(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

momoko
are u a sahm? sowee, i simply unable to keep track who is, i think i have goldfish memory leh.

am glad josh is well now and has settled down with the meals routine.

ap
ur boy so clever. can use the walker like a pro now. have not been sitting malc in his walker for a long long time, ever since the day i made up my mind to let him learn how to crawl. lol!! now he is crawling, think i will let him use the walker again. but my dining table/chairs are blocking the way... sigh...

Hey mummies, thks for all ur well wishes. Feel slightly better liao.

Yesterday morn having fever, night also having fever. Went to see doc & cost me $66. Lesson learn. Next time dun be hero. go and see doc early to avoid midnite charge.

So the picnic cancel or postpone???? Blur liao.

momoko

how josh feeding schedule like?? u buy which flavour of nestle cereal? brown rice or honey something...

ap

me also put javier's into his walker and he like to move ard the whole hse to explore. Touch this and pull tat. But something, he get bored and will screamed for us to carry him.

Ju

So tat how u train Malc to crawl??? my ah lao keep telling me to put up mattress for javier's to crawl instead of putting him into walker.

OK. am feeling tired again. me going to pop my pill and cough syrup liao. going to wonderland again.

Enjoy ur weekend ladies and poor me and javier's sob sob, can only stay at hm for the time being.

hello ladies,

Ju, as long as u put malc in the walker..within a mth he wld be v pro liao..hehe..

Summer, ya got to adjust here and there so that it wont be dangerous for him..sometimes he likes to touch the dustbin too..*headache*..got to hide all the bins.

Boy can crawl but he doesnt like to ..not fast also cuz he used his legs and tummy to push forward.

Summer
In the beginning, I let him play on my bed. At that time, he is able to 'stand' on fours. Letting him start on my bed coz I felt that floor might be too hard for him and he might feel pain on his knees. After a while, he starts to 'chase' after the remote controller. So he tried to crawl to reach it. After a few try, he started to crawl. Hehehe... Then I let him try on the floor. If you going to try Javier on your bed, please stay by his side all the time. If you need to go get something, put him on the floor.

AP
I will try to out him on his walker more often from now on.

Ju

Tomolo closing date for Baby Bonanza. Can let Malc take pt in the mamypoko super crawler contest. Quick quick quick. I am a kiasu mummy, every categories I take pt for Javier except this crawler one cos can;t crawl yet sigh..........

Summer
I submitted the form for the Baby Bonanza liao. But I only sign up for the Pretty Baby. Coz dun think Malc can crawl that fast leh. Got older babies competing as well. Hehehe... sicali he crawl to look for mei nu (pretty gals) instead of reaching for the finishing line. LOL!!

morning mummies...
ju, i'm a FTWM lah. but sometimes i take a week or two weeks off to be with josh when my hubby is out of town. good rest for me and also good time to spend with josh...priorities really different now that i have baby. going back to office tomorrow

summer i gave him the normal nestle rice cereal, no flavour yet. cos wan him to like this first before i try something else. last time give him heinz, he really dun like lor.

last weekend since we din go east coast. spend a quiet weekend at home with josh and hubby. put josh onto a walker. aiyo walk backwards one!!! hahaha same like crawling, also backwards...how how how??

Hi mommies,
Hope you have a nice weekend. Want to check if any of your bb still doing the 'swimming' style crawling on the bed now? Or all crawling on 4 legs liao?

momoko

tot u go ECP wif ur own frenz. At first I put Javier's into walker, he also walk backward. Now, he can walk sideway and front leh. No worry ok.

baby2005

My boi still like worm crawling. He kept crawling backward. Ju boi Malc had starting to crawl liao. u refer to her blog. So cute. Still waiting for my javier's to crawl like tat.

Afternoon ladies...

Momoko, not bad eh, your company let's you take off one or 2 weeks. I wish I also can ;P

My cubbie has just discovered that she has a tongue on sat. So she sticks it out and tries to hold/pinch it with her little fingers. Of course her tongue goes in automatically la, so corny to watch. Also, that same day, she started grumbling...like old lady like that. She can sleep, sit up and grumble, then sleep again. That process takes about 1-1.5 hours ...so tiring. But first time see a grumbling baby...;P

Summer,
Jaime also crawl like a worm or like swimming on the bed; and she kept moving backward. She can only sit for a while and fall side way liao. I tried to put her on her legs but the leg like not strong leh. She'll use her toe to push once or twice and 'squat' down liao.

Furryfurry,
Your bb so cute, this is the first time I heard bb trying to hold its tongue ha....
kao_laugh.gif

maomao
Becky's teethinggggggggg??? LOL!!!

baby2005
Yup, Ah Malc can crawl on fours liao. He crawl faster when he is wearing long pants. Coz lesser friction. Hehehe...

momoko
Yeah, as Summer said. Ah Malc also walks backwards and sidewards in his walker now. Seldom leap his step forward since he has little chance to sit in his walker.

Think one of Ah Malc's upper front is popping out real soon. He has been drooling a bucket.

Summer- my girl is also a 'swimmer'. Tries to get on all four but has yet to succeed so she is doing her 'freestyle' ard the house.

Ju- BTW, I'm a sahm as well. Miss my good ol paycheck but nothing beats seeing my little one grow active and chirpy. =)

Hi April and all SAHM, like to seek your advice on your decision to give up your job and pay for your little one... I am currently working half day in the morning, which is good because I can have the best of both world. But recently, I have been facing pressure from boss to return to work full time - I am weighing the pros and cons... Currently my Indonesian helper takes care of my boy in the morning and I will take over in the afternoon. I do not like the idea of leaving my boy in her hands for the whole day, any comments would be appreciated, thanks!

morning!!
ju, josh also suddenly drools a lot...so may be the next tooth coming out too...just hope he wont be cranky or affect his appetite..
how come josh is so lazy to crawl?? usually i just try to entice him with his toys and push his feet forward, but he will try once and if cannot move forward (i refrain him from crawling backwards haha), he will just lie flat on his back and rest! faint!!!

hey which mummy wan to go for aquaducks free trial?? how about 30 july (sun)?? suntec??

hi momoko,

i would like to go for the aquaducks free trial. But it seems that there is a waiting list for weekend trial in suntec. have u called them up to ask?

Like your son, Alden does not like to crawl too. He can do backwards but not frontwards though. He loves to stand and can sit for pretty long now. I am struggling with porridge feeding as he has such a tiny winy mouth!

I feel like buying Signing DVDs/CDs. Besides Ju, anyone using them and has good feedback on it? Which vol is better?

Thanks!

for those mummies whose babies sleep in yaolan hor, what u do at nite huh?
nowadays i got to make josh sleep in yaolan, then move him to the bed.
i wan to make him sleep from the bed leh... how how how?? managed to do this couple of months ago, but recently he's so addicted to yaolan liao!

Furry - your girl is really cute!! catching her tongue - that's a first.

Darion is learning to stand...and he has been pouting whenever he does not get his way..sigh..not exactly a good thing to learn..think he learnt it from my brother's gf.

I have been very busy - trying to cope with work, travel, no maid (new one arriving early Aug). At times like this, I really wish that I am a SAHM.

Can anyone share any more porridge recipe with me? Oh yes, I started Darion on breakfast 2 days ago - boiled egg yolk with cereal.

So when are you ladies meeting??

Hello, Mummies!! Sorry for not posting lately!
How was the gathering last weekend at East Coast?

Fybie is now weighing 7.2kg at 71cm now, yeah!! So happy to see her crossing the 7kg mark FINALLY!!
466000.gif

I also checked with PD regarding her milk fuss, according to him, if bb doesn't like to drink milk, then we can add tofu, spinach into her porr and he said ikan bilis powder is very good too!
He recommended that we get the ikan bilis from the provision shop, get the type without the head and the tummy cleaned, toast or panfried till very dry and then pound/ blend into very fine powder. Remember to check the ikan bilis before toasting/frying, some may not be totally cleaned up and also do not remove the bones in the ikan bilis cos that's the source of calcium for the bbs. When the powder is done, sprinkle some on bb's porr before serve. I have already given to Fybie and she loves it so much!!!

Recently, I was suffering from a bad backache, so I finally went to see a bonesetter yesterday... Realised that my lower back was slightly twisted, suspected the injury incurred during the car accident when I was in Philippines... Now still in pain but bearable...

ernestmum / hiroshima
i have emailed aquaducks. they can do a group trial for us if we have 6 mummies (MAX)
can you please let me know which dates are good for you (5 aug / 13 aug / 20 aug)
1. momoko - 5 / 13 / 20 all ok
2. momoko's friend
3. hiroshima
4. ernestmum
5. hippobab (u still keen)
can take in one more mummy!!! who wan to join us?? quick let me know so i can go and book with aquaducks. the earlier the better, so hopefully its 5 aug (sat)?

Can i join? How long is the lesson & where huh?

2. momoko's friend
3. hiroshima
4. ernestmum
6. Karen - considering...

sure karen, please let me know the dates u r available, the session is 30 minutes each at suntec city. one parent must accompany the baby...

Chin,

So u started on egg yolk..still hesitating for boy...he's more than 8 mths old liao..shd try..maybe after he reaches 9 mths..hehe

Boy keeps on saying "DD" recently..we think that it's Daddy..hahaha..hubby v happy..how come not mummy first..:p

LiewLian...the ikan bilis is salty or not..u take care of ur back.

2. momoko's friend
3. hiroshima (any date is fine)
4. ernestmum

waiting list : Summer (5/8/06)

Ahem, mummies, shall we make our pinic gathering on 29/7/06 (Sat). Hope this time round, can make it.

Picnic Gathering @ ECP Carpark F2

Date: 29 July
Time: 4.30pm

1) summer

Momoko,
I oso keen on aquaducks. Any date is ok. Let me know if can add me in? Thanks!

Aprilpinky,
My gal has been saying "Da da". Hb oso v happy say she calling him. So now I keep repeating "ma ma" and "Ma Mi" to her. Hope she can call me soon.
biggrin.gif

Summer,

Aiyah I'm not in S'pore on 29 July leh. Back on 30th. If in Aug I'm ok, else you all go ahead if majority ok with 29th.
kao_smile2.gif

for aquaducks
2. momoko's friend
4. ernestmum 5 aug
5. hippobab (u still keen?)

waiting list :
1. venus
2. Summer (5/8/06)
3. misch

skarly we can have 2 groups??? let me know so i can arrange with aquaducks.

summer it may be a good idea that we go for aquaducks and then followed by east coast on the same day? else difficult to have so many mummy free on the same weekend...

april, josh also keep saying 'pa pa' so sian i keep telling him 'ma ma' but he just look at me blankly and repeat 'pa pa'! faint!!! so i just tell hubby bcos pa pa easier to say hahaha

no one reply abt the yaolan thingy??
last nite i put josh to bed instead of yaolan. and pat him to sleep!!! took me 45 minutes before he decided to close his eyes and sleep!!! was blowing bubbles and laughing the whole 45 minutes until he was tired!!!
please teach me a faster way to make baby sleep on bed!!!

momoko

really dunno what to say abt yaolan cos justin sometimes still cranky when put him to bed.. like last nite,maid rock him in her arms and ended up he zzz in yaolan..

my way is to let him tell us when he wan to sleep..wat we did,put him on bed and stuff a milk bottle..hopefully he zzz

momoko,
Although my kids didn't sleep in yaolan but sometime it also take a long time for them to sleep. Here is what i do when Jaime sleep with me in the afternoon, I'll put a pillow on her side and I sleep on the other side, I used one of my hand to hold her leg (all this is to prevent her from flipping). Then I pretend to sleep. This method may have the same result as yours (i.e. take a while for bb to sleep) but think it will be a good start to let him get used to bed.

Summer,
Don't think I can make it on 29 Jul leh!

Liewlian,
How's your back? Did the bonesetter suggest any remedy?

baby first word,
I read somewhere that the first sound bb make are 'b','p','d' sound, so that's why most of the time bb tends to call daddy first. Jaime is very talkative, when on her own, she'll keep talking non-stop, so funny, next time must be very law sor.

for aquaducks
2. momoko's friend
4. ernestmum 5 aug

waiting list :
1. venus
2. Summer (5/8/06)
3. misch
4. Dili (any date)

Question:
Those of you still bf and latching on at night...
My girl doesn't sleep if I don't latch her on at night! I'm worried that falling asleep with milk is bad for her teeth *ahem, only two bottoms one now lah!* Anyone can help?

for aquaducks
2. momoko's friend
4. ernestmum 5 aug
6. Karen - any date ok for me too

waiting list :
1. venus
2. Summer (5/8/06)
3. misch
4. Dili (any date)

Momoko, can arrange 2 group a not so we can meet up?
We must go in the pool with bb right? Swimming wear needed?

Ckhoo- Just checked the posting.
Regarding SAHM, initially it can be quite daunting having to stay at home most of the time and the only human interaction is with a little babbling baby. At least for the first few months after stopping work.

Also, since have to rely on one person's income, all finances have to be worked out well and do think about how long you would like to be SAHM. For some, it's a year or two, for others it's ten years or longer so the financial groundwork has to be laid out with yr hubby.

That said, nothing beats raising yr child yrself and see the little one grow healthy and strong before your very eyes. Will be more attached to you too. I also find that the child's early years (0-10) are very impt in their devt. They have a better relationship with you too since you have been taking care of them.

Do think about it. It's rewarding but something has to be sacrificed along the way too... like compromise on the on-the-spur shopping treats and exp dinning (if you're into it). If that's settled, then you are on the way to becoming a SAHM. =) Good luck!

How about the rest of the SAHM? How are you all coping?

wow this is going to be fun..swimming den picnic..

momoko..
btw wat is the min age limit for the trial? i might ask my fren if she want to join or not..

i just emailed them about the possibility of having 2 groups together ok! waiting for their response.. let's tentatively fix 5 August first
for aquaducks
Group 1
1. momoko
2. momoko's friend
3. hiroshima
4. ernestmum
6. Karen

Group 2:
1. venus
2. Summer
3. misch
4. Dili

venus - age limit is 6 mths at least.
ok 2 more spots to fill up!

Summer
I am ok with the date (for now). But can bring forward the time to 4pm? Going to be lunar 7th month soon. Dun wan to bring Malc out till too late.

Picnic Gathering @ ECP Carpark F2

Date: 29 July
Time: 4.30pm

1) summer
2) Judy (lazyger)

momoko
Malc sleeps in the yaolan in the day. During night, after his night feed, I will let him sleep in his yaolan first. Before I go to sleep, I will transfer him to his cot. If you want to train him to sleep in his cot, you can try to transfer him to his cot each time he has fallen asleep in his yaolan. Hopefully, he will be willing to sleep in his cot soon.

So many babies have started to call 'papa', 'da da'. Mine says "Da! Da! Da!" (Big! Big! Big!) Like gambling like that!! LOL!! But he only says when he wants to. And he starts to say "Ang Goo" again. Alot of baby talk, dunno what say him.

I find Malc very stubborn. Whenever I teach him to wave goodbye, clap his hands, say "papa" or "mama", he will ignore me or smile at me or pull his hands away. Urgh!!

Ju,

Boy also refuses to learn how to wave bye bye..same loh..ignore me..keke..

He continues with his ah goo/gee as well...mum said "old" baby liao still ah goo like a 2 mth old..then he also loves to say "aiya"..kekeke...esp when he's frustrated..but dunno who taught him one..and also his "Aaaaaaaaaa"...but no "B" or "C"..kekekeke

Momo, boy will drink milk on the mattress and doze off on it every nite for his last feed so no need transfer.

momoko

All the while, my boi sleep inside yao lan during daytime and nite time, after his nightfeed, he will auto sleep inside his cot but these few days, he will keep flipping and turning inside his cot. pangzzz. Sometimes, after flipping for two hrs, he sleep but sometimes, when he dun sleep, I got no choice but to put him inside yaolan and then transfer him to cot. Take for eg: Today, I was out with Javier's the whole day and after drinking his milk, he fall asleep so no problem when he sleep inside cot.

Ju

u ok with momoko suggestion on 5 aug?? after the aquaduck classes, then go east coast park.

Back