(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

Happy Belated 2nd Blessed Birthday to Megan!

Wishing everyone a Blessed & Joyous New Year 2008! For those who are attending Playgroup in 2008, enjoy your Playgroup and make new friends!

God bless everyone!

Happy New Year to ALL!!!
kao_cheers.gif

Happy belated birthday to Declan, Rayden, Megan, Xavier & Tabby.

Happy new year to all mummies and toddlers!

Playgroup
Finally tomorrow Zach's gg to playgrp. Very excited ah. Pray that he'll not cry. Poor boy been sick for past few weeks liao. Fever on and off. Now still abit cough n flu. Mummy also sick too. Btw Zach already showing terrible 2 symptoms.

happy new year 2 all!

tmr regine gg to playgrp too :p
that time went to register her, her teacher still said "maybe regine cannot adapt to school, cos she is younger(born in DEC), those born earlier will learn more than her...(she is refering to those born in JAN/earlier than DEC) she asked if Regine can wear her own shoes, i told her yes, she starts to have confident in her..

kwan
see when u able to pick up the item, if not sms me ur add, when im passing by the next time i'll send to u
happy.gif
take care

i also hope regine won't cry...today on the way home, i asked renee will she cry tmr when she is back to sch, regine said i won't cry, im good...hope she really won't cry :S

Happy new year to all mummies and daddies out there.... =)

today is rayden 2nd day at playgroup...yest orientation only so one hr and starting today, will be 2 hrs.....he can actually mixed ard but always look out for me to see if i am ard...today, i tried to leave him and he cried and scream....poor boy...heart pain man!...but no choice...got to hiong hiong leave him with the teacher while he cried and scream....but teacher told me after a short while, he is alrite liao...hope tomorrow will be better cos starting tomorrow, i will be working liao so he will go to sch with nanny....

Playgroup,

my older boy (Dec 04) still cry after 3 months and the school secretary say its becos he is only attending 2 days. all those who attend 5 days cope very well. *bo bian* no money to pay for 5 days

so we pull him out of school since I am a SAHM and he has his younger brother (dec 05) to play with. so have to teach him ABCs and 123s myself.

Playgroup.
My girl starting school also. first day, i company her throughout. she cling but did try to follow others. Second day, i sneak in and out...if she didn't see me, she ok, once she saw me, she would want to run to me. Now third day, full day liao for 3 hours and we can't be around anymore but she copes well. So relieved. Teacher said she didn't cry and respond to the activities. So happy to see her settling in. I sneaked to see her when she was doing outdoor water play, she enjoyed herself and come back in the school bus back on her own. and yes, I really really miss her..hehe...

Mujmuj.

thats great for you that your girl likes school. Dont know is it becos so many SAHMs in my area that the kids all take longer to adapt to playschool. those moms who are working send their children to full day childcare when the kids are 2-3 months old so no problem

Rochelle, I'm also a SHAM. but I think it is depend on the kid's character. Some are more shy than others. But actually children will act up when they see that the parents are around but once the parents are out of sight, they are normally okay and most teachers know how to handle the children who cry. In her class, some kids are very independent, some are crying a lot, some very clingy, some adapt faster some slower, but they will adapt eventually and actually be enjoying school. Hope your boy will be enjoying the school soon.

hi all
regine went to sch, a good gal, never cry...friday her teacher talked to me aft class, she said regine bullied her classmate...i went home n asked her, she said she never bully her classmate, her classmate bully her 1st...haiz....teacher still say she so small size, don't knw she can be so fierce
sad.gif

when i peeped from a small hole and observed that her teacher sometimes ignore her, but don't know isit the teacher never see her cos she is small size or the teacher really ignore her...
i recorded a video, if free can go take a look..

http://hui32.multiply.com/video/item/13/Regines_school_activity

Hi Rochelle
I'm also a SAHM. Agree with Muj it all depends on the kids character. My nephew go child care for a yr liao. This morn my mom told me he still cry abit.

My son just started playgrp too. I was so afraid he'll cry. Everyday I'll pray that he'll enjoy his school and will not cry. The first day he did resist joining his friends. But after warming up he's ok. Today is the 6th day. So far he didn't cry. He enjoy his school alot. Everynite I'll sing n play on the piano and he'll dance what he learn in class. I'm so happy to see him enjoy gg school so much. Maybe he's bored staying at home alone with mummy hahaha.

kwan,

I got 2 boys so they unfortunately dont get bored staying at home.

when I ask my older boy if he wants to go to school, he says he only like gymboree music class. he does not like school.

how come your nephew still go childcare even though he cry for a year? how come didnt change childcare?

I am curious because I cant drive so my boy has to attend playschool near hubby's office. all the playschool near home is having long waiting list. there is no playschool that I can take a bus to.

when my two boys are in the same class, my older boy depends on the younger one. thats why we dont want them in the same playschool class.

Rochelle
Keke my nephew didnt cry for a yr. What I meant was sometimes he will still weep and refuse to go school. Sometimes he cant wait to go school. But my nephew very 'sticky' to my parents. If my bro and SIL fetch him to school he'll not cry. But if my parents fetch then he dun wana go school he wana go my parents hse play.

I also duno hw to drive. So sometimes I depend on my dad to fetch us.

hi mummies! Haven't been popping in here for quite some time..

Re: playgroup
Cathleen has also settled in. *phew* Initially I thot she might cry as she's a pretty shy girl, but to my pleasant surprise, she didn't at all.

On the 1st day, I sat with her in the beginning & gradually sit further & further away until I was out of the classroom within half an hr. She was totally ok.

On 2nd day, the teachers encouraged the parents to accompanied the children during the painting session & again I stayed with her for about half an hr. She's fine too.

On 3rd day, I told her Mommy will fetch her after class & said bye to her. Then she said bye to me too & I went for Mcdonalds breakfast for the next 2 hrs. keke. Hmm... I think my little girl has grown up ler..
happy.gif

Kwan,

my boy cried whether its me or hubby that brings him to school. but he will only allow me to drop him off to class while crying.

we are not in SG so we are totally dependent on my hubby driving or walking

Joyful,

congrats. I havent had a meal w/o my boys yet.

joyful,
cathleen is such a brave girl! so proud of her
happy.gif

i didnt manage to put hazel into CC successfully. she clinged on to me like there's no tmr, and she also developed behavioural problems and had nightmares, would scream in her sleep. was too much for me to bear so i withdrew her.

Rochelle,
I think I'm lucky
happy.gif

I think spending 2 terms at BJG prior to attending playgroup helps Cathleen to overcome some of her shyness.

Perhaps Hazel wasn't ready for CC yet, if so, then give her more time bah.. She's ok at JG right?

2005 (first_mum),
it's separation anxiety,
keep trying, it may last from 3 weeks to 3 months,
then will come the days that she will ask you to bring her to school, even on weekends/holidays.
happy.gif

tanlengleng,

my boy still cry after 4 months. thats why we gave up.

hubby thinks its just a waste of money since he is not interacting with other kids and throw tantrum everytime he goes to school regardless of whether me or hubby brings him.

tanlengleng,

he cries once we are like 1km away from his school because he recognise the surroundings. he is scared of the form teacher so he will stop crying after the classroom door is closed but he will sulk until time to go home.

the teachers of course say he is doing very well when my hubby told them we are stopping school. but his report card has fail for everything except academic.

joyful,
shes ok at JG cos we r around. nevertheless she'll become restless and wana get out of class towards the last 30mins. the CC i sent her to due to convenience uses mainly chinese and shes much less adept at chinese so she was afraid of the teachers.

tanlengleng,
maybe will try again when she turns 3. but at this stage, we dont think shes ready.

laputa,
is his class too large & too little teachers?
In Besper's school,
the ratio is 2 teachers to 11 children,
when he's below 2 yr old, the ratio is 2 teachers to 8 children.
A change of school may help?

2005 (first_mum),
our little ones are always attached to us,
assure her that you'll be coming back to bring her home.
happy.gif

Do get her ready for school by the time you have #2.
happy.gif

In the meantime, do teach her to sing & share.

tanlengleng,

his class is 2 teachers to 24 students. thats the normal ratio here unless you want to pay alot of money for school

a five half day school here with this ratio is > SGD 900

a full day school here with this ratio is > SGD 1500

a school with better teacher to student ratio cost easily > SGD 1200 for half day

he was "bullied" in gymboree music class too even though my hubby attended with him. my hubby saw first hand how he was not coping even in gymboree. when teacher lets the children pick their instruments, he will get the leftovers because everyone else grab before him. when his teacher do storytime, everyone else crowd round the teacher immediately and he has to peep in between children's shoulders.

now my hubby believe me when I say he needs help in survival skills.

my 2 boys are one yr apart. thats why I am now homeschooling them since my older boy does not like school.

Rochelle
May I ask which country u staying now?
Previously Zach attended JWT class, he also always the last to pick up shakers or toys coz everyone grab before him too.
Just to share with u. There's this chinese gal in Zach's class, everyday she'll cry once her grandma step out of the classrm. The teacher will talk to her distract her and assured her that grandma will come back to fetch her once class over. I can see that as days goes by, she tries to hold back her tears and towards the middle of lesson she starts to participate in the class.

Kwan,

problem was that he gets scared because he has no toys to play and he does not get a good spot for storytime. so even though he dooes not cry once the classroom door is closed, he is still very scared of school.

tanlengleng,

homeschooling is quite common in the states which is where we have been staying since 05.

Rochelle
Isit bcoz his frens and teachers are mostly westerners tats y ur boy seems scared? How come the teacher never take action when ur boy got no toys to play? Teacher have to make sure tat all children have toys mah. Isit ur boy being treated unfairly tats y he's scared of school. Did u ask him for the reason why he cry n scared of school?

kwan,

the other way round. his gymboree music class is mainly ang mohs and he is very very happy there. of cos he is also happy at gymboree becos my hubby can stay in the room.

his classmates are mostly indians from india. his teachers are ang moh and indian.

there are enough toys to go round. just that all the "nicer" ones are grab already. and those that are left are those that even my boy dont want to play.

he said hs didnt manage to grab a shovel in the big sandbox so he didnt get to play. he ended up playing other things but he wanted to play with a shovel in the sandbox.

the 2nd reason was because the teacher is strict. but thats good becos there are kids in the class who are aggressive so the teacher needs to be strict. but he gets scared even when the teacher is scolding another kid. the teacher does not scold him becos we asked him and he said teacher scold other kids for being naughty.

rochelle...i think your boy just not ready for school setting. there is no rush for enroling him there..anyway what we want is that they are happy right? i heard a case of my friend's niece who was traumatize on her first day of pre-school and after that she was always having anxiety attack whenever the first day ot school come even when she was in poly. homeschooling is just as good and you could make up the socializing by bringing them to playground so they can play with other kids and when he is ready u could slowly ease him into the school again.
my girl is opposite..she enjoys the school so much but teacher said that she still can't sit still and pay attention for long..coz too young bah. like when other sit down to sing, she would lie down on the floor..naughty girl.

haha, same as Fybie, she is also a very restless gal. She barely sits still in her preschool lessons eg art or music and even during JG, she will move to the back of the stage when the teachers were doing the puppet show.

I think she is just like her daddy, with "olive" backsides, cannot sit still! (^_^)

mujmuj, liewlian,

my boys love gymboree classes so we actually save $$$ since gymboree cost less than his preschool.

my younger son who is 2 is also a "chicken back side". we always say he is born chicken year so cannot sit still. but its bad for primary school as teachers wont like kids who cant sit still. so now we encourage him to sit still for 10-20mins everyday.

my older boy who is 3 can sit still for hours

Rochelle..what an opposite. I find those programme like gymboree here is more expensive than daily session school. hehe...

mujmuj,

was telling my friend that in SG got lots of choices for playschool.

my hubby takes my older boy to gymboree as he is v clingy to me. so let hubby spend quality time with him. I also get to spend one on one time with my 2 yr old.

hubby said he improve alot in gymboree so it was $$$ well spent

spring cleaning,

was busy spring cleaning and selling my boys old toys for $1-3 so that got money to buy new ones.

got so much baby and toddler stuff in my store room now half cleared.

Happy CNY to all!!

Hope this year will bring us more prosperity, good health, happiness!!

Gong Xi!

Jeslyn,

Yalor, I am definitely busy with spring cleaning, till my nail arts are all gone... so sad...
But my house is still very messy, I am so sick of cleaning up, will just clear all the stuff and shove up into the cupboards and behind doors! Haha!

Happy Chinese New Year to all.

Was packing our old clothes yesterday, now wardrobe is less congested. heehee....

hi mummies,
im oso so sick of spring-cleaning! now wiv no maid, so tiring! so glad no more cleaning for awhile after today!

i would like to wish all mummies and their lil ones Happy Chinese New Year and Good Health!

Back