(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

lobang

Think no pt giving u the figures coz all babies grow at a different rate. And their starting wt is diff, so will also affect the overall. Yes, they grow very quickly in the first few mths. So if you have hand-me-downs, take it. When u buy clothes, just buy slightly bigger ones.

lobang,
jus an adv, buy bigger is always buying one that u 'think' is just nice. Better let them grow into it then buy alrdy then realized they cannot wear.

vs,
so good, yr gal likes milk.....

<font color="0000ff">Jappooh</font>
We have the same routine too, wipe bb before his night feed, so he can sleep soundly after his feed. But then, we end up not being able to burp him. Is that ok ah?
Your elvin can just hug his bolster and go to sleep himself? Soooo guai!

<font color="0000ff">Night Feeds</font>
I've just started introducing cereal a week ago, and now we add 1.5 spoonfuls of cereal to Ian's night feed, so his nanny can rest. However, Ian is still waking up as often! After drinking 5oz of formula + 1.5spoons of cereal, he still wakes up after 3-4hrs for milk! Thereafter, he'll drink 5oz each time, and wake up every 3hrs. We're worried that he'll grow even fatter if this continues. Is anyone having the same experience?
Does this mean that Ian will not sleep through the night?

<font color="0000ff">Cereal</font>
Ian's nanny just told me today that her previous practise is to add cereal into EVERY feed. Even up till the kids turn 3 or 4. And I thought cereal is used during the transition from milk to solids? Can someone pls. advise?

elsie,

i have the same problem initially.. my mum kept insisting that i add cereal into elly's milk.. but i kept telling her no i dun wan it to become a habit.. and feed cereal in a bowl separate from milk in a bottle so that she recognise that cereal is food.. i think it s the older generation thinking.. just do what you think is right for Ian..

Dear Mummies
Submission for the baby contest has closed which marks the beginning of VOTING!!!!!

Vote for the Most Handsome Baby Boy

An email has been sent to you to view the photos from yahoo album. Email me, PM me, sms me or MSN me which baby your vote goes to.

Dateline for voting: 7th August 2006

elsie
i also insisted on my mum to feed cereal on bowl and only milk and water from bottle. I think tis is the right way to introduce solid and not add to milk in milk bottle for bb to suck from bottle.

elsie,
i feed cereal on bowl too. my mum like to spoon feed her. hahaha....
spoonfeed better lah. but i tell u, ur nanny sure prefer bottle feed cos easier for her mah.
spoonfeed more troublesome.

Elsie
My girl prefer to eat from spoon then drink from bottle... so I have to feed by spoon haha!
Now I gave an extra spoon for her to hold, and she is feeding herself quite well! So happy, soon she can chi zi ji (aka self-feeding) liao!

Jappooh
I also wipe YJ b4 her nite feed. I was told by my sis n Bulma, no good to let bb relate sleeping with milk milk leh... But I still scratching my head on how to make her sleep peacefully... dun wan her to make so much noise to sleep. So far, the only way I discover is give her milk loh!

siewlng,
my gal also drink to sleep. even day time also like that. her pattern is EXACTLY same as Jappooh's elvin. there is no way to change her pattern yet cos she refuse milk when awake. so bo bian leh.

mashy brainz, violet,

Thank you, I am the youngest in the family, all nephew &amp; nieces big liao..no hand me down, all has to buy new and no one can give me the advise
sad.gif
From your experience, how long can BB wear the O-3mths? really up to 3mths or they will outgrown within 2 mths and best if we get the 3-6mths?

smiley,

I have helped you to vote
happy.gif

thanks lobang.
actually v diff to tell bb size lor cos they all grow v differently leh. some grow v fast while some slower.
then those bb clothing cutting also play a part. some cutting so much bigger that others.

imo, dun buy too much new born size. try to get those 0-6mths free size type. these type at least can wear till 3-4mths if ur bb grow v fast.
for romper, buy those 3-6mths type as quite diff to wear romper for newborn as their head still soft soft.

Smiley n Jappooh
We same boat lah! YJ also like tat.
Unless, she super tired in the day, then she will cry to sleep

Smiley
Where r u today? How come no online? hehe!

lobang...for my gal..she can only wear the 0-3 month for the 1st month..i strong suggest that u buy bigger size..though it's up to individual babies cos some tend to grow at faster rate n bigger size.

hey gals..i spained my neck during sleep..can't turn my head now..any quick remedy..gonna visit the chinese sin seh..postponed my bali trip to this fri..

lobang
very difficult to state the size. My boy birth weight 3.67kg all the new born and 0-3 mths he cnanot wear le....only some can so...have to roughyl gauge but buy bigger better lah..bigger cna still pin up but buy small cannot wear means cnanot wear le.

lobang,
Yeah its better u buy bigger size. Thru yr mthly gynae visit, check with the gynae roughly the wt of yr bb to gauge.

My boy was 2.81kg and 49cm at birth (Feb), now he is almost 9kg at 6mths. He wears 0-3mths tops during birth, but now he is more comfy with 1 yo clothings liao....

Its best to get 0-6mths..... Get more tops.... U will need to change often(at least twice a day).
Rompers outsize very fast. U can let yr bb wear top with diapers and swaddle with blanket/diaper cloth during 1st mth. Then subsequently wrap the cloth around his/her body leaving the hands outside the cloth.

Personally I find that wear top n diapers make changing so much more easier than wearing rompers.

Mashy
Caeden change alot leh, from I last seen him...
His balancing bery cute! haha!
Where u get tat book for him? I am looking for such size of book for yujie. She love books also. I show her book to keep her inside the car seat

siewlng

Ya, he keeps changing. He looks totally different from birth, mid stage when he was fatter and now.

Bought the book from a bookshop at Tan Tock Seng. Saw the book at another bookshop at $10+, then my hb went there saw at $5.90, so bought all 4 books. It's Gossie, Gossie &amp; Gertie, Ollie &amp; Ollie the Stomper. Very cute and teaches about friendship, rebelliousness and envy, all in cute ways. http://www.walkerbooks.co.uk/Gossie-and-Gertie-1844288412

twinkle-starry: my gal is in infant care since her 3months... so far ok lor.. but initially she cannot sleep well because of the environment..but now she is used to it already... what else u wanna know u let me know then i tell u la.. hehe

mashy: Caedan look very stable leh.. he so cute leh... he look so lovely in the first pic... sweet sweet...

drinkin milk to sleep: i heard it's not good also... cause will cause bb to have problem in growin teeth later as milk is sweet.. something like tat lor... finally Xin Ru is pickin up in her intake... from 140, now she can drink up to 160-180 liao... hehe so happy... and her cereal is at 3 scoops of Dumex scoop... :p

BB sleep: i tink i very lucky... *touchwood* Xin ru do not have any sleepin problem except her 1st month till now.... hehe when we bring her back, will let her play toys for a while then when she start to make noise to go sleep then bring her to wipe her face and hands then put her to her playpen then leave her alone with her pacifier and beansprout pillow then i can go watch tv liao... hehe she will fall asleep automatically... hehe unless her pacificer drop and she haven sleep, she will make noise then just give her and she ok liao...and all the way to morning... but if her milk intake for the day is low, then will get her up ard 10+,11 to feed her then sleep all the way le... in the morning when she wake up, she will play her mobile or w ther beansprout pillow until she sian then will wake up us... hehe
i tink different bb have different pattern.. some wipe face liao become more jing shen some wipe liao become more sleepy.. hehe Xin ru belongs to the 2nd one.. hehe

lobang: i agree w the rest la... hard to estimated.. it also depends on the bb growth one... my gal came out at 2.81kg like bbcutie's jayden then now she still can wear her newborn clothing but only shorter... so hard to estimate...

lobang, hard to estimate lah... like my boy NB and 0-3months only wear for 1 month... then now he is 7MO alr wearing 1YO or 18 MO clothings... buy bigger is better... small small one easy to outgrow... uu got no hands-me-down then mayb u buy 2nd hand lor cheaper.. anyway, bb outgrow fast fast haha.. some of us wanna sell some of our bbies' clothings hehe just joking lah..hahaha btw, yrs is boy or gal?

mashy, caden v steady liao lei mine stil "bu dao wong" lk dat topple left and right then if he do sit and reach... alamak! will topple forward lor haizz

siewlng, i know easiest way out is feed milk to sleep.. my hb lazy also will do the same but i dun like.. dat's why i v ming ku.. always gotto stand his nonsense b4 he sleep. i will try to wake him up if he happens to fall asleep while drinking milk haha i dun wan him to associate drink w sleep lah no good.

Etelle

Update for my boy weight and height. He weighs 7.7kg at 66.5cm. Went to PD yest evening cos he is still having diahorrea since Sun. He was ok on Mon after change to soy formula but came back again after we gave him cow milk on Tue. So poor thing.

Me also diahorrea on Mon cos food poisoning. So unlucky.

smiley, Etelle, Amanda, Thank you for the info
happy.gif

Vs, TQ, oh dear.. please take care, maybe can try applying yogo yogo to see if can relieve the pain..

BBcutie, wow, Thank you for the good tips on getting the T-shirts better for BB
happy.gif

Bulma, ya, so sad, no hand me down
sad.gif
ai ya, u joking abt the selling of the 2nd hand har...I expecting a boy
happy.gif

Thank you, mummies for sharing, now I can roughly estimate, have a nice chat
happy.gif

lobang
think better buy bigger. my girl's now 5.5 mths and wearing 6-12, 9-12 mths clothing. for newborn, she wore all those tie tops with diaper bottoms. actually i was lucky to have hand me downs for nb. Now then starting to buy more clothes

Hi Siewlng &amp; Smiley,
Elvin is those when start drink milk will sleep one. Sometimes after milk will wake up and play. My MIL say he yang seng when drinking milk. Sometimes no choice for us..Elvin is so active when awake and refuse milk end up spoonfeed him brown brice and porridge. I also add cereal to every feed cos he love that texture. But daily still feed him brown rice 2x daily.

Elvin dun drink milk everytime when wan to sleep lar. After his bathe i just put him in his cot and he grab his bloster and sleep liao.

Mashy,
caeden is so cute and steady lei.

Bulma,
elvin same lar is bu da wong now. and like to go forward. we really have to look out cos there is once he go forward and hit on the mattress but i think his teeth cut his lip so bleed abit.

can someone advice if bb coughing and has phlegm, izzit cant eat porridge? my mum today no give porridge to my boy. she says dun give for th etime being cos he has phlegm tk porridge "xin ku"... but i scare wait stop for few days, my forgetful bb will forget how to eat porridge and eat w spoon again

so many posts... i lost again....

Bulma,
dun think jarren will 'forget' how to eat fm spoon la. Maybe yr mum scared porridge is difficult to swallow for jarren since he has phlem lor. Even if he did forget, he can pick it up again easily la.
happy.gif

Bulma
no need to worry one lah will know how to eat from spoon one sometimes we like too "KS" hor...actually baby has their own timing for everything one...as long as our babies are normal then sure the development will come one stage at a time dun worry 2 much k.

lobang
yeah i got some bb clothes to sell haha some brand new then bb cannot wear liaoz hee he e:p

Jappooh,
What kind of brown rice u give? I scared heaty, bot the Eu ren sang brown rice powder haven't give.

Bulma,
I think porridge ok lah, it is cereal that is heaty and induce phlegm. Dun give apple juice, more water is good.

Jasmine
i give brown rice cereal leh from healthy times but me thinking of buying brown rice powder from yu ren sheng much later on for ethan to try though......

Stella, I hv that yu ren sheng brown rice powder, you want some for ethan to try out? Quite a big tin so dunno when Reyes will finish.

hehe cos in june got few days no feed him cereal, he forgot how to eat w spoon again lei then gotto re-teach him lk dat.. v sianz mah hehe :p

Back