2005 East Mommies

SY,
No way!!
lame.gif
It's my mum not her. Must emphasize my CL & tis bbsitter is intro by her and all are lousy!

carrie,
Sorry you didn't reply me but I got to go for my gynae appointment now. The closing date for the admin post is today. So I can't send you anything on time since I won't be coming back to office. I will keep a look out and let you know in future if you still need.

carrie
Why would your hubby suan you? Agree that much of the career exhibition is more on education. Sometimes I think they should call it as education fair instead. However, from the advert, seems like this year got quite a lot of job vacancies leh. If you have the time, no harm going down to take a look.

cat_tail
You bring your bb back every night or only on weekends since it's a distance between your place and your mum's place?

oreas
Sure I will keep bugging hubby to shift out. Hope both of us can have this dream comes true... At least your ILs are okay with it. So when you intent to shift to?

hi jilian,
sorry for later reply, was held up with work.. i do not know how to go about with the PM settings, will explore it later.. have PM you my personal email.. thanks..

hi twinsmummy,
besides this forum, my next top visited sites are jobsdb.com n jobstreet.com.. hehe.. no choice, have to be active in my job search.. thanks..

hi jastan,
my hubby suan me cos i hinder his career move, he will say he can resign without a job then look for one if he is single when he cannot endure n pissed with current job.. but with a family and my job unstable, he has to put that on hold and bear with the frustrations at work.. i understand how he feels but i wished i have a stable and good job too..

Jas... yup. Been having problems too. Can't seem to post.

Orleander... congrats!! And I was just wondering why the congrats earlier on :p

Carrie... I think it is best to discuss this with your hubby. If he is not as pressing perhaps he can wait until you find something? If you need an employment agent... try Wendy Wee from Manpower. Her number is 62328808. She got me my present job and I have to say that she is very professional and dedicated. I recommended her to a few friends and all of them said the same thing.

Hi Oreos... I hope you are feeling better after the miscarriage. I went thru one and I cried buckets. Trust me... it will get better. And good luck in your "Project Move Out"
happy.gif

Ya SJ I think you should write a book. Maybe can combine effort with Lani Chua. She has been giving good advices in another thread about feeding solid food.

Carrie,
Lucky I still in. I already email you the details. If you feel you are suitable, can you send your resume directly to the email add that I have included. Closing date is today.

Thank you all. will keep u all posted after my gynae visit ok.

Oreos - sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling better now. ya, i will get a blood test done if can't see anything yet.

Carrie - a friend just called me a few days ago saying their company looking for temp admin staff. let me know if you are interested.

Oreos - which area are you looking at to move?

hi odie,
will contact wendy wee from manpower.. thanks..

hi jilian,
ok, will keep you posted.. thanks..

hi oleander,
thanks but i looking for perm job..

hi mummies,
for those who are waiting to move out, please do not wait for hdb to release the their flat release exercises, especially walk-in-selection exercise in mature estate, over the official broadcast.. drop by their website (www.hdb.gov.sg) from time to time to check-out.. cos by the time they report it on tv in the evening, it is already 1 day old and many queue numbers have been given away on the day itself.. i experienced it myself, and was lucky to know it before they report it on the tv.. would say that most who went there the next day actually made a wasted trip.. good luck!

Jas,
I will stay at my Mom's side during wkdays & then come back on wkends.

Oreos & Oldie,
I am so sorry to hear tat. I dun noe how to console but really hope u are feeling better now.

carrie, same here. my boy had been waking up @ 5am these days aso. dun b so stressed okie. m aso veri stressed @ wk these days, bt when i c my boy, everything will b okie liao.
happy.gif

oleander, congrats!!
happy.gif

odie, haha... okie, will take note of tt retort. hopefully i dun hv 2 use it.
happy.gif

cat_tail, oh no... poor edna. is tt d reason y u r looking 4 another maid??

oreos, okie, will keep my fingers & toes crossed 4 u okie.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Thanks for the thoughts. I am getting better. Told myself that bb is god's gift. My time not here yet
happy.gif
I still have my precious little gal
happy.gif
Just that before my gal, I also had a miscarriage.... so feeling very difficult to handle emotionally.
Update on "project move out "
We are looking around and yes, I am still gonna be in the EAST
happy.gif
Anyone have comments of this place called pebble lane, just behind city plaza?My ILs now still have not gone back on their word to let us move out on our own. Thanks vone for keeping your fingers and toes crossed for me ! Will update once I get more details

Mummies,
you know something, nowadays when I am in parkway and I see mummies with babies or are preg, I wonder is it any of you? Ha!! funny right.

Oreos,

Pebble lane - private housing or condo?

Cat,
sorry to read abt ur nanny. really too much.
Really dun understand why some pple want to be nanny and yet not commit to do a gd job.

Carrie, u will be able to get a job soon. Gd luck!

Ya vone,
Not a permanent solution to stay at my Mum's house during wkdays so will try to get a maid. Hubby already protest.
lame.gif
But this time, I will not rush to pick one, so needs some recommendation.

oreos,
U looking for a condo? I think there's a few new ones like "Esta" at Katong area.

hong,
I totally give up on tat Auntie liao! Still dare to whine & complain to me during the last day. I din want to speak too much since she's just wasting my time & I want to get my gal out of the hell fast!

Oreos,
Good luck in your house hunting!

Mummies, I need some advice. I want to know more about the 5-1 immunization jab for babies. I heard that it's a law in Sg that kids must have this jab before they are 7 years old. Then I heard that the first dosage they will give baby before baby leaves the hospital, which is NOT necessary, since most of the time this jab will cause fever, etc. Heard can be delayed and all that. Can you please give me your views on this? I have not really considered this until my cousin brought it up to me last night. What are the pros and cons of delaying the jab vs having it almost immediately? If I don't let my baby have it immediately, will the antibodies in my bm be enough to 'protect' him first?

Jilian,
There are certain jabs tat are compulsory in SG which u will be given a health booklet to follow the schedule upon bb delivery. When bb is born, they will be given a BCG (compulsory)& the choice of Hep B jab. If u plan to give 6-in-1, then there's no need to give. But if u are going for 5-in-1, then u can go for it. I dun noe which are the jabs tat u mean not necessary. Normally the jabs tat cause fever are the ones with live virus eg like 5-in-1 or 6-in-1 jabs.

Actually why u want to delay it? I dun think the anti-bodies in your bm can protect all the disease.

hi hong,
thanks..
happy.gif

hi jilian,
why u want to delay the jabs? if your newborn feels unwell then, there will be nurses to take care of him/her at the nursery..

my bb was given BCG n Hab B at the hospital, didnt cause fever, you can check with the PD before he/she gives the jab.. is compulsory and will get certificate issued for completing the course of jabs and to be produced when entering primary school

i brought my bb to neighbourhood GP (cheaper and more convenient then going to PD) for subsequent jabs, we opted for 6-in 1, less pain for him.. though unlikely to cause fever, they tend to feel some discomforts..

cat_tail,
I just want to be informed before making a decision. So that's why trying to find out more cos I'm a bit blur about all these.

I've heard that there are mercury/aluminium preservatives in vaccines. And that when we jab our babies, these will be in their systems. Therefore it is 'safer' to jab them when they are older as their system would be more matured to handle them.

Also because these jabs caused fever. Fever in babies are more 'dangerous' compared to fever in adults. I've heard of cases where the fever from the jabs caused fits which have damaged the baby's brains or caused autism. I know that it's a low percentage but it's a risk nevertheless. So I'm trying to find out which is the lower risk, to delay the jabs or not.

Oreos
I more prominent. We usually go out with 2 prams and my maid. Hahaha...

Any mummies see me, do come forward and say Hello
happy.gif

carrie
what kind of discomforts will bb feel after the jab? i brought my bb for his jab yesterday and today he keeps fussing during feeding...not sure whether it's to do with the jab.

oreo,
u looking for place already? good luck!!

twinsmummy,
where do u usually go? elias mall? i go to the market there every sat...hee, if i m there, will look out for u!

Jilian,

U mean 5in1 jab for the new born when the baby is out of hospital? NB only need Hep B and BCG, 5 in 1 jab is later.

I think these jabs are necessary else govt will not enforce it. We did heard rumour abt autism but is not for 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 jab is the MMR jab.

However the % is very low. Is no big joke when the kids get measle, mumps and rubela. So we opt to give our kid the jab.

Actually there are ways to prevent the little one to get fever.

U can soak yang shen or bao sheng in 4 teaspoon of hot water and feed the little one 2 days before the jab is give. keep the body cool.

Myth - believe to go for the jab in the morning, noon is too heaty, nite - the body temp is too high.

Feed them with lots of water to keep them cool.

I do rbr my PD mention that one of the jab will cos fever - shld be MMR if i am not wrong.

Jilian,
I see.. at least u better than me, do some research, me zero.
biggrin.gif
I am very blur blur after bb deliver & when the nurse ask me whether I want the hep B together with BCG, of cos anything I sure say ok...haha

Actually, it depends on bb whether they will get fever or not. My gal gets mild fever tat lasted half a day on her 1st 5-in-1 jab but subsequent 2s are ok. If u are afraid bb too vulnerable for fever, u may opt for 5-in-1 cos the schedule is from 3rd mth onwards whereas 6-in-1 is earlier. It's true tat less than 3mth old baby to have fever is dangerous, so tat's why I get 5-in-1.

I also do the same as hong, give bb "pao sheng" drink 2 days before her jab & then immediately give a dose of panadol after jab.

Hong,
Actually even the Hep B and the BCG is not compulsory. It is recommended. My concern after reading is that all jabs contain a form of preservative, whether is the MMR or the 5 in 1 jabs. And if I were to start baby on the schedule at a very young age, his system may not be mature enough to get rid of these preservatives/toxins. I'm not saying that vaccinations are bad. Just wondering if it would be a good choice to delay it until the child is old enough to be able to handle such things in his body.

I suppose the fever is a small issue compared to the accumulated toxins in his body especially if most of the jabs are done (if according to the recommended MOH schedule) within the first year of the child's life.

Jilian,
I believe the preservation is safe for the little one. The dosage shld be small enough for the body to expel. Actually there is oral for 5 in 1 given by Polyclinic but i dun know do they still giving it this way.

I think most of the medicine we taking now have some form of preservative else cant be kept for a yr or 2.

Did u consult any doctor abt it? Is it ok to delay till the child is older?
However, if we are to compare whether to prevent the kid of getting the diseases than if the body can take the toxins. I will chose the former. Cos once the child got it, is something quite serious althot getting the diseases now are very uncommon cos most of the pple ard us already got the jabs.

hi sy,
something like what bb is experiencing now, more fussy and wants to be carried, might wake up more often during the night too.. should be back to normal after 1 to 2 days.. oh yes, you may want to use a hot towel to dap on the spot to soothe it..

hi jilian,
fyi, my bb took his 6-in-1 jabs when he 1.5, 3 n 5 mths old..

found this informative immunisation chart, take a look at http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/default.asp?pg_id=1397

Hong,
I suppose it depends if you follow the recommended schedule or not. See this link: http://www.nir.hpb.gov.sg/nir/sv/eservices/eservicesv;HPBSession=GLgyhFKR27pLrJ1XLQWtyKSG2FdCz11LnvGqQnf9Gvnz6vLgv4GB!-1418536690?ACTION=DISPLAY_IMMUNSCH

If you follow, means your baby within one year will be getting 7-8 jabs, have to go for jabs almost every month.
The medicine that we take may have preservative but we are adults with a matured system to get rid of toxins.

Yup, I'm planning on making an appointment to talk to my baby's pd.

If anybody is interested in the debate can check out these links:
http://www.vaclib.org/basic/manu.htm
http://www.vaccinationdebate.com/

Jilian,

These vaccinnation has been on the clinical trial for many years & must be FDA approved before they are used. And tests are even stringent if it is using on baby & children. Of cos the risk is still there but very minimal. I think they have already consider your concern & thus they draft out the schedule for u to follow.

Maybe u would like to weigh which one is more crucial. Personally, I would not want to take a risk & let my baby be unprotected from the disease.

carrie
Your hubby said that? So funny.. anyway he should know that getting married is definately different from being single. Had to consider his other half in everything he does now. Don't feel too bad, you also don't want to be in an unstable job either, but company re-locate is not something you can control. Cheer up, your next job will be a better one.

cat_tail
you had the same arrangement as me. Staying at mum's place on weekdays. I like this arrangement but if there is a 2nd child, this arrangement wouldn't work for me liao. Your hubby also stay at your mum's place?

jilian
Me also never did a research on jabs. Just wondering, how old do you then consider the child is old enough to able to handle such jabs? For me, I trust MOH lor.. I believe they come up with such schedule after some research, test and trial and is safe for bb. Morever, having been through times of mass outbreak of some diseases in the nation, they should know better.

oreo
Wow you so fast had started on house hunting already? Me still on newspapers only...

JasTan,
Problem is hubby din stay with us.
sad.gif

I think better get a maid soon & let my mum train her especially on cooking cos I know nuts.

JasTan,
My opinion is 2 years old. But that's only my view. That's why I'm still trying to find out more. One question, if MOH is correct, how come it's only a recommendation and not mandatory? The only mandatory immunization we have to get is for measles and diphtheria.

Jilian,
Actually is half recommended and half mandatory. They cant force the citizens to do it cos we are demoratic nation. So they use "recommended". hee hee...

Well, is up to u. If u feel safe and ok that ur child to get the jab after 2.

Are u a very nature person?

Jas,
yah 2nd child like alot of logistic issue right. I am facing it now....

Cat,
My hubby is ok that our daughter not with us but he is not ok that we are apart. hahaha..
Must let ur hubby spend more time with ur girl. Bonding is very important, even bathing for the girl is gd.

Hong,

Hehe. That's why now researching to see what are the causes of the diseases, and how it is spread, what happens if contract it and what is the success rate of the vaccine. Bearing in mind that diseases do mutate over the years, so it's not 100% guarantee that if we're vaccinated, we're protected.

Nature as in go trekking in the mud kind of person? hehe.. No. Just that I know I will bring my baby swimming and for walks at the park. So I will have to consider that too.

hong,
Well, my hubby is ok of baby not coming home but he cannot tahan me not coming home. My mum is aware so she ask me to go back home & let bb stay. But I will deprive of bb lovesick...jia lat.

Jilian,
I think there is a newspaper article very long ago, talking abt parents who do not want their child to be jabbed. Dun noe whether u can get hold of it.

cat_tail,
But your hubby lovesick for you if you don't go home mah.
happy.gif
How about bringing home bb on alternate days? Have to balance. Cannot let hubby feel he not important also. That's why now I tell hubby he is important, so even if when baby comes out and I neglect him a bit, hope he understands.
happy.gif

cat,
ur hubby the same as mine. I think is gd to take a break away from children for a while. Hubby need ur love too. Rbr tat a true hubby will walk with u till ur dead bed. Children will leave with their spouses eventually.

Aiyo I sound so ke lian.. hahaha..

Jilian,
Nature - as u dun like chemical. I got a frd very anti-chemical. Dun believe in vitamins.

Jilian,
Very hard to bring bb home cos AMK to Old airport is very jammed. I cannot imagine the coming road closure for the MRT, laggi jam!
sad.gif

hong,
Haha.. U r right, only hubby is the one tat stays with us all the way. Just dun noe why, suddenly my love towards to my baby is so much stronger than hubby. No wonder he starts to protest. Hee~

Hong,
I agree with you on that. Children is a gift from god but only temporarily with us on loan. After that we have to let them go live their on lives. So only hubby left.

Oh that kind of nature. Nope. I'm not that extreme.

Jilian,
children is with us on loan.. hahaha..
Like the chinese say, the children are here for us to repay our loan/debt in our previous life.. hahahhaa..

Cat,
Stime i think i need a break from my daughter. I feel more like servant sometime.. hahaha.... I doesnt sound very motherly.

mummies
i also neglect hb. now i sleep in my son's room and hb sleeps alone. poor thing hor but he doesn't wan bb to ocme in cos bb noisy. so it's his own fault.

i also think the same way. hb will stay with us but children will not. so must not neglect hb!

Hi Oreos... were you ever in the miscarriage support thread? Hmmm... I kept wondering why I find your nick familiar. Good luck on your house hunting.

Jilian... the risk will be there but it will be controlled risk... it should be very very low... otherwise the jabs will not be given. And frankly... immunisation is really about putting the virus into the body and allowing the body to produce the anti-bodies.

Generally I don't think there is a reason to delay the immunisation unless your baby is sick... I think that is why they are not making it mandatory? Further there will be some cases whereby the parents are outstationed for work reasons so it will be hard to "enforce".

Speak to the PD for more info and reassurance.

cat_tail
My hubby also don't stay overnite with us at my mum's place. This had been on-going since my mum's took care of my boy. Till today, we had this arrangement - staying apart for about 2yrs liao. To me till now, not much different before and after marriage, just that I find after marriage got so much more problems... sian...

juilian
That's my personal view. Anyway, I believe all mothers want the best for their bb, including all of us here. If you are more comfortable letting your bb only have the jabs from 2yrs onwards, I don't think there should be a problem, as long as before it's schooling coz need that so-call certification.

hong
Your case is slightly simplier than mine. At least now Jan is starting CC, and MIL will help in caregiving of the bb. So you plan to bring Jan and the bb home every night or only bring Jan back and leave bb overnight at IL's place on weekdays?

oreos, *hugz*. dun tink so much okie. gd luck in ur hse search. ya, i aso do d same thing. so funny...

jilian, wah... u r a veri gd mummy.
happy.gif
i noe nuts abt it. when d nurse asked me whether i wan 2 give bb d jabs, i jus say okie coz i was so groggy after my ops.

twinsmummy, tink i might hv met u b4 @ parkway. haha... okie, will come up 2 say helo 2 u d nxt time.

cat_tail, no worries k. cooking can b taught 1. d most impt thing is 2 get a maid wif gd wking attitude & is willing 2 learn. gd luck in ur search!
happy.gif

Hi odie,
Yah, I was a long time ago doing some sharing
happy.gif
So this time is my second MC.... Were you there on that thread too?
Hong,
It's a private property I am looking at. You know the area?
Oh, my sleep bag still not here yet!!!! I so angry. Apparently, there was some mistake in their freight. That's the problem when you buy overseas....sigh....
Vone, Thanks for the hug
happy.gif

Oreos,
If you need help looking for properties, can let me know and I pm you my friend's contact. She's an agent and she stays in the East. She's currently helping my other friend look for a place in the East as well. Maybe she can help you find something. Anyway agents no obligations one. You only pay them when you find something that you like. So no harm engaging as many as you can.

Babysitter/Nanny needed:
I'm posting on behalf of a friend who is looking for baby sitter in the East. Area is Kallang/Paya Lebar/Old Airport Rd/Marine Parde.

I figured since mommies here are from the East, anybody got any lubang?

Oreos,
Not very sure of the area but know where is it.
U getting resell?
Did u get the supplier to send to Vpost or direct posting to spore?
Overseas purchase is like that lor. How long have u waited?

Oreos... yup I was in the thread for a while as well... since April 04 for a year. No wonder I thought your nick was familiar.

Rough idea of where City Plaza is. That area is mainly private housing right? Nobody that I know of stays around there. Resell or a new development?

I agree that should try and get more agent... widen your choices.

Jillian
Thanks for the suggestion.
you can pm me
happy.gif

Hong,
I have waited for 2 weeks already ! Had to make an overseas call to ask them to check and best part, the person think Singapore is a small state in China ! Alamak!!
Odie,
Hmmm... I quite like the place coz there quite a few buses plying the area. Only thing is that on weekends, city plaza like mini MBK in bkk. So many thais and maids....

Wonder how's oleandor.....

oreos
i realise a lot of pple think Singapore is in China! very funny each time i hear that....

yah i agree that area during weekends will have a lot of maids. actually traffic ard there also quite busy during peak hours right?

Back