(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

hi Mashy
I went CityGate the last time i was there in Jul. Yes, there's a Thomas shop there. Things there are all original and a little cheaper compared to SG. Not worth a trip just to go there for Thomas, but can pop by if you are there for other outlets.

My friend stayed at Citadines Ashley and she give thumbs-up for this svc apt. She said it's spacious, clean and convenient. This property is under the Ascott Group.

Siewlng
you may want to consider Royal Plaza, it's a 5* hotel. Reasonable rates and convenient location. For unbiased reviews on hotels, i find www.asiarooms.com the most helpful. HK hotels are the most ex in Oct due to their trade and exhibition period. I will be going mid-Oct and i have booked Dorsett Kowloon due to budget and expensive hotel rates in Oct. Royal Plaza cost me $130++ in Jul now cost me almost $300 in Oct!

summer

I'll probably go to Citygate on my way to the airport. A little cheaper only? Isetan can get 30% off during the pte sale. Wonder if it's that much cheaper at least. I'm also thinking of going to the Kate Spade store to see. But they said if it's the sale period, better to go to the normal stores coz the prices and collection are better.

oh, ok, read from the asiarooms review abt the sofa bed, so thought that the room not as spacious as the pic depicted and of course the tell-tale orange sofa sidebars for the bed.

hey like almost everyone here in this thread are going HK. Hhahaaha.

Besides myself, Amanda, summer, siewlng, oscar, tomatolander, who else going?

Has claire gone and return already? etelle going?

hi mashy,
thanks for the sms on the trolley bags, was busy when receive the sms, and that time is trying to buy a new hp, so busy deleting all the contacts when you send the sms. haha, that why dunno who sms me.

wow, all gg hong kong, let me know what are the good deals, my plan to go is next year.
happy.gif
keke.
might be gg club med, considering cherating and bintan, but hubby dun want to go bintan again, but cherating is 5 to 6 hr drive, so a bit shiong, dunno what to do now.

Mashy
i change destination le...gng Brisbane,Gold coast and Sunshine Coast instead in mid october. Hee Hee last min change but i always enjoy Australia...haha hong kong maybe next year bah...until then i can jot down the infor u guys share on HK.

Wow..reli so many ppl gng HK.. Pls do share info here.. Hee.. Me abit kiasu.. Already "booked" a hotel le.. Any advice whether shld I book the tickets frm SIA nw? Nw tix are selling at $522 inclusive of taxes.. I checked other websites and it's higher for SQ.. So SIA itself is stil the cheapest.. And airfare promo until 31 mar 09. TInk it's advisable tat I book now instead of waiting? Thks!

Wah..Etelle..Australia again ar.. Gng with ur 2 kiddos? Actuali wat's the budget like for gng to places like Australia?

tomatolander
initially i wanted to go Aust in Dec for my nephew's convocation. It cost us abt $5K for 3 of us to go, via SQ or QF. And the trend is flying to Brisbane usually no promo tickets de...

mashy
no the Thomas stuff are not as cheap as 30%. And for Kate Spade, it's about the same i think. Basically, the good buys there are Esprit outlet. Benetton still quite ok. Sometimes, can get cute and good Puma baby shoes there too
happy.gif
I bought a pair of Puma for Beth at about S$20+. Just went to change HKD, wah... their $ is going up everyday...

Etelle
Australia is ideal for Ethan but i bet it's going to cost you a bomb for the whole family! Aus airfare itself is already so ex... I recommend you stay 1 night at the Tangalooma Resort, it's really nice and away from the city. Can see and touch wild dolphins!

tomatolander

really can't advise u whether to book now or wait. Hahaha. It's like stock market, dunno going up or down. But if u book, then u can have peace of mind. No need to think anymore. Hehehe.

Altho my hols is still 2 months away, i already have this 'chong dong' to pack my bags. Hehehe. So looking forward to it.

summer

thanks! And for kate spade, u mean same for outlet & main stores or same as singapore prices? I know s'pore prices are crazy. Buy online also cheaper.

mashy
although my trip is 1 week away, i still very lazy to pack my bag. Will usually do so the nigt before... but i am really looking fwd to this trip. I am not too sure about the price here in SG, but looking at the price tag i don't think it is outlet price. I never checked out their main stores price. I think online is still cheaper.

mashy: erghh..I actuali probably already booked until I reached the passenger's details part den I realised I haven renewed my passport and made my kids' passports yet.. Hahaha.. See hw I gan cheong I'm.. I dun care liao..I better book first otherwise by April next yr..I probably change my mind again.. Haha..

Summer: I wish I'm going nw! Haha.. Hw's the rate for HKD? Hopefully by the time i changed nxt yr..rates will be better..

tomatolander
the rates for HKD is no good compared to Jul. When i went in Jul, the rate was 5.71 but I just changed this afternoon it's 5.27! Meaning S$100 could get me HKD570 in Jul but now i can only get HKD527.

Sorry girls for the late reply..
been busy with my mum coz she is hospitalised.
Mashy,
I will be going for 7 days 6 nites. 2 nite will be at disneyland hotel before we return back to singapore. Bought their annual pass and managed to get 15% discount off the hotel stay.

Siewleng,
I have send u the details about the apartments. the Apartments are not very big but what I like is clean and convenient. I will be going to macau for a dat so it will be near for me to take ferry to and back.
will be going basically on eating and window shopping. play by ear.

oh yap, anyone got good confinement lady to recommend? really Need one for early June next year

Summer
haha Australia is a nice place for family with kids le...love the serenity of the place le that's why keep going back there...yeah bringing my boys there think Ethan will enjoy himself very much now that he more dong shi.

Tomatolander
siewlgn told u the air fares le, well i booked my tix thorugh agency and tax and all included about 4k for 2 adults + 1 toddler + 1 infant...

Mashy
kate Spade buy online is cheaper and from time to time got extra 25% off ne..so hang in there and wait for sale...hee

siewlng and etelle: wah..juz the air tix themselves so exp liao..

nwadays evting oso rise rise rise.. they juz announce rise den rise liao.. hw come our salary dun do tat too? hahaha.. after watching the news yesterday..i feel abit apprehensive abt spending money on holidays.. when the daily expenses are going up and up and up.. haiz.....

Oscar
Hope your mum is better now...
Thanks! I saw your email and have booked the same hotel le... ya, is good location, near Harbor City can take ferry to macau. Still have not decide to go Macau or not.

We going for 5D4N, 1 night stay in Disneyland hotel before we return back to singapore. The rest of the days not planned yet... but know there are few streets selling Gundam toys etc... maybe will go there.

Tomatolander
Ya, that's y we drop the idea to go Aust loh... cos I think if we rent a car, food, hotel n all entrance fees will cost us about $8K bah

This HK trip heng we can claim our air tickets, so we save abit loh. Just need to pay for airport taxes and admin charges.

BTW, if u book Airport Express tickets (include 3days unlimited pass on MTR) online can save some $. I like this Airport Express train, bring me to kowloon within half an hour...

Etelle
I like Aust also... dun mind going again n again. But i cheapo hope Co send me there FOC hehe! As we have a few projects over there...keke

oscar

hope your mum is better.

etelle

hey, now is a good time change auzzie dollars. It's almost 1 to 1 already. Better hurry before it goes back up.

Re: Macau
This time round dun think going macau. Too mafan already. But i miss the egg tarts.
sad.gif
That time i went there, i ate 8 egg tarts in 1 go. Crazy right?

Mashy
thanks yeah lor...the latest my sil said was 1: 1.08 le...not exactly one to one yet le...but i better change before it rises...but dun know will go lower or not hor...

siewlng
u good la...got coy to send u there le...yeah lor australia is really a place to visit again and again and again...

siewlng: ohh..u mean can book airport express ticekts online one ar? I didn noe abt tat.. Tks for the tip! Was tinking we will probably use the mtr the most often.. Hee..

Mashy
Depend the needs loh.

If travel in group of 2 and above, and oni taking single trip Airport Express, is worth taking the above promo and buy at counter.

If travel 1x or 2x Airport Express and 3days on MTR. more worth to book online at 209HKD (usual: HKD220 single trip at counter) each.

Cos their tourist 1day pass oredi HKD55. And airport Express abt HKD90 (single trip without promo and buy at counter). If jus take their MTR n buy single trip ticket is avg HKD10

I think i will take the latter if i am moving around in HK island n Kowloon in my 1st 3days. Less trouble to buy single tickets during every trip

siewlng

yah, if going to take the mtr freq & far, then better to get that. I find that i walk more than i take mtr, so no real need for it last time. Used the octopus card instead. Esp that time i stayed in kowloon, everywhere is so convenient and spent most of my time walking ard nathan road so hardly took the train.

siewlng

then not worth for me already. Coz like that will waste 1 day already. my flight only arrives at 5.15pm. By the time come out quite late already, don't think will be taking any trains.

Hi all
I jus read newspaper, 2 things captured my eyes.
1) Hamster is a health threat... as it may carry germ like salmonella (Yj got such b4 n was hospitalised)

2) the email abt EAN (Summer has posted) is What You See is NOT What You get. It quote an example, a product of china, but register its barcode in Singapore. So the EAN is begin with "888" (i.e Singapore)

Mashy
U meant u walk with C? or will bring stroller for C?

I find tat HK not bb friendly to have stroller around leh. e.g their MTR, usually is stairs going down de, no lift or escalator

Siewlng
i agree that HK not bb friendly. even toilet also tough to find. But I still will be bringing my stroller along coz lazy to carry Tavis

siewlng

no lah, last time pre C times. Heheh. That's why i'm staying in HK island. It's more child friendly. Not going to kowloon. Not child friendly at all. Definitely bringing stroller.

oscar
actually if u are looking for toilets, just head into any of the small restaurants (cha tsan teng). They'll let u use it, not like in S'pore. That's what the locals do anyway. I learn that from my HK friends.

Oscar
Ya, I think i will still bring the stroller bah... going down to MTR station maybe got to ask her to get up or 2 of us carry the stroller down the stairs loh. BTW, disneyland can rent stroller at HKD10 (I think).

The toilet also a problem... think will let yj wear diaper throughout hehe... btw, i was told, can use their toilet in shopping mall but need to get the shop assistant to use a key to open the toilet door leh

HI mommies,
Just want to ask if any mommies is using Pampers Active Baby(purple colour packaging) L(38pcs) n XL(34pcs)? Cos I have a few Ls and XLs to let go at :
L(38pcs)-$20/-
XL(34pcs)-$18/-
Int, pls sms or call me at 91451454

etelle

dun have leh. Really depends on your need and the weather there. i think should be abt the same as the cruise packing list that someone posted long time ago bah.

hihi,
so long nvr come in here already
happy.gif

In the end we didn't go to HK, we're going to perth in the 1st wk of Dec. But now with 2 of my good friends based in HK, we'll probably go over next year to visit and play.

seems like a lot of us are flying out in the next few months, have fun!

Mashy
haha it's okay...hee bulma emailed me hers...anyway i do have a packing list but am just afraid i will miss things out...seems alot to bring for mr le...haha diapers, milk powde.r..phew...

enjoy everyone...

Hi all,

I've booked the air tickets and hotel already!! Dun wana wait for other promotions liao la.. Hee.. Early book early fang xin.. But est. tis trip will cost me $5k! Woah.. Nw gonna save save save liao.. Hmmmm....

Etelle: Can I have the packing list as a reference? Tks!

By the way, we're allowed to bring milk powder over rite? Can bring an unopened tin anot ar?

mashy: Yah..still HK. But I gng with my 2 kids.. Juz the air tix cost me $2k liao.. Den plus hotel ard $700plus.. Tat's excluding all expenses there.. Plus wana go HK disneyland and ocean park.. Their entrance tix nt cheap lehz.. So I estimate I will change ard $2k worth of hongkong dollars.. Is tat too much?

Back