(2005/04) Apr/May/June 2005 MTB

twinklets
Interesting note, thanks
happy.gif
Thats precisely what has happened every now n then to Cla nowadays. She'll throw tantrum out of the blue n leaves me with no clue, so most of the time I'll just let her be till she cools down..

san
ha..ha then it shud be "happy b'day in advance to Denyce
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">San,</font>
The Nordic cod liver oil is very oily and has a strong smell. We have to add that into Keane's rice if not he will not take it on it's own.

valmom,
maybe you want bring val to another doc to confirm if its HFMD? To me the symptons does sounds like leh

happy birthday to Denyce too
happy.gif

Serrich,
then i think i'm going bonkers le...hubby will help out for another week only. Next week will be me handling 2 liao. Wonder if i can tahan. Sheryl has become very sticky to everyone...and watever noise she hears will say scare and wants to be carried.

Sweetbabe,
Darry is high for his jaundice but no need to be hospitalised, jus need go polyclinic to get prick only

Meow,
My bb is still having jaundice... she is reaching 3 weeks old liao. Supposed to monitor and see if there is a need to go for the blood test to determine whether the liver is functioning well. My PD is quite confident that it is BM jaundice. I am praying hard that she will recover soon or else will kena pricked again.
sad.gif

Meow, Caymom,

Thavis jaundice just recover only.. Aslo BM jaundice.. Took longer than 6 weeks. think 8 weeks then I press his face no longer yellow. Made me a bt worried there since PD usually say 6 weeks all clear. Give them some time ok?? As long as no liver fuction prob should be ok lah.

Wenthena,
Thanks for your assurance. cay took 6 weeks to recover from her jaundice the last time. She was so serious that has to be admitted to hospital for phototherapy.

Meimei's jaundice is less serious, no need to admit. I'm hoping that she will look less jaundiced during her full mth celebration this Sunday... or else her full mth celebration pics will really look like cay.... dark dark bb with jaundice.

valmom and Meow,
take care.

twinklets,
Your posting on tantrums is so so true. but... hai... easier said than done. most of the time hubby and I ignore him, my parents will rush to entertain him. they always tell us not to let him cry too long. really dunno how to reinforce when there's no consistency.

Just encountered the supermarket episode awhile ago. the other shoppers must be so disgusted and tot we are mean parents. Zavier literally tore the wrapper of the whole bar of Toblerone chocolate and helped himself to it.. when we tried to take it away, he went on his screaming and crying feat again.

We're feeling the full blast ultimate combination effect of insecurity from attending childcare, terrible two and threat from soon-to-arrive sibling. and I don't think it will go away soon...
sad.gif

I still think he is a happy child, but don't know why he's behaving this way. to seek attention?

valmom,

hang on there.. when aaron got hfmd, it was a nitemare for everyone in the house.. he didn't want to take his milk too.. ended up at nite, he cried for food. He had no choice, he managed to eat some bread and drink plain water while lying down on his bed with his eyes closed. The sight of it, is heart-breaking.

It took about 3- 4days to subside.. I gave him paracetomol every 4 hourly at first.. later, i switch to "ling yang", dunno is it due to that, he got better after taking it.

my pd advise us to give him whatever he wants to eat or drink.. ice-cream, juice. You may want to prepare "cold" milk, or room-temperature ones. spoon feeding or syringe works for some kids, but not for aaron. It is painful for them to suck. I had hfmd myself too, whenever i swallowed my own saliva each time, it is painful. At the time being, u may want to put teething gel in her mouth to relieve the ulcers pain.

sharing some shots from Joelle's 1st birthday party last week...

817991.jpg

817992.jpg

817993.jpg

817994.jpg

krazy, paiseh... borrowed your design... cos really not creative lah
happy.gif

Happy belated birthday to joelle
... its been a year already?? time really flies!

happy birthday denyce!
happy.gif

Happy Belated 1 YO to Joelle.. wow tat's fast.. she's a toddler already..

Very nice sweetie bday cake. Poohy, where u order from? How much?

Happy 2 YO to Denyce!
happy.gif

Zyp,
Definitely is due to seeking attention & I think also due to CC - he still find it hard to adapt. Back in CC, he gotta 'share' the teacher wif so many kids, but back at home only so few of u. Definitelly he'll wan u all to focus on him. ALso is Mei Mei coming, he'll feel threaten. Not to scare u, once Mei Mei comes, he may even more whiny. Tat happen to Ashley when my Mum babysitted my nephew. But right after nephew left, she was back to last time again, ie. less whiny.

<font color="0000ff">Well wishes</font>
Thank you all for writing encouraging words. It is a very trying times. Everytime we force feed Valerie I want to cry. So end up this mommy gotta think of very creative ways to get her to drink.

Yesterday when I reached home ard 1+, Valerie only had 1 bottle of milk (180ml) and 1/2 cup (kids cup) of water & 1/2 cup of barley. Refuse to drink anything else. And when I cradle her, she just stare blankly into space and her eyes looked dull. So I got worried and took a cab to see a PD at MAH again. While waiting to see the PD, she drank her milk (phew!)

As our regular PD was on leave, we went to see the other PD who is sharing the same clinic. He also didn't say it's HFMD. They say it's gumgervitis (sorry abt the spelling as I'm only trying to make out the words using phonics). It's virus no doubt but not HFMD and anti-biotics doesnt work for virus infection.

Sigh.. and we have been feeding her anti-biotics prescribed by my SIL all these days... In any case, even for HFMD, anti-biotics are not useful becoz anti-biotics are for bacteria infection. Not for viral infection. Sigh.. Another lesson learnt.

So come dinner time valerie refuses her milk again and inbetween we have force-fed her barley. Force-feeding is getting tougher coz she struggles alot alot. She has cry until her voice is now coarse.

So what I did was I wheel her to the Siglap Park Connector, and let her see other children play. She didnt want to join in either (coz she is so lethargic). I scared she gets too near to other children so I took the bench further away from the playground. THere I tried to feed her milk which ended up her crying very loudly. Tried a few times, cry a few times until she was drowsy and slept.. then I fed again and was finally successful. And she finished her bottle of milk.

At night also a struggle coz all the force feeding in the day ended up her having nightmares at night. Still have them but not as bad as previous night. At least yesterday night no need to cradle her to sleep. She is ok sleeping on the sofa bed on her own. But from 2am - 4am she was having her nightmares.. tossing & turing & shouting "NONONO" every 5 mins or so..

Funny thing is I placed a bottle of barley next to her pillow. Out of the blue she took the bottle and drank up the whole bottle. Mommy so happy.

Come 6am her 'nightmares' started again. But less intense as well. Again I placed a bottle of barley next to her pillow. She took the bottle, talked abit, feed her monkey a bit and then finally put in her mouth to drink.

The thing is she can drink. Her ulcers are less angry looking now. Those on her lips have almost completely recover but she still refuse to drink when she is awake... I think she very phobia..

And she is not cheerful like before.

What can I do?

mummies,

thanx for the well wishes
happy.gif
Joelle said thank you ;)

krazy,

ya lor.. time flies by hor... my S is 2 year old and J is 1 year old liao... 2 active and busy toddlers in my home
happy.gif

twinklet,

the cake is from pine gardens.... I copied the idea from krazy.... too late for me to design anything when I decided to order the cake. It was vanilla sponge on top and triple chocolate below...I love the cake... its one of the best tasting chocolate cake I had taken. The cake cost $85 i think. For a 2 tier customised cake, I think the price is very reasonable.... thanx to Krazy's recommendation
happy.gif

valmom,

no doubt about it.. viral infection cannot take antibiotic cos not useful. The only way is to drink more water and boost up the body's own immunity. The PD and GP I went to when my kids had hfmd prescribed a red color syrup medicine that is supposed to be anti-viral medication. My kids took those during their hfmd. In any case, my mum make lots of ling yang and barley for them during that time. do take care... its always a trying time when our kids are sick.

Valmom,
Glad tat Val able to drink herself. Guess she's phobia of u guys, forcing her to drink this & that. Since u say her ulcers are lesser 'angry looking', then perhaps she may be on the recovery mode.

Think u can just cont' do wat u are currently doing. Dun force feed anymore, just put the bottle next to her pillow. Perhaps u can put afew bottles at 1 go. See whether she drinks finish #1 bottle, will she cont' to drink #2 bottle or not.

Also, stay cheerful for her. When U sees her, show her ur happy cheerful look. She sees u smiling, she'll get affected too. Slowly, she'll bk to her cheerful mode once she's no longer lethargic.

Evelyn,
Ya i got use toothpaste. My gal demands for it. I use the Kodomo 1, the strawberry flavor. But I always remind her DUN EAT, must puke out. She did puke all together wif saliva. BUT i think she also got swallow abit lor. Btw, I put v little on it ..

Poohy,
The cake looks lovely. Ya I also saw from Krazy's blog. So sweet & galish lor. hehe. $85 really sound reasonable!!

Btw, I read the back of Lingyang, they indicate 4 YRs & Above, tat's why I dun dare to let Ash drink leh.

I myself got drink, I think is really gd to curb the heatiness.

<font color="0000ff">Krazy/Poohy</font>
Where u get that cake? Maybe when Valerie recovers I buy her 1 cake to celebrate?!

She hates the house becoz of this I think. Once she is back home she will start fussing. When she is outside she very calm one.
sad.gif

valmom,

for S & J, we applied a ulcer gel for them in their mouth.... according to the PD, it helps to numb the pain and help them swallow. Eg. For Joelle at that time she got hfmd, she cant drink her milk ...so the PD advised us to apply the gel on the tip of her tongue so that when it mix with her saliva when she swallowed... etc alternatively, is to put the gel onto the tip of the milk teat which we did. We also cool her milk.

twinklet,

ya the cake is vv reasonably priced.... and it tasted very nice especially the triple chocolate.

for the ling yang... my mum brewed them.... I heard there are some types which are not suitable for kids.

valmom,

the cake is from pine garden.

Valmom,
Hopefully Val is better today. Poor gal..... the ulcers must be terrible. Kids normally are less active when they are sick la.... don't worry much.

Poohy,
Help me wish Joelle a belated happy birthday. I love the cake. So lovely!

Evelyn,
I also use Kodomo for Joeson. I brush teeth with him infact. Cos now our kids are monkey see, monkey do. He imitate me spitting out the toothpaste after brushing. So he don't swallow the toothpaste anymore. Last time, when he swallow the toothpaste, I will also show him an eekie face, and he slowly will prevent from swallowing liao.

Hi mummies, I have a bad morn, I blackout & fainted on the mrt, lucky have 1 lady quickly let me sit down & gave me some oil to apply. I tink it happen becoz i din have breakfast so rch office faster eat & guess what i throw out my breakfast, guess im getting the effects of 1st tri pregnancy, i really feel lousy today.

evelyn,

can get from drugstore overseas or local... at kiddy palace, guardian pharmacy
happy.gif
u better take care... eat some little biscuits or crackers... those are not too filling but it helps...
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Poohy</font>
We got gel but she refuse to let us apply. So in the end gotta restrain her to do so. And Valerie has a stubborn streak in her. The more u restrain the more violently she reject. So how? Don't give cannot, give gotta use force... very heartpain leh. She see us take out e tube of medicine only will go "NONONO!!!"

<font color="119911">Angelneo</font>
Still like that lor. This morning she see her grandparents just stare at them blindly. Last time see already will quickly call "mah mah" and "gong gong" very sweetly. Dun call also will smile and say "Hi!" loudly.. now.. she is a zombie like that.. so heartpain.

<font color="0077aa">binbin10</font>
Office is secondary. Take care of urself ok?

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

Poohy,
Denyce's cake from Pine Garden as well. Very near to us for collection compare to Smiling Orchid. Me too just copy the design given by PG as I only need 1.5kg so alot of design I want can't make it.

Evelyn,
I am also using the 1st Teeth toothpaste for my gal. She likes it sooo much. She's basically eating the toothpaste. When i brush for her, she lick and swallow away the toothpaste and will tell me 'I want some more brush teeth banana' cos the toothpaste is in banana flavour.

Photos of her PG cake and yesterday wz her classmates in school.
818292.jpg

818293.jpg

818294.jpg

valmom,

hmm bear with it... it will soon pass. When they dun eat much, its very worrying... but the ulcers will soon recover and she will slowly get back to her normal self. We just have to make sure she is not dehydrated by giving water regularly...

Last week Samuel was down with suspected typhoid fever hor.. we were also v worried cos from an active boy... he was literally lying there all day long. Sleeping 75% of the day away. So unlike him. We called home so many times in the day to check on him. But now that he is recovered, he is back to his normal self. So hang in there!
happy.gif

Happy birthday to Denyce
happy.gif

San,

I love the 2 little ponytails u tied for Denyce!!!
happy.gif
Soooo sweet... My Samuel has many similarities to your girl I have noticed.... he also shares the love for the toothpaste.... I brush for him and he keep wanting more.... and still say Yummy after that
happy.gif

That's a lovely cake!! I love the wording design. Actually PG is really quite good... I will definitely go back to them for cakes... though its vv out of the way for us
happy.gif

poohy/san
Nice cakes you have for your darlings!
btw, PG does not provide delivery svc??

evelyn
must take care! try to eat sthg light before you leave home, I normally drink a glass of warm milk before leaving home, otherwise won't be able to "tong" w/o b'fast till reach office.

playgroup
he..he..keen too if I can still make it b4 I "pop"
happy.gif

sweetbabe,

they provide delivery at $10 i think
happy.gif
I wanted to collect becos I need to pass them some decor to put on the cake.

<font color="0000ff">great news!</font>
Valerie now at least willing to drink water... hopefully she'll slowly be willing to take more food... I very zombie already actually.. having a splitting headache and work in office is piling up :-(

valmom:
yap, cake from pine garden!
happy.gif

oh no... you better take care of yourself... drink lots of water yourself. and must get sleep... no sleep = ill!

i know it is difficult to rest but you must squeeze time too...

re: lingyang
really??? i dint know that there are those for 4 yrs and above. i also give to cheryl.

twinklets:
hee... me never read properly... blur!

i dunno if the medical halls are still selling this; kai1 chai1 shui1 (cantonese) loosely translated to: little chick water. cuz the brand is of a chick.

my mum said i drank that when i was little and when i came down with fever.

honestly, even if the medical halls do sell them, i am also apprehensive about feeding it to c...

Happy belated birthday to Joelle. She so cute
happy.gif

Pretty cake you got there too Poohy.
happy.gif
For the price $85, very worth. My friend had hers at $135 for a 3kg cake...i find it ex leh. But it does taste yummy. Had the cake before i go hospital. Hee

Happy birthday to Denyce too...sweet and simple cake you got there.
happy.gif
Very pretty...make me want to eat cake too. Can i or not huh??
happy.gif

Valmom,
Glad to hear that val is getting better and taking something. Hope there's more good news from you too on val.

Evelyn,
I didn't use any toothpaste yet. Even now Sheryl also didn't want to brush teeth daily le. So we jus let her be lor.

Time for me to share a photo too. Here's a photo of the giant and a baby
happy.gif

818918.jpg

Meow,

I like the way u describe them, so how is Sheryl taking on with her didi? I like the innocent look of Sheryl in the photo. Nowadays i kept telling tricia that mummy has a baby inside the stomach then after said that she will touch my tummy & smile, i wonder if she really knows but can't wait for the moment for the 2 little ones to connect, by the time i will take a pic similar like wat u post too,
happy.gif

Evelyn
That is why whenever I see small babies..I always make a pt to highlight to Sky that this is a baby...next time mei mei come out will be like this....

valmom,
so sorry to hear that val is gg thru such a hard time... sigh... when the tods are sick we parents suffered the most... hang in there... u n your hubby must take care too...

meow,
wat a nice photo... i oso took a similar photo... our 2 yr old tods really look like giant when compared to their sibling hor... kekekeke...

poohy/san,
happy be-lated bdays to the kiddos... their hv such beautiful cake...

Evelyn,
Still very cranky leh...sticky to me too. Will want to hug my legs when i walk
sad.gif
But today she's very sweet...didi cry and she went to take didi's milk bottle to him and if he crys, she wants to sayang him. Hope this continues and she will understand. So happen this photo is the nicest and she's looking at him, else she's looking at the camera.

SC,
Share your photo too leh

Those who has yet to collect free gift from NTUC income should go and collect too leh...here's the link. Still eligible for those 1yr and below
http://income.com.sg/newborn/

And those reside in south west zone, must go get your free cash card worth $38 too...before BB turns 3mths old
http://www.southwestcdc.org.sg/1164335762503.html

NTUC still got give free goodie bag?
Those dun wan the similac follow on $3 discount voucher can give me too? Thankyou
happy.gif

Poohy,
Happi Belated BD to Joelle.. She's such a lovely gal.
happy.gif

Yummy yummy.. The cake looks so sweet and nice.. I drooling leow..

San,
Happi Belated BD to Denyce too.. Wow looks like Pine Gdn can come up wf beautiful design! I also like the pastel colors they use. Nicer than e-creative one.
happy.gif

Meow,
I like the way u put it.. Giant and baby.. Hahaha.. Whenever Sherilyn lies next to Shania, I also feel that Sherilyn looks like a Giant thou she is quite petite as compared to the peers ard her age.. Hahaha..

San,
Denyce's frens all look pretty big hor? They also 2 YO?

Krazy,
u din read wrongly, is me tat din write clearly. =P Btw, how u brew Lingyang? Can teach me?? Can we let them drink like fortnitely?

Hehe so glad tmr no need to work. If only I take leave on Friday, then lagi better. haha.

twinklets,

y dun u take off on fri? then u really super super long weekend!

Meow,

yar many pple also warn me after the 2nd child is born, the 1st will be super sticky. Now my girl already very sticky lor, i can't imagine when the 2nd one arrives. But i tink most impt is to give both equal attention, at least they won't feel that mummy is taken away by didi or meimei

Back