(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

Hi Ivy,

I used to love sardines. Hubby bot a few tins that day (an article in TODAY said it's good for preggies) and I tried juz one bite and wanted to puke (too fishy maybe). Other than that, fish in other "forms" (soup, fillet, porridge etc.) still alright for me.

bin: not sure if sardines is good but heard the mercury content quite high like tuna. any1 knows?

Hi Ivy,

I used to like fish too! but now can't stand it. One of my collegue told me that's becos we already have enoguh nutrients from fish. We will prefer food that we don't have enough nutrients b4 pregnancy. That's why they say pregnant women like food which they used to hate!

Oh you also got pain in the same areas? sometimes can be quite painful right?

Bookworm, I also cannot take oily smell or food. that's why puke on Sun ;(

margaret,

i changed to flat sandels since last Fri, so the pain is lesser liao...
One thing i like best now is POTATO!!!
French fries, baked potato, hashbrowns, all i like! haha...Think its gog to be too much carbo for me liao.

Hi milo,

I did my homework liao
happy.gif
Sardines are considered the lowest in mercury content among fish.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/fishmercury.htm

The benefit is the calcium in the soft bones that can be eaten.

Hi laides,

I also cannot really stand eating fish ... never a fan of fish but still can take fish soup ..but since pregnant ..the sight of fish will make me wanna puke ...

Anyway ... I will feel like puking at the sight of any food ... appetite really bad since pregnancy ... went for gynae appt last sat and lost 1 kg for the past month due to bad MS .....8( ... did my NT scan and DS blood test last week ... now waiting for results ...

me already past my 1st Trismester .... now in my 13th wk but still having MS .....sigh ...dunnoe when then can start to eat to my heart's content ...

Taurus,

Try to lighten up. Gynae already said that week 12 is not a magical number, so relax and tell BB to take whatever mummy eat..
Me try to talk to bb more often cos i also getting very tried abt the ms...

Actually gynae suspect that I maybe having thyroids which cause my vomiting to be getting from bad to worst ..... have taken blood test last week to check and waiting for results also ...8(

Anybody experienced such situation?:-

I had experience twice, when i shopped more than one hour non-stop,I had been feeling very dizzy and very nauseous - (never vomited) and on top of that very tired.

I had to kneed down to take a rest(no sitting place in shopping mall).

Is it bcoz of lack of iron taken or???

bin: thks for the info! sigh...i am getting confuse with the type of fish that can / cannot eat. good to know that sardine is of lowest mercury.

Hi Race C,
Me too...walk for a while oni n ppl were saying i look pale...but for me...i do feel very exhausted something like walking has become a very streneous exercise for me...i need to rest take a seat...drink acup of cold drinks and i will feel better.

race

i feel the same way too! cant walk for long and will feel super tired especially the back. now sitting in hubby car also a torture. dunno is it the aircon or wat, but sometime will make me feel like puking. so now try to keep outing short and dun dare to meet up with friends liao.

Hi Race,

I was a shopping queen (based on my husband). now, just walking for one hour looking for maternity clothes already cannot tahan. out of breath and need to sit down. Has to walk very slowly too...

We all here sounds like old ladies liao....hehe

I do feel tired and dunno what to do is the best. Go out also sian, stay at home also sian, really dunno what I want. Sleep also headache, dunt sleep also headache. Just hope to go pass this terrible stage.

I remember i was tired during my 3rd trimester for my 1st pregnancy, but dont thk 1st trimester is also so tiring, thk now older liao :p

Hi ladies,

I also feel so restless now ... last time whenever hubby mentioned shopping ..my eyes will brighten up ...but now ...I not interested to go anywhere ...

So envy those pregnant women who still look so radiant and pretty in their pregnancy .... I look super sloppily now ...

sigh,,

my hubby already complaining that i do nothing but sleep everyday...Becoming like a pig soon!
But no energy to go out at all...haha

Hi me too...my weekends are burned cos i wake up and sleep...wake up and sleep...haiz...i go out half day already like half dead...even on the car i sleep...reali like pig...no energy...no mood to do anyting.

i guess the best consolation out of this pregnancy is that hubby trests me like a queen ... buy me breakfast .. lunch ...dinner while I rest at home and take care of all the housework ... last weekend was so touched when hubby did my laundry while I was taking my afternoon nap .....

hi all

ya i think the only consolation is that hubby is understanding. sometime cant help but feel depress, i always dislike the feeling of being "sick" and for the past 6 weeks, i have this "sick" feeling everwhere i go. nothing interest me anymore except sleeping...sigh

yah ... I also hate the "sick" feeling and I feel that I am not able to concentrate on my work since pregnancy ... and memory also becomes very bad ... keep forgetting things ....

At least hubby knows that we very "xin ku" ... so will make us feel that the suffering is all worthwhile ... hubby also tok to BB every night to ask BB to be guai guai and dun bully mummy ...kekek

morn! yesterday puked the whole day. tot MS getting better, who knows come back in full swing again. the only consolation is think i puke too much till no water liao, last time sleep through the night with no toilet visit...keke

Morn too. I tried a new med last nite. For inserting into our rectal. For our nausea...its very effective more effective then the tablets but quite expensive and need hubby's help in inserting...no choice.Forgot the name. Can try if your nausea is very bad.Me 12 weeks leow nausea still as bad...

i am suffering from loss of sleep, I have been getting up in the middle of the night, 2am and cannot get back to sleep after that.
i just don't feel good like very impatient, tired and very restless.
do u gals feel that?

bookworm:

feel that quite often as well . the past few weeks never sleep well cause keep waking up in the nite to pee then sometime cannot sleep. somemore my bed is platform type, make it worse, diff to get up. thus its only last night that i slept throughout in peace.

milo and bookworm,

me also suffering from loss of slp....Wake up at 2 or 3 am then stare at the ceiling for a long while before can slp again....
Usually have to wake up by 7pm to get ready for work, now delay here and there a bit cos really lack of slp.
For me, it usually caused by tightening of the stomach...Sometimes, middle of the nite, i feel that its so tight that its painful...

Morning girls

I have very bad ms today and feel like nodding off to sleep now... sigh.

Sleeplessness

I am experiencing the same thing and hoping that its 2nd trimester soon... its week 9/10 for me only sigh more that a month to go

Morning ladies,

Sleepless night has been a norm for me for a long while. at times bcos of tummy tightening, slight cramps or backache. Frequent urination has reduce once I m in wk 12.

ladies, did ur gynae change ur no of weeks huh? eg last sat when i went to see him, i am suppose to be 9W6D then the nurse say i become 9W3D, so funny, can like that change? so now am i suppose to follow the gynae counting?

Hi milo,
my gynae change my no. of weeks during my 3rd visit. so now i m in wk 13 but my bb is only wk 12. the reason is bb is one week smaller than the week based on our last menses. This could due to ovulation was late and bb conceive later than calculation. Therefore he adjusted the due dates based on bb size .

Hi Ivy,

I woke up from sore breasts. feel like having two stones on my chest... so heavy & sore. Turn here & there, trying out comfortable positions. sigh!!

milo,

the timing always get adjusted as BB grows...Cos by then the gynae can see more clearly so can estimate better...
I dun really care what he said, only count accordingly to LMP cos its easier to rem! haha...
Also, it seems to make days pass faster...

Hi Ivy,
u r right , based on calculation , time fly faster too. I m looking forward into 2nd tri faster mah like tat.

Hi Margaret,

I had similar experience as u. I've tried different sleeping positions and feel that sleeping on my side is better. Wearing a bra doesn't help and sleeping on my back is the worst as I'll wake up feeling even more sore on the breasts :p

hey mommies-to-be...

just wondering if any of u looking for gently used maternity clothes? i have quite a few in my wardrobe... thanks! sms me @ 96927526..

Hi fates ... *waves*

This is Mattiegal from the March wedding thread ... saw your nick and remembers that we are from the same wedding thread ....... was so gald that we will be delivering in the same month..

So when is your EDD?? Mine will be on 03 May 2005 ... currently in the 2nd trimester liao ...

Hi bin!

Hi Taurus! Yes you are right-on :p
I'm from the March wedding thread in SB, and so is Ivy....she recommended me here!
happy.gif

I don't know why but I got two EDD dates...ie the gynae measured two times. 20/5 and 24/5. Was abit surprised because before she do a scan, she wrote 27/5 based on my last period. haa...

Was very very happy when I see the tiny baby in my tummy and the heartbeat! Gosh I'm so overwhelmed by the sound it moved me to tears
kao_happy.gif

Hi fates!
kao_babydust2.gif

you can hear the sound of the heartbeat?? I can only see flicking but can't hear the sound. Your gynae used a different machine??

Hi fates & ivy,

So glad to "see" the 2 of you here ... 8) ..same wedding month and same month delivery ....

My gyane did not tell me the EDD until week 8 ... which indicates 04 May 2005, but according to my LMP, my EDD should be 03 May 2005 ... but when I go for my wk 12 scan ... I saw on the scan machine the EDD should be 03 May 2005 ... i think like what the starry says ... the EDD adjust according to the BB size .. but according to gynae ..the EDD is just an estimate date and most of the time not very accurate .... 8)

Hi Margaret! Oh yes the heartbeat sound was amplified and both me and hubby sooo amazed! Oh and yes it's my first gynae visit
happy.gif

Hi Taurus! Haha yaloh....what a coincidence huh.
Yup the EDD date now is not so accurate I think......
I read about your MS thingy...feeling better now?

Hi fates,

MS not getting any better ... tts why initially gynae suspect I might be having thyroids as I shouldnt be getting worse n worse since I already in 2nd Trimester ... but the blood test result show that I am cleared of thyroids ...so now can only pray hard tt MS will subside soon .... just finish throwing out my duck noodle ... 8(

Hi ladies,

Saw from John little that there is a device whereby we can hear our BB heartbeat, hiccups and also a microphone when we can tok to BB ... this is especially useful for our hubby coz now BB can only hear our voice ... still contemplating whether to get it or not ....

*welcome fates!*

taurus: i jus finishing throwing out my tom yum lunch as well...sigh..felt so terrible but heng a cup of papaya milk seems to sooth my discomfort but heard cannot eat alot also.

Hi Taurus,

you used another nick, no wonder i din recognise you from the march bride thread....

Fates,

you are very very lucky not to have ms!!! Envious of you!

Back