .
Esp, BBloh and Milo, NUS is identified as one of the three spreading cluster! Scary leh...

<font color="0000ff">ino,
You're also expecting No. 2? Congrats!

sponge,
Is Ariel expecting a didi or meimei?

ss1,
The package looks good.

Ivy,
haha! We've been monitoring our temperatures every Monday. But hor, the virus is really spreading fast recently.</font>

bbloh,
So strange, how come you all monitor temp on Mondays only ah? our temp fluctuates every day/hour/minute/seconds! ;p

Wow, so many are expecting another bb ah... good good!

hi joyce,
thanks yeah! my baby is arriving in august...which is veri soon...*gasp*

btw, anyone has advice how to "turn" baby? my babe is in breeched position now...

<font color="0000ff">ss1,
No idea leh. Official e-mail stated so.

ino,
Is N expecting a didi or meimei?

As for breech position, there's still time for baby to turn. Some babies even turn at the last minute. Nevertheless, you may want to try some of these methods:

1) Try ECV, i.e. ask gynae to see if s/he can attempt to turn the baby if the position remains after 37 weeks of gestation. If your gynae is not comfortable in doing that, perhaps you want to seek a 2nd opinion from another gynae to find out the reason why baby remain in this position (e.g. placenta position or maternal pelvis shape). There are risks though (that's the reason that it should only be attempted after 37 weeks, in case you need to birth immediately) and it may not work.

One of the pro-natural gynaes who's willing to attempt breech birth or ECV is Dr Paul Tseng.

2) Try hypnobirthing therapy. it believes in gentle coaxing the baby to turn in the final few weeks, through position affirmations to both baby and mother. It is believed somehow that sometimes mummy may be tense and baby sense it therefore refused to turn as s/he is not willing to birth so soon. The affirmations and hypno sessions helped both mother and baby relax.

You may want to call Ginny of Four Trimesters for more info.

3) Do "cat" pose daily. It's an exercise when you're on all fours and breathe in/out with the tummy in sync. (Please search the internet for more info)

4) Tilt the bed so that your feet is higher than your head.

5) Shine a light at the bottom of the tummy as baby may be attracted to the light and turn towards it.

6) Talk to the baby and ask s/he to turn.

7) Slant board tilt (put yourself upside down) with someone's help.

8) Try Moxibustion. It has been shown to have about a 70% success rate. Moxa sticks can be bought from the local medicinal hall.

You light the moxa sticks and place them carefully on equal even surfaces e.g. two books of the same height. You stand (also on books of the same height) in between the moxa sticks, as close as possible without burning yourself, such that the strongest heat is aimed straight at the base of your little toe. Stand like this for a couple of minutes. If it works you're likely to feel a lot of rumbling big movements in the successive days.

Birth International has an interesting article on this:
http://www.birthinternational.com/articles/andrea13.html

9) Get someone (e.g. daddy or N) to sing or talk to the baby (at bottom of tummy) to attract baby

10) Place cold pack at the back of baby's head to move baby in forward direction

11) Try acupuncture (please find a reputed one)

<font color="ff0000">Note that the above may carry some risks. Do read up on the risks and advantanges or check with your gynae before any attempt.</font></font>

haha..wow! tat's so informative!!! i tink i will try coaxing, singing, torchlight and the cat method first...hee..

hmm...paul tseng...he's in the same clinic as my gynae...but breech birth do carry risks yeah...

<font color="0000ff">ino,
Hmm ... even normal childbirth carries risks. It's good that your gynae shares the same clinic as Paul Tseng. Is your gynae Dr Eunice Chua or Dr Phyllis Liauw? Heard that both are also good and pro-natural. They should be able to provide you with more info and advice. Good luck!</font>

Hi Ivy,

For Storage
Used the avent VIA bottles and milk bags from korean. The avent is reusable, let me know if u want coz i not using them liaoz can pass to u

for the milk bags, its cheap n good think about 25 bags for $8.50..will try to see if i still have the contacts n will email u if have.

For pump,
Yup, using pigeon bottles also coz they can fit the PIS pump. somemore 1/3 cost of medela bottles. used to buy medela ones but a lot spoilt liaoz

For party
Hey, the package really good lei..come la arrange la, we just have to be responsible, if anyone of us sick w fever, flu or cough just dun turn up but still contribute to the kitty la...

back at work liaoz? still can store??? woh, envious, i keep missing my moo moo sessions at work
sad.gif
but still trying to keep to 6X daily la..

<font color="0000ff">lh_jyc &amp; Ivy,
Do you have a proper place to pump and store the EBM at work?

lh_jyc,
When you mention the Avent VIA bottles, are you referring to milk, or the cups? If it's the cup, it can only be sterilised 4 times IIRC.</font>

joyce,

your medela btls spoilt? Was it the old type or the newer one? I have more than 20 of the new btls, quite good quality leh.

bbloh,
yup, office have a freezer to store.
You are right abt the VIA cups, i told joyce abt it too! she blur blur, din read the instructions..
sad.gif

Mummies,
Wah! So many posts. Gong Xi to those whose going to be 2nd time mummies. Jia you on BF. M too busy with work, taking this lunch break to post this.

I came across this following; not sure anyone have read / havent read. (There is contact to check on this issue is truth or not in the blog). Sigh!! Life is so unpredictable and really my heart go to this little gal whose had go through the treatment and more to go. I really saluate to every mummies that gone through v hard to time to bring up their kids.

http://www.ourfeistyprincess.com/about_charmaine_family.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl86DaCegAs

<font color="0000ff">Annie,
It's <font color="ff0000">TRUE</font> lah.

Ivy,
Your office is good leh. Mine have neither facility to pump nor place to store. I used to pump inside the toilet, then inside a storeroom. Now the storeroom is converted into a lab facility
sad.gif

As for storing of EBM, I have to buy my own mini-fridge and place it under my desk. The temp is not really cold but at least the EBM are not left seated in room temperature.

My workplace is not breastfeeding friendly at all.

milo,
Have you shifted into your new place?</font>

bbloh,
there was no proper room to pump too, me used storeroom but better than toilet bah...heng that i bot the freestyle as well cos the storeroom no socket one!

milo's new plc is ready! haha..we are just waiting for her invites.

hi bbloh,
my gynae is dr eunice chua...gng to see her tmr...see what she advises...ya lor...normal birth do carry risks...every baby that we bring into this world is really a miracle.
happy.gif

yeah...saw the charmaine story...so sad...

Hi all,

So tired these days. my twin terrors suddenly wants 2-3hrly nite feeds these days n they cant wait. wakes up n screams n disturbs each other

dunno why like that. any remedy?

Hi Ivy,

You may contact this lady for the blue egg milk bags. think its from korea. me find it ok so far
[email protected]

Hi Milo,
Where u shifted to? congrats n me waiting also...keke

<font color="0000ff">lh_jyc,
Maybe it's the twins are experiencing growth spurts?

You're also shifting house? To where?</font>

Hi bbloh,

nah was waiting for milo to invite me to her new house ;p

btw, u know how to clean the tubes for the medela pump? got black spots in the tubes, ran water into the tubes but doesnot work lei

I heard that people used Alcohol to clean it. Perhaps u can get some Alcohol from the Pharmacy and try?</font>

<font color="0000ff"><u>Promotion at iHerb.com</u>
Great deal if you want to get supplements such as Noridc Naturals Children's DHA gels (http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Children-s-DHA-250-mg-360-Strawberry-Flavor-Chewable-Soft-Gels/15338?at=0) for the young ones to try.</font>

Dear iHerb International Customer,

We are happy to announce the availability of a flat $4.00 charge for International Airmail.

This means that if you order up to 3 pounds of products with a maximum value of $80.00, you will pay a flat shipping charge of $4.00, regardless of your location.

Note that orders valued from $60.00 to $80.00 will receive an additional 5% discount, which means your actual shipping charge could be less than one dollar! This discount may not be combined with any other iHerb online discount.

Also, please note: This service takes from 6 business days to 3 weeks for delivery, and has no tracking information.

We have also reduced our minimum charge for DHL to $12.00, and have increased our discount for this shipping method to up to 94% off published rates!

Visit the following pages for the latest deals at iHerb:

Trial Pricing:
http://www.iherb.com/Trial-Pricing

Super Specials:
http://www.iherb.com/Super-Specials

Free Product Samples:
http://www.iherb.com/Free-Samples

Top Sellers:
http://www.iherb.com/TopSellers

<font color="0000ff">If you're a first-time customer, you can get a $5.00 discount on your first order. Just use the code "<font size="+1">LOH253</font>".</font>

Mummies,
hmm.. anyone encounters toddler touching private part? K has this habit regardless how we teach/ explain to him. He always said itchy but cant be. I even use toilet paper to clean after he goes toilet.

Mummies,
Life is indeed so unpredicable.

annie,
did you bring K to see a doc or you check for him by pulling back the foreskin? It could really be itchy cos of urine trapped after peeing..At least thats wat happenend to X before and we got a cream fr doc to cure it and after which i always make sure we clean well for him.

ino,
good luck for your labour.. may you have a short and easy birth!
happy.gif

bbloh,
Its confirm a boy! hehee..

ss1,
Thanks!
happy.gif

I also waiting for milo's invite leh.. muahahahah

I'm so mad w my maid. last nite heard some noise @12am. woke up found her not in the hse n my main door unlocked. asked my hub to go n find her downstairs but cant find her. waited for her one hr.

come back still dare to lie say clothes drop downstairs she go n collect. asked her not to lie, she say she went to sit downstairs...

Think it's ICM Rubbing Alcohol but just check with the pharmacist before buying or ask Medela Breastfeeding how to deal with it:

J &amp; E Baby and Mothercare Products Pte Ltd
No. 81 Toh Guan Road East
# 03-01 Secom Centre
Singapore 608606
Tel: 6562 3008
Fax: 6562 3108
e-mail: [email protected]</font>

Ivy,
Sorry for the late response (just log in to read) really busy these days.
I told doc abt it, she said its ok. Hm.. got cream for it.. ok I go to ask PD this round instead of GP.

Sponge,
Wah! "GOOD" in chinese.. Gong Xi Gong Xi.

ino,
Beeach position same as k but yours is 2nd time, might have chance to turn. Gynea in spore dont "adjust position" for you involved high risk... my thailand gf said her gynea did that for her. Oops! are you due soon? jia you.

Joyce,
Change maid!! so daring, might afraid she brings her bf to yr place in future.

Hi bbloh

Thanks.

Ya, so fedup and i tot she guai guai type!! to think that i so good to her, got her so many things. n she can lie to me with her eyes open wide!

going to book airticket for her wanted to pack her off but mil say must wait for replacement
sad.gif
she cant cope w my bbies w/o one

<font color="0000ff">Annie,
It's true that there's risk involved in performing ECV to turn breeched baby but it's NOT true that local gynaes don't perform ECV. One gynae who does ECV is Dr Paul Tseng.

lh_jyc,
No problem. Have your twins recovered from their fever?</font>

joyce,
aiyo, gotta wait for replacement? then maybe u wanna take 1 day off and go around to interview those transfer maids? at least you get to talk to them face to face.

Rach, Ting, Ivy &amp; Joyce,

Yo... haha yup my new place is ready now! Finally shifted in
happy.gif
The unpacking almost drove me siao!

Come come la... Its at Yew Tee. When you girls wanna come over? Heehee

Hi ivy,

They dunwan transferred maids lei..
already asked for bio data liao

Hi bbloh,
they ok today but the daddy down w high fever liao..taking turns. ha ha..

Hi milo

Congrats! me ok on wkends
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+1">A Children Art Exhition @ The Arts House</font>

This exhibition depicts a group of children's (age 4 to 13) artistic and creative expression of the different facets of the 4 seasons. More than 200 pieces of artworks and collaborative collages will be showcased.

This event is open to the public and admission is free.

Terms &amp; Conditions:
For more information, please visit www.artzone.com.sg

Venue: The Arts House (The Old Parliament House)
Time: 11:00am to 7:00pm
Tel: 6333 8203 / 6472 0963
Date: 3rd Jul 2009 to 5th Jul 2009</font>

yipee, finally its up n running again...

i just realised that BM is good for the skin. my girl suffering for ecezma, used the moisturizer and doc med all no use n got to the stage whereby abit rotting. used BM now its better ;p

was almost thinking of stopping coz my pump no strength liaoz..now thinking of getting a new pump..hee..seow lor..need to spend more $$$ liaoz

Hi ivy,

if u have excess BM can donate to me? thinking of letting my brother's 3 kids to try applying on their skin. they have serious eczema seen the docs but still veri veri bad n doc cant help

me not enuff for my girls
sad.gif

joyce,
ha, i can donate after my aug work trip...now storing like siao so that he wun go hungry when i travel.
can i donate those i pump on airplane? cos i dun think i will give baby to drink but can still apply on skin! will arrange with you later...

bbloh,
Aiyo... too late liao.. my gynea also experienced yet dun want to do for me that time.. my tummy expanded to 45inch becos of e beech position.

Back