(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

ladies,
someone mentioned abt going SCGS rite? ive checked liao...those attending be in mon-sun class are going for the talk tmr (21st Apr)

jane tan,
yalor...just now i went to see the paper again gosh...also faint man...but hw to reach there on time?

i should be taking 3mths straight also. If doing breastfeeding its better if we can stretch our ML otherwise once we are back at work cannot latch on bb anymore....my company quite nice also they dun mind me taking 3mths straight since they getting someone to cover or else once i am back still need to clear the remaining ML also "ma fun" administratively

Hi adora,
Thanks for the Toyogo address.. I am wondering if they are able to give us a group discount hor? If so, it will be better to make a group purchase together lei.. What u gals think?

Hi shane,
I understand how you feel about those problems with the hands me downs.. My sil also passed us some hands down stuff.. Though some nt in realli good condition but can still be used lor.. They meant well afterall, helping us to cut down cost mah.. But certain things if you find it nt in good condition then dun use lor.. Just go buy new ones.. My mil told me not to buy milk bottles cos my sil will pass me a few.. When hubby and i realised that its those used bottles, we told my mil that we prefer to get new ones for hygiene purposes lor.. Anyway, i read from somewhere that milk bottles should be discarded after abt 5 months of usage and teats should be replaced every 2 months..

Hi Von & June,
U gals also attending the doctor talk this evening? Will u be gg alone or with hubby? I might be attending the talk as well.. How abt meeting up?? Von, I will be gg from home as well since I am gg for my gynae checkup in the afternoon and nt gg back to office..

Hi milly,
Same here.. Me also intending to take 3 months straight.. Due to change in jobscope recently, I am now kinda overloaded so i dropped my inital intention to work on half-day basis for the extended 4 weeks maternity leave.. I dont want to end up having to work OT every day if i cant finish my work within the half working day.. Might as well enjoy my full 3 mths with my bb, give her all the attention, putting work stress aside.. I am also hoping to bf exclusively but nt sure if I am determined enuf to cope or nt..

Re playpen vs cot:
Personally, I find that its safe to put bb in cot until they know how to stand with support.. Will prob put my bb in a walker when i need to do my stuff.. Bb cot is solely for sleeping and changing purposes from 6 mths onwards? Playpen will more appropriate if there is a need to leave the toddlers unattended for a while..

Re stroller:
I think Graco and Maclauren is much better compared to Lucky Baby and Combi lei.. Aprica also another popular brand but too pricey. My sil bought Graco and Lucky Baby pram... We ended up using the Graco one all the time though my niece is a bit grown out for the pram.. :)

So sorry for the long posting huh.. Long time never log in so must take this good chance to chat with u gals.. No luxury to log in to internet during office hours leow..

Hello gals,

I'm back. Luckily my bleeding stops after bedrest with legs up and plenty of fluids, its helps. My OB said since my BB is showing active movment, I still keep my appointment date and any early labour sign just inform her again. Plentiful of rest is required to prevent early labour.

RE: stroller
Yesterday I just order Combi stroller from internet: http://www.combi-intl.com/2800.htm
At first we wanted Maclaren Techno XT, but my friend said normally we will have 2 strollers as our kid grows. So we get a okok one first, later we will get a lighter umbralla type.

RE: Carseat
My friend pass me a mint condition graco snugride infant carseat. Good thing is it able to attached to my stroller that I just brought. She said good. Once our bb unable to sit on it, we will upgrade to Convertible car seat - Evenflo or combi.

RE: Epi
I will go for it if I cannot tahan... and I think chances v. high. But I won't go for spinal blocker...

RE: BB's engaged.
I finally feels my BB head down and seems like in position. Whether has he engaged, I have to wait till my OB check on my next appointment. But sometimes I can really feels his fingers very below. I think after days of trying to sleep on left side, he finally get the idea of it and hardly pushing now.
happy.gif

milly,
ya same thots here. it can be so troublesome trying to clear the last mth of ML within 6mths which for our case is by Dec. There're so many schools hols by then so if crashes with those who wants to take during the same period a bit unfair. i also dun want to 'disappear' fm the office as n when.

serrich,
rgds to milk bot most likely i will get new ones even if ppl pass down to me cos u duno how those ppl handled the bots before you.

anns,
how much does the stroller cost? it looks very comfy for the bb.

good to know everyone's bb is so active. u must rest well...

last nite i had a terrible stomach pain...gosh...i tht cham liao cant be so early rite. guess what anns said is rite we must hv plenty of rest unfortunately im not able to. ive been so tired running fm IL to my parents' place everynite...by the time reached hm it's really late still got to do a bit of hsework.

stress is coming in to me till i duno how to handle it already
sad.gif

Von,
Combi Ultra Savvy 2800 series - USD100 from ebay--new in box. As I'm staying in US, so shipping cost only USD20.

anns,
ohh...u now in US? wow...great to know someone fm US via SB :D

Ohh...tat's a very affordable price but shld we order in SG then it will be much ex for shipping and takes longer time to reach us. i ordered something via SG website already took so long to arrive...sigh...

My hubby actually check the price of stroller in SG before, and some strollers like Maclaren 2004 model cost almost the same as in US. I ever have a lady quote me S$315 for 2004 Maclaren Techno XT model.

u ladies really go all way out to chk on strollers hor...me really know nothing abt stroller brands. guess i got to do some hmwork

Von,
coz' in US, very common to have stroller, but I believe in Singapore, most of the mother using sling. I also brought MIM sling and intend to use it when I'm back SG for holiday.

von,
i also know nuts abt stroller. I know the gd ones are ex tho'
lame.gif

serrich,
ya lor, bo pian. I do appreciate all their help and thoughtfulness. Ya, we intend to get new ones for those items that can't be used.

milk bottles i bot new ones, didn't cross my mind at all to use hand me downs.

anns,
glad to hear you're fine now. must take care and rest more okie.

von,
must rest more. how come u rushing from IL and parents plc ? Now we advance stage already, tend to feel tired easier. must have a gd nite rest.

anns,
true lor but if u duno how to use the sling also no use

shane,
hahaha...lucky got u same as me :p yalor yalor...very ex indeed

anns,
im afraid this type cannot use for long leh...moreover mine is a gal dun want later her leg open wide wide :p later stage become a habit also

Whats the diff between stroller and pram? We shd get pram 1st rt? stroller is for bigger baby?

I always tot Combi is a gd brand coz its light

sling is getting popular. my sil gave me one. so i'll try to use but i have no idea who to use :p

Ya i think stroller is for toddlers. Pram more for babies.

I like combi as well. But i think slightly more pricey.

i havent get any stroller yet also. was thinking of buying later since we will not need it so soon right?

is it a must to put bb on car seat huh? just thinking even at 2/3 mths bb are still so fragile not sure how secure car seat is leh? also wat if they keep on crying and insist on been carried? is it an offence not to put bb on car seat?

shane,
at least u hv hands on unlike us :p me going for the talk abt hw to use the sling on sat.

yap...combi will surely be very pricey

milly,
personally i will get it much later for now still want to feel good abt carrying my bb near me :d

i tink this u better chk lor...i tink car seat is a must for kids but how old im not sure

milly,
dunno leh, I ever saw my friend carry her BB in her arm when her hubby driving in SG. I think some police will close one eyes.. but better check lor. In US, no carseats is serious offense. newborn cannot discharge w/o showing them carseat. Actually you can get those convertible one, that can use for babies till toddler. Not necessary infant car seat unless BB is really too small.

von, where is the talk on sling held? what time? i am interested to attend too.

yah, car seat, you can get those from infant to 3 or 4 yrs old, don't waste money buying infant one and then 1 yr later, change again.

i intend to carry in my arms for 3 mths and then switch to car seat which was meant for sitting position only.. given by my sis.

milly,
stroller can put on hold. i also not buying yet. maybe only after 1st mth than buy. i'll try to use the sling first.

as for car seat, by law it's mandatory. Even for the trip back from hospital. But i don't intend to put bb in the seat for discharge. Prefer to carry her. Only few days old, heartpain to put her in the hard hard plastic thing.
I'll definitely be shopping for a car seat, incase need to travel in the car for doc visit or gai gai. Shouldn't be a prob placing a 2,3 mths baby in the seat cos the harness will secure the bb. If u find the seat too hard, can place more cloth or cushion to cushion bb. there's a head support that can be bot to support bb's head.

I'm aiming for a car seat that can use from infant to abt 4 yrs old. More economical. But those are quite huge. the infant car seats are so small and cute, can use as a bb carrier and rocker also, but bad thing is can only use till abt 18 mths only. so no pt. I saw one (infant car seat) at bb hyperstore, only $79, red in colour and very nice. But not practical.

Their infant - 4yrs car seat range from 120-160 for the lower end range. Gd car seats can go up to 300-400 bucks.
lame.gif

I think bargaining is allowed at both bb hyperstore and bb kingdom. I intend to go down to the chinatown shop to look c look c if their prices are as competitive as well.

jane tan,
i placed an order with them already cos they're running out of the print i want :p

it's at MIM, they are open this Sat at 11.15am but u hv to register urself. ive already registered

von,
I can't make it ley ... sigh .. i got class at 3pm
sad.gif

U listen already then come back share share with us hor hee hee ...

shane,
it's just half an hr fm 11.15am, u can make it one lah....go lah maybe can see how they tie the sling leh..moreover got new clothes in as well.

but if u gals really cant then i will come share with u liao

thanks von. so babywearing is about using the sling?

thanks anns for your advice. will check and see if got breoken parts.

i was intending to carry her also in the car maybe for 1st 3mths then i dun need to get infant carseat. can get those for 4mths onwards maybe. but scare kana fine leh if i didnt put bb in car seat for the 1st 3 mths.

actually come to think of it if we were to take taxi or bus also have to carry bb in yours hands wat...

von,
ya i saw the babywearing one is 1/2 hr only. But abit sien ley, go half hr, then i leave, then wat i do from 12 to 3 ?
uh oh.gif

and my hubby can't make it also.
u gg with hubby ?

actually i also 1 2 go c the littledreamers showrm...hmmm....

milly,
i think can 'negotiate' with the policeman if kena caught. make up some excuses, say bb cranky and stuff. But i tink the safest place is still putting bb in car seat. Cos if anything happens *touchwood* our first reaction will be to throw watever we have in our hands.

Another reason is also i wanna train my bb to sit in car seat incase i need to travel with her alone and i need to drive. so must start young. there are some bbs who simply refuse to sit in the car seat cos they r not used to it.

shane,
im going with my mama cos my hb working :d if u want u can join us just register ur urself...after tat we're planning to go shopping :D

shane, think you can carry her in your arms but must sit at the back. If you sit in front, it's an offence. But at the back, maybe can be excused. hee..

but if you put your BB on the sling and wear a seat belt, it consider safe too isn't it? That's what my friend do. but I did see she sit behind instead of front.

von,
i think i'll give it a miss. feel kinda lazy to go there for 1/2 hr
lame.gif

jane, anns,
ya i'll sit at the back definitely if carrying bb.

can put bb in sling and seat belt? will it be uncomfortable ?

shane,
kekeke...i also a bit lazy but i will try to go if im not too tired at least get to know how to wear before buying the sling

shane,
dunno leh, she didn't tell me that. I saw her carry BB in the sling, so her arm is actually supporting BB then seatbelt over it. Maybe losen the seat belt abit. Maybe first 3 months BB must be extra careful coz' of their neck still v.weak.

Hi all, finally get to log in (account got suspended for unknown reason)

sitting in car: i do not have a choice but to sit in front carrying the baby :p because is a van, and hubby sure not allowing me to sit behind.

Anyway, for me, not thinking of getting a 'baby seat' yet till much later. But like what anns said, BB's neck is very weak at early months, so rather don't travel too much if possible.

wow, didn't know that US is so strict about carseat and newborn. But what if mothers are taking a cab @ discharging from hospitals/Birth Centres? Can't be assuming everybody drives, isn't it?

Jane,
I neve take taxi in US coz' very expensive. A trip like from AMK -> Toapayoh cost USD20. Therefore, most family sure has 1 car coz' its a basic need unless in city. Else they give birth @ home with midwife. Even mother don't drive, sure has friends/family who has car and knows.

Even car rental company has carseat for rent if you have kids. Whenever there an car accident involve children, the car insurance company will want the parents to change the carseat nomatter what(same brands, paid by insurance). This is California regulations. I not sure about other states. We even has company that inspect carseats or teach you how to fix in the carseats.

My hospital already inform us(MTB) no carseats, BB cannot discharge. Maybe my hospital v. strict lor. Even visitors come visit, must take visitor lift and only 2 @ the time and must give full name of parents they visits. Those w/o legal badges or tags and want carry BB out of hospital will be stop and question. Normally a hospital staff will accompany you to the hospital door step when u discharge w/ BB. After that you cannot come in w/ BB coz'no more parents tags, else, u will be stopped and question.

One website to share...
http://www.youngnutrition.net/parents/funtipsvideo/index.php

2 yrs ago, me and a group of friends drove up to Malaysia, one of them have a 6mth BB and no car seat. Our way back SG, their car kena stopped by Malaysia police, but was told they speeding & fine $50 and didn't mention anything abt carseat. Anyone knows is Malaysia okay w/o carseat for infant?

Back