(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

hi cherry,
have checked with the nurses from my gynae's clinic and they confirmed tat if one bedder gynae charges will be higher leh... so maybe its my gynae who charge according to the room..anyway no choice now since cannot change gynae also...

have you been to MT E hospital tour? was thinking of registering but almost 35wks liao dunno is it too late?

also do you know if MT E will provide clothes & receiving blankets for BB? was packing my bag last nite and wondering need to bring pampers, clothes etc or not?

wats the herb's you used for bathing call?
just bk from Loreal's sales so tired wan sleep liao
yawn.gif

I wan go tour next week but my gynae not ard 2 write letter for me tin fated can go any plc

dunno,
im not sure the name but i guess can just go to the provision shop n tell them for confinement, they shld know
happy.gif

*stressed* u all making me stressed hee hee ... i don't know which massage lady to book ley ... so lost....

von,
got ur pm. thks !

dunno,
how's the loreal sale ? got alot of things to buy ? cheap ?

milly,
btw i checked with my gynae on the rates for diff types of rm. my will be same regardless of rm type. she say some gynae do practise diff rates for diff rm types but she doesn't. tat's a relief for me. so i think i'll stick with the single bedder.

I already 90KG liao leh keke jia luck tin my gynae gona nag again.
every week I go weighs and the nurse laff me keke

dunnoleh, how many kg have you put on? how many weeks now? baby how heavy?

be careful.... we must really watch our diet... my hubby gave up on me as i only know how to talk. hee..

milly,
i checked with a friend who delivered at Mt E and she told me nothing is free there. So better be prepared and bring everything that you and bb may need. In case your hubby is driving and will be staying with you, there would be a carpark charge of either $50 for a pass or $60 for parking for 3 days.

I didn't go for any hospital tour also and didn't attend any case, all i know is from reading books.

shane,
ya seems like its my gynae practice
sad.gif
wat is your gynae charges for normal delivery w/o epi? mine is $900 (double bedder) and $1,200 (single) not sure if its on the high side as i didnt really do any comparison before...

cherry,
ok will pack in everything then. hopefully we can dun use their stuff then dun have to incur the additional costs.

Found this on other forum, quite cute.

281528.gif
Not just a "mother"

A woman named Emily renewing her driver's license at the Clerk's office was asked by the woman recorder to state her occupation. She hesitated, Uncertain how to classify herself. What I mean is," explained the recorder, "do you have a job, or are you just a ....?"

"Of course I have a job," snapped Emily. "I'm a mother."

"We don't list `mother` as an occupation... housewife` covers it," said the recorder emphatically.
---------------
I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same situation, this time at our own Town Hall.

The Clerk was obviously a career woman, poised, efficient, and Possessed of a high sounding title like, "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar."

What is your occupation?" she probed. What made me say it, I do not know...

The words simply popped out. "I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations."

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in mid air, and looked up as Though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing The most significant words. Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.
"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in your field?"
Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself reply, "I have a continuing program of research, (what mother doesn't), in the laboratory and in the field, (normally I would have said indoors and out).

"I'm working for my Masters, (the whole darned family), and already have four credits, (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the most demanding in the humanities, (any mother care to disagree?) and I often work 14 hours a day, (24 is more like it). But the job is more Challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money. There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I was greeted by my lab assistants - ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I could hear our new experiment, (a 6 month old baby), on the child-development program, testing out a new vocal pattern. I felt triumphant! I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone on the official records as someone more distinguished and indispensable to mankind than "just another mother."

Motherhood.....What a glorious career! Especially when there's a title on the door.

Does this make:
Grandmothers: "Senior Research Associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations"?
Great grandmothers: "Executive Senior Research Associates".
Aunts: "Associate Research Assistants".
--------------------------------------------

von,
u mean the massage lady ? how much she charging ? i wan .. i wan ... hee hee .. thks.

btw, the contact u pass me for the domestic helper, she is experienced ? i hvn't called her yet.

thks for your help !
happy.gif

milly,
From the paper I have it states 800 for normal delivery. I think this is w/o anything. No diff in wat type of rm i choose for my gynae case.

nvm don't worry, try to bring watever u can to save cost. i also didn't do any comparison on hospital and gynae when i was preggie. I just went to the one nearest my place
lame.gif

shane,
yap...massage lady...ok i will get the nbr for u :p this lady is staying at lorong ah soo so good for you.

yap
happy.gif

no problem lah...i will PM u once i get the nbr

If the gynae's delivery charge is 1200 then I think my package is worth lah package + gynae charge for normal delivery is $2K.

How much is your package charge? My col from Gleaneagles is 600 from week 20 I think.

Jane ah I m much shorter than u and I ate alot of junk lah no choice lah work at orchard area plenty of place 2 eat and teabreak. I m having durians 3 nights in a rows liao keke definitely over 90 when I go c my gynae this coming Tues. I m now in my week 31.

Von,
thks very muchie.
btw where did u get her contact ? also from the list ?

dunno,
better watch ur weight. gd for urself and baby.

shane,
nope...she's staying near my grandma n my grandma also get her to do normal massage for her. malay massage must hv strength n since my grandma said her strength is good then me trying her anyway her cost is still affordable.
i got a couple of other contracts, one fm tamp heard she damn good but too bad she's either too busy with appts or too ex liao...
but a pc of advice is to get another nbr or 2 in case either u find her no good or she not free. or u want the tamp lady's nbr?

dunno
my gynae do not have any package. i will just pay per visit. consultation with ultra sound scan (no print out) is $45. Medicine is about $10 (multivit + calcium) $30 for fish oil. so far have spend about

Milly & Dunno,

My gynae also don't have any package, however, becos i paid half the delivery charges (ie half of $1100) at 20 something weeks, i am only charged $21 per visit for normal things like scan, medicine (multivit + calcium). Other blood test or mediciation would be charged separate.

milly & cherry,
wow...ur gynae's chrgs not ex lah...so much cheaper than mine. so maybe tat's the reason y the delivery chrgs are higher

I no choice lah I package definitely cheaper coz my gynae very exp lor I didnt check ard. u all went clinic or hospital? My scan alone already 60 gynae 80 so definitely package is worthwhile... If I gg hv my 2nd kids really need 2 think?

Any of u travel during pregnant? Need to book the tour with doctor letter or do not har?

von,
I'll try her first lor. Trouble you to give me her no. or maybe u give me both ? Then i take the tamp one as backup or find another few backups.
thks !

shane
You staying in lorong ah soo?? You stay there since young? I use to stay in hougang, now staying in Seng Kang.

Delivery Charges
I don't even noe how much my Gynae charges. I plan to ask him next week. Have a lot of qns for him in my next visit...

Shane,
I will PM u once I get the nbr
happy.gif
no worry...small matter

Dunno,
I travelled during my 3rd mth I didnt get any letter fm gynae but now even we want to travel the carrier wont let us go up the plane :p

Adora,
ohh...u didnt ask ur gynae? i tink a lot of ppl very concern abt prices...

dunno,
u still 1 2 go travel ah ? go where ? no nd doc letter to book the tour package. but u need doc to write letter just in case. u also got to check if the airline let u fly or not. Now u quite advanced liow ley.

I also thot of gg somewhere. But decided to be guai since already 32 weeks, quite troublesome to fly liow.

adora,
nope i'm staying in hougang. hey so we are quite near. SK and hougang neaby each other hee hee ...

von,
ok thks alot ! no hurry ya
happy.gif

Von
As my mum goes to the same Gynae for her check up, I just go to him lor. He is quite ex but think he is good.

Shane
ya ya we stay v near...

Hi Gals
Some info on Sales this Weekend :
Metro Storewide 20% (29 Apr - 1 May)
Seiyu 20% on regular items, 15% on sale items (29 Apr - 2 May)

I m gg to Bangkok only lah actually I lok fat more than pregnant and just gotten my gynae's approval 2 travel so happy.

I call the airline they tell me need doctor letter 2 book air tic so funny keke

My hubby go biz trip I Tag along lah tat time went US still cant c so dun even need doctor letter. Even I go there I sleep there aso better than stay alone here so bored.

I aso stay at Hougang leh hee hee

JL aso sales and I m shocked not much pp. I went to Loreal sales and JL sales jus now both no pp one so shocked keke. Toyogo aso sales leh 70% off but nv state from when 2 when

adora,
oic...i didnt follow my mum's gynae cos her's too famous n shld i go got to wait very long for her

thk u for the info...however now i wont want to go squeeze with other ppl. so disappt when i take the public tpt ppl really see me transparents...sigh...

btw ladies, ur feet starting to swell already? mine starting already n last nite i applied the Avent foot n leg reliever n see like better today

dunno,
wow...ur gynae approve? actually we got co. trip but all disapprove me to go...hahaha...same going BKK too

dunno
You still go trip...i think I am too tired to walk.

Von
I am gg Metro at Seng Kang, normally not too crowed.
I agree when I take public transport, those pp just pretend not to see you. Some will pretend to sleep...sometimes I need to stand all the way abt 30mins.
kao_angry.gif

My feet started to swell too but only at night...got to buy new flat shoes. Mine mostly with a bit of heels.

adora,
ohh...lucky for u..for my case everywhr i go also crowded..sigh...
most of the time i also required to stand. lucky for me my hb send me to n fro during these period...for me i tink the longest abt 45mins...sigh...so tiring

only at nite then swell? actually duno how true ppl said it's good to hv a bit of heels so to support ur back

talking abt toyogo. i saw the toyogo 5 tier at Carrefour @ Plz sing. They got nicer colours ! Blue and purple. Price is $34.90. So regret buying mine. But will take it as cost savings.

von,
thks !

wow, so looks like a few of us stay in hg. next time can have bb gathering in hougang already hee hee ...

I tin I hv nt start swell. My hubby said my leg so big swell aso dunno isit really swell haha.
BKK shd b ok lah jus 2Hr+ flight I tin.

von,
where are u staying ? i think u mention before, but i forgot liow
lame.gif

dunno,
ya we'll chat and exchange tips. but i think we need at least 1-2 weeks to settle down with bb first. i foresee the first 2 weeks to be a nitemare ! hee hee ...

dunnoleh,
Are u sure they allow us to board the plane after 30weeks, even with gynae's letter? I also tot of gg bkk lei.. now air tickets so cheap!! Hubby wants to bring me to batam as well but nt sure if i will be allowed to board the ferry or nt.

You mentioned that Toyogo having 70% off rite? At the Toyogo supermart or Giant?

adora,
I also have lots of questions for Dr Chan in my next visit.. Hahaha... U taking the 1 or 2 bedder??

My sil gave me a few Malay massage contacts at very reasonable prices but I couldnt get any of them lei.. Either change no or i pg them never return call. Haiz.. The other contact i got from one of the forumers here states that she paid $300 for 7 sessions. When i called the lady, she told me that her current charges is $55/session.. Seems tat many of them jack up their prices liao..

I have called Mdm Naini. She sounded veri pro when i enquire abt her package.. Kind of feel veri assured and convinced to engage her despite her high charges lei.. Still contemplating to source for cheaper alternatives thou.

shane,
Yah, i suppose we will be busy adapting to the changes in our sleep patterns and lifestyle for the first 2 weeks.. Maybe dun even have time to surf net lei..

But we must def share our birth stories huh!! :) I should be the last few to share since my edd is end month.. Hehehe..

Von,
Me staying at JW too.. So u're nt alone.. Woah, ur Malay massage lady staying near Shane, thats quite far lei. Does she charge u for the tranportation? How much are u paying for the massage?

Hi gals
Spent most of my time sleeping today...seems so tired.
kao_yawn.gif

serrich
I am taking 2 bedder. Remembered that you had a color scan pic of your little gal. did Dr Chan print for you every visit? So far I don't have any leh....

Ya, Mdm Naini sounded very pro, she asked for my weight n height. Hope she can help us to regain back our weight! You stay in JW, then the other Malay Massage lady that I gave you could be another option, she is staying the in West side.

Von
One of the Massage Lady I called charges me a higher rate becoz I stay further away from her place.

adora,
So far he only gave me 1, on that very visit that my gal gave us a very clear view of her face! :) And my hubby commented that she looks so much like him. Prob they saw my hubby so excited so Dr Chan gave him the colour scan pic. The subsequent visits were quite disappointing cos her hands always blocking her face lei..

I will call the other lady to check her rates then. Thanks.. :)

282335.png
Ok ladies, this question might sound weird to some... do you ladies encounter any sound from your tummy when your BB is in active movement, sound like... clicking or popping sound? I read some forum, it seem normal for some pregnant woman. Have you ever tell your doctor? I'm going to ask my OB on my coming visit.

A story to share.... Wish those mothers or mother to be... happy mothers day on May 8!
282513.jpg
A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper from a legal pad that he had been writing on. After his Mom dried her hands on an apron she read it, & this is what it said:
For cutting the grass; $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week; $1.00
For going to the store for you. $.50
Basby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me: No. charge

For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No charge.

For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years: No charge

For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead: No charge

For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose: No charge, son.

When you add it up, the cost of my love is: No charge

When the boy finished reading what his Mother had written, there were big crocodile tears in his eyes, and he looked straight up at his mother and said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL"

Have a great day and don't forget to smile.

No charge.

Hey Anns, That's really touching, indeed a mother's love is incomprehensible.

Well, to all June05-MTB, happy Mothers' day! Soon, we'll all be labouring in love for our little ones!

Hi Gals
The website is finally up again!

anns
No sound from my tummy so far...lately bb moves more often n keeps on vibrating inside. I think he can't wait to pop...too squeezy in there! But I will tell me every night must wait for daddy to come back first! So guai guai stay inside until 38weeks.

Shekinah
Ya...soon we will be Mothers.

Back