(2005/08) Aug/Sept 05' MTBs

hey wendyg,

thanks for the tip! i go and find now!!
happy.gif

Hi i_bless_u,
Does the given pump come with the avent bottle? If so you can pour out the milk to your desired bottle after pumping.

ixwong,

1 hr is light sleep? mine is like 10 min! 1 hr considered v good for me liao... :p

my sarong cannot stop rocking... once it stops, baby wakes up...

hi cakey
e pram looks nice leh. check w u, does it look narrow, how long u gauge bb can sit in??
i wan to get a new pram/stroller,but my fren keeping telling me will outgrown very fast, shd wait till bb can sit up, then buy those stroller type, can last till older age.
pls advise.

Expressed Breast Milk:
mummies who TBF n latch bb direct... do u pump out yr milk in btw latching on?? and wat do u do with these EBM?
i expressed once in a while when i feel that breast still full after boy feed, hv stored about 10over bottles of milk (btw30-70ml), but now duno wat 2 do with them cos i latch bb direct. n i'm only going back to work mid dec, by then e milk will hv expired (based on 2 mths in freezer).

anissa, give clarence some more time. after a while, he'll drink fr d bottle.
happy.gif
oh, u cut ur hair... weather 2 hot is it??
kao_wink.gif

cookies, tis mummy is veri bad. so far i hvn't buy any toys 4 my boy yet.
uhoh.gif
tink u can visit plcs such as robinsons or kiddy palace & take a look. anyway, d recommended age 4 d toys will b stated on d packaging, so u can use it as a reference. as 4 travelling by car, we'll put him in d car seat coz it's safer.

ilmare, my boy aso do tat.
sad.gif
in d end, i gave up trying 2 make him sleep. so i wake up together wif him & sleep when he do later in d morning.

psmissyou, d biggest kiddy palace outlet is d 1 at hdb hub, toa payoh.

mums using bath tub fr MAH:

are ur babies getting too big for the tub? mine doesn't have much space to "swim" in liao, and thinking of getting a larger tub for him.

ting,
I realise my boy can now sleep longer in sarong w/o rocking (abt 30-45 mins). Seem to be after i started to train him to sleep in cot for his day naps. last time, he also always wake up when the sarong stops rocking.

Mummies,
do you feel uncertain whether what we are doing is correct for bb? Just now my mum and SIL came over. My boy was v tired but slept only for 20 mins in his cot before waking up. I was "scolded" by my mum for not putting bb in sarong for a good nap. Now feel v guilty as I seem to be "torturing" my bb....not sure if i shd continue to train him to sleep w/o rocking.

ixwong:
as mummies, i believe we do what we think its the best for our babies. Sometimes need to be a bit hard hearted to discipline or train our babies... i think u shld cont to train yr bb to sleep w/o rocking. Its good for him lah...... if always rock, then next time he go other pple house (eg yr MIL house), he wont be able to sleep at all cos no sarong there! Best for our babies to be flexible... (that's what i think).

ixwong,
my boy sleeps in his cot as well, but sometimes when he refuses to sleep there i'll then bring him to the sarong. overall, his sleeping time in cot vs sarong is about 70:30, but mainly bcos his longer night sleeps are in cot. I try to let him sleep w/out aircon during daytime, and if he sleeps in cot he'll get v warm n sweaty, so sarong is a cooler option for him during daytime.

i need milk,
outside also got rocker... our hands lor! haha... but quite tiring... for my boy, i think if he's tired he can sleep anywhere, but if he's not then these little tricks got to come in...

ixwong
mayb you are right, he likes to "talk" in his sleep. lots of sighing etc. very noisy sleeper. woke up again at 6.15am today, gave pacificer and he went back to sleep till close to 8am.

tingting
we both in the same boat!

re:sarong
it is quite true that bb will be too used to the sarong for sleeping. i am trying to avoid using sarong, HB quite against it. guess just have to keep patting and carrying. lots of ppl say that once 3mth old, will be easier to coax to sleep. *keeping fingers cross!*

Hi cat_tail & pinkroses,

I guess all babies are cute. Wonder if you ladies feel the same way but every time my baby has a different expression on his/her face, I find that I just can't love him enough
happy.gif

Hi Vone,

I'm really feeling dispair! Now I can only coax my boy to drink only 60 ml each time when in the past he used to drink 120 ml. Wonder why they reject the bottle when it's milk inside! Don't they just drink anything when they are hungry??

anissa - maybe yr boy wants a faster bottle teat? I tried different brands of teat plus, different flow to see which one the bb likes.. cos sometimes we don't know why the bb is "complaining" when the bottle is supposed to be easier for them to drink milk. Just gotta trial and error...

tingting - yeah lor.. we become the sarong for our bbs outside.. that's y i didn't want to buy sarong for my bb in the end. I scared she forever want me to carry her... so far so good.. i seldom need to carry her to sleep. After she drink her milk, then she sleep liao.

Hi cookies,

re: EBM
if u dun wanna waste the frozen ebm, u can feed yr bb with the ebm for 1 feed per day. Then during that feed, you pump. Like that you will clear out yr old stock of ebm and replenish with fresh ones.

if u dun wanna give yr bb ebm now, then my MIL say can use our bm to wash our face.. she say very good for complexion!!
happy.gif

i need milk,
wash face? but e milk sticky sticky feel leh. any1 try this b4?
i was jus told that can use our BM to make coffee also, wonder how it'll taste.

re: milk facial?!
yah, apparently the BM is nourishing for face also, but i dun dare leh... think it's got a bit of fishy smell.. glad that i'm not the one drinking it!

re: sarong
i need milk, nowadays my boy doesn't want to sleep after feeds...

hi angle,
I remembered you bought the book about teaching baby to read. Did you manage to read it? If so how useful is the book and possible for us to make the cards ourselves?

cookies:
my hb drank my bm before... he say taste like very diluted milk! I made him drink my ebm cos he poured too much ebm for my bb and she can't finish. Since cannot waste, he drank it. haha. Actually he also drank the Nan 1 and Nan 1 HA FM and he concluded all the milk my bb is drinking is not nice.
happy.gif
I don't dare to drink my own ebm.. feel that its weird.

tingting:
got fishy smell cos u always eat fish is it? I eat fish every day and that time my CL say the fishy smell of my bm so strong.. i dun smell anything though. Except my frozen ebm got like plastic like smell.

re: sleep after feed
tingting, guess yr boy is now older so got more wake" time.

Hi i need milk,

I did change the teat for him but he gets choke easily, that's why I use one with a slower flow for him.

re: bm
I always try my own and I think it tastes sweet
happy.gif

Ok, one more pic to share!
327764.jpg

i need milk,
no leh, i seldom eat fish after confinement... also dunno why.. sometimes it smells like sweet corn n carrot soup... haha!

re: mamy poko
am thinking of using mamy poko for nights, cos heard that it's v absorbant. Anyone using? Where to get it cheap? Am quite wary of changing nappies at night cos he's so sound asleep after feeding and he'll wake up when placed flat on his back. And he's usually not patient enough for me to change him before feeding... haiz..

hi tingting
re:mamy poko
my fren swear by e brand too, cos can hold throughout e nite. i'm getting it for my boy too thou he still poo very often but now he sleeps longer in the nite. was told 'Sheng Siong' can get cheaper diapers, u may wan to check it out.
wat brand u using for yr boy now? using S or M size?

anissa, bb tink differently fr us. even though they r supposed 2 drink when they r hungry, i guess tat clarence is still not used 2 it. try 2 feed him more often wif lesser amt of milk til he's used 2 u feeding him d bottle. dun despair. it'll get better once he's used 2 it.
happy.gif

Re sarong
my boy also sleep in cot at night. For his day naps, I tried to put him down in his cot at least for 2 out of 4 naps.

Mummies
what time your bb sleep at night? My boy sleeps around 8pm. If we don't let him sleep, he will get v cranky. He will sleep until 2am before waking up for milk. Then sleep until 6-7am.

Re changing nappy at night
ting, me too but my boy always poo during his milk feeds at night so no choice but to change. This wakes him up and got to pat him to sleep after that.

re: mamy poko
i'm using mamy poko for the past 2 mths. Find that its very cloth like and soft. I usually change the diapers after 5-6 hours cos it can absorb more pee. However, one thing i don't like is that i find that when i feel the diapers, it feels damp all the time... dunno y it feels damp even though the diaper wasn't heavy. Also, there r no back-gathers for mamy poko. But so far, i don't have leaks b4. The only leaks i got from mamy poko is when i never velcro the diaper properly.

tingting - maybe can change yr bb in between the feed ie. when u switch sides.

Re sarong
Hb and frds have been telling me to put Nicole in sarong, so that she will sleep longer.....but I have been resisting so far!

Re sleep
I bath my girl at 5 plus pm.....then she will sleep (on her gd days) until 8plus 9pm, wake up for feed and then sleep and wake at 11plus 12. Then she will wake about 2-3 hours after that for her feeds. I think the frequently is because she is still on TBF.

Re changing nappy at night
If my girl is really sleepy, I can change her diaper and she will continue sleeping sometimes.....or she will wake but go back to sleep after I have finished changing. If not, then I will sit in bed and carry her until she sleeps and then put her back on her cot.

Ya Anissa,
I also never find enough looking at my baby.
happy.gif
They are just simply adorable. DO you find their faces keep changing as time goes by?

Re: Nepia Diapers
Hi mummies,
Anyone start using M size already? I want to place my order, but was wondering whether how many packs to get for S or M. Currently my baby is 5+ kg.

Re: Sleep
Hi all,
When I read all the thread abt sleep, I feel that all of you are so fortunate. None is as bad as mine. *sigh
sad.gif
My baby dun sleep in sarong, cot or anything except on my arms. Somemore must walk around & sing song then she's willing to sleep. And the moment you put her down, she will wake up & cry!!! So I have to really carry her & rock her for hours.

ixwong, mine sleeps at around 10pm. then he'll sleep til abt 5am b4 waking up 2 feed. i'll change him b4 feeding as he usually sleeps rite after feeding.

Hi ixwong,

re: no sarong = hard hearted mommy?

don't feel bad when your relatives 'scold' you for not letting your bb sleep sarong. You are your bb's mommy. You know what's best for your child.

Actually, I 'kana' these a lot of times. from my mom and mil when i refused to let my bb sleep in sarong. Was feeling like you too.

but, i still did not let her sleep in sarong and after that, she can practically sleep anywhere. If my mom or mil is around, i will just tell them 'see see see, she can sleep so well in your place w/o sarong'. And the two of them just kept quiet. I know i am quite mean but sometimes i really get very frustrated and stressed by all these well meaning advises.

I felt that we cannot pamper our baby too much or else they became too over reliant or spoilt.

Maybe, i sounds like a hardhearted mommy. But, I don't want my bb to grow up to be a 'greenhouse flower'.

I kept thinking to myself, how come the other races bb like caucasian can do without these, why not mine?

just my 2 cents' worth

anissa, i also have problems with the teats. sometimes he will cry cos impatient, but change to the faster teat and he will drink like gonna to choke. so now still use the "S" teats.

pinkroses, i agree with you! feel that caucasians seems to be more "daring" when caring for their bb, not like asian be cautious.

really envy vone and ixwong, my boy will not sleep so long. last feed about 9pm, then feed 1am and 5am.

ilmare, my boy also dun sleep very long, max is about 5hrs.

mummies, do u still feed yr babies on a 3 hrs interval? if in e nite, they sleep thru, do we wake them up to feed them?

i need milk,
u mention switching sides for bb, means?? my boy sleeps on his back to sleep all the time.

hi cookies,

i am still feeding Denise at 3 hours interval or 2.5hours. At nite, she will wake up for 2 feeding at least.

5hours sleeping time is very long! My girl longest nap time is 3hours
happy.gif

Hi ladies, nwadays hardly got the time to come online as my girl's afternoon nap has became shorter.. so the time during her nap is very precious got to do housework & all.

cookies, i'm still feeding kylie at 2.5-3hrs interval but for nite, usually she will hve her last feeding ard 10plus, and will last till 6-7am. once she slept for 11hrs w/o waking up for milk!

re: sarong
my girl has been sleeping in sarong (but not frequent) since she turns 1mth. a period of time, she prefers sarong then to sleep in her rocker/bed.. nw she prefers to sleep on my bed then anything else.. seriously i dun believe in long-sleeping hrs in sarong.. cos my girl doesnt, she will still wake up at 1-2hrs nap..

Hi Anissa,
yah...I agree that we can never get tired of looking at our baby. I even enjoy watching her sleep.
happy.gif

Hi Cattail,
Re Nepia
Nepia 'M' size is from 6 to 12 kg whereas 'S' size is from 4-8 kg.
I bought 4 pkts of 'M' size cos i still have 2 pkts of 's' size from pampers.

Just wondering if anyone know how many diapers are there in nepia 's' size?

cookies
for nite feeds, only feed upon demand..
& switching sides means left breast, right breast.

ineedmilk
ting2 only feeds from 1 breast per feed.

cat tail
re: sleep in arms
try swaddling baby... my hubby just did that & my baby fell asleep v fast - can set him down on cot almost immediately.

snoopy
my boy's night-time routine is just like your baby's.. TBF. 3 hourly like clockwork. See how i manage when i get back to work tmr!! Panda 8)

re: nappy at night
i only feed on 1 side... already quite tiring to have to hold him till his milk is settled, if still have to coax him back to sleep will mean each night feed will take at least 1 hr...

re: diaper size
my boy is currently using M size for both petpet n nepia. I started him on petpet M when he's about 5kg, w nepia, when he's abt 6+kg, cos it was quite loose on him when he's exactly 6kg.

cat_tail, my boy also wants to be carried when he's awake, so now i use the MIM sling to carry him sometimes, and it satisfies both of us.

pinkroses,
guess we should just do what we think is best for our kids... though caucasians have no sarong, they have rocking beds which we don't, etc. They probably have other stuff too... it's what's suitable for the kid that's important.

ilmare, r u on TBF or FM?? mine drinks FM at his last feed, so i guess tat's y he can sleep longer.

cookies, yes, my boy usually feed on 3 hrs' interval. in d nite, if he sleeps thru, i'll not wake him up 2 feed.

cookies ...

envy you ar ... my boy max can zzz for 3hrs and think it only happened once or twice only ... usually its 1.5hr to 2hr before he wakes up crying for milk ...

today was a terrible day ar ... tried to coax my boy to zzz from 2pm to 5pm ... it was like feeding, burping, patting, changing of nappy, feeding, burping (guess you ladies get the idea) all the way ...

not sure if he loves me or hate me ... the moment i hand him to my mother he fell asleep straight away ... sheese ... should have SOS earlier ...

pinkroses, nepia 'S' size has 54 diapers.

cookies, wendyg is rite, feed on demand at nite. If baby sleeps, don't need to wake baby up to feed. When baby is hungry, baby will wake up to cry for milk.

wendyg, when nicole wakes every 2-3 hours for feeding, I am very happy! Once in a while, for some reason (unknown to me), she breaks out of this routine, then she wakes after 1 hour of sleep and wants to feed! And this can happen from 12midnite to 7am! Imagine this scenario:- I take 1/2 - 1hr to feed, burp her and sometimes change her diaper. Settle her to sleep, sleep myself and next moment I hear her crying for milk, I look at the clock and only 1 hour has passed! Can pengsan!

btw mummies, I have 1 can of 900g Friso 1 (0-6M) to be given away. Any takers?

hey snoopy,

i know what u mean! i don't bother to nap anymore cos i have the same problem - i barely fall asleep and my boy's up again! makes me even more tired!

i'm interested in the friso!
happy.gif

wendyg, snoopy.. so only feed on demand at nite.. but once he overshot 4hrs, i get worry he'll be hungry, at times i'll jus wake him up to feed him. ok, tonite onwards,jus let him be. but then u ladies still wake up to express out yr milk?? cos surely engorge if dun feed.

snoopy, i can empthaise with u too.. cos my boy also like tis on some nites, sometimes i so tired n frustrated, i'll jus shout across to him n pled him to let me sleep, well obviously this dun work. so i think i shd be happy on those days that he sleep throughout.

seabreeze,
dun nid envy, i've my bad times too.

when u say coax yr boy to sleep, its cos its his nap time or he's sleepy n cranky but couldn't get to sleep??

Hi cookies,
For my case, I will never wake my baby up for the feed. Got to thank god if she can sleep thru out the night. So far, the highest record my baby ever reach is 6hrs, the lowest is less than 1 hr.

Re: Nepia diapers
Hi pinkroses & tingting, thanks for the response. I will just get 1 S & 3 M size.

Re: Sleeping
Hi wendyg,
I try swaddling & that makes the situation worst. Watever method I can think of, already use. Dun understand how come other baby so easy coax to sleep. *sigh

Hi tingting,
U use the sling to rock your boy to sleep every nite? I have a baby carrier & she can sleep thru but when I put her down to cot, she wake up! I am a little concern on how to train my baby to sleep by herself. Cos if everytime we rock our baby to sleep, scare they will never let us go. Tonite improve slightly, I just rock her for an hr, she Zzz. Cross my finger it remains like tat.

snoopy ..

same thing ... sometime feed liao then change nappy .. try to coax him to zzzz ... zzzz less than 10mins wake up and want milk again ....

cookies ...

want him to zzz so that i can zzz lor ....

Hi mummies,

Can I know how often u monitor yr bb weight?
Do you buy a bb weighing machine or juz those normal one?
For normal one, izzit carry the bb and weigh then minus off mummy weight?

Pls advise me. Tks

Back