(2005/09) Sept 2005 Babies

lysm, ur recipe sounds reaally good and simple, i think the meat can be marinated for a more tasty version!

ok rooster, i dun look forward to him talking anymore hehe. how's yr son's appetite today?

Hi all, long time nvr chat here.. hehe..

Winnie congrats wor... actually me oso preggie.. now planning for caretaker to look after new BB..

My girl is more on the quiet side so speech abit slow... But she is trying these days... but still simple words.. Yup can mimic yr words. My hb just exclaimed "Shit" then she oso say "shit" while playing her toys.. faint :p

Hi Lysm,

Ur recipe sounds good. But how long must we bake? I would like to try out one of the weekends....

Lynette,
His appetite is better these few days because i keep telling him that if he dun finish his meal the insects will come out and bite u. That time when he was having his meal he saw an insect so now i will use that to "threaten" him. So far it works.. hahaha....

Ling,
Congrats. So when are u due? How u manage to take care of the little one while u are pregnant. I wanted to give my son a sibling but i do not have the courage. I am worried that i am not able to cope alone. Sigh....

Hi Ling,

THanks....yup when is ur baby Due? same as mine?

My Zoey now able to say quite a lots of words....all body parts, number 1 to 10, A, B, C....cat dog....all those

Food....sometime if she don't like to eat the food....she will say she want to sleep.....and she always use the same old trick.....*faint*

hey gals, my boi will be due in oct :D mi wanted to give vel a sibling to play with ma.. hehe.. :D

Rooster, jz go for it... my hubby oso comes home late, 8pm. I preggie have to take train rush home to fetch vel from CC leh.. then have to handle her dinner etc... So now mi getting a maid.. hopefully can help out while hb not in etc :D

Hi all,

So my boi same as you all. Yesterday, he slept at 9.30pm wake up at 3.30am and only slept back at 5.30am. Then he still manage to wake up at 8am earlier than me, energetic and all. *Faint*

My son still only say single words. Anyone of your child speak sentences like 2 words or more? His pronunciation is way off too.

Ling,
Congrats! I would like to have a 2nd one too. Trying very hard nowadays. Am afraid of not being able to cope too but will think of that when the day comes. Now I will just concentrate on getting pregnant.

Rooster,
We moved him to his own room when he was around 7 months. We sleep trained him at the same time cos he tends to wake up every 1-2 hours in the night and want to suckle back to sleep.

At bedtime, I will wait for him to sleep first, then leave the room. Think it's easier to transfer him when they are young. Else they will be very reluctant.

I don't know when I will be going back permanently, but most probably we will just be posted to another country.

Eh, I think they have Autralia Women's Weekly cookbooks there, quite popular, maybe you can get 1 and try the recipes.

Hi all,

So my boi same as you all. Yesterday, he slept at 9.30pm wake up at 3.30am and only slept back at 5.30am. Then he still manage to wake up at 8am earlier than me, energetic and all. *Faint*

My son still only say single words. Anyone of your child speak sentences like 2 words or more? His pronunciation is way off too.

Ling,
Congrats! I would like to have a 2nd one too. Trying very hard nowadays. Am afraid of not being able to cope too but will think of that when the day comes. Now I will just concentrate on getting pregnant.

Rooster,
We moved him to his own room when he was around 7 months. We sleep trained him at the same time cos he tends to wake up every 1-2 hours in the night and want to suckle back to sleep.

At bedtime, I will wait for him to sleep first, then leave the room. Think it's easier to transfer him when they are young. Else they will be very reluctant.

I don't know when I will be going back permanently, but most probably we will just be posted to another country.

Eh, I think they have Autralia Women's Weekly cookbooks there, quite popular, maybe you can get 1 and try the recipes.

Rooster,
You can bake the pie at 200deg celcius for 30mins or until the top layer of potato turn golden brown (brush some butter/oil on top of the mashed potatoes so that it will comes out brown and crisp). Hope your son will like it.

Ling,
Congrats! How nice to have a girl and a boy
happy.gif
Me still no courage to go for 2nd one. I dont think i have the energy to stay up for night feeding....probably age catching up liao.

Hey all mummies,
Was wondering how you toilet train your tods when you bring them out? How long do you train them at home before you let them go diaper free outdoor?

Ling,
I pei fu you. Maybe i will go for the 2nd one end of the year. Not really prepared yet.

Elaine,
ACtually i am lazy to move him to another room. Too lazy to walk over in the middle of the nite when he is crying.

Posted to another country. Come to australia so that we can meet up.

Australia women cookbook... i didnt see before. If have i think most of the recipe is western food. My boi dun really like western food. He is very china man.

Lysm,
Thanks. I will give it a try and let u know.

So far, my boi is without diaper at home. But when he is out, he will have his diaper on. I think what u need is courage. You should try and train him. Remember to bring more clothings out when u want to bring him out without diaper.

Mummies,
Anyone kids self feed already?

Elaine: keep trying.. Jiayou.. :p must keep us posted of the good news :D

Lysm: night feed? hehe, me nvr tink abt that yet.. nw so many other problems to tink abt.. maid, new baby, $$ etc faint.. :p

Lysm,

My boy is without diapers at home but will wear diaper when he goes out too. He has not learn how to stand to pee. So I am wondering anyone of your child knows how to use the public toilet already?

If you want to start to potty train, it's best to limit the outdoor activities to a minimum. For me, boy takes 2 weeks for him to pee/poo at the potty. Before that, it's all accidents.

Winnie
Wow! Your gal is really speaking quite well. Any tips for me to teach boy too?

Anyone of your child are able to speak sentences already?

Rooster & Elaine,
Thanks. Actually, I've started to potty train my boy for a week now. He will stand to pee into the potty & poo in the toilet bowl. But he still doesn't really know how to express himself yet. I've to watch his behaviour & bring him to the toilet every now & then. Do yr boys know how to express themselves when they need to wee/poo?

Rooster,
I'm letting my boy eat on his own but with supervision. He cannot be left on his own yet.

Elaine,
My boy is able to speak in short sentences. For example, he can say: "mummy cut pear", "mummy washing dishes", "daddy go work", "don't want mummy hug doggie", "want to go out", etc.

My boy started his first word when he's 11mths, caught us by surprise, when one fine day he said the word raining. I guess communication is very important for early speech development. I talk, sing & read alot to my boy when he's very young, he may have pick up the language from there.

mummies... anyone of you feeding Enfragrow for your kiddo?? I have extra tins and wana sell it away... Anyone interested?? :p

Hello Mummies, the thread is now active again.

Self Feed
My Gal is eating on her own now, we only help to scoop the rice into her bowl. small portion . if I put all in, she will eat so quick like as if someone will snatch from her. and swallow without chewing/bite.

Qiute convenience that she is self feeding as we can go out for dinner and we just supervisor while eating our own dinner too

as she is drinking from cup so we sometime also don't bring bottle out for milk liao.

Talking
My gal is speaking in sentences like mummy come here, daddy sit down, mummy open door, mummy go home, thank you, etc

well, yesterday she said something that surprise me , .. she say " daddy be careful." when we were walking on sand (we went park)

We sing, read and talk to her (not baby language), we talk lot to her

we even start to reason thing out with her lately like if you stand on the Sofa, you will fall down and painful, and you will cry, do you want to pain pain and cry.. ? she will say no and she will sit down.

When she put her water bottle on the floor, we will ask her : do you still want to drink water? if she say no, then we will say : ok, put the bottle on the table, the ants will comes if you put on floor.. she will put the water bottle on the table.

Potty train.
This area we are a bit slow on that as I'm not so sure how to train her.
Any tip to guide me ?

lysm,
My boi knows how to express himself when he wants to pee and poo.

Talking
My boi also can speak in short sentences. He know how to read from A-Z except for Q, R, V, W and Z. As for 1-10, he is able to count now. We are teaching him in Chinese now. So far he only know 1-4 in mandarin.

coffeedrinker,
You need to be patience. Let her go without diaper when she is at home. Be prepared for the mess but i think this is the only way she will learn.

rooster,
I tried before to let her diaperless at home and she wet the floor and we reacted like : next time tell mummy if you want to go shh shh ok ? we did not scold her .
It goes on for 3 days and on the 4th day, she was taking her bath and she shh shh and she start cry and telling me , mummy floor wet, floor wet..

so I think she some how got a scare over the floor wet..

How should I response to her when she wet the floor? I scare her ?

lysm,

My boy will just say poo poo for both pee/poo. He does not know how to differentiate yet.

Rooster,
So you teach your boy to stand to pee from start? Don't know when I can teach him cos I am afraid he will be confused. He sit at the adult toilet bowl to poo, isn't it too big for him?

Coffeedrinker,
Maybe you just continue to remind her next time tell mummy. If she still cries the next few days, maybe just put the diapers on. Train again when she's more ready. I bought the book "potty train in 1 week" by Gina Ford, maybe you can borrow it from the library.

All mummies,
all your child so fast in speech development already, stress stress.
Rooster,
how you teach alphabets? he repeat after you? Boi can only repeat after me in numbers from 1-5/6.

coffeedrinker,
You should tell him the consequences. At the start, i also tell my son that if he dun tell me that u want to pee, this is the result.... wet wet... let him have a feel of it. I even bring him to downstair without diaper and if he pees without telling him... he will have his shoes wet and we need to go home now.

Elaine,
Dun be stress. Every child development is different. I will teach him those letters or numberings slowly. Eg, let him learn ABC, 123 first... if he is familiar with that, then slowly proceed on.

Sometimes, I will point to his clothing and ask wat is this letter or number. Point to the road sign or anythings that u come across. Ask him instead of telling him. Go and buy those fridge magnets (numberings), ask him to bring to u No 1, 2 etc... slowly he will learn and recognise those letters and numberings.

Hi mummies, long time never chat liao.. hahaha..
happy.gif
hv been busy cos gg to join my hb early next mth so hv plenty of things to get ready & pack..

Ling,
Congrats! Wow, u very efficient leh!
happy.gif
Me dun hv the courage to have 2nd baby yet, probably next yr when everything settle now lor..

Fussy eater
My boi is a real fussy eater, he dun like everything but lucky he drinks plenty of water.. Bring him out can only gave him fish ball noodles cos that is the only food he likes.. oh forgotten, he loves french fries a lot, sigh..
sad.gif

Potty train
I have yet to train my boi, planning to train him aft we joined my hb overseas.. actually i was fear to think of potty training him, dunno how to start & scared of the mess he will make too, sigh..
sad.gif

Speech
My boi can't really talk yet, jus some single words but he does blabber a lot.. i sing & talk to him a lot but think he's more to the quiet type so dun really like to parrot my speech..

Hi jessica,
So are you prepared to go over now? How long will u be there? So must be very happy now? If i am not wrong, u will be going to taiwan rite? Nice place...

I am just like u. Dun have the courange to have 2nd baby yet. But will defintely give my boi a mei mei or di di. If not he will be too lonely.

i feel amazed as i read about the progress of all our sons and daughters... they are learning so much and so fast! i feel blessed that i have this chance to witness

Let us be reminded to enjoy their growing up process(despite the inevitable tantrums!!)

Hi...came by this thread by accident...but was glad of it...my son is approaching 2 in sep...& yes ..its wonderful to witness those developments

talking - already started expressing anger & wishes in bits and pieces.

potty-train - does not even want to pee in the potty. Do not really know how to start because I only took care of him on weekday nights & weekends. Tried taking off diapers but end up clearing mess...so tiring.

food - fussy...does not like vege..dunno what to do

congrats Ling on your 2nd baby...

rooster
i understand that u are in australia? which part of AU are u in? i will be migrating to MEL or SYD next yr with my hubby and 2 yr old son... hope to get to knw some s'poreans there b4 going over... can u PM me? thanks. btw, my son also super fussy eater
sad.gif

Thanks Rachel...

Im starting my girl on toilet training... I must monitor her drinking and peeing pattern and always remind her to go toilet... Since she doesnt like potty, i bring her to the toilet to squat at the bathing area... 90% ok... But if nvr remind, 50% she stil will pee whenever she is.. :p needs alot of patience... btw, Im oso FTWM.. btw, where are you staying :D

Hey Racheal, my girl is able to inform us she is going to "shh shh".. hmm, tink ard 1mth training during wkns and wkday nites only...

Guess you should try :D

Im staying at CCK wor...

Hi Mommies,

Have been disappeared fm this thread for a period of time, how's all of you? Any special things to share?
happy.gif
How all of u celebrated your babies 2nd birthday? Any gathering or photos to share?

We were still in Taiwan with my hubby, guess will only be back December. We were doing fine but surprising i lose weight, hahaha..
happy.gif

Btw, Ling, have u given birth to your 2nd child? If i'm not mistaken, u mentioned will be giving birth on October, rite? Hope everything fine at your side, able to manage?

Ok, hope to hear from all of you very soon! Sayonara..
happy.gif

hi starling and jessica, yup due in oct leh, edd 22 oct.. mi now resting at home.. waiting to pop hehe

How is everyone doing?

Jessica, yup, celebrated my girl's bday at home... my frn is the photographer (cos me no time to take pix)... will show some pix when I get it from her.. :p how abt yours??

hi lynette

mi popped lo.. my boi is 1month plus le.. hehe.. still adjusting.. my maid looking after boi while i look after my 2yr old gal... she will get jealous sometimes...

How u now? :D

Hello mummies

Can I join in this thread too?I also have a boy born in 22 Sept 05. Any of you gave birth to more than 4 kg baby . My boy was born at 4.17kg at birth but now lost so much weight. He weighs abt 15kg now.

Hi fatmama,

My boy is also born on 22 Sep 05
kao_smile.gif
...Are u a SAHM or FTWM? This thread is so quiet liao...anyway, MERRY XMAS in advance to everyone...
kao_cheers.gif

Hi pangpang

Really ar? Which hospital did you give birth? My son was delivered at KKH in the morning. I am a SAHM. How abt you?Where are you staying?Maybe someday we can meet up to let our boys get together. Wat do you say?

Hi fatmama,

Happy New Year....me gave birth at TMC in the afternoon..
kao_wink.gif
...me FTWM...wah u take care of ur son 24/7, i tink i will go crazy if i dun work..hehe..staying at Woodlands, how abt u? Sure can arrange meet up n let the boys get to know each other someday...By the way, r u on MSN? Easier to chat there lor..keke

Hi pangpang

Happi New Year to you too. So my boy is elder lor...infact I have another 5 yo son who is in the childcare so not so bad looking after my younger son. I am staying at Jurong West sometimes I will bring my younger son to causeway point jalan jalan there. Jurong West to Woodlands is not too far so can meet you someday when u r not working lor.Sori dont have MSN but If you want can pm you my hp no so that we can contact each other.

Hi fatmama,

Wah..so u r a mother of 2 boys..me only have 1 hor wanna faintz liao..mine is very active n notti boi..keke
kao_sticktongue.gif
...planning to send him to 1/2 day childcare in Mar so that my mum can take a break..u sending ur younger one to any playgrp soon? then u can take a break also..haha..okie u pm me ur hp no. hor so we can keep in contact...hope we have a chance to meet up..hehe

Back