(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

jane, we drink the coconut so that baby can be clean not for heaty sake.

as for ktv, it's a farewell thing for my colleagues and the whole team of 10 will be there. i really don't wish to miss out the fun.

in fact abt one coconut a week shld be enuf...

babyluv,
ya can shower, my mum already bot 15pkts of the herbs cos she knows i want to be clean clean esp got menses leh...gosh...i must wash with water but too bad wash also got to use the herbs. so basically just buy more of the herbs to prepare urself. smells nice or not im not very sure but can shower best liao...kekeke...ya no wind is allow to come near us..gosh...can u imagine natural wind also cant
sad.gif

jane,
my hb dun even let me hv sugarcane drinks...hahaha...imagine preggie till now no sugarcane at all

Von,
waa, your mum allows you to shower. That is so unfortunate. I think many mums/MILS are still against shower. Haha, maybe really cannot tahan I will secretly do it. (I will bear in mind your tips.)

Von,
how come no sugarcane? I have it when i'm in first trimester in SG.
The Pilko P3 sold @ btw USD250-280. So, I guess more or less abt the same in SG.

RE: herbs
Can use shower gel then just rinse w/ herbs+water?

RE: coconut drink
My hubby already forbidden me to eat any "cool" stuffs. He said only either 1 week before or when I going to labour then drink.

RE: Timsums
I like "Ding Tai fong" @ Paragon leh.

RE: stretch marks
I starts to get itchy around my tummy & breast area. So far so good *cross my finger*, I have not see any stretch marks. I also realise after I apply stretch cream once, I do feel abit tight, so i use normal moisturiser to ease the itchy.

Jane, Milly,
Wow ur bb considered average onli arh, then my gal considered veri small lei.. She was onli 1.4kg at 30weeks.. Gynae also commented that she is quite small.. Haiz.. Dunno if there's anything wrong with my diet or nt..

Adora,
I love durians but cos my hubby hates it so I am kinda restricted lor.. Throughout my preggie, i took once abt every 2-3 months.. Now that my bb is small and I am very worried, i requested my hubby to let me take durian once a week.. By next checkup see if bb realli put on much more wt or nt since many folks said that durian is very nutritious..

Re EDD:
Me also hope that my bb pop ard 38 weeks lei.. Cannot imagine how much will the hospital bill accumulate too if bb pops too early.. Another major concern will be the development of bb's organs..

Re coconut drink:
I will start taking coconut drinks from 34 weeks.. Prob take abt 2 young coconuts weekly as advised by my aunts..

Re Malay massage:
Have u all started booking your massage ladies?? When do we have to start booking huh? Any of u have recommendation?

Mrg gals!

Re Good Food:
All of u talk about high tea and tim sum yesterday, make me v hungry in e morning. Now bb nudge when i start thinking about Goodwood Park's buffet n Phoenix Hotel's high tea. V bagus.... love e laksa, mee siam! Equinox's ambience is perfect, esp if u go at nite, e scene from above is breathtaking on top of e soothing live jazz. I'm not restricting my diet at all. Hubby n MIL will give in to me most of e time, n mommy not here to restrict me. I still take my fave sushi (luckily sashimi has never been my fave), chill crabs, sugarcane juice (hubby doesnt know it's cooling).

Re Herbs:
Can still use shampoo n shower foam for bathing? Or have to use only herbs water?

Re Breastmilk:
So many of u shows signs of 'milk'. That's good! So far, I'm still dry. Squeeze also no milk!
haha! The lactation consultant from my antenatal class told us not to stimulate breast before week35 as this will stimulate uterus contraction n preterm delivery.

Re Stretchmarks:
So far, stretchmarks haven't been popping out yet. So keeping my fingers n toes crossed!

Serrich:
Does your gynae suggest u take fish oil capsules? Previously, my bb also on e small side at week 26. Ever since I take the capsules, bb is growing faster.

Re Malay Massage:
I have got a few contacts but haven't start calling them yet. My colleagues who will be due 3 weeks before me booked already. I guess we can start booking liao.

hi serrich,

how are u? long time didnt hear from you...i guess there quite a few preggie ladies around our blk so until today we still do not know each other.. ;p

anyway, how big is yr bb now? i m goin for elective c-section so I hope doc can let me operate around 38 wks too.. the weather is gettin too hot, i almost on my aircon round the clock once we are home... how's the temp at higher altitude? hahaha..

washing up during confinement:
me too, don't think my mil (with that 1960s/earlier mind) will let me touch water at all, not even to wash hands! so, i can forego the idea of showering/shampooing myself. i don't dare to visualise, as June/July/August are the hottest months of the year, and no air-con/fan/open windows. Really envy for those who can at least have a herbal washup/wipe
kao_sad.gif

sugarcane:
didn't dare to drink sugarcane myself, esp with lemon, they said is too cooling for the body.

Tim Sum:
Went 'Ding Tai Fong' @ bishan last Friday, didn't find it nice leh, maybe different branch different quality. or either that, i ate too much of those tong luk's Tim Sum already.

Strench marks:
embarrassed.gif
Hubby spotting all the strench marks i have this morning, all of it on right and left bottom of tummy... sigh, no wonder i can't really spotted them in the first place.

Serrich
Same here my hubby hates durians...i only eat when I go back to my mother's place. More pp...better coz I will usually buy few packs. So far hubby doesn't restrict my diet at all...drinking sugarcane since 2nd trim.

Dun worry, I 'm sure your gal will increase wt slowly. Don't take too much durians as they are v heaty n SWEET!

Malay Massage
I just confirm mine this week with Mdm Naini.

Stretch Marks
Found some stretch marks at the side of my waist. Reddish in colour, hope they will fade after delivery....i still want to wear my bikini
kao_blush.gif

adora:
Dun worry, stretchmarks will fade away. In my late teens, I had stretchmarks. They r still here, but not too noticeable, silvery marks.

How much does Mdm Naini charge per session?

is mdm naini good? i read about her in other forums and she always advertise herself. What is her charges like? my priority for massage is meant to slim down fast.

didn't know sugarcane drink is cooling. my hubby and i have been drinking like nobody's business. hee..

my MIL also bought 30 packets of the herbal bath for me to use. Guess she assumes i will bathe everyday. But i am not allowed to use shampoo and soap, just that herbal stuff to sponge myself.

as for durians, it's ok to eat once in a while. i also intend to take coconut juice and meat once a week from week 36 onwards.

Jane Tan
My friend recommended her to me...says she is good. She is charging $450 for 6 sessions, slightly more exp than the rest.

Bathing
I think I am only allow to wipe. Does the herbs for bathing has strong smell??

Confinement Food
Anyone here planning to get confinement food caterer? Any recomendations?

i heard the herbal bath smells good. not sure leh.. haven't opened to smell it.

$450 is more exp indeed... market rate is $40 per hr...

Hi Serrich,
don't worry too much abt bb weight. maybe try to eat and rest more can help bb to put on more weight. eating durians also help hee hee...
If gynae is not concerned than u shouldn't be also. anyway weight measurement is only a guide.

adora,
u book massage lady already ah. I thot of booking only after i deliver. will it be too late ?

re sugarcane & coconut
i hv been drinking sugarcane since preggie as well.

for coconut hvn't eat yet but will start soon. those sell in NTUC can buy and eat or not ?

re herbal bath
i read that it's smells nice. but i think it depends on the individual.

i intend to get the shower gel and shampoo from little dreamers and do wo the herbal bath. more convenient. the herbs need to be boiled before can use for bathing.

shane, you must book in advance. My friends even advised me to book at least 2 mths before as they are real busy.. esp the good ones.

coconuts in ntuc can also.. as long as they are young coconuts.

Cookie,
Will taking fish oil helps? If so, i must try then. Which brand are u taking? My gynae never encourage me to take any other supplements other than the multivit tat he give.

Anyway he told me not to take too nutritious stuff as my blood is quite "dense and thick" so he is worried abt me getting any blood clogs related problems during/after delivery.

Rene,
Hi... yah, long time never pop in liao.. Very tied up with work lately.. Haiz..

I also noticed that there are a lot of preggies around our blks lei.. There will prob be a baby boom this year. I realli pity our kids.. Guess it will be very competitive for them to get enrolled in schools and classes, etc...

Adora,
Hahha... Recently my hubby more accomodating. At least he take effort to buy durians for me thou he hates the smell that will linger in his car. Can u pm me Mdm Naini's contact?

Shane,
I think you better start booking the massage lady now.. just in case their schedule does not fit, then will have problems. So many mamas due in June as well lei..

I have also been drinking sugar cane juice.. Also didnt know that its cooling.. Hehehe.. Anyway my mil also never stop me from drinking so i tot its ok..

Herbal bath:
Can advise where to get e herbs?

Shane:
Best to book massage ladies early.

Re Confinement Food:
I dun intend to cater. Mom will b preparing for me. She suggests threadfin fish every day.

Serrich:
I'm taking NeuroGain. Your gynae knows u best. If he feels u dun have to take anything extra, better for u. Otherwise u may wanna check if it's safe to take. The fish capsules I'm taking can be taken during breastfeeding too. Contains AHA, suppose to do bb's brain n vision good.

serrich,
my gynae say based on his experience mum eating more food may not directly result in bigger bb but bed rest will help bb to grow. maybe if possible you try to rest more during weekends. meaning just eat & sleep only with minimum activities...

re: coconut drink
will start next week when i am in my 36wks.

already started drinking raspberry tea about 2 cups per day...will gradually increase..heard it helps in delivery also

i have also been taking neurogain since 5th mth till now...it pretty expensive though about $30 for 30 capsules...

adora,
me also loves durian. couldnt resist temptations i bought a pack yesterday and finished all by myself ;)

<font color="0000ff">Shane</font>
Better book the massage lady earlier esp those popluar ones. Heard they are booked all the way till Sept.

I also bought young coconut from NTUC.

<font color="0000ff">Serrich</font>
I had pm you her contact. I was also given the Multi-Vit...nothing else. The last time u had a color scan pic of your bb right? Did he print for u every visit?

<font color="0000ff">Milly</font>
Ha ha eat n sleep
kao_sleep.gif
, that's what I have been doing for the past weekends...feels very tired...can doze off while watch TV or reading.

Did u buy the raspberry leave tea online? I am planning to start drinking too! Think I'm getting more heaty so will stop durian for the time being.

adora/cookie,
eat &amp; sleep....ya tats my lifestyle also on weekends. Usually have breakfast about 10.30am then will take a nap at 12 and can wake up at 4pm.....my hubby also very amazed at how much i can sleep in one day
happy.gif

but guess we shd enjoy wat we can now...after delivery dun think we will ever have so much sleep time
sad.gif

re:raspberry tea
ya i order it online. delivery within 3days upon payment...i quite like the tea, the taste is pretty light

re confinement lady
ok will book. but i'm so lost to book which one !

Adora,
is mdm naini gd ?

re Nerogain
I was taking them when i was in 5-6 mths, finished 1 bottle then forgot to buy. Have been looking ard for it but so far the guardians that I visited don't have. sigh.

re baby boom
i agree ley. I see alot of preggies everywhere i go. guess gov's bb package worked huh. but also means we'll have a harder time next time for school enrollment and stuff. sigh.

Milly:
hehe! Like u, I'm also v good at sleeping. I'll wake up late in e morning, take afternoon nap n sleep at night. But I'll wake up at night, to pee. Do a lil housework, whole body aching liao.
Ya lor! Must compensate for e loss of sleep when bb comes.

Shane:
Booking of confinement lady is by word-of-mouth. Same for massage lady. I also v headache which massage lady to book, as those I got from colleagues say theirs do good jobs. Dunno whose e best...

I got my supply of NeuroGain from my gynae. U may wanna check with yr gynae. I can't find it in pharmacies so far.

Re Baby Boom:
Oh yes! Already at my office, I'm the 10th preggy. Headache man, when it comes to enrolling our kids for Primary 1.

yah, better sleep more now... or else... we really can go sleepless for days and mths esp if we want to bf.

can give me the no. for Mdm Naini? will call and check her rates.

my gynae also didn't give me any supplements other than multi-vitamins.

milly, which website did you go to order the rasberry tea? how much?

This list was posted before by Von :

Traditional Malay/Indonesian Massage Pre &amp; Post-Natal :
Mdm Jamilah Tel: 6-8530153 / Pager: 92077371
Mdm Naini. Mobile 94562817, Tel 62190062.
Mdm Fauziah. Tel: 91993324
Mariam Rawi, Aesthetician &amp; Physiotherapist (Indah Faidah Traditional Salon), HP : 9067 2482
Mdm Dolly Lim, (at customer's house), Contact HP: 97386081

called mdm naini and she is driving. asked me to call 2 hrs later... guess her business must be real good.

i just called auntie sham to book her. found her contact in the forum also. $50 per hr for 5-7 sessions. can start right after discharge for normal delivery.

what type of herbs did u all buy for bathing? Definitely gg bath lah SO HOT 2day 34degree cant tahan liao
I aso love durians my hubby aso jus eaten 3 yesterday and he gg buy. I nt worried baby big or I fat jus scare diabetes keke
I m getting massage lady only after give birth...

ailamak u all so early drink rasperry tea? I tot w induce labour :p
nurogain u can try SGH and NTUC pharmacy jus $29. I been eating that since my 3rd mth of preggie.
I find multi-vit &amp; calcium quite heaty wat u all tin?

Jane Tan
When I called her, she was always on the 'move'...either driving or gg to client's house...can tell she is v busy.

I just hope she is good. She asked for my weight before preggie n weight now so she could prepare the herbs.

dunnoleh
Raspberry tea can be taken from 1st-3rd trimester
don't think it will induce labour.

milly, i just ordered the rasberry tea also. only ordered 1 packet which equals to 30 cups. also ordered some bras and bra pads. you paid by DBS transfer right? how long do they take to deliver?

my mil bought my herbal bath from Johor which is half price... only RM1 a pack i think. Singapore sells SGD1 a pack.

Jane Tan
I called Naini, already confirmed with her.
You bought nursing bra from pumpkin.com? I like the strapless bra..looks nice but only black color.

Can let me know the bra quality when you received your package. Thanks!

jane,
once they confirm the order, they will send you an email to advise the account to pay to. once you effect payment they will send you the tea. i received about 3 days after payment

adora, yes, i bought the bras from pumpkin.com. the strapless one is white in colour. the other cami one only black, so i got black... one each.

thanks milly. Looking forward to start drinking rasberry tea and wearing those bras. look so comfortable and tempting... hee... i hope they are big enough as the max is 38. will need space to put pads and after birth, will be bigger... now i am already wearing 38 or 40.

Jane,
i just went in to look at the bras. the cami one look really comfortable. can feedback how is it when u rec'd them ? I think i'll like to buy also.

Not sure abt the strapless one tho'. don't know really can support or not. But the prices are not steep so can try ...

will keep you all posted once i get the bras. so far, they have not emailed me their dbs account no. for me to transfer funds, so will have delay i think. Yah, i don't mind trying out since it's quite cheap. I prefer the stripeless one as it's easier for bf.

Nowadays pasa malam got sell coconuts. Those small ones. Can drink those ? Considered young coconuts ?

Also, i hvn't buy my button front pjs and nursing bras yet ! sigh. looks like there's more shopping to do ...

so far any recommendation for gd nursing bras ? mothercare ones ?

hi ladies,
i just went for my check up this morning. me at 32weeks bb weight 2.24kg and mummy already gained 12kg.

bb growing well but alas need to do a detail bone scan at NUH becos bb's long bone (ie thigh bone) is slightly shorter than normal. Hopefully it will be like what dr say that nothing is wrong.

Milly, i am also delivering at Mt E, asked about whether there would be any charges differences between one and two bedder. The nurse told me that only hospital charges will differ, gyane charges would be the same regardless.
Did you manage to find out more from your gyane?

Hi Cherry,
wow your bb is on the big side. My bb 1.7kg when 31 wks.

your weight gain is gd ley, so little. taking away bb weight u only gain 10kg.

don't worry, measuring on the u/s m/c normally not very accurate.

cherry, your baby is big too. yah, agree with shane your weight gain is so little... good for you. i put on near 20kg now at week 33.

i wish i can lose them all through the malay massage after birth, wish i can lose 10kg immediately after giving birth in hospital. i have a friend who lost 10kg when she was discharged.

hi ladies,
went for scan yday...gynae said bb shld be abt 2kg at 32weeks...everything good, water ard the bb is making her very comfortable
happy.gif

babyluv,
cos after hearing the program fm duno wic radio station she starts to know what need to be done in order to shower w/out much harm

anns,
cos my hb n some of mine frds heard of ppl miscarriage after drinking. aiyah anyway i've no craving so just bear with it lor
im not sure abt shower gel, even can also better dun put too much cos you're suppose to shower quick quick n out of the toilet

cookie,
rdgs to massage lady better book them now rather than ltr esp if they're famous lor...i already booked mine liao so just waiting for my bb to pop out then give her a call

adora,
i heard tat the herbs in fact smell nice
happy.gif

rene,
thks for the link...kekeke...

jane,
aiyah...the program is by a very old sensei n she said last time during china time can shower lah just tat duno y spread to SG those old grannies said no to shower. u can even go shopping if you're feeling alrite...can on the window for natural wind, aircon also a yes provided u keep urself warm esp our joints

shane,
u got my PM?

Shane, Jane,
I asked and they told me that bb only average size not really big leh?? aiyo, in terms of weight, i was already 58kg pre-preg, so with the 12kg weight gain now weigh more than 70kg! hence, need to be very careful what i eat.

Jane, wow your friend super good, loss 10kg. one of my friend, gained 10-11 kg for whole pregancy and her bb weigh 4kg!

Back