Seeking help from mums to encourage your husbands/partners to participate in online survey for research study and get $5 e-voucher in return

Joelle_NUS

Hello SG mums and mums-to-be,

My name is Joelle and I’m a PhD student conducting a research project on parenting support at the National University of Singapore (NUS) with my advisor Dr Shefaly Shorey. I have emailed the organizer of this forum to obtain their permission to share about my study details with you here.

For our research project, we are looking to recruit fathers with babies from 0-12 months old to participate in an online survey. The first 100 participants will receive a $5 Cold Storage e-voucher as a small token of appreciation for their time spent. Hence, we kindly seek your help to encourage your husbands/partners to take part in our study.

Our study details are as follows:

At National University of Singapore (NUS), we are embarking on a meaningful research project titled, “Psychometric Evaluation of the Paternal involvement in Early InfAnCy ScalE (PEACE)”. This project has received ethical approval by the NUS IRB team (NUS-IRB Reference Code: NUS-IRB-2022-315).

This study aims to test the appropriateness of a newly developed Paternal Involvement in Early Infancy Scale (PEACE) in measuring paternal involvement among local fathers. Your participation will involve filling up an online survey which will take about 15-20minutes to complete.

This survey is open to fathers who:
  • Are aged 21 years old and above
  • Are Singapore citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (PR)
  • Currently have a 0-12 months old new baby who has been discharged home in good health for at least 1 week
  • Are living together with your baby and wife/female partner with whom you had your baby with
  • Are able to read and understand English
This survey will be available from 1st September 2022 to 30th November 2022. It is best attempted on a standard monitor (e.g., desktop, laptop), but can be done on your mobile phone as well. Your participation will go a long way in helping future research studies to improve local fathers’ involvement.

Your participation is voluntary. The data you provide will only be used for research purposes. Your personal data will never be used in a publication or presentation. All identifiable research data will be coded (i.e. only identified with a code number) at the earliest possible stage of the research. Personal data will be discarded immediately after the study is concluded.

The first 100 participants will receive a $5 Cold Storage e-voucher as reimbursement for their time spent in completing the survey. If eligible, we will send you an email containing the voucher within 1-2 weeks after you submit your survey response. While receiving the e-voucher, you will be asked to provide your name and digital signature on a form to acknowledge your receipt of the voucher.

Please click on the link: https://nus.syd1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0xhRZEtsa9cERH8 or scan the QR code below to begin the survey.

1663295053062.png

If you have any questions about this study, please email Ms Joelle Chua at [email protected] or message/WhatsApp her at 93286164.

Thank you.

Yours Sincerely,
PEACE Research Team

Attachments

• PEACE Poster recruitment_phase 1.pdf
    356.5 KB · Views: 38

Back