(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

hi ydnic, i heard can start applying abt 2 mths +. direction is from the waist up to belly button. dun rub in circular motion. wat brand u intending to use?

Hi ydnic,

read somewhere that actually the stretch mark cream might not be very useful for everybody, cos some people will still have stretch marks no matter how much cream they apply so I decide to save on that and use a normal body lotion instead as my skin is quite dry & itchy. The thing is not to scratch with nails, once you do that, cream not that useful anymore.

ydnic,

a few brands i heard from 1. clarins 2. palmers cocoa butter from guardian 3. mustela from paragon

was thinking of giving the palmers a try but like wat margaret say, some ppl applied religiously but still no use

fates, i mean to bring our own clothes, mother + baby. Last yr i didn't bring enough for baby coz din expect c-section delivery n stayed 1 more day, but hospital did provide clothing for baby, only when leaving hospital, they change it back to those i brought for baby.

Morning all!

Hi pooh! Welcome to the thread! You feeling better today? Hmmm did you go by natual or c-sect for your 1st baby? Any reason why you opting for c-sect for your second?

I am also not using any stretch mark cream.....just normal body lotion...hope it'll do :p

Hi amie.....but ESH will provide hospital gown for the mother right? I can't imagine wearing our own clothes to give birth....
lame.gif

Ok will remember to bring baby's clothes :p

Hi ydnic,

Just check with my collegue. She says that if you buy stretch mark cream, get those with vitamin E.

Milo, I am using coca butter from body shop. The Aloe Vera moisturier from St Ivy also not bad...

Dear MTBs,

Did anyone started wearing maternity wears so far?
Me dun dare to wear coz body size still unchanged except dummy growth a bit.

hi all me too havent start wearing...wanted to buy some maternity clothings but dunno wat and how big to buy yet currently still reducing weight...not gaining any yet...went shopping but dunno how to buy yet...

fates, the hospital gown is provided for delivery only, those open at the back one. After delivery when u are in your room, you got to wear your own, otherwise cannot get out of bed leh.

i bought a capri jean and a dress last weekend cause got a dinner coming up and i cant fit into most of my dresses liao. guess most prob will start wearing my clothes when i reach my 2nd trimester next week.

jus to check any1 MS getting better? i am in my week 11 already and though its getting ok but on and off, i still feel nausea. the after taste of food is always in my mouth making me feel like puking

Hi Milo,
I am into my 12 weeks...nausea getting abit better but still its a on and off thing...but slightly better things will get better after the 14th or 16th week...usually.

Hi Milo,

So far I don't get MS but last week has been vomitting due to stomach flu. keep vomitting till yellow stuff come out from my stomach. urrgg....
can understand all of your suffering...

Hi Gals,
happy.gif

I have the following to sell:
a) 9 pcs of Ovulation(LH) Predictor Test Cassettes
(Exp:06/2007)from babywishes website +
1 ClearPlan Ovulation kit(Exp:01/2006)@$20.00
Instructions manual included.

Anyone interested, pls email me at [email protected]
Thanks. Babydust to all ttcians...:eek:)

Hi amie ~ that's funny but ok will take note of that..

For maternity wear, buy the size that we're always wearing. Eg last time if we're a S, buy a S for maternity. I bought denim skirt, jeans, working pants and skirt that are elastic at the waist so can wear pre and post pregnancy.

I am into my wk 12 also. But ms is quite bad also, though I thk ard wk 9-10 is my worst. hope the worst is over, can't wait for a couple of wks more to enjoy my pregnancy.

I am still sick on most of the food and smell. And plain water still taste horrid to me. Has been adding chrysanthemum into my jug of water, otherwise think I may just drink 2 cups of water a day :p

btw, I realised I need to pee ratehr frequent though I don't have much pee. I felt 'urgent' but quite little pee actually. Do u gals have the same 'problem'?

margaret: u are so lucky w/o suffering from any MS. seriously this is killing me. everytime when i walk pass ppl eating, i am so full of envy at their enjoyment of the food. now mealtimes seem like a torture to me..

eve: normally when i have the urgent urge to pee, my volume can be quite big. i think as long as not infection, shld be ok.

hi gals,

any one started to drink soups? May not be tonic kind ones...Some thing like peanut, black beans and spare ribs soup? Me thinking of stewing some nutri soups and bring for lunch...Looking for ideas now...Care to share?

hi fates

i;m fine. my 1st pregnancy was an emergency c-sec coz i dint experience any contraction and also my water bag mambrane was slightly reputure and it leaks..and also my gal's head was nt properly sit on my cervix.

after talking to my gynae, it might be due to my pelvic bone structure that doesnt allow my gal's head to sit 'properly' so, if that is the case, there is no point trying for a natural birth for my second one...

hi gals,

good morning. Went to my gynae for my routine check.Now going to 12 weeks, just to check, have you gals decided which hospital to deliver?
by the way, when do we go the the antanetal class?

I thk u can drink 'normal' soup anytime right, just like normal dishes for lunch/dinner.

Bkworm, you can start antenatal class abt 5-6 mths onwards.

hi there,
i'm also approaching week 12 already. Anyone signed up for the OSCAR test?

my MS is still quite bad too. Been taking medication, otherwise cannot work. But gynae told me to be less dependent...so cutting down on it.

Hi Ivy,
My parents had been boiling apple juice and black chicken soup (with other things like frog's legs, dates, wolfberries, etc). Basically it's nutritious soup lah. How come u ask ask whether can take peanut, black bean or spare rib soup? I tot we can still take as per normal?

Hi Ivy,

I think normal soup can drink, those like what you mentioned as well as others like carrot & potatos soup. For me I tend to be on the heaty side esp with those vitamins I am taking so I will sometimes cook bittergoud chicken soup or old cucumber with pork ribs. As I don't have good appetite, I find that drinking this soup can boast my health.

ino,

nono, i am not asking if can drink...I was just asking for ideas...I want to cook some myself but i dunno how! Haha...
Anyone to share recipes?

apple juice and black chicken? How does that taste like?

hi ivy,

hehehe...think some misunderstanding. apple soup and the black chicken soup are 2 types of soup respectively. i'm totally clueless on the cooking bit coz my dad cooks it for me...he he.

But i do know that after drinking the black chicken soup, there's some good effects...i am more alert and more energized...tink u can go to those chinese medicine soup...they have standard formula for boiling black chicken soup. they shld be able to advice you on that.

think after the 1st trimester, we can start taking cordyceps and bird's nest too...tat's when the baby starts to take in nutrients from mummy. ;-)

hi all..went for my gynae visit today. going into my week 12 and did the NT scan. bb is fine and normal. mangage to see bb turning and stretching, very active! no wonder mummy so tired.

ino: can we take cordyceps?

is it too early now to be buying pram? saw mothercare sale and tot quite worth it to buy now but seem too early.

Hi ladies,
Hope all have a great rest!
Me juz read the past msg abt anti-stretch mark cram & would like to share my xperience.
I was a faithful user of the cream rcommended by my gynae for my first pregnancy, called "Pertuculta" if I spell it correctly and is made in France. But during my last trimester, the skin round my abdomen started to look like watermelon skin, all reddish so I suspect 2 reasons: stretchmark cream has no effect on me esp when the skin cannot support the increasing weight of the BB or #2 cos I wore G-string thru'out my pregnancy. Till now, I'm in my 14th week, 2nd pregnancy, I dun tink I should spent 70++ on the cream loh, and I'm wearing panty that covers my tummy, hopefully can reduce the marks..my stretchmarks are still visible instead of my C-section scar... I really nvy ladies who can still have beautiful skin around thir abdomen after birth....maybe I should consider visitring th slimming salon for help ;p

I thk stretchmarks are inherited and individual. Though I used the cream (even the clarins treatment oil which claims to be very gd) during my 1st pregnancy, I still get it. My lucky sis claims she didnt have.

But being women and vain, I will still be using it :p just in case it helps.

My gynae recommended the stretch mark cream is Topicrem, from France. Not sure if it is good. Buying it the next round to try it.out.

hi all mummies

me too also have stretch mark on my tummy even thou i faithfully apply the clarins oil everyday when i 2 mths preggy (my first pregnancy) so i think it reali depends whether ur skin is those 'stretchable' type.

btw, have any1 done blood test alreadi??

Hi Ladies,

Anybody has ways to remove heatiness? I suspect my headaches have been due to heatiness as ever since pregnant, i dun take cooling drinks anymore.

I know barley is definitely a no-no, but what about chrysanthemum?

Hi Kk,

My mum told me that I could take barley when heaty leh... But chrysanthemum cannot. I think best to eat more fruit & vegetables instead. When I had flu, i did take some barley drink. Just don't drink too much...

Oh we can't drink barley? Just boiled some to drink earlier......

Sometimes I'm so confused what to/not to eat/drink....so took everything in moderation.

How's everyone doing?

hi all.

i think barley shld be ok. i drank quite a bit also cause i am those easily heaty type.

any1 started taking tonic? today i am officially in my 2nd trimester liao. so happy. mum suggested cooking some black chix soup with red dates and wolfberry, shld be ok right?

pooh:

i be doing my blood test on my next visit on the 28 nov. u done urs?

Good Morning Mums-to-be!
happy.gif

I've been following this thread but have not posted here before. Have been waiting for my pregnancy to stablise before posting. Today is the beginning of week 12 for me. I have a 3 year old boy who has been waiting for a baby bro or sis patiently.
happy.gif
My EDD is 19 May 2006. I am seeing Dr Douglas Ong and have decided to deliver at Mt A.

Last week went for my checkup. Saw my baby stretching and wriggling ard. Very cute. I am very happy. I hope to have a smooth pregnancy throughout. Wishing all a good week ahead.
happy.gif

Morning all
happy.gif

milo is your coming blood test the triple blood test? I'll be doing mine on 2nd Dec.

hi yasmin! welcome!
Your baby so cute....can stretch and wriggle already?
happy.gif

fates:

i think shld be the triple blood test, that day too excited forget to ask doc. btw, have u started on iron / cal and fish oil?

yasmin:

welcome! i am giving birth at mt A too! seems like hosp bills increase already, that day my doc went through the details with me, like very ex ...keke

I have been drinking chrysanthemum for the past wks as I felt plain water tastes yucky. I have heard barley is not recomended, but I agree that moderation is ok. But I have been drinking so much chrysanthemum, is it ok?

mummies-to-be,

tot we can start this to keep track:

1. Milo66 / Mt A / Dr H K Ho / EDD: 18 May 2006 / Week 12

Hi Milo,

My mum has started cooking black chicken with some other tonics (maybe the ones u mentioned) for me. Yummy!

Hi Ladies,

I think i give barley a miss. If not my mil will kill me haha! She has always believed barley is very very cooling and not even recommended for normal consumption. But moderation should be ok lah, since i do take barley when my mum cooks them sometimes when i was young.

I am drinking chrysanthemum tea yesterday and today. I can't allow myself to be heaty anymore. I dun wanna my headache to be back!! It is really miserable!
sad.gif

Here's mine.
Milo, we have the same EDD
happy.gif

2. Eve / not decided yet / Dr Paul Tseng / EDD: 18 May 2006 / Week 12

Here's mine
happy.gif

2. Eve / not decided yet / Dr Paul Tseng / EDD: 18 May 2006 / Week 12

3. kk / TMC / Dr Lim TC / EDD: 1 May 2006 / Week 15

Hi milo,

You mean if my gynae had prescribed me any iron or fish oil? No leh..she just prescribed folic acid and calcium for me during the first visit. Are iron and fish oil necessary?

Will this be better girls? :p

<table border=1><tr><td>MAY 2006 MTBs</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>milo66</TD><TD>18-May-2006</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>Dr H K Ho </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eve Lim</TD><TD>18-May-2006</TD><TD>-tba-</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng </TD></TR><TR><TD>fates</TD><TD>24-May-2006</TD><TD>East Shore</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD></TR><TR><TD>kk</TD><TD>1-May-2006</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lim T C </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Fates,

Since first visit, i am taking Obimin, Vitamin E (which is not required when i come into 2nd trimester), Folic Acid and Neutrogain (fish oil). No calcium and iron pills for me yet.

Back