(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

<font color="ff6000">zyp,</font>
Hazel is a very sweet name.
happy.gif

So are you feeling the excitment now?

Hello mummies!

Hi zyp & shadow, no.2 maybe faster leh
happy.gif
Me also induced last time, waited for 26 hours, so also felt like a first time mummy this time... my SIL induced for her second pregnancy and only took her four hours, so maybe second pregnancy induced also faster...

Re movies, finally bought Edie to the movies yesterday. We tried last Wednesday but she wasn't feeling well and vomited when we reached the ticketing office, so we tried again yesterday. Its "Fantastic Four", we very bad, only choose movies that we wanted to watch :p But she very well behaved, drank her milk and watched the movie in silence. It costs us only 12RM for two tickets and Edie is FOC, cheap hor, but only for Wednesday. But I felt very uncomfortable sitting next to the "house seats", I have been hearing that some cinemas have such "seats" but never really see it before. Really errie...

Re baby, Edie told me many times that she doesn't want one
sad.gif

Hi gals,

Sorry to side track a bit.. No obligations, but if u have the time, can help my friend to do the survey, she need it for her MBA progamme.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Jun 19, 2007 10:39 PM
Subject: Online Shopping Survey - researcher is a master student requiring your input
To:

Dear all

I am completing my master programme and this is the last requirement that I have to accomplish to fulfil the requirements of this MBA. Could you help by responding to the questionnaire that I have posted on a website (the link is below).

http://www.bbnbb2.com/warwick/survey.html

After you have responded to it yourself, could you please help to forward this questionnaire to your friends and relatives that are residing in Singapore as this research is about online shopping habits of Singapore residents.

All data collected would be kept very confidential and would not be shared with any third party other than the research student herself and her University.

Thank you very much.

--
Cheerios
Stephanie

Flo,

#2 should be faster bah. I remembered my sis used 5 hrs to give birth to #1, then 2hrs for the #2 .. and the #3 once also give birth in the taxi .. haha ...

Re baby:

Hayden also dun want baby. He will get frustrated everytime we ask him.

zyp,
think i m those lor. i remember i was abt 1cm dilated when in 37+ or 38 wk. i give birth almost on EDD date leh. n the day when i have show, morning chk gynae, me only 3cm dilated after wks of 1cm.

shadowm,
maybe hayden feel very happy and never lonely now cos' he got so much cousins to play wz him everyday. Just like denyce, she's nvr lonely except wkends at home.

shadow,

huh your sis gave birth in the taxi ah ? really? must be so stressed! I gave birth to J within 30min... v scared later I gotta give birth in the car or home for no.3
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">San/Shadow/Krazy</font>
Does our kids at this age really understands?? I wonder lah. Coz like I say, Valerie never answers. Just smile only.

After seeing baby Timothy (my cousin's 2nd son), she has been cradling her chow-chow or pass her toy to me to cradle.

Some friends told me "My kid dun like to have siblings, we give them siblings & worry. Ur child loves baby yet u dun wan to give her a sibling"

sad.gif

zyp,

u r 1cm dilated liao? wow that's great.. should be seeing Hazel soon... I dilate 1cm to 2.5 cm in 1-2 days i think. If you wana speed up dilation, maybe do more (i mean MORE) walking. When I know I am dilated, I walk even more... spend whole day walking around suntec city carrying S.

seeing you all talking abt delivery and bb #2... makes me think back of the time I was about to deliver J... and now she is such a big girl liao... kids just grow so fast..

share some of the very recent photos taken during my brother's wedding last week..

859315.jpg
859316.jpg

859317.jpg

859318.jpg

poohy
I dun dare to walk too much leh... esp in office, worried that water bag will burst suddenly. Don't know if it's related though....

Poohy,

J is so cute and adorable. She looks like u whereas S looks more like Daddy...
happy.gif
S is such a cute and handsome boy.. :D Was he a page boy at your brother's wedding??

Poohy,

Hehe she didnt ... the taxi driver was very stressed ... lucky her gal only came out the moment she reaches the delivery suit. Her hb missed all the actions cos he was at the admission counter. It was quite an experience for her 2 elder gals though ... they thought her mum had urinated in the taxi. They paid the drive extra $10 for a car wash =P

shadow,

hehee... can imagine how stressed the taxi driver must be... but shd be even more so for your sis... since she must be trying to fight all the urges to push...
happy.gif

meow,

no prob... if u all are planning PG, can come my house any time on weekends after 2pm. Would love to have a play group again.... so long never see your S liao... and didi... I havent seen him yet... we all shd meet up soon to see all the #2 and how tall the #1 are now.

zyp,

ohh ya... I was real scared my waterbag will break in office also... hahha.. maybe u walk more only on friday and weekends... then maybe can give birth by Monday
happy.gif
My 2 kids are borned on a monday.

caymom,

ya she is a big girl now... can fight with gorgor for toys liao... and v mobile... climbing high and low are day long... she keep going to the kitchen to ransack cupboards so my mum change the lock and locked up the kitchen each time she is not in there liao. I guess its becos of her mobility plus recent flu, she lost a fair bit of her chubbiness.

picnic,

thanx... nope he was not the page boy... cos too young. at 2 years old, no one would trust him to walk in himself lol
happy.gif
But we were on the VIP table.. so my mum asked my hb and S to wear suit. But my other cousins are booked him and J to be the page boy and flower girl for the subsequent weddings in a few years when they are old enough.

TGIF!!!! So happy is FRIDAY again! kekeke =P

Zyp,
Hazel is a lovely name. It gives me a kinda serene & beautiful feeling.
How are u today???

Angel,
How abt u?? Any feel today? U 2 like any min can go pop liao hor..

Poohy,
Nice pics. I agreed tat J looks like u, & S more & more like his Daddy. So fast hor, J can walk & play with S liao.
happy.gif

So good next time both ur kids can be pageboy pagegal for weddings. My Ash dun have such luck liao hehe cos all my closed cousins all married liao. hehe

picnic,

thanx... he seldom smile so nicely in front of the camera... always make some funny faces instead. I think he likes to dress up... that's why so happy.

twinklet,

actually J is not walking yet. She is just cruising, climbing, creeping. She can walk at most 3-4 independent steps occasionally if she suddenly feel like it. But she can hold our hand and walk already... not steady though.

yea everyone says S looks like daddy...

Poohy,
You really have a 'jun nan mei nu' at home.

Twinklets,
I finally understand how those mummies whom carry to full term feel. Aiyo, wanna drop the rock, but cannot. Ahahahaha.... gotta wait patiently, meanwhile, the little one keeps kicking around inside.

<font color="aa00aa">poohy:
totally agree with the others about how handsome s and pretty j look! hands and feet up to second! hee</font>

Shadow,
That's so drama! Luckily ur sis didn't deliver in the taxi. My biggest fear is water bag bursting in office. My colleagues are asking me to put waterproof sheets on my chair and bring extra clothes and towel. But that's so drama-rama! My office has lots of people walking in and out... v pai sey leh...

poohy
What happened after ur water bag burst in office? Were u well-prepared for that?
It's nice to think of the 2 siblings are playing together. Even snatching toys is a method of interaction.
happy.gif

twinklets
I'm at home today leh... uncertain about the symptoms I experienced this morning so don't dare to go office.

I love Hazel alot! Hubby came up with many alternative names but I reject all! Haha!

Angel
I understand what you mean leh. Don't like the feeling of waiting in suspense. Gonna walk more these few days! Has your tummy gone lower already? If so, less discomfort right? Previously I have difficulty breathing when my tummy was higher. Now lower like more comfortable. Sit down breasts and tummy won't touch like how they were last week. Haha so gross... like old woman with saggy breasts.

<font color="0000ff">Poohy,</font>
Samuel looks very handsome in his suit. Seems like you have a lot of weddings at home. I remembered the last time S wore a tuxedo to your cousin wedding rite?

<font color="ff6000">Angel,</font>
You mentioned that youll be inducing this weekend right? Have you get everything ready? I am getting excited too. Cant wait to see my gal. She also keeps kicking me. Feeling very big and clumsy now.

I had a meeting with my bosss boss yesterday and she mentioned that she would like my team to attend her staff meeting in mid Sept. The meeting will be held in Germany. She knows that I will be on maternity leave then and mentioned that I can skip that. But the thing isI feel like attending this meeting leh. Kayla will be 1mth+ to 2 mths by then. I think I will be struggling to establish my milk supply etc etc. So not sure if travelling during this period will affect my supply. My hb prefers me to be home though. In a dilemma nowbut I have some time to think about it.

<font color="ff6000">tigger,</font>
You'll be next after us hor? Baby reached full term already?
How long will the meeting be? Can you bear to leave Keane and Kayla? Keke... You still have time to consider lor... still got 3mths to Sept.

<font color="0000ff">tigger88</font>
stay home lah.. if not ur hb v poor thing to handle both Ks..

Angelneo only inducing next wednesday la.

<font color="0000ff">Zyp,</font>
Kayla will reach full term next week. Ya, I will be delivering next after Angel & you. You must jia you hor. Must walk around more so that labour will be easier.

I think the meeting will be for a week only. It will be a good break away from the kids although I think I will miss them badly. But the problem is...I will have to excuse myself every 3/4 hrs to go express milk during my trip which is very disrupting.

<font color="aa00aa">Valmom,</font>
My hb got maid and also my dad to help him mah. He won't be managing both Ks alone.

Oh, Angel inducing next wed ah? aiyah, me forgetful lah..thought it's this weekend.

<font color="0000ff">Shape Run'07</font>
Hey ladies, I have signed up for the Shape Run07 5km category as a 'motivation' for myself to start exercising.

http://www.shape.com.sg/

Anyone keen to join me? Maybe this can be a gathering of some sort? :p

I need to lose 5kgs by end November and another 5kgs my next June.

This mommy has ballooned a good TEN KG since I stopped breastfeeding...

*shake head*

Hi Mummies

i'm buying some stuff from some US websites which got sale recently. And also free US shipping.

So just need to pay for the international shipping charges. But comGateway charges an additional 5% for these websites which only accept US-registered credit cards. i've calculated, still this sld be cheaper than VPost's V Concierge Service of $20 per merchant + 5%.

i sld be ordering this wkend. So do let me if you want to lombang any stuff by tomorrow Sat.

1) From www.babycenter.com
Buy $100 and get additional 15% off sales items. If $50 then get further 10% off. Free shipping when exceed $49.

e.g., of some items that my sis and are getting:

1) http://store.babycenter.com/product/reusable+swim+diaper+%282-pack%29.do?

2) http://store.babycenter.com/product/fridge+phonics+lowercase+letters+expansion+pack.do?

US 9.56 (say with further 15% off, 1.6 exchange and additional 5% svc fee) = S$ 13.65 (b4 inc. int'l shippg charges TBC confirmed later)

2) From www.polo.com
Free shipping when exceed $175
Further 20% off already sale price.
e.g.,
1) http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1783297&cp=2048081.2047539&ab=ln_baby_categories_infantboy&SMR=1&parentPage=family
US 19.99 (say with 20% off, 1.6 exchange and additional 5% svc fee) = S$ 26.90 (b4 inc. int'l shippg charges TBC confirmed later)

2) http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2598126

Email/sms me your orders if want to join. Peg, any more from you, heh. ")

Ming!!!

You are the spree queen! Peg was showing me the dress she's buying for her gal to make me drool, I was wondering she joined who whor.... NOw I know it's you.... Aiyoo....

If I never joined my other friend for RL, I would have joined you. Spent $150 on clothings for my hubby and my boys. Father and son wear.... Boo hoo hoo.... I broke liao.

<font color="0000ff">MING!!!</font>
PM you liao! :p

<font color="ff0000">HEY!</font>
No one wanna join me for the Shape Run 07 5km run???
sad.gif

Hey ming,
you decided to buy Susan dress already?! There's an infant girl version leh... keke...
I buy enough liao... for now! haha...

Got all your orders, ordering tonight. Polo will split into 2 to maximise the shipping and to avoid paying Custom GST 7%. Got another US 120-130 to maximise shipping cost, anyone has additional polo orders? Let me know by 2nite 9pm.

Zyp, i think and rethink then i decided to drop the Susan dress cos no 4T. Isa fits nicely into 3T now, so if only buy 3T, at most she can jus wear 1-2 times. Heh. So i save money and buy more polos for Didi instead.

<font color="0000ff">ming,</font>
Thanks for helping us to order! I was so tempted to order more from Polo but have to stop myself from overspending.
happy.gif

Valerie goes to school!
<font color="0000ff">Day One - 2nd Jul 2007</font>
I, Valerie, didn't attend full (half) day of school today coz of miscomm. Mah-mah told daddy & mommy that today there'll be no school coz it's Youth Day. But dady got a call from John (the director) as to why I wasn't in school. After all the scrambling, mah-mah brot me to school at 10+. I went into class and next thing I know mah-mah wasn't around anymore (teacher told mah-mah she cannot stay and that she can only pick me up at around 1pm)! I'm so scared I cover my eyes with my hands (now I'm safe!).

But teacher was nice, she gave me some toys and played with me so I'm not scared anymore. When it's time to eat I'm scared again so I cover my eyes with my hands :)p) But seeing other children eats makes my tummy rumble and I ate up all the rice, carrot & soup!

At 1pm, I saw mah-mah!!! So happy! I can go home!
happy.gif
Mah-mah cooked mee-sua for me and I ate up the entire portion! Yummy!

<font color="119911">Day Two - 3rd Jul 2007</font>
Today daddy & mommy changed me and brot me to school. I carried my own bag bag (oh.. so heavy!) and walked my way to school (*proud*). When I reached the school. Teacher said hi to me, helped me removed my shoes and I happily walked in and started playing!

Today I had breakfast, bathe (I don't like the showerhead!!) and had lunch before mommy came to fetch me at 1230. Mommy said she is proud of me and teacher said I was a good girl. I didn't cry at all
happy.gif

Finally Valerie started school and I'm very proud at her independence and adapability. Althou she cried yesterday (teacher commented she is v loud), she quiet down quickly. Teacher even commented her appetite was good (they must be thinking die, lose $$ liao hahahaha).

Today when we brot her to school, she didn't even say goodbye to us! We were trying to find out more about her day-to-day schedule and this gal just walked in with the teacher! Before we left, I peep in and saw that she was already sitting on the floor with the teacher inside.

When I went to pick her up this aftern, she was changed, sitting on the chair with other children (prob on half day CC as well), shaking her legs (hahaha). When she saw me, she shouted "mommy" and ran to me (*happy*). And then she seemed happy when teacher praised her (I praised her too). And she even said "Thank You" (in mandarin) to the teachers before saying bye bye.

Again she wanted to carry her own backpack (still quite heavy leh..) but I carried her home lah..

Overall she seemed happy to goto school and enjoyed her half day there.

HAPPY
happy.gif

valmom,
congrats on the good start... val is a real good gal... think she enjoy sch leh... hehehe... so u can fang xin a bit...

meow,
thanks for the info... most prob not getting cos hubby not keen... sigh...

<font color="0000ff">sweatcorn/tigger</font>
She is independent and I'm proud. But at the same time felt 'neglected' coz she didnt even wave byebye! When we were walking away, I have this notion of running into the centre and kiss her goodbye.. but of course I didn't lah...

I wanna take a picture of her.. her facial expression looked so cute when she carried her bag (coz it's quite heavy with the towel inside). But hor.. she kept walking around.. hard to take.. :p

valmom - so envy u!! crystal still crying away esp before going to cc..she will cry from wake up all the way to school 'bu ya school' or 'go ah ma house' or 'hui jia'..haii..she started since 4 jun..but 1.5 weeks not in cc cos sick..dont know when she will get used to it..

<font color="aa00aa">valmom:
I am impressed with Valerie!
happy.gif

yesterday, i went to check out josiah and found out that the class is full till next year. now, i am just hoping that someone will "drop out" or withdraw... which by the way, is very slim.</font>

<font color="0000ff">crystalmum/krazy</font>
But today hor, she seemed hestitant leh. We brot her to school etc.. but when we ask her to say byebye, she waved byebye to the teachers instead and looked apprehensive when we tell her to wave byebye to us.

THen she wanted hb to carry and wanted to walked out of the centre. When hubby gently pushed her back into the centre, we waved byebye and the teacher started closing the doors.

Her face looked like she'll burst into tears very soon... But as we were walking away, I didn't hear her cry. So it's either the teachers managed to distract her or that the sound proofing is very good I can't hear.

Will see how things go for her today. Maybe we linger there too long for her to think twice and hesitate.

valmom,
2 mths ago when denyce went for her 1st unaccompanied enrichment, she didn't cry too BUT i never dare to wave bye bye to her for the 1st few lessons. Each time I just send her there and pass to teacher, then i faster go hide liao. Though she never cry on the 1st lesson, even the 2nd lesson, i am not waving to her as i doesn't want to let her know that i am going off as I think she still need a little time to settle even though she didn't cry. Only till like abt her 4th lesson, then i confidently wave bye bye to her. It was initiated by the teacher. She stop her walking to the class and ask her look at me and say 'bye' to mummy and she really did it and after saying bye, she followed teacher go wash her hand. From then onwards, i know she is OK and now everytime, i die die must bye to her if not she always just go in and walk away ignoring me.

<font color="0000ff">San</font>
Hmm.. maybe we should do that. Just bring her to school and that's it bah. Coz yesterday she walked in with Teacher and then 'forgot' about us. Today she obviously looked unsettled. Maybe also becoz we woke her up today as compared to other days she woke up her.

Valmom/San,
Yesterday Ash started her 1st day at PG, only 1.5 hr but I also v gan jiong liao. Hehehe. I accompanied her like 45 mins, then Teacher told me to leave the classroom. I walked to Ash & told her I'll wait for her outside, & she stared at me quite OK. So she was OK for the rest of 35 mins without me. If I din inform her of my whereabouts, she'll sure fuss for me 1. So I have to make it a point to 'inform' her. Today my father will bring her & fetch her bk. Have told my father tat he must inform her when he leaves her in the class alone..

Me still gan jiong, wonder how she'll react in her 2nd class.

Twinklets,
Seems that Ash is coping well! I wonder how cay will react when her time comes. The school told me that the teachers are able to handle the kids very well and they dun encourage parents to stay. The teacher even said that she has not encountered a case that she cannot handle... hmm.. wonder whether cay will destroy her track record.
crazy.gif

<font color="0000ff">twinklets</font>
PG slightly different I think. PG they normally allow parent to accompany (right?). CC cannot leh. 1st day only they sent my MIL home liao :p

I thot it'll be good to let her say bye bye and we let her know that we are leaving. But from her look today, she doesn't seemed quite OK with it lor. Maybe we linger a tat too long bah.

<font color="119911">Caymom</font>
Most of them r very experienced one. 1st day Valerie actually cried after being left alone there. But teacher quickly distracted her and calmed her down. Plus Valerie is darn loud (even the teacher said so :p) heehee.. thankfully didn't disturb other children.

Caymom,
Err dun say too early.. cos only 1st day yday for 35 mins only.. But I can say the Teacher is really good. I like her. haha. I like the way she handles the kids there too. She will potty train the kids every 30 mins. Bring them wash hands & put them on toilet bowl.

I think the Teacher tat will be teaching Cay may be the 1 I spoken to during the Open house. Very nice lady too. I think that school, their teachers are pretty committed type, really feel my child is in good hands there.

Cay will go next Jan, I think she'll be able to cope better.
happy.gif
Dun say her like tat hor. keke.

Back