(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

hi San,
Even with epidural, you still need to push! Really must muster the technique to push. I pushed the wrong way, rather than pushing downwards, all the pushing went upwards to face. At teh end, had little red spots all over my face.. Doc sais I pushed salah, ended up blood vessels burst. macham strawberry shortcake

San

So how long was your recovery period from the time you delivered Denyce and you're able to walk and pee "freely"?

For those mummies who went through natural birth, do most of you have episiotomy?

tsp,
push wrong way will go up the face? i didn't know that. I only know if push wrong way, the wrong "area" will open up. hahaha. Btw, strawberry shortcake very cute mah. hehe.

Fashion,
u finally reappear leh. I can walk very soon as I remember I change fr 2 bedded to 1 bedded shortly I push to 2 bedded. I dun remember if i walk to my new room myself but I know i very fast go up and down my bed. As I said, i dun have numbness. I feel numbness in my left leg only but my right is totally numb free. For peeing, I dun remember liao but i did it within the timing they need us to pee. I keep walk to toilet to force myself pee even i got no urge. I scared later they need poke needle below me for urine. So i must die die do it.

yah lor, have been so lazy... now my sitting position better 'cos no longer facing my MD... we just moved to The House of Eden @ 4 Robinson Road....

my gynae said this time round, my baby not as big as Erica so she asked me to consider natural birth instead of caesearean but I'm afraid of the contraction pain and so on but it'll definitely be better 'cos the recovery period is much faster than c-section and allows me to carry Erica...

BTW, have you toiled-trained Denyce?

Tigger!!
Congrats...
welcome baby tigger KAYLA!!
happy.gif

adeline,
dun noe where the blding leh. too new liao.

Is gd for natural lah. tat time during birth, i so regret that I go for natural. I was thinking if c-sect, i will not go thru the longs hrs, pain. Really regret big time during the birth process. HB still ask me give up go c-sect when he see me so pain and keep get scolded by me in the labour room. hehe. But after birth, I was happy that I make it as I can walk freely and go for the exercise session and do whatever leg lifting or stomach crunching exercise. Those c-sect mummies who went for the session, can only sit 1 side look. The speed they walk is also so slow but I can even RUN. So i got no regrets after that lor but only during the pain, u will curse and swear lor. The real tough part is the 30 days "prison" at home wz mild post natal depression and struggling to breastfeed. Giving birth is only 1 day, confinemnt is 1 mth! So you think lah. Mummies got no choices, then they opt for C-sect, if you can go for natural, why not right?

Denyce not toilet train yet. I remember erica already potty train since very young right. so must be easy on her. My mum no time to train her as she got no time to monitor and clear her mess. Wkend i try to let her wear panty but, alot of times i keep go out, also can't train much.

Btw, when is erica going to have a didi or mei mei?

it's a small building opp. AIA Tower, next to TCC.. the management just recently gave the building a name "The House of Eden".... quite duh...

I wanted natural with Erica but 'cos my water level low and Erica was big and overdue so gynae asked me to go for c-section... i'm having another girl in September...

Even though she was potty train but she's very stubborn, refused to say when she wants to go pee pee... she'll always wait till she pee-ed on the floor then she'll tell you and when you ask her whether she wants to go pee pee, she says 'don't want'... *angry*... hee...

adeline,
same wz denyce. pee liao then come and tell me she shh shh. everytime we ask her, she also will say dun want. sometime i force to bring her to toilet, the pee so much liao and yet she can tell me dun want. So wz her stubborness or lazy character (think they jus simply feel very "fan" by us keep asking them go pee), its hard for my mum to train as she very scared she pee onto the sofa cos' the house belongs to my brother not mine.

<font color="ff0000">Congrats Tigger!!!</font> Great work! =)

Epi
Mine was natural with epi. I opted for it quite early - before the intense contraction kicked in. Maybe I was lucky that the dosage was just rite. I didnt' feel any pain but I could feel the urge to push. Also, my labour was very short so not sure if that helped as well. So overall it was a pleasant delivery. If there is ever a round 2, I think i'll go for it (tho' sometimes i really feel like trying out wat the real contraction feels like! =P). Fighting with the pain can also tire u out then have lesser strength to push later.

Hmmm... hearing so many comments, I still can't make up my mind to go with or without epidural.

My gyane encourages me to go without again... see how lah...

RE: Toilet train.
I have yet to toilet train my girl... no time to train. Thinking of training her in Sept when I go for block leave

If given the opportunity to go through natural birth this time round, I think I'll definitely op for epidural first and decide during labour whether to go through 'cos not sure if I can take the pain or not... my colleague encouraged me not to go for epidural 'cos it gives you the strength to push the baby out...

Ming,
I haven't bought my Gain yet but down to my last 2 tins now. I think I will just buy from supermarkets. I received some vouchers from bbcay's full mth so might as well use it for the Gain.

shane/fashionistamama,
when the time comes, pain or no pain also gotta push! The docs and nurses in the room will go push push push! hee hee

shane/fashionistamama,
when the time comes, pain or no pain also gotta push! The docs and nurses in the room will go push push push! hee hee

I remembered at the end of it, was super groggy from the gas.. Hubby was wondering wat happened till doc told him overdose of gas.. haha

TSP

you inhaled gas instead of going thru' epidural? you were quite brave too boy! but you're not supposed to push until you're told right? in case it tears you anal hole? *OUCH*!

Hey mummies,

Thanks for your well wishes! I will be discharged tomorrow. The labour pain is once in a lifetime experience man... Will update Kayla's birth process when I am back home.

Here's some pics to share...

Kayla
893266.jpg

Keane & Kayla
893267.jpg

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">Congrats Tigger!</font></font>
Kayla is so chubby! Seems like Keane enjoys the company of his new sister!
happy.gif

re: epi
I had epi for my first delivery, 2nd one without. I also think recovery is faster without epi. I was able to walk and pee almost immediately without epi and discharge the next day. Had episiotomy for both deliveries but smaller cut for the 2nd one. Thus recovery also faster.

<font color="ff6000">zyp,</font>
My gynae says I had a very bad tear.
sad.gif

Kayla was in a posterior position at birth (babies go down into the pelvis with the back of their heads towards their mothers' spines). And that resulted in:

1) me having a lot of backache during and in between contractions.

2) labour is slower

3) needs to be vacuum in order for me to deliver her.

Doc was already saying if I can't push her out, might need to go op. My heart sank when I heard that and used all my might to push her out. Dun really care about the tear anymore... She was born with her face looking upwards.
happy.gif

tigger
Kayla looks so cute!!!! so chubby! I think she looks abit more like your hubby now ? Keane look more like you.

You're so weida! Must have been quite a ordeal.
Take care and rest well!

Epi
The only thing i know was my bb was very sleepy when she arrived and they said it's cos of the epi. so tt's not so gd for bfg cos she didn't want to feed much till the next day.

For those considering, if can go w/o, why not? save $ and less medication in your bloodstream. it's a win win situation
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Tigger</font>
Ah yo.. Kayla looks so so cute!!! :)

<font color="119911">Recent Pix of Valerie</font>
893439.jpg

Early in the morning eat lolli-pop!

893440.jpg

On my way to IKEA. Hurray!

tigger,
oh dear, bad tear... ur gynae didn't offer episiotomy when u were gonna tear? u are really wei da! I salute u for not getting epi. must take care during ur confinement. oh eat sweet prune for easy passing motion, they helped me a lot and I didn't take the liquid parafin after 2nd day.

shane,
yah no epidural and less a day of hospital stay certainly saved us quite abit on the hospital bills.

and the entonox gas in delivery ward is free to use as much as possible. haha... I relied on that thru'out until the stitching.

Tigger,

Kayla is soooo cute and chubby. She and Keane definitely got the brother and sister look..
happy.gif

Rest well and look fwd to your birth story..
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">tigger:
just look at that complexion! kayla is going to be one very pretty girl!

valmom:
did you cut valerie's hair? She is so pretty! Nice hair!</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Krazy</font>
Cut some time back at the Junior's League. The lady cut those slight layered tapered bob for her.. hee. I dun mind Valerie in short or long hair but HB prefers her with long hair...

<font color="0000ff">Tigger</font>
Ya.. come to think of it.. Kayla does looks like Keane at birth hor.. hee... :p

Ah yo.. cheeks so chubby i wanna PINCH!!!

Tigger,

Kayla is so chubby & fair! I think she resembles Keane at birth hor?
Really so amazing to see sibling look alike faces. Hehe.
Update us more when u bk home & have enuff rest.

Meow,
U dunno how envy I am now. Keke. But hor I doubt Ill be as lucky as Tigger. 1st birth I got complicated preg, somehow feel such things is genetic 1. So cant escape if I ever kana #2 lor. But I still have tat small tiny lil hope of going VBAC next time. =)

Tigger,
Kayla looks so chubby. She doesn't look like she's only 3.1+kg due to her chubbiness.

Posterior will have backache meh? Tat time i also very bad backache but i didn't know whether denyce is in posterior or not leh. Tot backache is 1 of the birth pain process. Anyway, the birth pain is not 1s in a lifetime for you mah. You still have to jia you for no. 3 and no. 4 later. You can do it now, can also do it for next time too.

Zyp,
For epi, think is depend on how big is the cut and how yr gynae cut it. There are 2 ways to do it, 1 like a J cut and 1 is straight cut towards the anal. So if doing J cut, it will be painful for recovery. The straight cut is not pain. Think mine was straight cut cos' i don't feel much pain after delivery. Didn't even take any pain killer. Some was so bad that need to sit float and my fren even need take anti-biotics.

tigger,
kayla is very chubby n fair... of cos got your good skin oso... hehehe... keane still as handsome leh... he can talk very well liao... can still tell me his parents name, mei mei n his names... smart boy!!!

rest well at home ok?? will text u again when your coach bag arrives... hehehehe...

valmom,
val seems to hv slimmed down a little but still as sweet... hehehe...

Kayla's cheeks looks chubby only. The rest of the body is not as chubby. She looks almost exactly like Keane at birth but she is fairer and smaller in size.

<font color="ff6000">zyp,</font>
Gynae did perform episiotomy but he said becos Kayla is way up high, my tear was all the way from internal. He told me this morn that I am coping well as I can walk around without much problem.

<font color="aa00aa">shane,</font>
You think she looks more like my hubby? hmm... I can't tell now. But if she is going to look like Keane when she is older, then she will be look like me.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Valmom,</font>
Val seems to have slim down. Not as chubby as the last time I saw her.

<font color="0077aa">twinklets,</font>
I thought of you during my delivery...Was telling myself that must give you hope to try VBAC...so die die must push Kayla out.

<font color="0000ff">San,</font>
Posterior position will have a lot more backache as the baby's bony skull is pressing against my spine.

My gynae told me today that if he had detected earlier that Kayla was posterior and given my 1st birth was c-sect, he would have discouraged me from VBAC for safety reason. He said even using vacuum will not guarantee that he can successfully deliver Kayla naturally cos she is high up and he does not want to exert too much force due to my precious wound.

<font color="119911">SC,</font>
Thanks for visiting yesterday. Will be waiting for you to sms me when my bag arrives. Pls also help me to collect my polo stuff from ming ok? Thanks!

<font color="ff0000">Birth story...</font>

22Jul morn: felt slight cramps early in the morn and wonder if that is contraction. Had slight pinkish show as well.

by 3pm: confirmed it's contraction as it becomes more regular.

4.00pm: called gynae to check for next step and was told to admit immediately to monitor the contractions. As Keane was delivered via c-section, gynae wanted to be more careful in case of wound rupture

5.30pm: arrived at Mt Alvernia and was wheeled to delivery suite #1

6.15pm: Gynae arrived and did VE, was told that I was already 5cm dilated. He proceeded to break my waterbag and put me on drip. He said since I was able to take the contraction pain and was already 5cm dilated, there was no need for epidural. He estimated that we will know if I can deliver naturally before 12midnite.

7.00pm - 9.00pm: contractions got more intense and painful. Ask for entonox and pethidine. Entonox seems to be more effective for me. Experienced extreme backache with every contractions. I was tugging and pulling hubby's shirt everytime the contraction comes

9.15pm: kept telling midwife that I have the urge to push and she told me to try pushing to check if Kayla's head is bearing down. Had a hard time trying and learning how to push correctly. Midwife said instead of pushing, I was holding baby up
sad.gif

9.30pm: Gynae arrived and midwife got everything ready for delivery. he did a check and informed that Kayla was in a posterior position. It would be harder to push her out and if not successful, he will try either vacuum or have to go for c-sect. My heart sank when I heard him saying c-sect... Told him to use vacuum and I used all my might to push and push. With 2 pushes, Kayla was out at 10.01pm.

Never felt so relieved in my whole life. Gynae put her on my tummy immediately and she was wailing loudly. Hubby proceeded to cut her umbilical cord and gynae continued to deliver my placenta.

I was told that I had a bad tear... Continued to use entonox during the stitching procedure as I was able to feel some stitching sensation.

Gynae told me that there is a small blood clot inside and told the midwife to do a VE half hr later to ensure the clot doesnt get bigger. Wanna faint when I heard that need to go thru VE again... luckily everything was OK later and I was wheeled back to my ward.

Tigger,
That was a beautiful story. You are indeed a very brave mummy. And you really are determined to have Kayla out naturally. I salute to you!

Also, <font color="ff0000">Congratulations!!!</font> Kayla is so very cute. But... hmm.... why are you as naughty as me ah. Never take the time to rest in the hospital and log into the net for what?!!!

SC, let's hit her backside together. Hee......

Speaking about blood clot. I still remember after my birth, and after I was wheeled back to the ward, I still am suffering lots of blood flow. Relentless blood flow. I alerted the nurse and after checking, the nurse immediately called in my Gynae. 10 mins later, Gynae barged in and asked everyone out. He started checking my tummy.... pressing around. At the same time, I am experiencing the same intense contractions as I'd had hours earlier. Was desperately pushing his hand away and crying at the same time. But my gynae was determined to press around.... and finally, he said, bear with it and gave one part of my stomach a hard push.... next moment, a pool of clogged blood gushed out of me. Temporary relief and he suddenly said, bear with it again... another push, and another gush. I almost fainted. My mum came in and took a look and told me it was bad. And Gynae also said, if I never alert the nurse, I would be dead within the next hour. I was spooked! Blood clot is no joke!!!

<font color="0000ff">Angel,</font>
gosh, your blood clot sounds very serious. Luckily you alerted the nurse in time.

OK, me logging off now. Preparing for discharge.

Tigger,
Posterior position how come yr gynae during the last check up can't tell fr scan 1 huh? Kayla shift position suddenly ah?

SC,
wow, you got lobang for Coach never inform me ah. Dun fren you liao. hehe.

Ming,
Is yr polo shipping ex? I buy 2 items only, the shipping almost abt $11. They pack big box and send out so the volumetric wt ex.

Fashionistmama,
yeah, just gas and gas only. Somehow or rather, you will get the urge to push at the right time. I did have a tear cos doc couldn't cut in time. The pain from pus is much worse than the stitches from tear. In fact, the tear doesn't pain at all. Its the horrible pus which I amm still suffering today. Didn't want to take medi cos still bfg.

Tigger,
kayla is sooo cute! Missed Sharlyne's bb time too. I agreed with you. The back pain was terrible. hey, I have a prescription for red date tea which is super good. didn't experience any backpain during and post confinement.

san/valmom,
that time my fren in us got the pte invitation for storewide 20% mah... so she asked if wan to get anything loh... but must wait till sept then get the bags cos she bringing them back herself... somemore she coming back wif tons of other pple's things, i dare not ask her buy more... she say next time she may consider org a spree provided i help her... wah lau told her dun wan... so much admin work...

if u wan, i'll try to ask her to help u ladies get when there's sale ok??

<font color="ff0000">Tigger,</font>
Wow, really amazing. cay was in posterior position too and it was really tough pushing her out. bbcay was much easier.

<font color="aa00aa">Angel,</font>
What a close shave!!! Luckily you alerted them.

tigger - congrats!! you gal so chubby and cute..got a bit of gor gor look hor?

valmom - i like val's hair style leh..where you cut hah? but then..crystal no hair to cut oso lah..hehe..

Back