(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

tigger, take care.. stomach flu quite cialat one.. last time i got stomach flu, also got to lose weight.. also good i too much kilos liao.

i bot my set and my kids did not take to it at all. i think entire set, they oni watched 2 discs once. so tot if there is a refund exercise going on in SG, i do not mind exchanging it for something else lor.
happy.gif

one of the articles i found on internet. http://www.businesspundit.com/after-controversy-dinsey-issues-baby-einstein-recall/ I actually read abt it on one of the sat newspapers i think.

Hi Ladies,

Anyone interested in getting ezy-roller for their kiddos as christmas gift?

http://www.ezyroller.com/

My niece has one... and my girl likes it alot... Thinking of doing a bulk purchase if possible.

Retail price at kiddy palace is $168. Think OG also sell this.

Meow,
Cash converter - They selling this too?

This ezy-roller was a challenge for my girl initially... 10 mins into it, it became a breeze... all my nieces and nephews have to queue up for their turn... seems so fun.

Tsp,

If i can get good rates, i will let you know. I can keep for you till you are back in singapore if you are really interested.

Carla,
yeah you can try, sometimes they have but condition not new lah. Or maybe you should try WTB here see anyone has one to let go cheaply

Hi All,

I will keep you ladies posted if i can get at discount. Aiming to get at least 20% discount... but i think there will be MOQ to hit.

Will update u asap
happy.gif

So many posts to catch up..

Wow.. some of our lil babies hv indeed grown up, thinking abt bf and future careers!

My Valerie still in lah-lah land. But she's so into dresses now she basically only prefer dresses. And her shoes are all called "glass slipper" eventho they dun resemble anything close to one.

Next year we'll be changing her to a Kindy. No more childcare liao. This girl is veri sociable but don't like changes. Once she get used to and comfortable in a situation/location/food, asking her to change is like chopping off her head. So we decided for K1 we should switch her to let her u/std as u progresses, you'll hv to change environment.

Hopefully things will go smoothly from Jan10 onwards bah..

Btw, any kiddos here still poop into diaper? Valerie just don't want to poop into the toilet. During our recent Perth trip I managed to get her to do it. But once she is home, she says she cannot.. cry & wail like crazy.. sigh.. I dunno what to do with her.

Hello mummies!

Valmom
Haha looks like the gals are into dresses at this stage. Same thing with C, her fave character is Cinderella, so she is very keen in long dresses, just like those worn by cinderella n other princesses
happy.gif
n of course, the glass slippers too - she even contemplating of buying the figurine glass slippers she saw when we were shopping.

Luckily she agreed that it couldnt be worn when I pointed out to her that it was just for display.

Btw, I cant seem to find any glass slippers sold here. I remembered seeing lots of those transparent (plastic) shoes sold last time, now hardly seen one, saw one pair recently but it is flat without heels. any recommendations?

tsp, welcome back soon! Yeah, I believe you will miss your routines there. But..it's always good to be back home , right? ;)

tsp, welcome back home at Jan!! Let's meet up this time. Paisay everytime I always fly u aeroplane.
lame.gif

Hmm btw, u dun sound v happy of coming bk leh huh.

Valmom,
Ashley is into jeans & 'kok kok' heels. I cant stand her. She keeps pestering me to buy the plastic heel shoes for her to wear at home. But I keep rejecting her.

I think U just keep reminding her that next year 5 YO, Mummy will NOT be buying any diapers to her anymore. Must keep reminding her of the deadline & start counting down from today. Next Jan v fast will come. That is wat I do to Ashley that time.

<font color="0000ff">twinklets</font>
If I can say what I meant (ie no diapers) I think long ago I succeed liao. But it's not happening. Regardless how many times I've told her NO MORE DIAPERS she'll end up getting it coz she'll go many many many many days without moving her bowels until my hb/mil will give her diaper.

I've given up liao.. I told HB I've lost my credibility. I was really very disappointed when my MIL gave her the diaper after we came back from Perth. It's like wasting all our efforts.. Imagine I managed to get her to poop TWICE! How come back home cannot?!?!?!

Anyway.. the "poo poo" word has become a very stressful word to Valerie. Everytime we mention it, she'll look glum. I've also used soft approach telling her if she continues to poop into diaper, her friends will laugh at her.. but she'll always say "tomorrow ok?"

valmom
Ya i understand exactly what you are going thr. Guess both Ash &amp; Val are very determined &amp; stubborn gals! That time I nvr rush her into gog to toiletbowl to poo was becos I worry she will go days without poo. We went A&amp;E once due to that &amp; we were so phobia abt it. I went by soft approach hoping 1 day she will get over the phobia.

For Ash, she did her business in her school toilet bowl first. But refusing to do in our home toilet bowl. I coax her alot of times but she always say "wait I 4 yo ok?". I later bought those princess sticker to paste on the toilet cover, &amp; finally she did it cos she liked to sit on there to do her business.

I think for your case, u will just have to keep telling her reminding her, until 1 day she is ready to sit there to poo.

Hi Val and twinklets,

My girl used to poo only in diaper. Then one day, i forgot to put a diaper in her schoolbag. That day, she pooed in her school toilet bowl directly. I was so happy... and went on to reward her... At home, when she wanted to get a diaper to settle her big business, I then reminded her of the "great" thing that she had achieved in school. coaxed her to try... initially, she took one hr to settle her business, really require a lot of patience.... and now, only 5 minutes... hahaa

carla
last time my gal only poo once a day, now can be 3 to 4x a day. Anytime anywhere also can poo liao.. I was so happy, macham like strike lottery. hehehe. Tat time when she 1st did it at sch &amp; at home, we had a small celebration for her. I bought a small slice of cake for her when she 1st did in school last year. lol ...

Carla/Twinklets: I've already tried to remind Valerie tt she managed to poop w/out diaper in Australia and how clean and not smelly it was.. but no use.

Now HB cut a hole in the diaper.. so she's still poo into the toilet bowl/potty. She must have tt diaper on her ass then have the urge!

Hopefully she can progress to not having diapers on. I told her if she can poo w/out diaper into the toilet, I'll buy her a big present. Let's wait and see.

Next year she's going to K1 liao. We've enrolled her in a kindergarten already.. she'll have to take sch bus to sch in e future.

me not in china... still working....

haha....

talking abt diaper... now gerald only need diaper when to sleep... i was planning to stop him next year.... haha.... but every day wake up the diaper is still very full...

valmom,
my S also like that mah. I jus came back from BKK and bought 2 dresses for her. Thou is big but she loves them lor...
3253860.jpg

must wear diaper to poo? Is it she was ever splash by the water when poo drops and she dun like the feeling hence wants the diaper? Dunno wor, my both kids can poo in potty without much persuading. Only thing is my boy always pee then say want to pee.

sweetbabe,
plastic shoes arent comfortable at all lor. I used to get one for S, it cuts into her flesh, maybe that's why the market stop production liao. I have one very nice shoes to let go. A huge pity my gal cant wear....its 1 size smaller and that's already their biggest size liao...anyone keen to take over? Size is 10/28 should fit a 16cm foot
3253861.jpg
3253862.jpg

twinklets,
kok kok heels? You mean high heels? S already have more than 4 pairs lor. When we were at taipei, she keep pester me and since there arent any flat shoes, we jus let her buy a few lor. Ok to wear heels, but not too high and frequent i suppose.

meow

hey, pretty dress u have there! Is the material soft and commfortable? I have to really scrutinise that when buying dresses for C nowadays otherwise she'll not want to wear if it feels "pricky"
I also think that not all plastic shoes will be as comfortable, but there's a type (jelly-like)which is quite soft.

Abt kok-kok heels, that's also what C loves now
happy.gif

sweetbabe,
The materials are jus like those sold at kiddy palace lor, except cheaper lah. There's can can inside like wedding gown like that, but there's a lining, so not pricky at all

meowie: I have zero idea why she is scared. Even before we started her on toilet or potty she already says scared.. scared for few years still scared.. anyway.. yesterday we tried again and failed.. and I asked tried to talk to her. Ask her if she remembers how many times she poo into toilet in Australia.. she told me "2 times". I ask her how come at home she cannot?, she replied "I don't want to poo poo toilet". So I ask her if it's because she wants to poo into diaper, she replied "yes".

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell hb that she is simply hold back until someone gives her diaper. And hb told me it shd not be a "who blink first" kinda competition. But upon hearing V's replies to me.. he immediately show V the bag of diapers and told her "I'm going to throw this away"

So we asked the maid to throw the diapers away. And then he asked her "So now where do you poo poo?" and her reply is "toilet".

Today when we reached home she was very happy and told us "I poo poo in toilet today!" and she can even remind me to buy her present (coz I promised her b4). It's a small step coz the maid said she poo very little only. But to me it's still very significant as she did it without becoming hysterical.

I hope she can slowly overcome her fears and anxiety and can goto toilet to do her biz.

meowie.. thanks.. but I think this is really an uphill task.. today altho valerie said to us she poo poo in toilet.. it's not true.. so hb gave her e bullet, make her sit on toilet bowl.. still doesn't work..

now she is back to her diaper already...

valmom..

I have the same problem with S... he still needs his diaper for poo poo. My mum made him sit on the toilet for half an hour and he still cant use it. I dunno what to do also...
sad.gif

valmom,
really can understand your stress &amp; frustration here.. i think Val seems to want to try sitting on toilet bowl to poo. But becos she is still v fresh to the new method, so the feeling come to her will be slow. Maybe can take up to more than half an hr for her to have tat poo feeling.. I also dunno how to advise u.. but i guess 5 YO shd b better age for her to kai qiao on poo-ing on toilet bowl..

infact yesterday she already did a good job already.. if she able to sit on toilet bowl to poo again, get her a balloon (she luv tat rite), treat her a cake &amp; ice cream too. Tell her she has accomplished very well &amp; there is a small party for her in the family. Get her into the mood. I think it will really helps.

did u ever try telling her all her frens are sitting on toilet bowl to poo?
did u try buying those princess sticks &amp; paste on the toilet seat cover? Is she into princess?

Poohy,
can understand..

Mummies,

Check with you all, you mentioned about kids poo poo-ing in the toilet bowl, meaning the toilet bowl that adult use?

Cos for me, both Anson and Joeson are trained already. And I always started out with the traditional plastic potty for both of them. And, I denied them of any diapers strictly. Anson did have some 'accidents'... but we use that to encourage him to tell us when he wanna poo.

We then upgraded Joeson first to toilet bowl. Anson follows after. Think it's encouragement that helps?

angel,
sometimes is really the phobia &amp; pyschological thing from the kid... we'll have to wait for the kid themselves to 'kai qiao'..

<font color="ff6000">Carla,</font>
What is the list price again? I can ask my friends if they are interested. When do you need an answer?

Tigger,

The list price is $168.

My sister has one and my girl loves it so much... So, I'm definitely getting. It takes a while for my girl to know how to use it... her motor skills really bad... hahah

Let's see if we can hit MOQ 10. Hoping to get it by mid-dec.

angelneo: adult toilet or potty. So long as it's NOT diaper I very happy liao. I've tried all sorts of methods, even those suggested by twinklets.

I've told her that all her cousins uses toilet, daddy &amp; mommy uses toilet. I've also told her if her classmates know she poo into toilet they'll laugh at her, and she said she dun want pple to laugh at her. I've told her if she can poo poo in toilet I'll bring her to buy a BIG present. But then.. she still cannot lor..

And when we put her onto the toilet bowl.. she'll start "putting" her mind blank.. stare blankly into space. I'm damn scared if we pushed her too hard she'll never "come back"... U know.. become mad?

And how the word "poo poo" is such a bad word that once she hears it.. her facial expression will change.. it's very stressful for her.. I dunno if we shd press on and try or just revert back to her old ways.. I really dunno.

What I cannot comprehend is she can do it in Australia (in adult toilet).. why can't she do it at home?!?!?!?!?

<font color="aa00aa">re: toilet bowl
hmm... c has been pooing in the toilet bowl. no problem with that.

what i am concerned about.. she doesnt go to the toilet till its the very last min. and she cant stand smells. even the smell of her own pee or poo. once, she vomited in the toilet and her teacher called me, thought she was unwell or something. later i found out from her that it was because someone was pooing inside and she couldn't stand the smell. </font>

Morning all,
Long time never come in here liao.
Yesterday I had attended my elder son's Pri prize giving ceremony and he won "best In progress" award. I'm so happy for him. He did improve alot compare from the SA1.
He also went on stage to perform his Chinese orchestra. I'm so touch.

As for me, I'm so terribly busy with my exam and work. No time to blog. Tis coming Monday is my very last paper liao. Wish me good luck!

Krazy
In Joeson's school, there's also this little girl who cannot stand smell of pee and poo. Many times, she will have to go for toilet break alone. Poor thing.

Xavier's Mummy
Feel proud of your son too. Did you shed tears when he go up?

Valmom
How about denying her the diapers? Will there be progress? Or does you all set routines for her to go poo poo?
Hmmm.... or have she got very bad constipation before? Think it all adds up....
sad.gif

For me, the worst problem I have with Joeson will be his vegetable-less diet ler.....

Twinklets
How much is the Bakerzin bake class ah? It seems so fun lei!

<font color="aa00aa">krazy</font> Same lah.. most kids go thru that I guess. Valerie will gag at the sound of di-di vomit or toilet v smelly etc.. or u offer her food she is not interested to eat (horrible right!)

<font color="ff0000">angelneo</font> U know I can be quite "hard-hearted" one.. tough stance I've done b4 already. Tell her, even shouted at her that she is not going to get her diapers. But betweem the ocean and the deep blue sea.. something has to give.. either give her diaper and get the crap out of her system or see her suffer from a bloated and full of crap stomach. How to choose?

Valmom
I'll choose to see my kids suffer bloated and full of crap stomach. That is how tough hearted I am.... until they buay tahan, stand there and pass motion on the floor.... then shame them saying big boy ler, still do that. along with *shame shame* sign.... Guess, my kids are both really very egoistic bah. Just like their daddy. Haiz....

Angel,
Ashley used to be scare of poo. She rather not attempt to poo &amp; will choose to simply lie flat on sofa &amp; not doing anything. We had brought her to GP in 2 days to insert the enema thing, but she still refuse to poo. End up we need to bring her to A&amp;E to clear her bowels with their super powerful enema. This is how things can get bad if the kid refuse to attempt to move the bowels at all.

I'm not sure how stubborn Val can be in this aspect ..

I just worry if Val may simply just refuse to move her bowels &amp; when afew days have passed &amp; she still not gog to poo, chances that the poo will get harden &amp; very difficult for her to poo out even she really has that poo feeling. It will be so hard that she is going to get pain at her anus. All this may simply backfire &amp; increase her phobia towards poo (even in diapers)

So Valmom has to seriously think whether she dare to take this risk or not. Hmm if I'm her, I would rather wait patiently for Val to auto kai qiao which I think she will at 5 yrs old. If not, latest by 7 YO sure will sit toilet bowl to poo already.

The Bakerzin cupcakes session was very fun. Fees aro $44 inclusive apron,hat,instant photo, cert etc.

<font color="ff6000">Twinklets,</font>
The Bakerzin class looks very fun indeed. Price is reasonable too. I am not sure if Keane will be able to handle the baking on his own. So far, the baking classes that he attended were accompanied by either me or his daddy.

<font color="aa00aa">poo/ smell:
when will they "outgrow" this ah?

twinklets!
we are going.. but havent decided when. cuz i have 2 dates in mind... and now, waiting for a friend to confirm before making reservations.</font>

twinklets,
how come i dun see any photos of the baking class....i wan see

tigger,
you wan go ah? When? See if i can make it or not. You mean parents cant go in ah

tigger
I'm keen on going in Jan (if they having). Wanna join? When i signed her up, I didn't think much. I did prepared her for the class, told her only kids can go in &amp; mummies waiting outside the class. Actually I dun expect much from her, thot she'll cry etc, want me around, so hmm i expect the worst lor. lol.

Keane is dongshi kind, think shd be ok to let him go in &amp; try himself. Moreover your face can go kiss that glass window, haha so he see u there taking pics, shd b ok also.
happy.gif

krazy
hmm not sure of the outgrow of poo/smell. mayb primary school will outgrow, ie won't puke anymore but still find it stinko &amp; will pinch nose. :p

so u gog to bake which 1? It was fun, I wanted to go on Dec but $ constraint &amp; too many activites during Dec so have to give it a miss.

Gals,
omg, come to think of it, our kids are turning 5 very soon. Time flies so fast &amp; I'm getting lotsa gan chu now.

Long x never post pic already, post this pic of my 2 darlings if u nvr see them in my FB/blog.

3288596.jpg

Now Julien is bigger (reaching 7 mths), it is really so fun &amp; heartwarming to take pics for both of them. Going to stop my BF soon hopefully by Dec. &amp; I hope by then I can get to enjoy real quality time with them.

meow
like i mention to Tigger, I'm keen to go in Jan. Wanna go together? haha i'm like jio-ing pple liao. :p

I just PM u my blog. baking pics inside. u can c Ashley use tat appliance (aiyo i dunno wat's tat called), so cute lor when i see her use it, press button. then do the flour also v engrossed. basically i think so fun. Too bad I no oven at home.

Back