(2005/06) Due in June 2005, Any 1

Guys,

Do you experience yellowish secretion? I don't know if it's normal but it's staining my panties quite a bit and I have to wear panty liners every day. Is this normal?

Lisa

Hi All,

Can I join in the discussions pls? I'm in my 6th week now, EDD 5 Jul. But actually i think EDDs are subject to change and will be better ascertained later in the pregnancy. I'm likely to be delivering at TMC. Gynae only delivers there.

btw, can I ask when the weight gain will start setting in? I'm quite paranoid of putting on too much weight!

Hi Bookworm, same thing happened to me! Last Monday, I tested faintly positive on a home pregnancy test kit - went to GP and it was faint so results were considered doubtful. Went to gynae on Wed, urine test results were doubtful too, and gynae couldn't see sac yet, so told me to come back one week later. actually GPs use the same test kits as those bought over the pharmacy, so no point going to GP to confirm pregnancy i feel.

Went again this afternoon to the gynae - wella! found the sac in the right place. phew!
am not taking any supplements except folic acid.

so far no morning sickness, no secretion either, no breast pains, but super super sleepy all day long. is this normal?

Lisa,

thks. your points are valid, will take them into consideration.

glad to hear u have made an appt with Dr Watt. Pls share how it went. Hopefully you'll have a gd experience with her
happy.gif

re yellowish staining. Yes i have them everyday. and worse, i can't wear pantyliner cos getting over an infection and me very sensitive if wear everyday will get infection. sigh.

doodbug,
congrats !

I think weightgain will start in 2nd trimester. abt 2kg a mth, tt's wat i read from the more experience mtbs hee hee ..

yep, tiredness is a symptom of pregnancy so don't worry. just get plenty of rest. As you're still early, more symptoms might come along as you progress in your pregnancy or you could remain as per normal like some lucky ones who don't get morning sickness at all. Keep your fingers crossed !
happy.gif

Hi everyone,

Thought of sharing with you guys on what I read. I've been following the progress of my baby week by week eversince I got to know I'm pregnant. For your info, I'm 5+ weeks pregnant.
-------------------------------------------------

<font size="+0">At 5 Weeks ... </font>

Your Baby
Already a busy little bee, your developing embryo now has three layers. The outer layer, or ectoderm, will develop into the nervous system, while the endoderm, or inner layer, will become the liver, pancreas, intestines, and bladder. This week, the mesoderm, or middle layer, is developing into the heart and circulatory system, which will be the first organs to function. In the weeks to come, the mesoderm will also form the bones, muscles, kidneys and reproductive organs.

Your Body
Hold onto your--breasts! If they don't feel sore yet, chances are they will in another few days. For many women, breast tenderness is the first physical sign of pregnancy. Other symptoms include fatigue, nausea, bloating, and, less commonly at this stage, a craving for foods containing salt, iron, or vitamin C.
With all these changes going on, chances are you don't feel like doing chores around the house. In fact, there are certain things you shouldn't be doing now. At the top of the list is changing the cat litter, especially if your cat spends any time outdoors. Toxoplasmosis, a disease spread through the feces of infected cats, can cause birth defects if passed from mother to unborn child. If you must change the litter, wear rubber gloves, get your cat tested for the disease, and keep her indoors for the duration of your pregnancy.

Fast Facts
Get ready: You're boarding the world's biggest emotional roller coaster. Fluctuations in your hormones over the next nine months, along with a raft of physical changes and the fact that you are undergoing a life-altering experience, can take you for one wild ride. Don't be surprised if you feel elated, depressed, angry, sentimental, powerful, and insecure--sometimes all in the space of an hour.

Thks for the article, Lisa. It sure is informative. I've been reading up on the development of the baby eversince i'm preggie also.
happy.gif
It's just so amazing.

hi
Thanks shane for the tip, had seen my GP again before the holiday for referral to gynae @ KKH (because i live near there) and gave me some medication for the protection &amp; constipation. And he too recommended Papaya and other fruits except citris fruits like oranges and pineapple.

i often look up this site (http://pregnancydaily.com/cgi-bin/duedatecalc.cgi) when i gets bored everyday in office, maybe you can try it too.

Hm some1 tell me not 2 eat papaya &amp; watermelon. 2 many tins to listen :p

I drink prune juice for my constipation dunno can drink or not.

Eat fruits jus beware dun eat 2 heaty fruits. My constipation is due 2 I ate 2 much heaty fruits :p

hi 'dunnoleh'

not really sure about what are 'heaty' fruits, can give some examples? So i can avoid them (to prevent my constipation gettting worse.)

anyway, there are a lot of things to listen to... but some are myths to be discarded.
happy.gif
else, one will end up lying on the bed 24x7 and eating northing but chinese 'medicines' and pills. which nearer what happened to me
sad.gif

That day I bought 2 boxes of pessimon and I ate 2/3 a day and the thai jumbu aso bery heaty. I ate these 2 together and this is the 1st time in my life I suffer from such bad constipation
sad.gif
I nv hv constipation in my life before pregnancy.
Do u suffer from piles?

My GP advised me to drink 2 Coke bottles of plain water every day to prevent constipation especially after taking the folic acid. I also never had constipation, until recently. And I also have bouts of diarrhoea too. But I have to agree with the GP, that I've not been drinking enough water recently.

Just wondering, is it not good to drink gassy drinks during pregnancy ah? I love to drink Coke, but since I was pregnant, I cut down a lot. But sometimes, I just feel like drinking, will it be harmful to the baby?

Lisa

I haven't reach the stage of having pile yet. My GP gave me pills for softening the bowels when i complaint about the constipation, it works, but as instructed, to be taken at night, and best possible before non-working day, else will be running for the washroom during work.

As in gassy drink, i love gassy drinks like coke too, but i'm refraining from them since i had my suspicions of being a preggie as it contain caffeine &amp; too much sugar.
Personally, feel that it is good to avoid gassy drinks as the sugar content is a bit too high and is coolld, quite dangerous for preggie to be diabetic.

Of course, to be sure, it is better to as the gynae, if you have any.

My GP got give me softening bowels fluid but it wont cause me go toillet tat frequent. It works lah but too bad I hv kena piles liao
sad.gif

Poor thing.

for me, i'm more concerned what i can eat, because i'm pratically almost throwing out everything!
This 1st trimester's not going be to easy for me
sad.gif

Hi Jane,

How early did you start to throw up? For me, I don't have such problems (I hope not!) but I do feel dizzy most of the time.

Lisa

hi Lisa

i had nausea since week 5. Only start throwing up around end of week 6. i feel dizzy too, but not so frequent, only moments after gettting up from sitting position. strange part is, it is usually the vegetables or vegetarian type of food or just plain water being thrown out.

Morning ladies,

dunno,
papaya is gd for pregnancy. But watermelon might be alittle cooling, don't eat too much. I've been eating alot of papaya.

there's too many things to listen so sometimes i prefer not to know. just stay away from those really potential harmful things can already. as for i food, i always believe everything in moderation is ok. We all need alot of nutrition for the baby now, so it's better to eat properly than to avoid alot of food.

lisa,
it's better to cut down on gassy drinks esp coke since there's caffine. But i still do sneak a sniff or 2 from hubby hee hee ... a few sips should be ok, but don't drink a whole can. :p

Jane,
no prob. hope u get better soon. I'm pretty alrite with not much nausea or dizziness (touch wood) but i noticed these few days i've been feeling slightly more nausea. I hope it will quickly pass, really feel sucky.
sad.gif
Also everything i eat is tasteless... so sad ... so most of the time i don't feel like eating but then i get hungry then i feel nausea.. so tong ku !

Most imptly is to eat small meals frequently. that might help in keeping the food down. that was advised by my gynae.

I also have bouts of diarrhoea too !
sad.gif
i wonder if it's too much papaya. I also stopped drinking yakult, incase that's wat caused it.

Shane nausea but wont vomit out rt? Hv u go for ultra scan last week? I gg to scan this sat. Wonder how my baby grow to ;)

dunno,
ya just feel nausea then feel like vomitting but didn't vomit out. So far I vomitted out 2x, very sucky feeling. I see watever i eat all come out, yucks.

My check up is this friday. I also wonder how my bb grow already hee hee ... looking forward.
happy.gif

yah, same here.. feel more nausea, esp on empty stomach or when i am full! so torturing..

i have drank yakult too but still having constipation..

hi dunnoleh,
i'm in my 8th wk too..but i dun hve any symptons leh.....
except burping....

shane,
u gng for ur 2nd visit?? my 2nd visit in dec..so still hve to wait 2 more wks...
can eat alot of papaya meh?i heard tt eating too much papaya,the bb will be abit yellow when born leh..but dunno how true it is lah.....

me coming to 8 week tomorrow :p
now i'm throwing more things than vegetables and water... like eggs. But i got less of those breast soreness and feeling the growth of the stomach (which shouldn't be that fast)

Thanks Shane, i hope i'll get better soon. Now i tend to stay in bed in the mornings and even had light breakfast on bed before actually getting up... so lessen the amount of food being thrown up.

forgetmenot,
yup, my 2nd visit. waited so long. just hope everything is fine with baby. actually i also worry like you for baby cos can't feel anything. But i think that's wat all of us go thru' till we see baby everytime we go see the doc.

normally how long is the interval for the check up ? 2 wks ? 3 wks ? 1 mth ?

shane,
actually i oso dunno leh...think shd be 3wks to 1 mth..
my gynae asked mi to go back to see him in 3 wks time..so it will be in dec

forgetmenot,
same. after my 1st visit, was told to go back 3 weeks later. such a long wait huh. So now i'm wondering after 2nd visit, when will be the 3rd .. scarly 1 mth, then i got to wait till neck long long
crazy.gif

I think shd b 1 mth ... so rich ah wan go c so often
happy.gif

I heard 2 much papaya no good lor. Jus back from lunch wan oink oink liao.

Yakult good or not? Now got a new type more expensive nv try b4

dunno,
ha ha, not rich lah, but the only way to ensure everything is ok is to see gynae lor. cos now still can't feel baby mah.

oh is it ? i'll cut down my papaya abit then. When at work, everyday i also eat 1 slice. i think will alernate with other fruits.

yakult should be gd for moving ur bowels.

ya i also feel like sleeping after lunch. so torturous. Just counting down to gg home ....

Hv u all think of using CL? wat does she do? my hubby said if jus cook his mum can do.

Actually dun worry 2 much our babies are all growing well
happy.gif

i think for CL,besides cooking..she will help to look aft the bb too right?

i tried the new yakult before..i think it taste the same as normal yakult leh...n is more ex leh...

CL are supposed to do hsewk also. And there are CLs who stay over and those who do not.
this is wat i know from my friend's CL. But CLs nowadays really not cheap.

Got new yakult meh ? same brand as yakult or diff brand. I didn't see ....

forgetmenot,
huh ? then wat's special with this new one ? less sugar ? will keep my eye open when i next go to the supermarket. expensive ley ... 3+, yakult 2+ i already find it expensive :p hee hee

ya CL not cheap. So if let mum or mil do, then can save some money, tho' still need to give them money, but i think no need to give till CL rate.

yah, the new yakult so much more ex! Me still taking the old packaging one..

Jane,
your ms so jialat! Hope it'll get better as time goes by..

shane,
yah lor, my next visit also 1 mth later... Very worried.. Hahahaha... so every day my hubby will put his ear on my stomach to hear for the bb's heartbeat.. Then listen to my heartbeat to ensure that he's realli hearing our bb's heartbeat. At least we feel more assured...

i also heard abt the papaya myth.. Can eat a considerable amt. But dun take too much, it might be harmful to our bbs..

dunnoleh,
It will be good to get a CL if your mum/mil is nt able to help out or they dun have experience at all. My aunt is a CL.. She will cook for the mums, bathe the bb, wash bb's clothes and clean the floor... From 7am-6pm.. Just a rough guide here.. Not too sure what other CL does..

For my case, I will nt be getting any CL. Will most prob get my MIL to help out. If she's nt able to manage then i will get my aunt to help too... :)

Give MIL do a lot of prob. u can complain CL u cant complain MIL
biggrin.gif

somemore all sons love their mum mah if we complain hubby nt happy even he kn his mum wrong. Sigh!
crazy.gif

CL really cost a lot some more 1 more pp come stay water bill etc all go up

dunnoleh,

But then hor all men loves their children wat, esp their newborn bbs... If hubby went thru labour with us, then they might be more thoughtful?? Hahahaha....

CL can be pretty exp.. I hope that I will nt end up getting one.. Hahhaa... Maybe just engage my aunt if my mil cannot cope..

serrich,
wah, really 1 mth ah. sienz man.

how to hear the bb heartbeat ? really can hear ? my hubby tried to hear but he say can only hear my growling stomach
blush.gif

dunno,
ha ha, u really very funny ley. even thing of the water bill, etc.
actually give mil or mum do all the same, all cannot complain cos it's like helping you already, so cannot complain. But i relunctant to engage CL cos so expensive, I rather my money go to own family members.

shane,
yah lor.. I am looking forward to see how much my bb has grown!!

Hmm... should be able to hear lei.. my hubby always place his ear on my stomach, on the left to the naval. Slightly below the naval.. The bb's heartbeat is different from our heartbeat. bb's heartbeat is much faster...

Ask ur hubby to try exploring putting on different parts.. If he placed on the right position, should be ale to hear quite clearly.

serrich,
really ah. tonight i try. but the room must be really quiet is it ? this is something to look forward to hee hee ... must ask hubby to concentrate. hee hee ....

U and me abt same timing rite ? 8-9 weeks ? or maybe u faster than me so can hear already ?

any of you gals still waking up at nite ? I still wake up at nite ard 4-5 am ley ... so annoying
sad.gif

now i also muching on my bun. normally get hungry ard this time. how abt u gals ?

shane,
mine will be 8 weeks tomorrow. when i went for the 3D scan during mid of 6 weeks, can already hear bb's heartbeat from the scan.. my hubby onli started monitoring bb's heartbeat last week..

i also get hungry very easily. Take small servings at more intervals now.. Just started to take EnfaMama every morning.. Do u gals take any supplements?

Shane me same as u. 4am wake up go toilet keke really troublesome wan sleep cannot sleep so everyday go office is only 60% wake.

I got take fish oil and folic acid, tats all.

I think enfamum/anmum etc is heaty leh. Do any of u feel tat? I used 2 take 3 cups now I take 1 or none and drink HL milk instead

dunnoleh,
Is it? I onli drink once a day. I am also taking Magnolia fresh milk...

But i do have craving for cold drinks, esp coke!! Everytime i see hubby drinking coke, i will take a few sips... Also have craving for curry fish head.. Haiz...

Hi mommies,

There's a parenting talk for new parents this Sat, just in case u gals might be interested??
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/seminar/babe

Me and hubby will be attending.. If any of u interested, maybe we can meet??

Thanks serrich. i hope it will stop soon after 1st trimester. :p

My mil will be volunteering to be the CL :p so, kind of covered in that aspect, just that i have to bear with her ancient ways of doing things.

and yes, shane, i find it annoying waking up in the middle of night having nausea over hunger in the beginning. but now, i guessed my body is too exhausted to wake up at wee hours... that's probably why i had this throwing up of food started esp morning. and me too, already eaten one round of tea break thanks to my colleagues :D expecting the next hunger pang 2 hours later :|

i'm only starting my first visit to gynae this thursday. Hope he/she's nice.

Back