(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

Oh dear......Taurus better take care ya....*touch wood* was telling ivy me no MS yet...just feeling sleepy at times :p

Hihi milo66! Thanks for welcoming me
happy.gif

Hey have you girls tell your boss the good news already? I don't know how to approach him....lol

Hi milo,

I have been avoiding spicy food coz the after vomit feeling is terrible ...burning sensation at the throat ... hvae been thinking of eating laska lately but the tot of MS just puts me off everything ...8(

Yah .. heard tt cannot eat too much papaya ... but I now just take everything in moderation coz I tell my hubby and mum ... its not what I cannot eat.... is what I am able to eat now... so i am glad if I can take anything without throwing out ... if still have to control this n that ... i think I can only eat Air ...kekek...

Hi Taurus,

I saw the device in Mothersworks . i think there are 2 types. the one whereby we can hear our BB heartbeat, hiccups and also a microphone is $59.90 and there is another one with a complete set like CD included and maternity belt is $100+.

I am also thinking abt it and not sure how good it is.

Hi ivy,

Yah ..changed my nick coz cannot remember my password for the other nick ...

Hi fates,

Thanks ... will take care ..so envy u for no MS ... I have already break the news to my boss the day I tested positive ... coz I am preparing for a biz trip ... so have to tell boss to send my other colleague coz I got spotting that time .. so not recommended to travel at tt time...

fates,

Just go straight to him and say that you are preggie...Or wait till 3mths then tell also can..Unless he want you to travel...

hi MTBs,

anyone start to shop around for BB items? I was walking ard Plaza Sin today and saw the items like cot, pram, car seat etc...All of them cost at least 200 and above!!!
Siao liao, must save more $$...

fates: how many weeks are u in now? i told my boss when i first discovered cause need to take time off to see the gynae. he quite understanding as he now avoid asking me to carry those heavy answer booklets for the coming exam.

taurus: ya lor, yesterday was eating indian rojak for dinner then after that puke out, the burning sensation at the throat was terrible!

now i jus eat in moderation watever that can goes down. cannot be choosy anymore if not really is dont have to eat anything lor.

really hope my 2nd trimester is better. 2 more weeks to go...JIA YOU!!!!

ivy: i started on bb clothes only and its already costing me a bomb. trying not to spend so much on clothes cause they will outgrow it very fast. too bad i have no one to pass it own to me
sad.gif

the cot, pram and carseat definitely will cost alot esp the breast pump if u intend to express out the milk. was thinking of getting these exp item month by month first so at least not so xiong.

I see so go to boss direct huh....ermm so paiseh
embarrassed.gif

Okie will see when he's in a good mood and tell him the good news..
Me no need to travel but i'm in sales so need to drive, meet clients etc etc..

Me in my 10th week
happy.gif

Ivy, no hand-me-downs from your relatives/friends? I mean the cot, some stuffs.....

fates,
i got no hand me downs cos
1) My cousins are all older than me alot! Their kids are already in their teens.
2) I am the 1st in my friend group to get married then preggie
3) Same case over at my hubby side..

sigh...

Hi Milo,

me like u no hand down, i hv not start shopping but started to browse around and i can see the big sum of $ to spent liao.

Another idea maybe u can try is my good friends and collegues did ask me what i want. i say i dun know yet so they hv started looking and telling me they will get me stroller and cot.

Can save abit lah not very much
happy.gif

Ivy....icic....i think me will have some bb clothes but for car seat, cot and pram I rather buy myself....me quite fussy...let's see what my hubby thinks
happy.gif

Must save more $ now..

Hi Ladies,

does anyone know what are the lists of things to buy for a newborn. dun know where got any listing for reference?

Wow ladies shopping for babies already?

Can go to Mothercare or Taka to get a list of what to get for your babies. That was what I did for no 1. They are more thorough as they are trying to make money from you. Of course, you do not need to follow to a t... A good suggestion is to buy during baby fair. Things will be cheaper.

starry: i got a list but not very thorough. perhaps if anyone has any addition, can update it.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
r
Baby.xls (17.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Ivy

not so sure... read the papers and watch out. Got most of the stuff for my no 1 then...

Milo's list looks comprehensive. Those you get from shops will tell you the quantity,then you will really faint when you realise how much you will spend!!!

tks milo for sharing.

Your list looks good. we can keep exchange with one another when more items that come in mind.

ivy: that y i already started buying bit by bit everytime after a checkup, consider as a little reward for bb lor
happy.gif

starry: ok let keep one another updated shld there be any more addition.

Hi MTB,

saw this in another thread. You may like to take a look.

http://www.kidzloft.com/index.php

I'M Toy Year-End Sale
50% discount* off all I'M Toy products
Now till end Oct 2005

35% discount* off all I'M Toy products
November 1 C 30, 2005

10% discount* off all I'M Toy products
December 1 C 31, 2005

* You'll be entitled to free gift (if any), if your order minus I'M Toy total is equal or more than $150.

What a cool list! Thanks for sharing milo! Hey any of you MTBs bought stuffs from online maternity sites?

Hi all..

I'm new into this, my EDD is on the 27 May'06.
I'm now into my 9 wks.. Had a very bad MS.. everything seems so turn off to me especially smell &amp; food
sad.gif

Hi Ladies!!

Thanks Milo for the list of things to get for bb. Honestly speaking, i have not gotten anything yet so far. Not even maternity wear as i can still fit into my clothes. But my tummy has more or less shown and my student even asked me whether i am pregnant because my tummy looks big haha!

I am just trying to delay time... really until i can't squeeze into my clothes anymore then i will start to spend.

12 is really not a magical figure. I am in my 13th week and still feeling nauseous at times. The only blessing is i can eat my dinner better now and have appetite for decent meals.

Taurus, u mentioned about MS getting more serious and about thyroids. There may not be a linkage afterall as my pregnant colleague really vomit throughout her trimesters. She is now in her 23 weeks or so and she still vomit after dinner and sensitive to smells and food. so just have to bear with it
happy.gif

Morning ladies

I agree that Milo's list is really comprehensive. Thks Milo for sharing.

For the big ticket items, you can ask around to see if they have hang me downs. When my daughter grows out of baby cot, high chair, baby car seat, I can't wait to pass on to someone who needs it. I already got a baby cot which I 'reserved' from my friend :p

This is my 11th wk and I am feeling so sian everyday, work also no mood :p

Hi kk,

Yah, gynae worried coz she noticed that my neck area abit swollen which is quite obvious ... and coupled with the vomitting which is getting from bad to worst ... she feels that its better to check .. coz thyroid might affect the pregnancy if not treated ... luckily the blood tests results showed that I am cleared of thyroid ... so now can only "ren" and wait for my MS to subside ... luckily office wil be closed for the whole of next week ..so looking forward to having a real good rest at home ...

Hi twinkle,

Hahha...can understand the feeling ...luckily all my friends veri auto ... all starts to tell me what they will pass to me ... now my nursery room already start to stock up on BB items from friends ..

By the way, have you gals think about who is taking care of ur BB after birth?? Now still cracking my head for the best solution ...coz mum wants me to leave BB and maid with her on weekdays and bring them back only on weekends ...

Taurus,

your mum so nice huh? My mum is okie with caring for weekdays but she say if i can cope, then shld bring back the BB every nite. I will think i will try after the BB is 6 mths old? Cos too young, i scare i cannot cope..

One interesting thing came up last nite. My mum told me that my younger sis' own cot is still in the store room! Meaning that the cot is almost 24 yrs old liao!! She say still usable, i almost laugh till jaw drop. Nevertheless, will get my bro-in-law to try fix it and see how.
It will be so fun if the old cot is still usable!

Hi Ivy,

Wow antique BB cot .... tts nice ... so cool ...

Yah my mum super gan cheong ... already help me to plan alot of things which I have not even tot of ...kekek ... but coz my mum stay in the east and both me and hubby works in the west ...so will be veri siong if we bring BB to mum's place every morning and rush to work after tt ... so I guess thats the best solution so far ... but just worried that my mum will "sa yang" her grand BB too much ...later very hard to teach n control ... coz hubby belief in discipline but usually grandparents very easy with kids and spoilt them ...

Taurus,

if you only see the BB on weekend, may end up not close to you..Then will feel heartpain.
Maybe you can leave with your mum then still go home every evening for dinner and play with BB till BB slp, then you go home to the West. At least you still get to see BB everyday!

I agree that grandparents will spoilt the kids! Haha...

Hi Ladies,

I went to look around for baby cots as nobody to pass to me. I saw those traditional wooden types as well as those more modern ones with cartoons plastic covers at the side and is lower near the ground level. I don't know which is a better buy as no experience. Any advice??

Hi ivy,

Yah, tts what my mum sugget... go to her place for dinner every night .. play n bond with BB ... but so worried I will not bear to leave BB there ...but no choice ley .... 8(

Hi Marget,

I have seen my friends used those wood type n personally i find not veri good ...coz they have screws and hinges on the BB cot which will turn rusty over time ... and I saw my friends toddler scratch the rusty hinges a few times which is so dangerous coz they always put their fingers into their mouth after tt ...

Hi Taurus,

My choice would be my mum to look after my bb but my mum is working for my dad and it could be difficult. I m trying to persuade her .

Otherwise we try to ask HB cousin to help lor. I dun really like the idea of infant childcare but if no choice i will do that. My company does hv subsidies for some appointed childcare.

hi gals

wow, u gals moving so fast to buying bb's stuff ah?
cool.
thanks milo for the list.
Since i am like the no1 person to have baby among my friends, sigh, think have to spend money on bb's stuff. no one to hand down to me.
Anyone boght any nice maternity stuff recently?

Thanks Ivy &amp; Taurus!!

Taurus, if you are going every night to see bb, then you might as well bring bb home as you already made a trip there. hee!! if not weekends BB go home will cry at the unfamiliar place one. That's what happened to one of my collegue's BB. Then every weekend got to spent the whole Fri night soothing the BB.

Hi Maegaret,

Yah but the problem is the bringing of BB to my mum's place every morning ... coz mum stay in tampines, we stay in punggol and hubby and I work in jurong .... so means that every morning we will have to bring our BB from punggol to tampines and then head down to jurong to work ... the distance abit far lor ... and if still have to care for BB at night ...I dun think we will be able to tahan ...

Hi Margaret,

Yah lor...tts why veri headache ... but just see how things go lor ... if really can .. really hope can bring BB back every night ...8)

Hi Taurus,

If my mum looks after for me , i will be like u bringing BB back only weekend. Mum stay in West and I east. We also work in the East. Imagine every morning got to send bb to the West then come back East to work. Very tiring leh!

I am lucky my mum stays near me.

So if you want your mum to help babysit, it is advisable to stay near her or move in w her! if there are enough space :p

Eve,

i agree with you...I also had that thought when choosing my place...now my work place, mum's place and home is like one straight line. One after another...Work, then mum house then own hse!
So i will try my best not to change job! haha.....

ladies,

You are so lucky . when we bought our house , it is more on the resale value and the environment. In fact before i got married, i move different area and i find East is the best for me. But my parents want to be near their sibling so they decided to stay in the West.

Hi Ladies,

Seems like nobody having in laws to look after bb for u?

For me, i stay sengkang but mum now stay at tampines with my brother's family. And my brother already has 3 kids! So it's not quite possible for my mum to take care of another one. My mum not even possible to be with me for confinement
sad.gif

So final decision is to let my mil take care of bb. She will be with me during confinement as well. Moreover, she stay sengkang, just a few blocks away.

Sigh, no matter how unwilling i am, i dun think i have a better choice. This is another thing i worry. Whether i can get used to my mil around in my house during my confinement. And whether the bb will be ok under her care. And whether i am ok with her method of upbringing of child. SIGH!!!!

Although we stay near each other, dun think we can bring bb back every nite as we go to work very early in the morning. It will really be tiring to carry the bb back and forth. But anyway, too early to tell rite? Maybe i stick to my bb so much that i dun mind the tiredness.. hahaha...

That is what happen to some couples and their bb. They stick so close such that they dun go out without their bb, they dun go tour without their bb.

Back