(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

Ju,

Yes I mixed...no he hasnt tried them before but I thot spinach is quite difficult for bb to accept so I mixed it w the sweet carrot..hahahhaa...so far he has tried only fruit puree...apple, banana & papaya.

my mum feeds boy with Nestle brown rice cereal once a day plus milk in the morning..he loves it..

Eloz ladies..

here's a pic of our Family at Jack's Place today.. Our first Mother's Day dinner.. Yeah!
421576.jpg

Hmm... having so much problem weaning my boy! Once he sees the spoon, he tends to clam his mouth shut - at first I thought it is because he doesn'e like the cereal. I tried giving him pear, apple, carrot, sweet potato... puree but same thing, when he sees the spoon, he turn his head away. I thought he is not ready for solid yet but he keeps swallowing his saliva and seems very interested in what we are eating... *sign* guess I have to keep on trying and be patient. Anyone with the same problem???

Hi ladies..

Thk most of us have started introducing solids to our babies by now... good fun hor..

Aprilpinky - think our babies' taste buds will surprise us - I gave spinach puree (added to cereal) to Darion and he loves it. On the other, it took me a few attempts before he took to apple puree (which shld be nicer). So what may seem yucky to us may actually be ok with them.
happy.gif

Cel - your boy looks so grown up!! Like a 1 year old..not like a 6month old at all.

Ju - how do i make pea puree? Do i use the frozen ones?

I just came back yest from Ipoh. We drove up and took a bus back. Darion was good during most of the trip - in fact, he slept almost all the way. Only woke up twice for a short while in the bus. He was willing to settle down into his seat (in the bus) after he explored everything around him with his hands..
happy.gif
It was such a good trip that I am thinking of doing it again soon.

chinlee.. ya.. i tink the pic makes him look much older den 6mths old.. hmm.. izzit a gd or bad thing.. hehe..

anyway.. nw topic on solid food n puree ah.. i din give any puree.. juz mashed apples n orange.. heh.. but tis few days din coz he's sick.. but luckily he's getting well liao.. Tis few nites he has been waking up at 5am sharp.. duno y.. haiz.. so tired..

thanks hiroshima,

how's everyone,. have been missing quite a bit of posts recently cos these two weeks on leave and take care of joshua FULL TIME, not easy leh hahaha

talking abt solids. josh was doing fine on cereal and carrot / potato puree,. then MIl start to intro porridge last week. he was crying each time he sees porridge...wonder why??

Thanks, Ju and Hiroshima.
happy.gif

D is going to have peas this weekend..haha.

Just went to get some avacado just now.

By the way - do your babies snore? I notice that D snores in his sleep!!

momoko
could it be josh is not ready for porridge? I suppose porridge has stronger taste as compared to carrot and potato puree? Maybe he was overwhelmed by the taste? What type of porridge has ur MIL fed him?

How is the texture of the porridge? Similar to those of carrot/potato puree or lumpier? Maybe he has mastered the skill of swallowing lumpy food?

Did your MIL smile to him even though he doesn't want the porridge?? LOL!! This one I read from m4m forum one. Mummys there said must smile to them even though they refused to eat. It was said that if you keep frowning at them while feeding, they might dun like their meal times. LOL!!! But I think ur MIL won't frown lah... love him oso buah hu liao right? Hehe..

momoko
A lot of possibilities lor.... hope it helps.

Is there anyway to make Malc drink plain water? Malc refused to drink from bottle, only if I spoon feed him. But spoon feeding water is so slow. I tried to trick him into drinking water right before his milk. He just simply refused. Argh.... how? any suggestions?

Chinlee, ya will try to make boy some veg again..hehe...I tasted and dont like the taste also so I wasnt too optimistic when I fed him the spinach. Hehee..

Ah fat, nice blog too...

Ju, ever since I use the magic cup (, my boy v ok with drinking water. Will even take the bottle from the table to drink himself.

celtricia,
Sometime they can be quite sweet but sometimes, every word you tell them need to repeat 5-6 times until you vomit blood. Whenever my son make me angry, he will say "Mommy, I love you" or "Mommy, you are very pretty" or help me to take care of the gal to avoid canning.

Ju,
Jaime also very naughty. Now she refuse to open her mouth to eat the cereal; and very kapor somemore, always see here see there (drink milk also like that). If this goes on, I think I'll stop the cereal for a while and try again later.

ckhoo,
Think I have the same problem, initially my gal did take a bit of the cereal but now she refuse to open her mouth too. Maybe you might want to stop for a while and try later.

baby2005,
I am a little bit woried as my boy is about 6 mths 2 weeks old (he is born on Nov 2). He is still on 100% breastmilk. Read that babies might not get enough iron from milk when they are 6 mths and above. Hmm... am I worrying too much???

thanks ju, a lot lumpier than puree lor. i tried to mash more. my mil add carrot, fish, pork. i find it quite bland too. anyway josh slowly accepting, but cant eat much usually. so i top up with milk after that. well, when i feed, i keep praising him when he eats. whereas my MIL force open his mouth and dump the porridge in! can u imagine!!

ju, josh only drink water if he has hiccups. so usually i add a bit of gripe water to make it a bit sweeter. or sometimes a bit of glucose. all to entice him lah! and he drinks lots of water when eating porridge. i guess when compared to porridge, everything else just become tastier! haha

ju, by the way, if wan to give fluids, can also give barley water!

ckhoo, josh has the same problem initially. really dun take to solids as well as many other babies. he's also on 100% bm. dun worri, slowly he will accept...for me, he has finally accepted cereal and some other puree, but MIL force him to start porridge which makes him unhappy again. sigh!

ckhoo,
I'm also a bit worry for my gal too. She will be 6mths old tomorrow and only recently that she knows how to flip. Compare to my son, she seems to be slow in most of the motor skill except talking (babbling) and smiling. Even when it come to solid, my son is so greedy that he eat non-stop until at one stage I was so worried that he overeat and become obese but now (although still eat & eat) his weight is climbing so slowly that even a snail can climb faster. I got a feeling than my girl will be very different from my son. She seems to be easily distracted & playful and for my boy, food is always No.1. Is your boy seeing a PD? You might want to check with your dr.

Ju,
Like what momoko do, you can try to add a bit of gulcose to his water but not too much as it may cause him to have a sweet tooth.

momoko/baby2005
I have tried adding gripe water and also glucose to his water, unless it is really sweet, else he dun wan. Naughty, right? As for barley water, I notice he will have watery stool after having it, so trying to avoid for the time being.

Malc starts to baby talk. Very talkative. So cute!

I realised Malc's tooth MIA leh. So dunno false alarm or wat. But y'day mum also saw it leh. Then just now, my hubby tried to see if there is any, he pulled Malc's lower lip in a very rough manner. Malc was so angry at his daddy, he frown at him and scolded him so loudly for a few seconds. LOL!!!

baby2005, don't worry about Jaime. Different child develops differently. She might not be as fast in her motor skills but she might speak much earlier than her peers. As for the tongue thrusting, she might be imitating one of you or she might be cutting her first tooth and is feeling her tooth with her tongue.

momoko, MIL always think they know best... mine came over and stayed with us over the long weekend - insisted on cooking porridge for my boy and let him eat all sorts of things, incluing Ginseng! *sign* what to do, have to respect them, right?

By the way, has anyone sent your child to any classes yet? There are so many classes - shichida, Growing up Gifted, Kindermusik, Gymboree.... Please comment and advise, thanks!

hmm..i think porridge too fast for a 6 months old right? i was thinking of starting porridge only when my girl is 8months. For now, she's pretty happy with cereal.

chkhoo/momoko, I was testing out those baby biscuit(rusk) yesterday and mixing half a piece with milk, and Allyson loves it! I think more than the rice cereal in fact judging from her reaction. Maybe you might want to try that for variety also?

my problem is also with drinking water..now only spoon feeding her cos she simply refuse water when it comes in a bottle.

Aprilpinky, what is the brand of magic cup you are using? There's an isetan sale this thursday, will try to get and see if that will do the trick.

drinking water : we tried spoon feed and bottle feed and ended up my boi cough cos he drink too fast liao.. my colleague suggested melting rock sugar in water..he drinks but depends on his mood one..

porridge : momoko ...ur MIL too eager liao.. think we have to be slow and follow bb que

class : ckhoo..i sent my boi for a trial class at baby jumper gym..this is the link www.bjg.com.sg
slowly,intend to go for trial class 1st..before deciding which one for him..

Good morning ladies,
Re: Drinking water
This is what I did for my gal. Her milk feed is about 4hrs apart. So 2hrs after her milk I'll try to give her some water. Sometimes she drink a bit and sometimes more. For Jaime, usually she only take very short nap inbetween milk (abt half hour), so when she wakeup I'll also try to feed her water too. Don't know if this methods work for you but maybe you want to try.

Ladies,

Maybe you can try giving baby water in the training cups...I am using the Avent magic cup.(I got it free together with the Avent steriliser) Heard from my friend that the Pigeon one is also not bad.

Venus - try not to make the water sweet ...otherwise next time, Justin would only take sugared water...not good lah!!

water drinking ah. Orlando loves it frm spoon.. but hor.. we try to feed him water b4 milk.. when he's hungry.. so at least he drink some.. n after he woke up frm slp.. tis is the 2 times he drink most water.. but other den dat.. we try to make him drink water as n when lor..

So good, all your babies drink water without any problem. sigh...

I deposited Malc at my mum's last night. Just now she called, saying Malc didn't sleep through the night. Usually, he will sleep after his 7/8pm feed and will sleep till the next morning. But last night, he only slept at 1am+, then woke up at 4am+ (he didn't ask for milk) and woke up at 7am+. He started his baby talk and woke both my parents up. He refused to let my mum lie down (coz mum was hugging him while lying). Made a lot of noise until my mum decided to wake up. LOL!!

Think he isn't used to the bed and the environment. Mum said he keeps looking around. Hahaha....

Have uploaded some video of Malc's baby talk. http://mylazylifestyle.blogspot.com/2006/05/baby-talk.html

Ju - ha... he sure knows who to bully. BTW, I finally managed to spare time to read your blog, very interesting and I must say you are very hardworking, do lots of cooking, pei fu pei fu

Ju, same here.. Left Orlando wif my mum ytd morning, n he stayed over.. heard frm my mum tat he kept waking up thru out his slp.. n dun even wan any of them.. kept looking for me.. haiz.. usually, he would wan my dad.. but ytd.. his not even interested in my dad.. haiz..

Hi Ladies,
Can advise whether does your bb drink less milk after you have introduce cereal/solid? My bb is now either refusing or drinking less milk after introducing cereal and apple puree to him. He used to be able to drink 150-180ml every 6hrs. Now his total feeding is less than 500ml only.

Before my gal start solid she is already drinking less milk. She drinks between 90-150ml per feeds every 4hrs. And she only increase about 300g since last month (abt 7.2kg last month & now 7.5kg). I'm also quite worry but my hubby say shd be ok. Advice anyone?

hi Ling76,

my boy also dropped his milk intake. initially when i intro solids, no prob. i have maintained the same amt of solid intake, but for the past week, his appetite is v poor. i think if baby is still happy, no cause for concern..cos their weight gain shld taper off...imagine, if they are still gaining weight at the same rate, we will have v obese babies. rough rule of thumb is for baby's weight to triple by 1 year old.

Hi Chin,
Thanks. The rough rule you mentioned make me scare.
uhoh.gif

My bb birth weight is 2.7kgs, now at 5.5mths old his weight is almost 9kgs. He is not 1 year old yet but his weight already triple. Is he consider very obese? Can't image if he is able to drink more milk, then by 1 year old i dun think i can carry him anymore.

hello ladies,

bluelips, using pigeon brand magic cup. Good.

Boy never drops his milk intake..still 150 ml most of the time..for such a long time liao...but with cereal will be 60 ml with some cereal - first meal of the day.

Starting the follow-on enfapro today...his poo a little hard.

Oh yes, boy had his 6th mth jab on sat - 8.66 kg and 68.5 cm.

Ju, ur video is cute. hehe..

Boy v notti nowadays..always turned in his sarong even when he's sleepy...

Ling76 - woweee..that's an amazing weight gain! no wonder your baby is cutting milk intake..he knows he has to slow down lor... haha.
happy.gif

Morning ladies,

Ling76, if ur son's weight is considered obese, i tink for my son worst right.. hahaha.. so i tink there's no worries.. n moreover, Orlando's intake for milk is at 200ml nw.. haf been tis much since he was 4.5mths.. but luckily its not increasing at the moment..

Eloz ladies..

update update.. Orlando's weight n height as of today.. 10.2kg & 71cm.. nurse told my hubby dat Orlando is above average.. n asked wat we feed him.. hahaha.. but his not obese n overweight.. kekeke..

Back