(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

ming,
hi hi, how u doing?? y never post issac fotos leh??

angel,
u still wan to shrink further? so by xmas party we will see a shrunken angeline isit?? hee hee hee...

tigger,
kaeden oso dun look like j's family cos they all dark dark one... though s looks like daddy, heng she fair like me... hehehehe

ZYP!!!!!

I nearly JUMP when I saw the pic!!!!
Dun post pics of roaches leh.... arghhhhh...now my hair still stands lor....

Tigger
Ur neighbour had potted plants???
My mum's neighbour had a mini botanical garden...so my mum place swarm with lizards....

hi Mummies,

I'm feeling upset now... arrggh... my mum called and said that my maid is getting lazier... did not clean the house this morning etc...

To be fair, I never overload her with housework. She is always sitting and resting at my mum's place when i pick up my girl. She will sleep at 10 pm sharp and I am always the one preparing my girl for bed etc...

A few days ago, she requested for me to take a pic of her so that she can send back. I did and promptly develop the photo to her so that she can send it to her daughter.

Yesterday, she asked me to post the letter... I keep it in my bag and forgotten abt it... then this morning rec'd the call from my mum... I got a gut feeling that i should open the letter to take a look... and to my horror, she is sending my family photo to Indonesia.

I felt betrayed. I have been so nice to her and have repeated told her that she cannot send our photos back home. And she did this to me! I dunno what is the purpose of her sending the photo home but she shouldn't have done it after repeated reminders from me

On hari raya, i helped her to call home and she has a good 30 mins chat with her family...

Very angry and confused right now... Tonight, I think I will have to confront her.

<font color="0000ff">Glayz,</font>
My neighbour used to keep a lot of potted plants. Just recently they threw all away. HmmI didnt know potted plants will attract lizards. I hate those poo poo that they left all over the place. So yucks!

<font color="ff6000">Carla,</font>
I will be upset too if I were you and will surely confront the maid abt the family photo.

Tigger
Becos they will all hid UNDER the potted plants mah....
and will travel all over the place esp neighbours flat... so once the plants is gone...u have to pray hard the population will also decrease lor

<font color="aa00aa">Tigger</font>,

My hb asked me to hold my cool first... don't confront her... scare she will do something to my girl. If need be, we will send her away without alerting her.

Angel,

I don't know how to face her tonight... I'm not good at hiding my feelings... and I'm really feeling very pissed right now.

My colleagues feel that it's wrong of me to tear open the letter... I agree... but if I did not do that, I would never know she sent my family photo to Indo!!! And this is the first time I'm checking her letter... she has sent 3 letters back already in 1.5 mths and I never checked any one of them.

I don't know if I'm just being lucky to have discover it before posting it for her this time round.

Carla,
I feel that you should not confront her yet and dun do it alone! You never know what she will do. Since she disregarded your reminders and started to get lazy, I dun think you should delay it further. Better send her back asap.

carla,
understand your frustrations but like angel say, better keep your cool first... i think mabbe u can bring her back to agent without alerting her, n confront her in front of the agent. in this way, u r oso protecting yourself n your family... but mentally r u prepared that u will let her go??

<font color="0000ff">carla</font>
Ha.. I think u better think of contingent plan (ie sending her home). Luckily u found out abt the pic.. if not later they use those pic do those funny thing how.. scary man.

<font color="119911">angelneo</font>
Mensurate for 1 month??? Got see doc or not..

<font color="aa00aa">tigger</font>
Thanks ha.. I'll do one for Val and put them together okie.. :p

<font color="0077aa">Glayz,</font>
I certainly hope that the population will decrease lor. Some lizards are so huge and scary. The tiny ones are equally gross.

<font color="0000ff">Carla,</font>
How did she manage to get hold of your family pic in the first place? My maid ever asked us to help mail a letter to her family. I was very tempted to open up the letter but I didnt. When Kayla was one month old, I ordered some full month cakes with complimentary photo cards. My maid asked to keep a piece of the card and I agreed. I do not think she will do anything funny so I let her keep it.

RE: Maid,

I have asked a colleague to read the content of the letter... was relieved that she was not up to any hanky panky i.e. black magic.

How she got my family photo -
All my photos are kept in an album which is in the apre room before she came. After she came, I still kept it there... didn't think she will dare to take anything. Anyway, i went on cruise early this year and normally before you board the cruise, you will take photos and buy it as souvenirs later. I bought a key chain and photoframe.

I left the keychain (with the photo) in the spare room (now the maid's room). She stole the photo in the key chain (a small pic of maybe 1R size).

My colleague advised me to pretend nothing has happen and ask her abt the keychain photo. See if she is still lying.

Not sure whether to give her a second chance or not...

Tonight I will talk to her abt her laziness... and next week, will pretend to ask abt the missing keychain photo...

Valmom,
I can still do without a maid at the moment... not as if I'm going to give birth tomorrow... haha... but a bit upset abt the betrayal... Still got time to change maid if need be since I'm only due in Jan... but my next worry is will the new maid be worse than this one...

Hey mummies,

When you all do eyebrow embroidery, do you all do with a machine one or the lady use a like knife stick and manual one ah?

Hi girls,
Thanks for the well wishes. Attached are a couple pics of my 2nd Son.

Taken on day 3.

1034576.jpg

Taken on day 2.

1034577.jpg

Twinklets: Saw some signs of sibling rivalry coming up... but it is inevitable lah. They need time to adapt as well.

Picnic,
ya ur boy looks handsome & think look like the brother hor? Wat's his name?

Carla,
oh dear, family pic huh. Heng is not black magic kinda thing.

Yeah... look like his brother. Found the chinese name liao.. En Qing. Still deciding on the English name though.

He may be more handsome than the gor gor.. :p

Picnic,

Congrats!! your boy boy looks lovely! Looks bigger than the birth weight.

Give it 3 mths and the sibling rivalry will be a thing of the past!!
happy.gif

oops, hope my white roach pic didn't make some of u lose appetite!

<font color="ff0000">caymom,</font>
I also tot it's an albino one but cannot see red eyes leh...

<font color="aa00aa">pSi,</font>
We can hi5! I am very terrified of lizards! I used to live in kampong when I was young and those irritating house lizards liked to creep up our legs. very disgusting!!! But they help to eat up other pests so they cannot be extincted.

<font color="ff6000">tigger,</font>
Keane has a mole on his right cheek? Same as me!!!

<font color="119911">ming,</font>
Cannot catch cos I was washing milk bottles... I just stopped halfway and snapped a few shots. It ran away after I finished washing... else I would have dumped it down the chute. haha!

<font color="ff0000">Picnic,</font>
Your 2nd boy is handsome! And I agree that he looks abit like Samuel.. keke... Sibling rivalry will go away. Zavier doesn't hit his mei mei anymore. But he doesn't like her to touch him alot lor.. so will push her hands away if she does.

Zavier reading to Hazel sitting on my bro's lap
1034938.jpg

Pushing away mei mei's hand as she tried to touch him
1034939.jpg

zyp,
zavier behaviour oso like kaeden leh... n apparently shanice like to go n disturb him loh esp if they are on the bed together... ahahaha... he behave like his mei mei got some kind of disease... but sometimes he will auto go n sayang his sister esp if she's crying... he will say 'mei mei no cat (scared), no cat (scared)... no pa no pa (bu pa bu pa)...' now i can still enjoy peace wif 2 of them... dunno when will be the day when 2 of them start to fight... sigh...

ZYP,
Kekekeke... roach no eyes right? Aiyo, why you din kill the white roach after taking pics?? So it is still loitering somewhere in the house??? You are freaking me out.

cay also the same, doesn't like bbcay to touch her. There was once bbcay pulled cay's hair and cay gave her a slap.
sad.gif

Thks !
happy.gif
I oso think he is a handsome boy too. hahaha!

He ah bad tempered... cannot wait for milk.... when he is hungry and I tried to latch him on.. he will scream and scream... hv to calm him before he will willingly latch on.. sometimes he dun even want to latch.. sigh.. hv to pump out.

My milk ss is also quite pathetic.. the proper milk ss is still not here yet.

Guess hv to wait....

<font color="0000ff">morning all..... I'm had just finish my 1st test yesterday.... haha 1 more week for this term... then it is 3 week of exam..... haiz... .going to finish soon....

hi sc,
haha..... Gerald also a noti boy boy....

hi pinic,
congrats.... rest well hor...

hi dewdrop,
congrats.....

i'm super super afraid of cockroaches, the rest still okie.... don know whether did i shared with you gals... during my confinement (gerald's time...) there are 1 night... abt 8pm, gerald was sleeping in his cot..... i'm resting on the bed..... while my hubby and in law in the living room watch TV... suddenly i saw this huge cockroaches at my ceiling near the window... i'm staying at 11 storey... wondering where this huge cockroaches come from.... i dash out of my room and ask for help.... my in law as what happen and where is gerald.... i told them what i saw and my reply is it is better for gerald to sleep in his bed.. .then sudden wake him out and i carry and rush out of the room rite... later i fall down hor.... haha.... this mummy bad hor...

hi carla,
keep your cool okie.... how is everything now....</font>

Pinic,
Initial will sure have sibling rivalry one, even like now Sheryl will sometimes dun wan didi especially when it comes to she's cranky or upset. But when they're close, they're really close, can bath, play and watch together
1035443.jpg

zyp,
mine also like tat. Xavier sometimes doesn't like his gor gor to touch him. He will also push his hands away. After tat, I will tell Xavier tat gor gor love him. I will ask him "do you love gor gor?"

sweatcorn,
aiyo, the days where both of them fight will come very soon. Mine always fight over 1 toy, so headache on the sharing part.

caymom,
Poor bbcay!

<font color="ff6000">picnic,</font>
Agree that your 2nd prince is a handsome boy. After a few more days, your milk ss will come so dun get too stress over it.

<font color="aa00aa">zyp,</font>
Yes, Keane has a mole on his right cheek. He was born without it. It appears when he was about one year old or so.

picnic
yes, your boy is handsome!

zyp
Hazel is so cute, she likes to sit up nowadays? My gal too, dun wanna lie down anymore. Then past 2 days always struggle wanna flip n hold her head high high
happy.gif

twinklets
ok, will find 1 to post soon..

carla
my ex-maid did the same thing. We accidently found her mail (ready to be mailed out, hidden in our shoe cabinet). As it was much thickr than usual (plus the fact that she din request as to post for her as she used to do), we got suspicious n tore it open. We found not 1 but 2 of our fam pics inside. We confronted her but give her another chance (considering she was v.hard working n with good initiatives), in the end she never got tofinish her 2 year contract with us, sent back because of other problems, i.e sneaked out in the middle of the nite to meet her boyfriend
sad.gif

Wanted to talk to my maid abt my mum's complain yesterday but before I could open my mouth, she started to cry... I asked her why is she crying... sh just keep saying "no, mdm"... arrggghh... think i will talk to her another day

I have not confront her abt the missing photo yet...

Ask my hb if he wants to change the maid... he kept silent... *haiz*...

Dunno what to do at the moment...

I'm glad I opened her letter... and i don't open every letter of hers... so i dun really feel bad although one of my colleagues kindda "condemn" me for doing so. As you said, I need to protect my family. I can't let anything happen to my family... ppl might see me as invading into other's ppl privacy but i don't really care so much...

<font color="ff0000">Meow,</font>
Your kids look alike. So cute that they can sit together.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Batman,</font>
I think there is more to come. The rivalry between gals should be stronger. cay gets very jealous if we care too much for bbcay.

I went to do a research on roaches... there are no ablino cockroach.. .the white one is one that just shedded its cuticle (shell).. it will turn black again after some 'tanning'. haha ok I am bo liao and mad. dun puke lunch!!!

<font color="0000ff">sc,</font>
Zavier also will sayang Hazel if she cries... or tell us "mei mei cry leh". keke...

<font color="ff6000">tigger,</font>
My mole also wasn't there when I was born... it appeared many mths later.

<font color="119911">sweetbabe,</font>
Hazel didn't like to lie down at all unless she was watching the musical mobile in her cot or on the fisher price vibrating bouncer. Now she doesn't like her mobile anymore but she lies on the sofa for milk and can lie longer if someone is there to talk and play with her. she's getting real chatty nowadays! and screams real loud too. But when it comes to carrying, she is only willing to be carried in upright position. tiring lor...

<font color="ff0000">carla,</font>
seems like ur maid is guilty... u havent talk already started to cry.

<font color="0000ff">hi carla,
i think she might suspect something, as u say u can't hide ur feeling, she might able to sense that u are unhappy with her... so she start crying before u able to say anything..... just monitor 1st... .decide carefully before any decision is made....

hi zyp....
u har... really onz in finding out the answer lah...... i nearly fall down my chair.....</font>

Carla
U must be feeling quite unsettling... recently we had some problems abt our maid lying also. But since really no evidence then we just let go. Plus she's really quite a patient and hardworking helper.

How come b4 u ask her anything she already start to cry? Nebber mind, under some peaceful environment, try to have a talk with her and find out why so that your sum won't si si over this matter. See wat reason or explanation she gives lor....

sweatcorn, heh Kaeden is soo cute;no cat no cat... heh ok i post some photos later...

Wen, can't really recall leh... but i think not just knife lah.. it's a lady holding on to the equipment and use that one to do the siew mei lor. Dingmummy, no scared, no scared... i'm also scared of pain, so i requested them to apply more local anasthetic then hor, i didn't feel much pain at all leh, considering my low threshold for pain.

Angel, u're sooo right abt Bottom Slim! Tigger, Twinklets, me not slim, i have big fat thighs lor.

Twinklets,
She did not put any birthdate but she spelt out our names I was thinking even if you want to intro the family you are working with, you will just indicate that "This is my mdm, sir and bb". The thing is I don't know where she gets my full name from suspect from the mails.

So maddening my hb kept saying I shld stay cool etc etc but the thought that she might harm my family makes me uneasy.

Not sure if she is feeling guilty but I really don't understand why she is crying??? Homesick??? Arrgghhh My mum was complaining that she is getting lazier and lazier Partly my parents fault too.

I'm not sure if I'm picky but I can't accept something very substandardIf the standards are not set straight in the first place, they will just continue their bad habits and even slack since nobody is checking on her work! For example, washing cars. After she washed the car, I can still see leaves attached to the car and watermarks on the window, windscreen etc Ironing, she can iron one side of the shirt and left the other side crumpled. Cups, she did not use detergent to wash the cups and you can still see coffee stains after washing. I will show her all the defects and tell her to re-do it. But for my parents, they will quietly accept it and clean up the mess themselves. Now my mum is complaining abt her work

Now, I'm evaluating if I can do without a maid or maybe tolerate this maid for another 1.5 years and send her home once I can cope with 2 kids.

carla,
i think dont be afraid to talk to her or thrash things out with her before the 'unhappiness' grows in both u and her. There was once my maid called home and after that kept crying. I asked her the next day what happened y she cried? she told me nothing also. But I told her if any problem she faces let me know, dont let it affect her work here. 2 days later, then she revealed that it was bcos her son had a fever and her SIL scolded her over the phone for working in Sg which is such low paid compared to other countries. I told her in life that r many things that we give and take, gain and lose, no point comparing all the time.

Does your agency have a replacement for u? i would suggest u try another maid. it's not easy to tolerate 1.5 yrs with an 'enemy'. moreoever, u still have a baby coming along.

Ming,
To me u are still slim lor. keke. Anw thighs can b hidden by jeans, so is perfectly OK lor.
happy.gif

Carla,
Gee, sound not so gd huh. Did you try to tell her to clean properly in a nicer tone? Tolerate her for 1.5 yrs, dun sound fantastic to me. keke. If I'm u , I scare I'll get alot of blues & complaints cos the dislike is already there liao, dunno how to live under same roof for so many mths leh.

All these maid stories are scary, quite paranoid of getting maid next time, especially my mum also not so easy to live with. Every single thing of housework must follow her method 1. Guess I'll foresee alot of problems once next time we got maid for her.
sad.gif

Twinklets,

I personally demonstrated how to clean properly with my big tummy... not once but thrice. I believe in showing them instead of just giving insstruction. Not sure if I'm not a good teacher or she simply doesn't want to learn.

twinklets,
hving maid got pros n cons lah... some pple got horror maid stories, some hv very nice story to share oso... think juz need your mum to teach the maid to do her way n correct her if not done properly then will be ok one... if u really need to get a maid then dun think so much... no point scaring yourself...

carla,
pei fu u that u can tar han her substandard job... like wat lv n twinklets says mabbe its easier to try another maid rather than trying to stay together cos r/s already soured. but u not curious wat she crying abt meh?? go ask her lah...

carla,
hmm.. sad to hear ur maid stories.

Its best if you can force her to speak out, even if she cry again, it still gd that she say out.

Like or dun like to work with you must say, dun wait till when u about to deliver then say, too late liao lor.

Like what the others had voice out, best is change, not as if she is hardworking n had work long with you.

For me, i cannot tahan maid keep quiet, cry at nite, no smile. EEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Btw, a big HALO to mummies here!
Congrats to all 2nd time mummies n oso those preggy ones!
happy.gif

Its kind of long since i last post. :p

Update, now i m maidless, the 1st one went back for gd. 2nd one, only with us for 6days, then she choose to go back to agent. Cannot communicate with mil.... :p
So now, i m coping with a wkly parttime cleaner. N i can spent more time with P!

She is very 'helpful', help me to fold clothing and pack up her toys.
happy.gif

Next yr plan, is maybe to find a half day school, so tt mil can take a break, n not complainig here pain there pain.

Now she is still attending ZP wkends class, but promoted to zookids, meaning i dun need to be in class! yeah!

happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Carla</font>
I think u shd consider having another maid. Altho no guarantee that the next will be better, but I think if u are going to employ one.. then dun employ one that you feel have to force urself to tahan for 1.5 yrs. Of course u must have a realistic expectations of a maid lah.. One thing is better dun expect her to be able to do what you can do lor... My SILs' maids.. most of them teach them 1000 times also make the same mistake one. Some they do things v rush, plates havent dry put into cabinet.. end up the whole cabinet sinks.

Or that they didnt even wash properly (or didnt wash in fact) and stack the dishes with cleaned ones..

TO us, these are basic things.. very simple.. but to them.. somehow.. they just dun get it lor.

Or my SIL's maid.. she can change diaper for my niece and then next thing handle food.. by just wiping her hands on her top!!!

My MIL & SIL tell her off 100 times or more she still does the same thing.. then she'll laugh when u scold her and then she'll go wash her hands..

So end up I have v bad impressions of maid one.. But thru out the years there were 1 or 2 good ones lah.. can cook, v diligent, have initiative.. but most of them.. I can only shake head.

Wah liao, all the maid story over her make me bash myself. Got a good one and yet don't appreciate. ** Faint **

For my maid, she can sing and talk to Joeson very well. In fact, Joeson's english language learnt from my maid. Manners also. Joeson now auto will say thank you when we pass him things.

She wake up @ 6am, just to sweep and mop the floor, so that when we wake up, we won't step on the wet floor in case we slip and fall.

Till today, our utility bills had not risen from the time when we don't have her. It maintained.

She learnt cooking already. Nowadays, it's my MIL whom laze around, while my maid do every single thing. She even have the initiative to come give me water to drink and ask me whether I'm hungry when the 'time' is up.

She is very gentle towards my kids. Smile alot. And can see Joeson very attached to her. She bring Joeson out to playground, can play for 1 hour. After coming home, will train Joeson to take off shoes and put back on same spot by his own. After which, will bring him to wash legs and hands or even immediately shower him if he's too sweaty.

I'm doing work at home, she'll distract Joeson and bring him away from me. When Anson is crying, she will bring Joeson towards Anson and 3 of them play together.

Guess.... I got a gem afterall....
sad.gif
.... must give her bonus liao la.

hearing all the maid story. Not sure is it a good or bad. For me, I'm the maid lo. Occassionally hb will help to vacuum and mop floor. The rest all I do, so sometimes I will envy those who got maid. But on the other hand it's so difficult to find a good maid.

Back