(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

skippy,
aiyo.. that must be very painful.
My 2nd day in hospital, my nipple also sore & slightly cut, due to poor latching.
Came back home, can't latch, just try to pump, & meanwhile giving FM.

Wow.. 37wks already 3.5kg, imagine if like me, overdue 4 days, may hit 4kg leh... :p

yes, upon discharge, Kecia also lost a 200g. PD say its normal.

Wendy,
Certain nights, Keyon will also suddenly scream very loudly.
Like he got nightmare, & could be 2-3 times per night.
Now he started getting naughtier & always wan his ways...
at times, I do beat him with my hands.. dunno am I the cause or not..:p

Wow, your 'stop' or 'wait' veli powerful...

Aidanee..
dun worry, baby still gain weight even at last 2 wks.
Its very hard to rest with no.1 ... get your hubby to 'jagar' Cayden for the time being?
cos when baby is out, u'll be back to the 'no-more sleep' period...

chk with u all,
is it normal for a 3wks old baby to have constipation? Today 4th day liao & Kecia still no sign of poo... I called up PD, he say give Glucose water, & if still no sign, see him next mon. Aiyo, by next mon, will be 1wk!

applejuz
the other time isaac 5m no poo for 11 days.
when he was 1 wk old, he didn't poo at all for the first 3 days at home. apparently coz he was jaundiced & kept sleeping & didn't eat enuf. During PD chkup, he kena bullet & all the black poo came out.
i think if PD advise u to go on Mon, then shld be ok la. In the meantime pray that she will poo over the weekend.

at first i thought i am the Ku3 Ming4 one.....got to wait up and pacify son in the night......so i am not alone. I kept wondering if there is anything wrong with my son?!!!!!!! or my "parenting" style? I am falling apart soon. Hubby not in town...Maid n Cayden not sooooooo friend yet that she can handle in the mid of night. So my mom is coming over to stay over till my hb returns next week. at least i get some rest. will be taking leave next week to rest at home.

skippy,
wah, ur labour was v fast. hehe... 4 me, it's d same aso. when i was in my 38 wks, my gynae said tt my boy is oni 2.9kg. who noes when he came out, he was 3.94kg. *faint*

triniti,
yummy... i love mao shan wang durians aso... i always pester hb 2 buy 4 me. bt i m banned these days liao. haiz...

wendy,
hw come u eat durians oni once a yr? i can't resist them at all. re. waking up in d nite, u r nt d oni 1. my boy does tt 2. bt i attributed it 2 him playing 2 much b4 his bedtime. coz sometimes hb comes hm late & my boy wans 2 play wif him.

triniti
paiseh, until now then i saw your post.
i read abt nightmares & night terrors, dat's why i'm thinking how could it be that he has nightmares every night?

his eyes remain closed even after husband or i go in. He'll be thrashing or rolling around in bed, as tho trying to make himself comfortable, but crying at the same time. If he's awake he will verbalise his wants, eg 'mama make milk', or 'come down' or 'go outside'.

see tonight how ah... every evening i pray for peace...

vone
last time husband used to play rough with him b4 bedtime, but he's already toned down. Now after bath, he only gets songs/ book, then milk, then zzz.
re: durian once a year
>> coz durians heaty & hi sugar content, so limit myself lor. husband gets heaty easily while i get fat easily. kekekeke

wendy,
sounds like isaac is hving nitemares leh. oic. bt even though durians r heaty & makes me fat, i dun care. hehe... they r 2 nice 2 resist.
happy.gif

aidanee,
hey, ernest did the same too...esplly the few days b4 the birth of Kyrell...dunno whether is tis the symptom? now Ernest is okae...but really really headache during the few days b4 i go into labor... sooooo cranky...want to slp on my tummy...noon time dun wan to nap, want to nap on my tummy also...aiyo..then nite time till mid nite also dun want to go back to his room to ZZzz even tho he was very slpy...

Hi all,

I'm back from Shanghai! This 2nd pregnancy makes me very, very tired every day. Clarence seems to be super 'sticky' since my trip. These days, he would grab me and refuse to let go whenever I'm home.

Skippy, my EDD is 24th Feb 08 lah... still a long way to go. Heheheh...

Anyway, happy birthday to all the little ones! Clarence just had his on Wed but this bad mummy forgot to buy him a birthday cake. Heheheh... luckily he is only 2 now and doesn't know how to be angry with me
happy.gif

hi mummies,
Thanks for your advice.
happy.gif
My gal finally poo last night!
Yellowish 'mustard' oozing out, and tat's 4-days of qty. haha.
So relieve, for once i tot poo smells great.. hee hee.

Annisa,
Welcome back
happy.gif
So u past ur 1st trimester oredi?
Happy Belated BIrthday to Clarence.

hi anissa, looks like Clarence is experiencing separation anxiety.. zephan is quite oblivious still to my hb's trips, happily saying bye bye at the airport each time..

talk abt travelling.. the other day my sup asked me whether i'm keen to travel on trips. In my line and level of seniority (or lack of it), it's almost impossible to go on working trips so it's like striking lottery when u get to go. Before Zephan, i'd rush to say yes, but now, he'll be at the back of my mind. it's like i wont be able to go with total peace of mind..

so has Clarence started the childcare already? Zephan also didn't get a birthday cake, so not to worry.. hehe..

re: nightmares
i find that Zephan tends to get a bit delirious when he goes into overdrive in the evening. he'll over react at the slightest things, like laugh loudly at anything. adults tend to misinterpret and be eager to make him laugh more. on those nights i notice zephan would tend to wake up more often. so i try to limit such things. makes me look and feel like a spoilsport, but they're not the ones to wake up in the middle of the night to pacify him!

wendyg ...

thanks!

re: waking up at night

yc is still zzzing with me and he is so horrible, he will purposely make me hug him (even if i try to sneak away, he will pull ny hand back to the postion that he wants) or he will use his leg to 'trap' me and he is always waking up in the middle of the night crying - dunno for what some more *sianz*

ting ting>> thats what the older folks called - hum bing when the child play too much just before they zzzz ... they will keep waking up crying. I totally believe in that!!

Hi mummies

re: waking up at night

glad to know i'm not the only sleepless one here hehe my girl also makes noise every night..either moaning, groaning, whining, crying, laughing, talking in her sleep etc. one night a few times. Somemore i'm a very light sleeper who doesn't fall into deep sleep easily, plus now preggy, bb no.2 kick and kick whole night, wah piang, every night i get about 2-3hours of undisturbed sleep only.

Also, we bought her a toddler bed, but she refuses to sleep in it, only want to sleep with mummy. So after she falls asleep, i carry her to the bed, but she will wake up in the middle of the night and whine/cry to sleep with me. so now 31weeks pregnant mummy sleeping on the mattress on the floor beside her bed every night..sigh..

She's super sticky. Doesn't want to sleep with daddy. So on certain nights when daddy sleep with her on the mattress, if she wakes up and sees its daddy, she will cry and run to our room (connected) and wake me up. What's more, daddy sleeps like a pig..my girl cry/whine etc in the night, my hubby continue snoring away. So i have to get out of bed in the other room, walk over and pacify her still. So might as well i sleep with her every night...siiiighhhhhhh..

any suggestions welcomed.. furthermore i've been having a cough on and off, almost 4 months liao. think so hard to recover cause not enough rest. Bleah

I'm a mummy
I found my soulmate!!!!!! THis is exactly what is happening to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am at 36 weeks into 37weeks. Can u imagine a big seal lying on the mattress on the floor? It hurts everytime i try to get up and return to my big bed! And before i have a good 2-3 hours sleep, our dear fren starts another round of episode when he cannot "feel" me in the room!

poor seal...
i think all these frequent night wakings are due to bad habits formed - lack of sleep training? If let them cry it out when they're younger, then now no need to suffer so much?

last evening went to kids' party & isaac was still playing basketball @ 8pm which is his regular bedtime. I was so fearful that he wouldn't sleep well coz he was rubbing eyes & having fun at the same time. Lo & behold, he only made noise once at 1am - husband threatened to beat him, then he quietly went back to sleep. But then again, he was sleeping in our room with the aircon on (coz incense burning last night).

hi aidanee, I'm a mum,
Got to try to let them cry abit and get used to sleeping with daddy leh.. else next time diff to latch on in the night time with bb... that's what happened to me... Still remember asking dressaholic how she managed and learnt that chloe sleep like a log! *envy envy*

Hi aidanee,

haa! ya lor, so funny right, feel like a beached whale on the mattress keke i think its the smell of mummy, more than the feel..was telling hubby maybe we should do an experiment.. i pass him one of my worn t-shirts for him to wear to sleep so got my smell on him hee hee

Hi wendyg,

I think its more likely because my girl has always been sleeping with us in the same room, i only moved her into her own room about 3 months ago when she was 20/21months, so she's probably not used to sleeping by herself yet..sigh, think for baby no. 2, must move her to the other room much much earlier..

Hi everyone
re : nightmare at night
My bb makes noise when he's dreaming. If nightmare, I'll give him ba bao shang from yu ren sheng. seems to help.

re : toilet training
I find bjorn potty very good, fits comfortably for bb bottom. My bb got trained for poo because of constipation. As soon as he cried cos stomachache, we put him on the potty. So blessing in disguise. As for wee, I'm also very fortunate - he picks up real fast. Two things he's fast - weight/height gain and toilet training. The rest slow. haha

re : who's pregnant again?
you ladies know each other, means seen each other? Which mummy is preggie or just delivered, I'm lost. Someone can enlighten? Congrats to all mummies - preggie/delivered!

Re: waking up at night
My hb is finally back! BUT....it was a terror last night. My boy was excited that daddy's home that he insisted on sleeping with daddy n mummy...and want BOTh of us to pat him! We moved him to his room after he fell asleep. Then at 4am, he started looking for mummy. Daddy went over to pacify him for 10 mins, but he was still moaning away....i want mummy, i want mummy....in the end, my hb carried him over and placed him between us. He slept. Then he woke up and asked me to make milk. wow biang!!!!! after drinking 120ml, he asked more more! i refused to give cos i din want this to become a habit. Finally at 5am, he dozed off to his dreamland till 8,30am! he has never been like that till last 2 weeks. is he going thru a growth spurt at this stage? Or could he have sensed that bb is coming?

anyway we have decided to put him at my mom's place overnight for 2 weeks after my delivery, but he will meet didi in the evening.....he seems happier with ah ma's undivided attention!

aidanee,
i heard some old folks say that #1 will sense #2 coming and will be temperamental... i dunno true or not. But Keyon became more attention seeking & more 'cry-big-baby' ever since i got preg. *haiz*

hei.. weather cool cool, good for confinement. :p
so those planning #2, can aim this season...
happy.gif

cakey,
ya.. time flies, so fast BB will be full mth next Monday.Will be holding just a simple buffet at my house this weekend.
But then hor, my house like everything not ready for bb. cos been staying at my mum's plc. Bath items, milk powder, diapers, clothes etc. gotta bring over. Even my breast pump... aiyo.

Ok I need to share this amazing news to the mummies. Anton can read chinese characters! The teacher showed him the characters and he can read all of them! He can read long (dragon), nong chang (farm) followed by eieio, ya chi ( teeth), mao( cat) and 1 to 7 in mandarin characters.

Pretty amazing( at least to me) and he is also counting numbers as he do the housechores at home in both Mandarin and English.

re:waking up in the middle of the night
I really admire mummies who tends to their kids in the middle of the night esp the preggie ones. I usually ignore him unless he gets louder and louder cos I am too tired to like 'entertain' him. He used to do it during my first trimester but not so much now. However, I think its best to let them learn to sleep in their own room so they will learn how to self-soothe instead of relying on us to soothe them...but I am the 'cruel' mummy hee

wow triniti, that's great! have u been teaching him chinese? have to share your secret with us!

what household chores do u let him do? zephan counts while he is in lifts or when he sees car plate numbers. despite him being able to say 1-10 in english n mandarin, i notice he tends to say in english when not prompted otherwise.

tingting
Oh the JG classes uses those mandarin flashcards ( but they dun flash the cards, they just repeat the same words everytime)

Anton loves to do housechores esp mopping, and vacuum cleaning. He helps my maid by pushing the vacuum cleaner and the pail of the mop. He will also use the magic clean to 'pretend' to help...Initially, he would say it in English but recently, he began saying in mandarin too. He can say from 1-10 but sometimes he will stop around 7. haha

I actually have mandarin flashcards at home and occasionally, I will do it with him. I really didn't know that it would ever register cos he dun seem that keen in it. Maybe I should try the English ones as well...I also try to speak mandarin with the right intonation ( like those Chinese teachers from China with high pitch) so he learn the right form of spoken mandarin. I really accentuate the intonation. Now when you ask him whats his name, he can say Anton. When you ask him his age, he can say 2. But he has not learn to say his name and age in Mandarin. Though he can say xie xie laoshi and stuff. But the teacher in his class is very good. Every morning will encourage to talk and introduce themselves in front of the class, like: wo shi ___, da jia zao an.

Hee Anton has yet learnt to say the full sentence yet, he is quite bashful when being asked to talk in front of the whole class. He just said, wo shi_____ and started looking bashful...hehe

haha... so cute.. i've begun to read chinese books to zephan some time back, hope he can absorb some. i actually use the san1 zi4 jing1. think he likes it cos the phrases rhyme. helps that the texts come with hanyu pinyin so i dunnid to dig up the dictionary to know the actual intonation!

tingting
I dun even know what san zi jing is about. Its like every 3 words and form like a poem??Though I have heard about it. But I know of parents who read tang poems hehe...

I don't need anton to be a Chinese expert...as long he understand and can speak correctly, unlike most Singaporean chinese...I am happy..

yah, it's like a poem, 3 words form 1 phrase, sort of. i'm reading it for word recognition purpose, not for him to understand the meaning, at least not now.. :p exposing them to chinese characters from young will eliminate some of the learning phobia later on...

bounce.gif
<font color="ff0000">ANNOUNCING....</font>
bounce.gif

Mr Cayven, #2 of Aidanee, didi of Cayden..
emerged via unscheduled c-section this morning (on the eve of gorgor's 2nd bday), weighing a hefty 2.93kg....
currently at Mt E, but mummy needs to rest so no visitors for the moment.

wendyg
Wow, she was just smsing me yday that she might have an earlier c-section schedule on Sat and I think the bb can't wait to see the mummy!!Hee congrats!!

his grandparents wanted him out on 6th
his mummy wanted him out on 1st
but he had to show everyone that he wants OUT on the 31st...
i told her this one has his own mind abt how things will be done... kekekeke.

hi mummies

gathered that some of your 2yo are already in cc or playgroup of sorts..... i sent mine to cc this morning.... wah...cry non stop.....heart very pain leh.... supposed to go for the whole day, in the end, left after 2 hours!!!..... what should i do?.... should i stay with him in the cc, hide somewhere to watch him or should i just go off & let him stay there on his own?.... any advice to offer pls? ....

isaac fussed 10.30pm again... eyes shut, kicking bed rail, tossing turning. I went in, made sure he was positioned ok, made sure fan was directed at him & he wasn't sweaty etc... i tried to comfort him but he wouldn't hv any of it. Based on past experience, he screams even more if i sing or tell him a story. So i shut the door and went about my chores... 10min later no more sound - he went back to sleep.
Now... for me to convince husband to let him settle back to sleep on his own.. only 10min, not too long huh.

almcaleb
every child is diffrnt.. my boy cried v hard when he couldn't come with us, but he was successfully distracted by food - the teacher was very bright & offered him raisins... she became his fav teacher
happy.gif
. So when he gets dropped off @ the cc, he would still cry a bit, but soon he'll just follow her around like a good puppy. Quite funny to observe.

However for my friend's girl, she grouched thru the half-day session & didn't want to join in the activities & the teachers didn't bother to engage her. When my friend went to pick her up, she was scowling as tho to say "WHY DID U LEAVE ME HERE!" In the end, my friend's opinion was that since she didn't enjoy herself during the trial period, she'll delay sending her girl to childcare until she gets older.

Some kids with less separation anxiety wun cry when left at the cc.. some kids do. If u want to watch his behaviour @ the cc & how teachers take care of him etc, i suggest that u hide somewhere and make sure he doesn't c u, o'wise he'll get even more worked up - how come mummy is purposely keeping her distance & doesn't come to get me even tho i'm in distress...
Alternatively just leave your boy with the teachers & get an update fr them when u pick him up. Give them your contact tel, if they need to call u they will, but i doubt so.
For us, unfortunately sometimes we resorted to sneaking out of the ctr when my boy was busy eating & had his back turned to us. But we identified that as a less traumatising way for everyone. Even now in the mornings when i leave for work, it's best that he's not in the living room, o'wise he'll raise a ruckus. He's not like other kids who can nicely bid goodbye.. recently we managed to get him to say "bye" to my folks when they're going back for the day, but sometimes he still whines a bit "Dowan gongong go home", no matter how much we explain to him that gongong goes back to eat dinner, bathe, sleep...

Hi almcaleb,

Oh now, must have been very Xin Teng for you to hear him crying. I'm sending my girl next tuesday to half day cc/playschool, keeping my fingers crossed. What did you do in that 2 hours when he was crying? sit there and listen ah? the principal told me i can wait in the office, first 3 days let her stay for about 1-2 hours only, then gradually increase the length. How ah? i'm worried i cannot tahan her crying, somemore now i'm pregnant, even more emotional
sad.gif
the principal was telling me, if i really cannot tahan, i should go off and let the teachers do their stuff cause they are trained to handle this type of situation, and they would call me if anything..but dunno if i can or not.. stay or go, both ways will also feel lousy right? let us know how it goes for you on monday ya?

re: night waking
nowadays my boy doesn't scream at night.. middle of the night he walks into my room and climbs into my bed & goes right back to sleep.
how???

Wendyg - let him be loh! Unless that night you need the privacy..... I think it's really nice, no screaming, just wants to cuddle up and sleep beside you. Let him enjoy mummy's love and the security mummy provides.

but i can't sleep properly coz he'll be turning 360 degrees the whole night.. sometimes his elbows jabbing me, sometimes his feet...
and i thought the whole idea was to discourage co-sleeping.... since 2m he was sleeping in his own cot in his own rm... only on warm nights do we turn on the aircon and he gets to sleep with us

congrats to Aidanee! Hope to see Cayven's picture soon!

we train zephan to say "bye bye" to everything he is leaving, e.g. playground, toy, dog, pple.. So now he knows "bye bye" is to leave, and we explain further that he'll come back to them again. Maybe this helped explain partly why he doesn't cry at childcare centre.

wendy,

perhaps isaac has tasted the "sweet fruit" of co-sleeping with parents.. thought he was on the multi-layer mattress bed? how did he manage to climb down? u may want to train him to sleep in his own room at all times, n switch on the air con in his room on warm nights. At 1 time we gave in to zephan a bit by staying in his room until he sleeps, but he became increasingly demanding and was more difficult to fall asleep, and expected us to be around when he wakes up in the middle of the night. One day finally had enough n re-started sleep training. Now peace is restored.
happy.gif

tingting
he climbs down anyway! so we took out 1 layer, now same height as regular beds, less accident prone.
i think we try to save electriciy by having only 1 aircon on and all 3 of us in the same rm.
cannot hv sleep trng coz hsbnd cannot take the crying, even for only 10min. He will rush in at the first sound.

v sian... perpetual problm.

wendy

pick a day to distract hb away. can offer ben to invite him over to play games.. haha... prob w having isaac over in ur room on some nights is he learns it is possible to sleep with mummy n daddy.

if not possible to sleep train, maybe leave a mattress on the floor in ur room, so that isaac will sleep on the mattress instead of crowding ur bed?

RE : Roseola (or fake measles)
are these spots all over the body and does not disappear when you apply pressure on them? Do you bring your child back to the doctor when it happened? DS is now having rashes all over his body and he had high fever since Thurs afternoon. Fever more or less subsided today. When we saw the doctor on friday, she said he got viral infection. So now wondering what's causing the rashes and if I should bring him back to the doctor tomorrow. Any advice?

Yah, terok if not enough sleep cos of his turn and toss, esp if got to work the next day. Agreed with tingting. let him sleep on the mattress on the floor. I did that with my children. From experience of my first two kids, 1-2 yrs b4 p1, they'll sleep in their own room throughout the night, no disturbance at all! Time pass very fast, they'll sleep in their own room very soon...unless the second or third one comes along.

Back