(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

hey cat_tail,

i had the same problem with my son - must carry + walk walk, then he sleep... maybe it's a phase? i had to do it *everytime* before he'd sleep... now when it's about time for nap, i'll put him down with the mobile and he'll just fall asleep on his own... of cos there're times when he's just plain fussy, then bo bian, carry for a while...

or maybe she's just not ready for a nap yet? then chit chat or sing song with her for a while - when she starts to yawn then put her down? just my $0.02 worth...
happy.gif

tennyson:
i weigh my bb every week. Very kan cheong to know that she's thriving and putting on weight.. I use a normal digital weighing mach carrying her and then minus off my weight.

hi cat tail,
i use the sling only during day time, when he wants to be carried n refuses to sit / sleep by himself. usually after carrying him in the sarong for a while he'll go to sleep, then i'll try to remove him from sarong n put in cot. quite nervous everytime cos if he wakes up then got to carry all over again. so sometimes i just let him stay inside if it's going to be the next feed soon...

Hi all,

Re: Sleeping
My boy now can sleep from 9pm ~ 2am.. highest record up to 4am! but only once lah & provided the 9pm feed is very filling. Last night after the 2am feed, he wakes up every 1-2hrs, & I fed him each time until this morning, he vomits lots of milk. aiya, later realise actually he got wind in him tummy. me bad mummy, din faithfully burp him, so tired, pat a while then put him back to cot..
sad.gif

Baby Haircut:
May I know where i can get a nice haircut for my boy. He's 2 mths now, lots of hair, dun wan to shave botak, just a nice trimming. Oh, I'm staying in the west. Anyone know of experience hairdresser who's 'steady' with babies? :p

hey snoopy,
I'm interested in the Friso too, if musicgal didn't take from you.

Mummies who are working
anyone looking forward to going back to work? I am, cos getting depressed over the loneliness at home. My maternity leave will end on 9 Nov but I was supposed to continue with my own 3-wk annual leave after that. I'm now considering going back earlier.

Hi musicgal,
Let's hope it's just a passing phase for us. I can see tat my gal is tired but she just wants somebody to carry her then can sleep well. If I put her down, she automatic wakes up. And before she cries badly, I have to quickly pick her up, rock her to sleep & put her to cot again & again until she finally rest. I even try to leave her alone & cry, hoping she will just get tired & sleep eventually. But alas, it makes the thing worst! She can cry until her whole mouth shivers for 1/2 hr & I take even longer time to calm her down to sleep. Stress...

Seems like u have establish a schedule for your baby rite? I am trying very hard to set one before I go back to work.

Hi tingting,
I could deeply understand tat kind of nervous feelings. Urrgghh....

Ok cookies,
The latest update of my baby's longest nite sleep record is 8 hrs. Yoohoo...

any of u lost all that weight already? i am back at work already, v bored at home. so decided to go back early and take the 3rd mth as and when i like it

Hi ixwong,
Me too! A bit tired staying at home all day long. Not tat I dun miss my gal but I need a little balance of my life between work & family. I oso taken 3 weeks extra annual leave, but already plan to come back early.

RE: Maid
Hi mummies,
Anyone getting a maid to take care of your baby while working?

Hi cattail

i got a maid.. she is quite good so i put her at my mil place. but after reading todays paper on a maid commit suicide bringing the master's bb.. i a bit scared.. will jagah even more

ixwong, i m back at wk oledi coz i take oni 2 mths ML. dun really look 4ward 2 wking, but no choice. haiz...

tulip, yup, i lost d weight which i put on oledi, except tat my tummy is still a bit flabby. now trying 2 lose more coz i put on quite a fair bit after marriage.

mummies who take d 3 mth ML as & when u like, take note tat u hv 2 clear it within 6 mths fr d date which u give birth. if not, ur co. have d rite 2 forfeit it.

cat_tail, yup, me got a maid 2 look after my boy when i m wking.

tingting/cookies/i need milk

strongly recommend mamy poko because the absorbant is good and don't leak easily. i used pampers premium S size and always leak which i don't understand why... another reason is mamy poko is still cheaper than pampers premium...

musicgal, how do you want to collect the Friso? We can meet for lunch one day?

ixwong, you are next on the list if musicgal changes her mind. Do come out if you are bored at home. We can meet for lunch/tea.

To all mummies that are bored at home, let's meet up for lunch/tea? Think I have 2 mummies already, cat_tail and ixwong! vone and I have been meeting up with our babies for lunch before she went back to work. So let's plan something!

Hi ixwong, cat_tail,
Me also starting work on 10 Nov. Now trying to get some new working clothes. those in my wardrobe cannot wear liao, gota upgrade from S -> M *sob sob*, btw, can we rebond our hair if still BF?

Hi tulip & vone,
I also got extra flabs on my tummy, any way to reduce? Any good firming cream? So tempted to go slimming centre, see those celebrities regain so fast...but dun wish to spend so much..

hi snoopy,
i'm definitely game for a meet up! where shall we meet? town?
happy.gif

talking abt being bored at home! i still have about 4 more months to go, and also considering going back to work earlier, though i know he can only get more fun to be with as time goes by...

re: clothes
i also cannot fit into my tops liao... haiz.. waist still needs to trim down a bit.. flabby also.. think i still have 3 kg more to go..

snoopy, if u gals r mtg on wkends, do let me noe aso.
happy.gif

applejuz, me had 2 go & buy new clothes coz my old 1s can't fit me. flabby tummy...
sad.gif
yup, u can rebond ur hair when u r bf, me went 2 perm mine.
happy.gif
i aso headache, dun noe how 2 reduce. m tinking of getting clarins's firming cream, but scared tat it'll affect my bm. i m aso tempted 2 go 2 d slimming centres, but no budget.

re: baby hair cut
Hi Applejuz, if you want to cut your bb's hair and make them into calligraphy brush you can call this person up.
Her name is cherlee
Her hp is 91262457
She can help you to use the hair to make into calligraphy brush with a free hair cut and a certificate. But, I am not too sure of her skills cos' i cut my bb gal 'botak'.
biggrin.gif

Re: Nepia
Hi Snoopy, thanks for the info.
Might want to get nepia 's' as well. But, it seems that NTUC does not sell 's' size. Anyone knows where to get Nepia 's' size?

Re: Different brands of 'm' size diapers
Anyone knows if petpet 'm' size is smaller than nepia 'm' size? Heard that petpet 'm' size is quite big.

re: travelling overseas

anyone planning to travel w baby? my fren is having his wedding in malaysia next month, not sure whether to bring baby along / attend. may have to take plane...

tingting,

I'll bring my bb to M'sia on 1/11/05 (take plan). When are u going to M'sia? Maybe by the time you already travel to oversea..hee...

hey gals,

i'm the reverse! i extended my maternity leave... originally deferred 3 wks of leave to dec but now i'm taking all at 1 shot! yeah i do admit that it's a little boring staying at home - makes me feel a little needy actually cos i'll ask my hubby what time he's coming home daily!
happy.gif
and it makes me v gian to go out, esply shopping after seeing all the tantalising group buys and all!

hi cat_tail,

nah, i dun have any schedule - jeremy dictates what's going on everyday! *sigh* but now a bit more fixed - he'll start getting sleepy about 1/2 hour after his feed which is every 3 hours or so. wish he'd take more per feed (he's taking abt 120ml each time) so that he can sleep longer and i can do my stuff! but he throws us a curveball every now and them - like yest evening, 1 hr after his feed, he starting crying and it turned out he wanted more milk! strange...

hey snoopy,

thanks for the friso! where do u wanna meet for lunch? i live in sengkang... if meet nearby, i sure on! if elsewhere, i'll see wat i can do!
happy.gif

i have a maid - the intention was for her to help my pils look after j but at the rate things are going, it seems she may be left with him alone quite a bit cos my pils' sales biz picking up. that's part of the reason why i've extended my leave - don't want j alone with her... problematic man!

re weight

i dunno how much i weigh now cos our weighing machine not accurate one... anybody got any to recommend? the watson's ones good not?

but one thing's for sure, i can't fit into my usual clothes... can't even fit into the clothes that i wore when i was 4 mths preggy! so depressing hor??

i v pei fu u gals who can go out for meals alone with bb! j can't sleep properly in the stroller for long & i haven't mastered the art of eating with j slung around me yet... how do u gals do it? share share can?
happy.gif

hi musicgal, i stay in punggol.. maybe can meet at compasspoint?
happy.gif

my boy also changes his schedules just when we thought he has settled down to a pattern. haiz...

cmy,
the event's ard mid nov... it's in Eastern Malaysia i think, if so then got to take plane... u've done the passport already? have to bring baby for the phototaking right? Quite excited to have a "subsidiary" in my passport.. hehe... like how mine was in my mum's the last time...

vone, i will feed my boy FM for the last feed and 2 nite feeds. he seems to be hungry all the time.

maternity leave:
i extended my till mid dec(3mth ML + 10days AL), supposed to be back 4th dec, but still got last yr leave to clear.

maid:
initially tot parents and us can take care of Dominic, but now getting a maid and will leave her with parents when we are working. i also worry about all those reports of maids... just have to be fair to maid and keep all channels of communication open!

weight:
i still have 3kg to lose, my tummy still quite flabby and need to go shopping. worse, got 3 wedding dinners in nov. i want to faint thinking of what to wear.

diapers:
i still using cloth diapers during the day, but now thinking of switching to disposable. anyone of you like me, using cloth in day and disposable at nite?

tingting,

What a coincidence!!! Which east Msia are u going? Me going to Kch, Sarawak!! Childrens passport no longer follow parents. They have to hold individual passport. Maybe u want to check it out?

hi tingting,

sure! compasspoint sounds good... i v long never eat the fish soup at the foodcourt oraidy! hehehe... but the queue's always very long and with j slung, i'm not sure i'm up to the challenge!

yeah i hate it when j changes his 'routine' - and that happens every couple of days! everytime i think yes, this time i've got it, 1 day later, things change again! *sigh*

hi ilmare,

i'm using cloth nappies in the day, diapers at night too!
happy.gif

musicgal and ting ting, I can meet up with both of you this time at compasspoint (will drive there). Shall we meet for lunch next monday? I am busy the rest of this week. How about doing another outing in town next time?

musicgal, my outing with vone has lunch stretching from 12noon to 2.30pm! This was to give ourselves time to eat as well as attend to our babies. Mastering the art of breast feeding in the restaurant with a shawl helps too. After that, we went to walk walk around with diaper change breaks and nursing breaks as well.

ting ting, you have to get a separate passport for baby, cannot link to parent's passport any more. I had nicole's passport done as this w/e we are bringing her back to Kluang for her malaysian relatives to see her.

ilmare, I also use the pigeon cloth diapers in the day and I use fuzzi bunz cloth diapers at nite. Only use disposibles when going out.

Let's plan a lunch outing to town the following week (give all the mummies here time to prepare themselves)

Tentative dates:- 7 or 9Nov?

Suggested locations (thinking of spacious locations that can accomodate mummies and their prams:-
Breeks @Taka
Swensens @Plaza Sing
Any other suggestions?

Interested mummies (Pls vote on dates and place):-
snoopy (fine with both dates and both locations)

snoopy,
ya, how u and vone cope when going out? I basically can only bring haowen out when there's someone else w me but I got no maid to help, so always confine at home....
sad.gif

So happy today, bb haowen managed to fall asleep on his own in his cot (w his dudu of course). Soundly asleep cos his dudu dropped out & he didn't stir
happy.gif
He slept for 1 hr this morning, and now taking his pm nap. Hopefully can sleep longer this time round.

re returning to work
I plan to send bb to nanny 1 week b4 starting work - both to monitor as well as go shopping for new clothes. Although I have lost all my wt gain, body shape had changed and my suits/bottoms all cannot fit liao. Also got flabby tummy, just bought the OTO Trimax Slimming Belt to see it helps.

Re: Maid
Hi tulip, vone,
Initially wanted a nanny but look at the cost like not cost effective leh, so I get my maid 2 weeks ago with intention of putting her at my MIL while I work. Oh yah, I am oso scared abt maid abusing child. My eyes always pinning at her whenever she take care of my bb. Last week, she made a hoo hoo ha ha, crying to go back to her country. Haiz wat a long story. Now, she seems ok (I hope so).

Hi ilmare,
Better get your maid early so u can train her.

Hi snoopy,
Would luv to meet up the mummies here since we r so free..heeheeBtw, I am staying at Kallang Dare to go to Orchard?
biggrin.gif

Hi Applejuz,
Getting vain leh~
happy.gif
Rebonding is ok for bf. I am thinking abt Cynthia Kohs hairstyle before going back to work, very styloo keke

Hi musicgal,
My gals timing oso siao siao one. I am very ambitious of trying to make her sleep at 9pm & dun wake up for any nite feed, so I always feed her full full at 8pm. Sometimes it works but most of the times it dun.. so keep on trying again & again.

Re: Flabby tummy
Hands up, I am one of them! Dun dare to wear tight fitting clothings for now.

Hi snoopy,
Just saw your new thread & I am ok with either of these 2 dates.

Location: Bugis & Suntec City also not bad cos they have a nursing room.

vone,
you expressing your BM at work? What's your expressing schedule? I'm on partial EBM, gave bb FM for his 2 night feeds. Pumping 4 times/day now and planning to cut down to 3 or 2. V worried supply will drop drastically. How u managing?

cat_tail, you must think of a makan place that is spacious enough to accomodate mummies and their prams. Any such place at bugis or suntec?

tingting,
re: sling
what kind of sling? Izzit those MIM sling? U use that @ hm to carry yr boy ard? Me need SOS coz is CL last wk and scared me can't cope alone wiz my boy.

Vone & ineedmilk : tks
happy.gif

ineedmilk,
re: weighing machine
where u get the digital one? mine is fr ikea and not accurate!
sad.gif

Oopss snoppy,
A bit excited so I din tot of space. Bugis is definitely out.

Normally I dine out at Changi Airport T2, cos there are a lot of new restaurants & very spacious to move around. I wonder whether the rest of the mummies are ok with it cos it might be too far.

ixwong: I'm also engaging a nanny to look after my boi when I'm returning to work in Dec. Is yr nanny staying near to yr place? Mine is 10 mins walk w/o any shelter so now only worried raining will be more difficult.
sad.gif

Regarding the OTO trimax slimming belt, let me know whether izzit effective ok coz me v tempted to buy oso.
happy.gif

U v gd can slim down so fast .. I juz celebrate my boi full mth and I still got 7kg to go ....

tennyson,
mine is from oregon scientific... the body fat analyzer.. redeemed it with my credit card points.. if not, too ex to buy lah. Good thing is that its accurate when i compare with the weight taken at PD.

re: weight
so envious of all u mummies who managed to lose all the weight gain........ hai........ me still have 10kg! didn't lose any weight since 1st week of confinemt! Now i have to buy a whole new wardrobe when i go back to work on 7 nov.

Let's plan a lunch outing to town the following week (give all the mummies here time to prepare themselves)

Tentative dates:- 7 or 9Nov?

Suggested locations (thinking of spacious locations that can accomodate mummies and their prams:-
Breeks @Taka
Swensens @Plaza Sing
Changi Airport T2 (cat_tail, can you suggest the restaurant that is spacious)
Any other suggestions?

Interested mummies (Pls vote on dates and place):-
snoopy (fine with both dates and all locations)
cat_tail (fine with both dates and location?)

ixwong:
once we reduce our pumping times or feeding times, ss will definitely reduce. cos its like our brain will think our bb dont need so much BM liao, so don't need to produce so much. Only way to keep ss up is to increase pumping times or last resort is to take medication. I'm also worried abt keeping up ss when i go back to work in nov. Also dunno if my bosses will be happy if i pump 3 hourly in office.

re: weight loss
by the way, for bf moms, best not to lose weight too fast... gotta lose weight gradually cos need fats to make BM for bb. I was thinking to going slimming centre but my lactation consultant told me not to cos losing weight too fast will make our BM toxic to bb. hai.....sometimes i think we mummies gotta sacrifice ALOT for our bbs... we get fat, get hormonal imbalance (caused me to get lots of pimples), bf so stressful, gotta wake up in the nights.. etc etc. Hopefully our bbs when grow up will appreciate us!

i need milk,
I'm pumping 4 times/day now at 7am (240ml), 12pm (120 ml), 5pm (120 ml), 10pm (120ml). Just thinking if I combine the 12pm and 5pm pumps into 1 (say at 4-5pm) would I get 240ml....??

wow... so nice that you mummies can get together... hope i can join you but already back to work... enjoy your get-together!!!

RE: Passport
you can file your child's passport through the internet and they will send you a letter when it's ready for collection. As for the photo, just take a digital camera, convert it into a jpeg file, send it together with your application form. the size of the photo (in jpeg format) is indicated at the website...

https://www.psi.gov.sg/NASApp/tmf/TMFServlet?app=MHA-SIR-APPLES&isNew=true&Reload=true

ixwong:
i think u will be very engorged by 4-5pm! Not sure if it will be 240ml but will prob be more than 120ml. Maybe u wanna try for the next 2 days and see what happens? If yr ss did drop, then quickly start pumping frequently again to up the ss.

tingting:
need to ask u abt reflux. Does zeph fuss while feeding? eg. like suddenly wanna do stretching like legs become very straight, arching the back? My bb does this quite often in the day feeds and i just read on the web that this is a symptom of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). Dunno if she's having pain while feeding.. that's y always do stretching & arching her neck backwards. My girl like spits out milk every day.. sometimes a bit, sometimes ALOT (like 10ml).

hi i need milk, ting ting,
I think my bb had the same reflux problem... sometime after 1hr already still will spit out 1 mouthful of milk when playing (she kick her legs alot when playing). Otherwise is spit out transparent liquid with bits of milk (is it some gastric acid?). I read from internet some remedies include less vol/feed with shorter interval, avoid changing diaper after feed (i.e. lifting of leg), feed w body more slant etc. That's why i plan to let her go for professional massage hopefully can help improve her digestive system. Also she hates burping and sleeping on tummy.. not sure is it related to reflux problem.

hi i need milk & tingting,

my son just did the "stretching like legs become very straight, arching the back" and the milk spitting! argh!!

ting2: is that what zephan did? what did the pd give him?

tingting,ilmare
3 more kgs is very good liao.. I got double yours, gotta work doubly hard..:p

vone,
hey, I also tot of getting Clarin's extra firming cream, heard good comments of it.

pinkroses,
Thanks for ur contact on calligraphy brush.. but i just trim only, dunno enough hair to make of not.. hee hee. :p Btw, where's the place? and how much it cost?

musicgal,
i oso tend to ask hubby wat time he comes home... aiyo, getting very 'aunty' nowadays leh.. think stay at home too long liao. hee hee..
hey, i can't fit into the 3/4 pants which I wore thru'out my preggies days! the hips part sooo tight...some consolation for u huh?
happy.gif

snoopy,
i wan to meet up too... but my hubby came back from oversea biz trip liao... no more car now.. how u girls manage to bring bb out? taxi/mrt? I think quite tough leh... else for me, I'd luv to go Plaza Sing.. can shop for clothes & shoes hee hee...

cat_tail,
ha ha, of course must vain lah... must gain back confidence even wif kids right..:p Ya, Cynthia Koh's hairstlye quite trendy & nice, but must highlight. u sure we can do colouring with BF?

musicgal:
i used to think the stretching of legs, arching the back thing and flapping her arms was quite cute... thought my bb likes to stretch then can grow tall. Only just now that i was surfing the web for reflux then i realised that this stretching is a symptom of GERD. Now i wonder if i should bring her to see a PD. My bb is still putting on weight (1kg per mth) so i dunno if this reflux will be serious problem for her.......

i went for a haircut and highlight in the afternoon, AND shopping! wow, feel so different, but also kept calling home to make sure that dominic is not being too naughty!

cat tail, i know. probably will get the maid here by 2wk of nov, at least still got 1 month to train. worse case, i either leave the training to mum(anyway dominic and maid will be at mum's place during day) or i do "sob story" and extend AL.

passport:
is it true that bb will hold own passport? i also need to do for him soon.

GERD:
is this serious? my boy does this all the time, except no spitting of milk yet. i have no problem to burp him most of the time.

wow, got gathering, will luv to join u mummies too, but not sure if i can handle bringing boy out alone and taking public transport.

Re:GERD
it seem like quite a common thing isit? my boy will do e stretching,arching too, n he spit out milk n hr after feed. any1 seeing a PD for jab soon, maybe can find out n update???

Re: Babysitter
wat's e mkt rate? i'm still looking for 1 but its not easy to find. so may take another 3 mths of Nopay leave, and also hope to TBF for 6mths.
Btw, any get yr bbsitter thru agencies,any recommendations?

ya my cl also says it is normal to stretch and he is stretching all days long :p

did ask about the spitting of milk..the clinic asst says (over phone) as long as it is not too much, it shd not be a cause for concern. a lactation consultant told me it could be due to colic too.. it does bother me wondering if he is taking too much etc.

hope ting ting log in and share wif us soon

Back