(2005/12) Dec 05 mums-to-be

hi.. i'm new to tis forum. my gal is oso born in dec 05. any mummies here putting their kids in childcare? ned some advice as how to go the 1st few mths coz my gal is going to childcare in nov.

I also signed for 1 day trip with my gal to some places outside Tokyo such as Yamanashi, Kanagawa, Chiba Prefectures. Other than that, you may wanna go to Odaiba, or even to Puroland to see Hello Kitty?! I dun see Nepia in most of the dept stores, but you can try, I see more Mamy Poko on the sheleves, you can try to buy from pharmarcy which is cheaper.

As for long flight trips, ask for kiddy packs from the air attendants, playing cards, try to bring along coloring books/her fav dvds so that you can entertain her. Try to make her nap on the flight so that you can have a breather... Bring along enuff snacks to pacify her too!!

SC,
My gal can only take off her diapers when we bathe her, but not dressing ownself, she tries to take off her shoes and socks too. But that's about it!

Sharon,

Welcome! I just sent my gal to half day playgroup this month. I can't give much advice, I guess it all deepnds on your kid, whether she is ready for class. You may consider sending her for some trial classes first so that she can get used to the routines, the teachers and her new friends!

When actual class begin, try to join her for her 1st day and subsequently try to sneak out of the class and leave her to the teacher. If your gal is more clingy to you, try asking your hubby to send her to school, sometimes they won't cry so badly... I let my gal bring along her teddy bear to school, so in case we are not around, and she feels insecure, she still has her teddy bear to comfort her!! I hope my tips can be useful!!

hi all
long time never post...

:p
got a qns to ask all of u....if u r hiring a maid, will u choose those who work in singapore b4?

SC,
More of taking off clothes rather than putting on. When we tell Cathleen we're gonna take off her t-shirt, she'll raise both her arms & will later pull it off from her head. Similarly when putting on, she'll try to pull it down her head. That's about it for now.

She knows how to take off her shoes. Yet to learn how to wear them tho'.

What about Megan? Is she keen in dressing herself on her own?

SC
RJ same like cath, like to take out more than putting on...he always take out his shirt. RJ will take out his shoes oso. When he goes to school he will go the the rack take out his shoes n put it on the rack

Sharon
Welcome. My son just attended Talentplus playgroup for 2 weeks, so far he enjoyed it a lot..agree wt liew lian, all depends on kids. RJ on second day rush in to class n dun bother my maid liao...

Jeslyn
Me oso prefer those fresh fm kampong...mine 1st time in SG...so far so good!

nepia diapers commonly available but night not be cheaper. if u taking ANA or JAL, ask for some samples
happy.gif
JAL gave my boy generously when they found out we are using Nepia.

we were lucky that the JAL stewardess likes babies so two of them help calm my boy down. also it was me, hubby and mum with my elder boy at that time so 3 adults to one baby was not so bad,

Dressing,

my older boy could only dress himself when he was 2. as in shirt, pants, pull-ups, socks, shoes.

he got the socks and shoes and pull-ups first.

my younger boy could only wear his socks and shoes himself but I have to adjust abit. he can put on his pants but cant pull up.

Thks LiewLian & Megan for the reply . The teachers in the childcare did mentioned that i can send her over on 1 of the wkdays and wkend to play so she will be familiar wif the enviroment. My gal is super clingy even @ hm i cant even go toilet. muz be always at her sight otherwise she will cry like mad.

straycats
My gal like to dress up alot. she will choose her own clothes & shoes and need to put on make up (those fake make-up).

JesLyn
Employing a maid mostly depend on luck. My cousin got a maid (indo) 1st time in singapore but she can speak very good english and reali noe how to take care of children, do hsewk oso very clean. i employ a maid (indo) oso 1st time in singapore dunno how to speak english, dunno how to take care of children, everyday face black black and very lazy in the end i have no
choice but send her back to agent.

thanks liewlian and rochelle!
we will be taking ANA. but my parents are against us bringing kiddo cos foreign place foreign language.

jeslyn,
i prefer non EX-spore but experience in other city places like HK, taiwan or KL. non-city indons quite suah ku, some difficult to train. but like what sharon says, its all abt luck. mine is EX-HK so quite used to modern appliances and city pple expectations.

SC,
hazel tries to remove her shirt and shorts before her baths everyday but she needs us to help. not v gd at it yet. she also tries to wear socks and shoes herself but of cos, aiming still v poor.

i hire a maid cos my grandad in the hosp, n he wanted to come back hm. during weekdays im staying wif my parents, my mom taking care of my 2gals. if grandad come hm, no1 look after him cos my mom no time to take care of him, he cant walk, his leg weak cos tat time he fell down until now never walk on himself before, all along lying in the bed in hosp. so tot of getting a maid to take care of him.
i chose a fresh maid w exp working in malaysia. she was in singapore last week, but she failed her test 3 times....lidat hw to employ her, but anyway she canot work n has to go back, lucky me that she didnt pass the test in her last attempt, if not come to my hse, sure everything dono 1. last nite agent brought a maid with exp in sg last 2 yrs. she was a transfer maid. i chose her cos reli left with no choice...the rest of the maids are fresh without exp or only take care of children before....i need some1 to take care of my grandad...so i just chose her. i don give her off day cos her previous emplyer allow her for one day off per mth...i just top her $20 more every mth, she will be coming soon, so i hope she will be ok...
last nite when agent n her come to my parent hse, the moment she saw my mom carrying regine, she went over to my mom n she carried regine. she was talking to her, playing with her....hope she can also cling to her during the day if my grandad was taking nap and my mom was doing the cooking, cos my mom always complaint abt my gals....v notti, she cant cook unless they are slping.. :p

Mummies,

Do your kids start to cut down on milk?
Fybie is showing lack of interest in her milk
sad.gif

Also, do your kids like to watch TV very close to the screen? How do you stop them?

We tried to off the Tv when she does that but after a while, she will go near the Tv again!!
Any good suggestions?

THANKS!

Dressing,

Aron can take off and put on his sandals. Dun usually wear shoes. Same as Cath, Aron is better at taking off clothes than putting on them oh. Can put up his arms & attempts to pull it off his head. Putting on shirt, not so good.

Megan,
Still on porridge. Would like him to take rice, but he seems not to eat as much and dun chew well... and eat much slower... hopefully will graduate to eating rice and adult food soon.

Sandy,Meixue,Prettycloud,
Updated your tods stats.
<table border=1><tr><td> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NO.</TD><TD>PARENT</TD><TD>BABY</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD>WT(kg)</TD><TD>HT(cm)</TD><TD>AS AT </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Elaine</TD><TD>Javier</TD><TD>10-Nov</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>16mths 10days </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Mujmuj</TD><TD>Summer</TD><TD>18-Nov</TD><TD>9.2</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>17mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Weoseek</TD><TD>Jared</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>15.5mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>IF</TD><TD>Dawn</TD><TD>19-Nov</TD><TD>7.8</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>7mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>meixue</TD><TD>Shanice</TD><TD>25-Nov</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>84</TD><TD>22mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>LiewLian Soh</TD><TD>Fybie</TD><TD>29-Nov</TD><TD>10.3</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>20mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Pinny</TD><TD>Luke</TD><TD>01-Dec</TD><TD>9.1</TD><TD>79</TD><TD>19mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ng Kiok Teck</TD><TD>Benjamin</TD><TD>01-Dec</TD><TD>13.1</TD><TD>89</TD><TD>18+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>straycats</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>02-Dec</TD><TD>10.4</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>20mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>sunnyling</TD><TD>Ziv</TD><TD>02-Dec</TD><TD>9.1</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>15+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Jenny</TD><TD>Aiden</TD><TD>02-Dec</TD><TD>12.5</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>21mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Berlin</TD><TD>Gezann</TD><TD>05-Dec</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>18+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Jeslyn</TD><TD>Regine</TD><TD>05-Dec</TD><TD>9.8</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>19mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Rochelle</TD><TD>WK</TD><TD>05-Dec</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>18mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>joyfulhands</TD><TD>Cathleen</TD><TD>06-Dec</TD><TD>10</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>19mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>fluffsmurfie</TD><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>08-Dec</TD><TD>10.1</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>18+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Megan Lee</TD><TD>Ron Jun (RJ)</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>18+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Absolut</TD><TD>Nicholas</TD><TD>12-Dec</TD><TD>8.6</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>8mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Sandy</TD><TD>Ernest (EnEn)</TD><TD>14-Dec</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>85.5</TD><TD>21mths 22days </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>DS</TD><TD>Jayden (XinYang)</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>11.5</TD><TD>81</TD><TD>18mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>prettycloud</TD><TD>Aron</TD><TD>15-Dec</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>22mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Angelin Teo</TD><TD></TD><TD>16-Dec</TD><TD>7.75</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>2005</TD><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>19-Dec</TD><TD>9.2</TD><TD>78</TD><TD>18mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Geryl</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>19-Dec</TD><TD>10.7</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>13mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Bao Bao</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD>20-Dec</TD><TD>10.7</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>18mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>tanlengleng</TD><TD>Besper</TD><TD>21-Dec</TD><TD>10.2</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>15mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>clhw30</TD><TD>Mirabel</TD><TD>21-Dec</TD><TD>14.8</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>16+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>YL</TD><TD>Justin</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>11.7</TD><TD>82.5</TD><TD>15mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>sunnysun</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>22-Dec</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>15+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Angela</TD><TD>Jerald (Yangyang)</TD><TD>24-Dec</TD><TD>8.5</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>fairymoss</TD><TD>Declan</TD><TD>26-Dec</TD><TD>10.6</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>19mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>HappyGal29</TD><TD>Rayden</TD><TD>26-Dec</TD><TD>14.9</TD><TD>89</TD><TD>18+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Kuikwan</TD><TD>Zach</TD><TD>26-Dec</TD><TD>10.7</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>20mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>taka</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>83</TD><TD>18mths 1week </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Rena Chew</TD><TD>Elijah</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>13mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>pooh25</TD><TD>Xavier</TD><TD>29-Dec</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>73.2</TD><TD>19mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>tabbisus</TD><TD>Tabby</TD><TD>30-Dec</TD><TD>9.5</TD><TD>76</TD><TD>18+mths </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>krissie</TD><TD>Gerald</TD><TD>06-Jan</TD><TD>11.1</TD><TD>85</TD><TD>17mths 3weeks </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
Pls PM me if you wish to update/include/delete your tod's stats in the chart. (just in case I missed any of your postings)

Sharon
Welcome welcome!

Dressing
Recently Zach began to show signs of dressing and undressing himself everyday esp when he knows its bath time. He also likes to choose his shoes and dislike to wear socks. Always like to take off his shoes in the car.

LiewLian
Zach still loves his milk most. His appetite still as poor as before but he loves to drink soup (chinese style).

TV
Zach used to stand very near to the TV and watch so everyday I'll shout and shout tell him 'too near move back'. This method works only for few minutes, then he'll move near the TV again. Until one day I canot tahan liao so decided to mount the TV on the wall. Now the problem solved liao. Both party happy keke.

TV
My boy watches TV from his own little chair since young which has a strap to it. So he's strapped to the chair while watching. Now he'll make noise if i forgot to strap him up. Guess it's conditioning.

TV
My boy watches TV from his own little chair since young which has a strap to it. So he's strapped to the chair while watching. Now he'll make noise if i forgot to strap him up. Guess it's conditioning.

Hi Liew Lian,

My gal oso drinking very little onli 200ml for the whole day but she's eating rice.

TV yes yes.. she oso like to stand infront of the TV very close like her face sticking on to it. I shout n shout walk away then ltr go back again.. i oso dunno how to control her.

Kwan,

I let Fybie take applelin B12 and I see improvement in her food intake! Though her weight did not increase much, but I guess it is a good start!

Hmm... mounting on the wall, also not much diff from the current tv position lei... my hb is complaining to me every single day about the tv problem, my ears are filled with his saliva liao!!

cheerful mum
OPI is american brand, so not cheap here. I think getting them online is cheaper

re: LV and Gucci
Sori I am not a LV nor Gucci person, I dunno leh. Paiseh!

LiewLian
When megan watches the TV programs too close, I will tell her to go back & sit on the sofa and watch. Usually she listens.

But this happened afer, I had to repeat myself like a recorder till it eventually registers on her ;)

RE: Milk
She is still taking the same amt as before. Its me that wants to reduce her midday intake..haha!

MILK
hazel ok wiv her milk aldou i try to cut down her intake as i tink it affects her apetite for solids. she drinks 3x a day.

TV
hazel also tends to walk very near the screen. like SC i would remind her constantly to go back to her seat. n threaten to off loh. she'll listen but lata do it again. i wld sound like a broken old record.

hi all
Me back again.. I delivered last tuesday, 2 Oct and was discharged on Friday. Baby has qt high jaundice. Am so worried, hoping that the level will drop, coz we're going to the clinic tom, if it increases anymore, she will hv to be warded for the phototheraphy or I'll hv to rent the eqt at home to sun her. Anyone here has ever rented the UV light eqt to sun bb at home?

Also, bb didnt put on much wt. PD says that if bb dun put on wt by Fri, then hv to suppl with FM as I'm on TBF now. So sad, right? Even though i try so hard to TBF her.. with all the late nite feedings. like last nite, i only slept for 2hrs.

Another thing is anyone knows of this website that can convert the chinese name in dialect names?

LiewLian
I mount the TV abit higher so he cant touch and Zach will sit very far and watch. So far so gd lor no need to shout at him anymore. He will automatically find a comfy position to sit down and watch quietly.

Krissie
Congrats and take care of your health too.

Milk
I also did try to cut down Zach's milk intake coz like wat 2005 mentioned, I think its affecting his solid intake lor. Everytime he refuse to eat his porridge he'll demand 'nan nan' from me. But I'll ignore him coz if I give in to him he'll think that it's alrite that he doesn't eat his porridge coz mummy will give me milk lata. I even starve him before but no use leh he still refuse to take his porridge.

SC,
Gezann can wear her pants or skirts, she can pull up but it's always messy and I have to adjust for her. She can wear her shoes very well.

cheerful_mum
LV is cheaper in Paris, whereas Gucci is cheaper in Rome (or italy).

Milk
My ger drink 210 ml 3x a day. Her rice intake for lunch & dinner is good although sometime need coaxing but she refused to have breakfast and snack...headache..afraid she hungry in between.

TV,
I have 2 to yell at...some more they always touch the lcd tv with their oily hand or poke with the stick/pencil...until my hubby always scold2 the ..guess..the mommy! arggghhh....sometime i think no tv is better....i can live without it..hehe..

Krissie..congrats...don't worry abt jaundice..it's quite common. Last time my ger was warded for phototherapy for 1 night too. I did pump some milk for her but also told the nurse if she hungry it's ok to supplement.

Clothes
She knows how to take off & on her clothes..but the worse is ..she CHOOSE what she wants to wear...geez..girl!!!

Kwan, can u pleae update my girl's stat:

Summer
Age as of 23 month
Weight 10.80kg
Height 83cm

Thanks!

krissie
Justin was warded to TMC for 2 nites cos of his jaundice when he was abt 1+ week old. if u want to rent the equipment, the hospital shld be able to help you.

As for the bb wt, hv you seen a LC to see if bb is drinking well? my sil trying to TBF her bb, but cos her bb doesnt suckle well so she has to express her milk to feed through bottle for the time being to hv steady wt gain. so far no fm is given, the bb is abt 3 weeks. If the PD is nt pro-bf, he'll recommended fm, tt's wat i experienced from my pd.

Chanel is cheap, think Longchamp as well!

Krissie,
I hope bb will be better! You too, take care and dun be too stressed up! Yl has a point on the drinking...

Tv problem...
Mujmuj, I know what you mean... my hb also scolds me when Fybie goes near to the TV, hee hee!
I wonder is it because Fybie is used to watching from my projection tv where all images are huge and now when she watches her hi5 in my room, she tends to go near to the TV... I guess we just have to nag and nag at her till it is drilled into her!

Berlin
Megan can *shake hands* with Gezann. She can pull up her pants and skirts as well but still need me to adjust for her. As for her shoes, she likes to take them off than put them back on again and it can go on and on especially if she is in the car *Pengzz*

thanks mummies for all the well wishes and concern. Bb's jaundice is now better and dropped to a safe level of 9.8. am so relieved. Plus, she put on some wt.. her wt is now 3.16kg, up from the 3.02kg at the last PD visit.

YL
strangely, i cant get much milk from pumping this round. But, when bb drinks, i can feel that she drinks more. hmm... must try to pump more again. maybe my breasts are not used to the pump yet.

krissie
gd tt ur bb is now much better. dont be too stress over expressing ur milk. direct feed is better anyway. my sil's bb cant suckle well, so she has no choice but to express.

wat i did at the initial stage is pump 5mins at each breast after feed. it helps to build supply quite fast n i can standby the milk as backup. do rest n drink hot(or at least warm) water. it helps in milk supply too.

krissie
gd tt ur bb is now much better. dont be too stress over expressing ur milk. direct feed is better anyway. my sil's bb cant suckle well, so she has no choice but to express.

wat i did at the initial stage is pump 5mins at each breast after feed. it helps to build supply quite fast n i can standby the milk as backup. do rest n drink hot(or at least warm) water. it helps in milk supply too.

thanks YL
think there is no milk if i were to pump for 5 mins after each feed. shall try it when i can.. always not enough time , plus hv to spend time with ger too and catch up on my slp. am so tired.

Krissie..try to compress and massage your breast. Use hot water and towel and slowly massage it from the top to the nipple down. that's what helps me a lot in establishing the milk.

cheerful mum,

I am not sure how much cheaper cos normally it is my hb who buys those stuff for me, I guess abt 10-20% cheaper for chanel?

Just my guess!

Krissie,

Relieved for you that your bb is ok, what is her name? Did Ger show any jeaousy? Try to rest well!

thanks mummies...
happy.gif

thanks muj for the suggestion.
happy.gif
shall try tom.

LL
you're so fortunate hor, hb buys the bags for u.. heehee.. then u dun need to pay. We're going to call her clare. Ger's very insecure and I feel so bad for neglecting him coz i hv to bf clare.
sad.gif
that nite, when i hug ger to put him to slp, coz i cried coz i missed him so much.
sad.gif

congratulations krissie! glad to know Clare is ok now. i guess it's normal that Ger is feeling insecure. when Ryan was born, Aidan was also jealous. it's getting better now. Its really difficult to balance the time spent between the elder one and the baby.

cheerful_mum
Not sure how much cheaper is LV, but for gucci, got it at about S$800 and when back in SG, it's selling at $1200. it's about 25 percent cheaper and with tax-refund like 7% or so.

SC,
Don't understand why they like to take off shoes when in the car? everytime must wear for her when reach destination.

Congrats Krissie!

Dunno whether it helps or not, my neighbour who just had her 2nd child, bought a new toy for her elder boy and told him that it's di di (her 2nd boy) who bought for him as a "jian mian li". So far the elder boy no signs of rejection for his little brother and has been coping well with the new addition to the family. I think it works and it's a great idea to try when i have my next one in future. U may want to try it?

Krissie, i agree with fairymoss..i did give him something and said it's from mei2. But from a start my boy didn't show any jealousy but he is sooo mischievous..he always wanted to play and disturb her when she is in her cot. Don't worry in time to come..they will be best of friend.

krissie
my colleague told me abt that way too..also bought a dress for my elder gal... told her meimei gv her 1 :p

err...my elder gal until nw sometime still quarel with meimei cos everytime she always want to snatch meimei's toy, meimei don gv she cries n yell den both of them fight, one bite the other 1, one pull the other's hair...iyo..

by the way, can help to cast vote?
vote for jasmine/jeslyn/chew geok choo
>> www.kotex.com.sg/index.asp

thks :p

thanks mummies, i bot them both gifts.. one from Ger to mei mei and the other from mei mei to kor kor... guess it's only natural that he feel insecure, afterall, he had our sole attention for 1yr plus...

Krissie,

I understand too. It will get better. Ger will grow to love mei mei. ;) I also tend to look out for Aron cos I am worried that he will feel neglected. Sometimes I will even ask mei mei to wait when she is crying for attention, while I feed Aron. I dun drop everything when mei mei cries (when she is nicely settled) lest Aron thinks he is not impt anymore after mei mei is born (while tending to Aron that is).

You might soon find you have to multi task, while bf Clare.

Do take a lot of rest now. Just leave everything to the CL, cos once she is gone, you will be up in the neck with the children and housework (unless you have help)...

Bel, ya lor, dunno why Aron also likes to take off his shoes in the car. Sometimes even in the lift, and escalator (while on pram)! Must quickly stop him when he does that at the escalator...

krissie,

my older boy is pretty secure but my younger boy would always fight for attention. they are 1yr apart. both december babies like mummy
happy.gif

Back