(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

ino
i've heard that mandeville is quite good, at united square. but the trial price is v ex, half of one mth/term's cost...maybe it's their way of discouraging trials.

ivy
wat's singulair? heard of that..wat's the purpose? diff from nebulizer rite?

fates
yes yes, blessing in disguise indeed! he helped u to save $ hahha

bbloh
iya if she walks ard & dun watch the movie, then wat's the point? tics cost not cheap somemore. actually i cannot imagine a cinema run amok wif kids..guess my hb & I always enjoy a quiet movie, so that's why we dun dare bring her to the cinema as yet hahah.

For bb prom, we sat in the 2nd row & she was quite engaged thruout. Will walk to the front, listen & shake her body to the music...even went up the stage at the end to watch the musicians play the instruments..it was really good, will definitely wanna bring her again this year.

<font color="0000ff">fates,
We usually bring Ethan to the movies in the mid or late afternoon.

Cheri,
Ya! I missed the SSO Babies Prom. Wanted to book tickets but it was sold out! Can you let me know when if you know the dates for the prom again?</font>

bbloh
usually it's end of the year in dec...we managed to get v good seats last year cos my fren's daughter's speech &amp; drama tr in the kindi she's attending is the organiser...i put up a post then to help mummies buy tics but in the sahm thread. Will let u know again in future surely.

<font color="0000ff">Cheri,
OIC! Yes, please keep me informed.

Parents,
What educational programs do your kid like to watch? Can you make some recommendations here? Cheri mentioned that Leapfrog is good, what else is also good?</font>

bbloh
my ger is addicted to Wheels on the Bus (Sing Song City) vcds now...but i will always limit her to 1 per day only...it's a cartoon wif nursery rhymes like Humpty Dumpty, Incy Wincy Spider etc...

wat do u define as 'educational'? ermm my ger oso likes Mummy &amp; Me...she kinda became more huggy feely after watching it..it's a playgroup situation (circle time) wif kids engaged in song &amp; movt...she learnt to hug &amp; kiss me from there hahah. B4 that, getting a hug or kiss from her is like striking 4D!

wat does ur boy like to watch or listen to? share share

ivy
ic..is it a steroid or antibiotic thingy? cos i recall reading that singulair cannot take for long...not sure if i rem wrongly though.

Is Mummy &amp; Me also a VCD?

I've not let DS watch any TV program yet. Since he's approaching 2 now, I'm thinking of starting him on some interesting programs lor.

"educational" means not TV serials, esp. Korean &amp; Taiwan dramas where there're lots of intimate scenes. Don't want to expose him to those too early. (*conservative* mum)

Where do you normally buy the VCDs from?</font>

bbloh,
i let k watch disney channel. K will demand us to switch to that channel when he is @ home. However, he won't sit long to watch.

Cheri
Did Terrific Tykes call you? I think they got both of us mixed up.
happy.gif
Anyway, they're giving us the "real" Dance Babe trial (and not ballet) either this Sat or next Sat. I've asked them to contact the mummies directly to confirm which date they prefer since they have all our contact nos.

ss1
yes, they just called me too..nice gesture from them to actually give us a replacement trial. The lady told me so far, their Dance Babes prog has v positive feedback so they wanted Jitterbugs to do a replacement lesson for us. I've chosen this sat...wat abt u? they hv not confirmed the time rite?

bbloh
mummy &amp; me comes in dvd &amp; cd. I bot both so that she can oso listen to the songs cos i dun wan her to watch too much tv too. Plus it's good reinforcement hahah. I ordered mine from Amazon but i heard Laser Flair in SG sells that too...maybe u can call them up &amp; check. these r the links to the 2 dvds i hv:

http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Me-Playgroup-Favorites/dp/B0000V4762/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&amp;s=dvd&amp;qid=1204607689&amp;sr=8-4

http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Me-More-Playgroup-Favorites/dp/B0000V476C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;s=dvd&amp;qid=1204607689&amp;sr=8-1

ya, when my parents come over to my place, i will tell them not to watch the tv dramas too...luckily, N not that interested maybe cos we seldom watch ourselves...she'll only look up when ads r on...she likes the ad jingles hahah

annie
heheh ya i dun really take public transport wif my ger too so no Ez link card for her yet.

cheri,
They just called me, stated this saturday the teacher can't make it, change to next sat 4pm... i wonder how to tell hb abt this.

<font color="0000ff">I've received a call from Terrific Tikes too. The lady also told me that re-trial (luckily it's FOC though it's a bit troublesome to go again) is next Sat (15 Mar) at 4pm.

So which slot are you going?

Cheri,
Thanks for the info on the DVD. Will check it out.</font>

Cheri,

Are both volume abt the same? My boy is hook on Wheels on the Bus as well but its a DVD by Roger Daltrey. Now sourcing out Amazon for more educational show :p

milo
both vol of mummy &amp; me? same style but diff songs...

how's the dvd by Roger Daltrey like? it's on making fren &amp; teaching the kids to share etc issit? Is that the same as the Mango Animal Adventure ones which popular &amp; toysrus sell?

cheri,
Through its foc, hb is e driver, sure can't stand when he knows the actual reason behind..:p
By the way, k did few actions @ home.. i was amazed cos he was busy doing the "monkey swing"... k loves to dance but i don't understand why he didnt care on that day.. maybe too many mei mei around for him to eye...

cheri,

okok noted. shall buy and try
happy.gif

yup. find the wheels on the bus not bad. at least it teaches sharing and pls etc (although i still find my boy a tyrant la, things he cant get he will scream for it!)

annie
haha ic..nvm lah, u tell him to go &amp; enjoy a kopi first while he waits for u &amp; K..my ger loves to swing on monkey bar too...esp on those bars on top of the slides...so dangerous! i always stop her but will look for other bars to let her swing...hahah. Kids r like that, mood dependent...when she has a bad day in class, i just tell myself to think of those days when she's good &amp; participative &amp; i'll be happier after that.

milo
hehe now u r tempting me on the WOTB..some sahms coming my place for playdate tmr &amp; one of them has that dvd...will ask her to bring along &amp; c if my ger likes...u bot from amazon too or popular?

if anyone ordering from amazon, wait for me k? maybe will tombang order...i still dunno how to order stuff from overseas online :p

i rem trying to fill up the ordering form but so many fields i dunno wat to write lol..gave up eventually

cheri,

haha try the vol 1. tat is my boy and taurus's boy fav. almost watch till bichar liao. i got vol 1 and 2 from amazon then vol 3 from sin. cheaper.. amazon selling 14.99usd and sin selling at 14.90sgd!!!

sure sure.. i see anyone interested or not.. hehe, i love to spree!

hi,
my gal loves the wheels on the bus (the mango/papaya version) too! . Got her all 3 volumes. ;-) Songs are very catchy too! Borders also sell $14.90 per disc. Plus i sometimes might have discount coupons from Borders (20-25% off)...so it's super worth it!

Btw, any more mummies keen on the seimpi trial?
Those who have indicated your interest, can you pls PM me the following details:
1) Name of your child
2) DOB of your child
3) Yr contact number (mobile)- think i only have annie's and pooh's.

MIM Playtime

Date: 9 Mar 08 (Sunday)
Time: 11am
Venue: Funan, #05-37
Damage: $35 nett

Need to gather at least 5 pax. Will start the ball rolling:

1) Ino
2) Pooh(cutie)
3)Lh_jyc
4)Annie
5) bbloh
6)
7)
8)

bbloh
there r 2 WOTB series that i know of...
1) the one that milo etc is recommending is
http://www.innoform.com.sg/index.cfm?bodymain=prodsdetails&amp;pageid=103626&amp;view=new

2) the ones that i hv is this:
http://www.innoform.com.sg/index.cfm?bodymain=prodsdetails&amp;pageid=100130&amp;view=new

i think both r v diff in focus...1) is focusing on values (sharing, being frenly etc) 2) is a nursery rhymes cartoon...

i'm keen on 1) but i may just get it from popular instead since it's not that ex..think abt S$14 per dvd.

ss1
u wanna bring a blank cd tmr to my place &amp; i'll copy the sanzijing cd for u? i din manage to get it from angeline but got it from another fren of mine.

mummies:
i'm having a playdate at my place tmr aftn...anyone keen? mainly the sahms from the sahm thread...

bbloh
i heard tower is having some kind of promo now for dvds...seems much cheaper if we order online for the WOTB 1)

http://www.tower.com/details/details.cfm?wapi=111611846

if u r ordering, pls tombang one set for me too..thanks!

rough estimate from mtdt in july thread...

"My estimate if SGD32 for 3DVDS+1CD is inclusive of the USD4.99 international shipping already. So Per discs is SGD8 (assuming 4 discs)"

cheri,

the nursery rhymes cartoon version shld be 'old' version. ive got 2 or 3 of that.my elder gal loves it when she was abt 8 mths old. i love the 'silly sing song city'..kekkee

pooh
got old &amp; new version? i bot mine recently from popular...

when i first turned it on, i was thinking to myself..die! waste $ liao..so boring hahah but who knows she loves it...hard to predict wat they like or dislike sometimes.

cheri

tot the 1st link out not to long ?... din see that 5yrs ago...so i presume that is new one and the one ive got is 'old' one...hahahaha
think i have the disc 1 and 3.

That's a good deal from Tower.com but I can't see clearly what the set comprises.

Has anyone bought from Tower before? Is it cheaper to ship directly to us, or through CGW or vPOSTUSA? The <font color="0077aa">"FREE Shop N' Save Shipping
for orders over $25"</font> refers only to US address right?

Is anyone keen on a Tower spree?</font>

<font color="0000ff">milo,
I was crazy about Smurfs too! My siblings and I always woke up early on Sundays just to catch the cartoon! We even got an audio cassette tape on the songs!</font>

Milo

smurfs....heee...i prefer Carebears..

see we so innocent last time, nowadays our bbies like pop music like Hi Five...barney they also dun like

goodness

pawprint....i would lovee to join but I'm a FTWM!! sobz

Wow all these discussions on educational CDs...my prince loves Hi-5 and Signing Times!

Cheri,
I'd your 2nd CD too, and J loves all the nursery rhymes
happy.gif

The Tower Records deal seems interesting! Anyone organising?

Hi littletot n lh_jyc,

Nice meeting yous at the jitterbugs trial. We were so late that day as my boy napped till 3.30 pm and we rushed like hell .... seems like not worth the rush and we only managed to attend 15 mins of the trial. I think my DS only enjoys the jumping and spinning around which is less than 3 mins .... so its an expensive trial for us .... hahah ... have not received any calls from them regarding the free trial .... or issit only for the morning session mummies??

My boy is really crazy over the Wheels on the bus (DVD) ... bgt the first vol (Mango n Papaya) from amazon through Milo's help and less then 1 month, the DVD spoilt as my DS keep watching it day n night ... I rushed to buy the wheels on the bus (Sing Song city) after that as my son keep crying for Bus Bus Bus ... luckily he make do with it and rush to grab all the 3 vols once the Mango n Papaya hits the Singapore stores .... I like the Mango n Papaya DVDs as I find it educational ...

bbloh
Wat i heard is Towers is cheaper &amp; faster cos it ships directly to our SG address.
Ya, the free shipping is for US addresses only.

My ger doesn't like hi 5 at all haha.
Dunno why but she loves barney!

I haven't introduce barney DVDs to my boy yet tho'! He only read their board books. Don't wish to get him so addicted to TV....:p

Hey JWTkids at Kallang having free trial!

fates
JWT a bit far for me...it's a gym school?
When r we meeting? should be ok.
Hee honestly i'm not v good wif these stuff..usually my hb does it.

barney dvds r quite educational to me.
I limit my ger to 1 dvd per day max (some days she dun watch at all if we have other prog).
I feel everything done in moderation is fine.
Avoid extremes should be ok.

re may baby bd party
any updates for the party? where, when, wat?

fates,
i wan the sanzijing cd also

milo,
i wan the smurf dvd! make copy leh.

May Party:
been so busy with work and sick kid that i haven got time to plan!
Where is this SOL that Sheri mentioned? Any one?

pooh
yes, i want the sm aiueo, u hv???
wat is chart ant?
haha maybe we must hv a playdate for us to share our cds/vcds/dvds ard...

Cheri,

I think it's a gym thingy...hehe....
WRT watching tv, my boy used to watch almost the whole day!! Whole day Hi-5!! I'd asked my MIL to hide most DVDs already. Hopefully he won't turn into a couch potatoe!
lol.gif

pooh,
Isit? Hee hee will check..

Ivy,
Ok! Hmm SOL? dunno leh..

i mean the A-I-U-E-O chart...the sensei usually will use the chart and point to the words while playing the song lor...mayb i shld go and dig out mine when i free....

Back