(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

AC, puff,
the Junior Legaue I went to is at United Square. There is a nice nursing room in US. Can bring baby there to clean/change him after the cut.
It's $12 per cut.

sharon,
wow, sharwyn's swimming pics makes me wanna bring lucas for his virgin swim ASAP! hopes he'll ejoy himself like sharwyn
happy.gif

little_devil,
you are so cute, wanna shave quinn becos of some handsome guy you saw
happy.gif

sharon,
your sharwyn's swimming pics also makes me decided to bring JR to the pool next sat...got him a overall swimsuit during cny shopping 2 weeks ago.

MT,
your fren bb is really advanced!
Actually, JR's stunt depends very much on his mood.... he is rather LAZY most of the time..unlike his didi Kieran who is very active!

Berry,
I am definitely ANTI-SOLID before 6mths for exclusively breastfed- JR. But JR is coming 6mths old on Wed and I have decided to let him try semi-solid since he now shows interest when we are eating at table. Maybe you have got the wrong impression earlier when I mentioned abt anti-solid... I dun want my JR to touch any solid anytime before 6mths old cos he is a exclusive BF baby and I was advised not to until he is near 6 mths old...

Medusa
Yeah, guess u were right that cutting takes a longer process, that's why isabel was crying.

Skyblue, SLK
the hairdresser gave me the kind of look "so big oredi shave botak?". i was ok with her suggestion 'cos i hesitated a long time before bringing isabel there. but now looking at her hair still dropping, i wonder should i listen to her in the first place or not.

Puff
Yeah, if u go there, don't repeat my mistake ;-)

kelly,
thanks for the compliment for declan. i din know he resembles a bit like tat japanese guy u mention. yesterday he was sleeping leh...u can see his face? oh ya, Gabriel is so friendly hor~ . he can smile at strangers
happy.gif

Declan going to 3 months soon - abt 2 weeks time. he cannot flip yet also.

puff,
your gal is so pretty. no wonder yesterday i saw u taking pictures of her at marche. i told my hubby that your gal must be very obedient and quite easy to take care, thats why you can go meet us alone with Ying Xin.

Andrea,
Declan met his buddy yesterday ... that is Qian Ning. (both of them cry before milk). heee. i must admit your gal is very pretty.

Jen,
We were saying that your gal has a baby look, unlike Declan - no baby look at all leh.

Kelly,
what happen to Gab's skin? Which skin doctor at peace centre will u be seeing? i used to see a skin doctor there too.

guess wat? I bought a 2nd-hand Baby Bjorn carrier at only $45!!!! I'm so so happy hehe! I couldnt sling faye lately because my shoulder and backache's getting worse and she was quite unhappy to be in pram when we are out. So I was telling hubby that I wanna get a bb bjorn to see ifs its better than sling, and actually intended to bring Faye to mothercare try it out this coming week. And yesterday I came accross someone who wants to sell hers for $45 and I couldnt believe my luck!! Immed went down to buy today. I'm a very very happy mommy
happy.gif

kelly, I read that babies learn to do proper flips frm 3-5mths+, anything within this period is normal and no cause for concern at all. Plus, its prob also depends on personality of abbies. Active babies tend to move and experiment more than quiet babies. Some babies love to rumble and tumble nonstop whereas others babies are more relaxed and calm and just enjoy watching the world go by.
happy.gif

Puff, nice pic! Thats a lovelt top she has on, so sweet looking!

Jnr, aiyo, dun keep saying your boy lazy lar. Sometimes its a self-fulfilling prophecy, if he grows up hearing you say that, he'll soon believe it and behave accordingly. Anyway, he's still young and maybe he just prefers to take his own time to slowly explore movements, could be a personality trait mah.

MT, I like tena's bald look more and more hehehe... such a cutiecutie pie!

berry,
very gd buy!
i'm currently using e baby lucky carrier n my husband uses it once in a while. he has tried e baby bjorn carrier from mothercare n he still prefers it. he said e cut n feel of e carrier is much betta than our present one n mothercare branded carrier.

berry,
thks for sharing wat u read. more reassuring 2 me n husband now. as much as we tell ourselves not 2 kan cheong abt gab's development but when we c other babies (same age or even younger) being able 2 do certain thing, a part of us tend 2 panick again. then we hv 2 remind ourselves again tat every baby is different.

sharon,
u wont believe...none of us actually tot of taking pics. tis time round, i did bring my camera. we were sitting on a round table where all e babies r in their prams. hard 2 take pics then cos marche was quite crowded.

when we left, we said our goodbyes n forgot abt taking pics cos i tik qian ning, jean n declan were sleeping. i cant recall if ying xin n gab were sleeping then.(OMG, my own son n i cant even recall n it only happened yesterday)

sharon,
WARAKU......me wanna go n eat their ebi tempura. how was ur dinner? must hv been yummy-licious. u n hubby must b rewarding urself after sharwyn's swimming activity. hard work for u2 man!

so zhai of sharwyn 2 b sitting in e baby chair...

junior,
JR is not lazy lah...maybe jus laid back at tis stage? I always feel dat he's a very guai bb
happy.gif
See the way he behaves over dinner 2nite. So envious dat he can jus be quiet while u enjoy ur dinner in peace.

sharon,
I enjoy all ur narration of the pics u posted... SO funny
happy.gif
Sharwyn is so cute.

medusa,
U do take very nice pics of ur hubby n Athena
happy.gif
Kieran is oso exhibiting stranger anxiety, esp after CNY. He even rejects his nanny when i bring him over...Dun know whether it's a gd thing or bad thing.

berry,
Ya man, both of us have to be extra vigilant... 2day Kieran started chewing on his cot when i left him unattended for a while...Hmm...wat next?

berry/junior,
Now i very confused...wat's semi-solids n wat's solids? Is cereal semi-solid or solid? Cos dat's all i ever started Kieran on so far. Not so keen to try bananas cos read form somewhere dat some bbies develop a sweet tooth after being given bananas. So wat can i give next?

medusa
umm........ after reading wat u say about gout, i tik i can confirm its NOT!!!
happy.gif
and i also tik tat its not possible for me to have gout mah, so i tik its really my vein issue liao.... yah, my dad has gout and theres a long list of food he cant eat, but he simply bo chap so end up feeling the pain!! sweety tena looks so adorable even without her beautiful locks of hair, i also love the first pix
happy.gif

berry
yah, i rem u once say tat motherworks at G.W.C has the largest range, i will drop by one of these days as today went kidsmall, the books there not so attractive
sad.gif

puff
yingxin so sweet.... how old is she? (i tends to forget, sorry :p)

slk
bo bian, tat guy is simply "DROP DEAD" good looking, somemore a very nice guy....

sharon
oh..... sashimi..... drool...... i tik sharwyn mus be tiking "u mus be kidding, me aint having my milk tis way"!! ha!!!!

WHERE TO GET??
any mummies know where can i get those muslin towel, those small size one, like those hanki which we bring out to wipe bb mouth??

little devil, I buy mine from Aussino baby section. Or the nice ones from Takashimaya hehe, got pretty embroidery mah :p
The Motherworks at GMC I mentioned carries a large range of TOYS, not books.

skyblue, I dont tihnk there is such a thing as semi-solids leh. Start on solids means start on solids rite? Cereal or wat, even watery cereal still considered solids I think. Anyway, apart from rice cereal, you can also try giving sweet potatoes if you dun wanna give the sweeter fruits like bananas.

kelly, yar lor, I think we all cant help worrying here and there once in a while, but must remind ourselves all babies are diff, cnanot compare. BTW, you know, some babies are late speakers, dont utter a single word even when they are 1.5years old. BUT one day when they start talking, they speak real sentences using real words, not baby babble. Its just that some bbs prefer to gather all info of what they've learnt in their minds and use it only after they are certain how it works.

Sharon, yar , Faye likes the carrier!
Wow those are lovely pics that you posted! Waaah your sashimi platter looks good and real fresh!

AC, waah! 1hr... means no time for painkiller?
Berry, that day I used the carrier- made 1 straight line to bank n back. Cldn't take tena's weight that long.

bb devt. Tell me abt it! Tena is surrounded by advanced bbs, lol! Yesterday hb's collleague dropped by, we've seen their bb a few times since tena was 1 mth, n i noticed their bb really is alot more agile n adventurous... just 2.5 mth older n he can do proper crawl with ease, grasp things with ease, sit up from lying position, pull himself up to stand n was trying to climb! Wahliao! Definitely advanced motor skills-wise (BTW full-time working parents). He was sooo active in tena's nursery, I felt the nursery was too small for him- he needs a huge playspace, man! But speech-wise I think tena is slightly faster (he can't make "mmma" sounds). Not for lack of stimulation- I find I do more physical exercises with tena whereas they talk more to their bb, LOL!
Ohhh... n HB's collleague bought for his wife a Loewe diaper bag *droool*, n Aprica pram.

Puff, yingxin looks so sweet- her red hairclip is sharwyn's type, right? Hey my aunt bought that dress for tena but much larger size!
happy.gif

Sharon, waaah that sashimi looks gd! I haven't tried tena in a highchair yet.

AC,

How long is ur labour pain? My labour pain was less then 2 hrs but i already buay tong... Now think of it, i still shiver....

Working mums,

Can i know how many times u express ur milk? I tot of expressing more then once but no steriliser wif me.

MT, that is the IKEA highhair I think. Its quite small and snug for small babies our kiddos' age, one of these days u let tena try, see if she likes it.
Wah your friend's baby is really advanced! That baby should be 6.5mth now? Eh, but then in the first year, 2.5mth can alot a whole world of diff mah, who knows, maybe tena at 6.5mth can also do alot.
happy.gif

AC,
u get yr nanny thru' agency rite? can i hav the contact? coz my nanny may not able to look after natalie...
sad.gif
she have difficulties breathing during nite time for the past wk, and she looks sick these few days too. she is taking med and may need to go for operation to have detail check if still not feeling better after the med. and she looks sick too, aiyo me so worry.

btw can let me know the name/ unit no of yr past 2 nannies who quited earlier. Just in case the agency introduce them to me. if not convenient to reveal here may be can PM me ok? thks. haiz... i so sad now. coz i really like the current nanny very much, hse very clean and environment very good.
sad.gif

hiaz... back at work today!!! missing my jean oredi... feel like calling back to ask how is she but dun want to tok too long wif MIL... hmm...

aiyah... miss MSN...
sad.gif
office cannot install... hiaz... anyone got icq can PM me ur UIN so we can chat too...
happy.gif

SLK, she wun harm her granddaughter lah... but she may say "bad" things abt me to jean lor... which i dun like cos like poisoning her mind... last time i around she oredi say leow... now i not around... cannot control... btw, you got icq rite? what's ur UIN? can't find the past posting...

kelly, puff, mngo and andrea... so nice to see you ladies and hubbies as well...
proud.gif
it's very interesting to see other people keep staring at our table cos got so many prams... haha... but then hor, next gathering, dun make me wait SOO long again hor...
lame.gif
gotta entertain jean for 1 hour in the same place veli siong leh... hehe...

mngo, baby look?!? my mum still say she dun wear mittens and booties anymore so dun look like baby leow... my hubby also say she jus look like a "mini" adult... hehe...

puff, thanx for the info on fantastic sams... we still "considering" whether to bring her there or not...

berry, the cert is only given if we pay $5 for the polaroid rite? do u know how much it cost if we dun go during weekdays for the FOC first cut?

evelyn, my first day at work... still trying to figure out how many times i should pump... dun want to disappear too many times for too long... but definitely will express at least twice... i will be sterilising the pump in a bit pot and use hot water to soak... not using tablets...

hi medusa,

i think tena is about the same age as my gal meghan. she was born on 12 Oct 04. when was tena born?

what is the reason for shaving head??? i'm eurasion & we don't seem to practice this.

MT...she deliver wifout epi, admitted hospital already 5cm dilated, and she din know at all, she go hospital is to normal checkup, after work, din bring bag, din bath lol

Evelyn...yours is fast! mine is 3hrs leh

TBL...will pm u shortly
happy.gif

deniz,
oh cos she was born with hair n I din hav a chance to see her bald-headed... think it'd be the only time she'd ever be bald, as a baby at least. If she grows up and does a Sinead O'Connor, it'd still look very different from her present bald baby look :p. Hair will grow back anyway
happy.gif
And cos her hair started dropping drastically overnight- hair on mattress, and on her saliva-sticky fingers!

Some chinese believe in shaving bb at 1st mth, not clear why... even my mum never practised on me haha.

Berry, the bb lifted the edge of my rug n tried to pull it off, haha. N I wondered if I should "bumper-proof" my nursery walls waah, so active!
happy.gif

... Loewe diaper bag... aprica pram...! *drooooooools*

Puff,
thanks!
happy.gif
i'll see if i can get it from the medical halls near my office. So it can be applied near the vagina area?

Sharon,
Those are lovely pics of Sharwyn!
happy.gif
She seems really relaxed in the float, makes me want to bring Tricia for a swim too! And she looks so demure & gentle!

Lil_devil,
hahaa! U so funny! want to shave Quinn botak bcos of a handsome guy you see! lol!

ADVICE PLEASE!
All working mummies, need your advice please. Currently, my mum is taking care of Tricia full time & i only bring her back on weekends but visit her every weekday nites. Now, i'm thinking of bringing her back every night but my HB not very supportive bcos he's taking a part-time evening class and is busy with projects & tests etc.
Actually the reason for bringing her back every nite is bcos i'm worried dat she won't be attached to me in the long run & i feel guilty abt not spending enough time with her too. What should i do?
sad.gif

peg...if u tink u can handle alone(since yr hub will be bz wif studies), why not try out for 2 weeks and then decide? it's all down to getting used to it, for people like me wif no choice, die die also have to get used to bringing bb back home everynite, whether we like it or not...but it's really nice to spend more time wif bb, everynite we go home, Justin will "chat" wif us, nap a while, wake up for supper, then play a while and sleep for the nite
happy.gif

AC,
yah, agree with u dat it's a matter of getting used to. it's just dat my HB not enthusiastic so me keep having 2nd thots abt it but at the same time, i kept thinking to myself that since alot of parents like you can do it, why can't I? hiaz...but then again, just curious - if u hv a choice, would u still be bringing Justin back every nite?

Peg,

I wld encourage to bring your baby back, try to increase the nights gradually if you are afraid that you cannot handle your little one. That's what I did when I delivered my 2nd bb and my elder boy was staying with my in-laws for almost 3 mths... After the 3 months with my inlaws, my elder boy had difficulty adjusting back home.. he wld cry when I brought him home (my hubby works late & travels v often) and cry for his grandparents... in the past weeks, he was much better.. Most of the week nights I am alone with the 2 boys.. a challenge but the bonding with our kids are rewarding...

peg...last time i wanted a day/nite nanny, but hub refused, he said then has bb for wat if dun bring him home everyday...but now after 2mths of daily bringing bb home, i am beri ok wif it, and if i need to go out wif frends, hub will look after Justin alone...the only ting is dat we canot have anymore lomantic dinner lor lol we even bring justin to morton's on NY eve
happy.gif

i believe dat as long as we bring bb wherever we go, getting used is onli a matter of time...yesterday we bring him out whole day, had 3 of his 5 feeds outside :p
our next target is to "train" him watch movie
happy.gif

sparks,
thanks, wow, u're handling 2 boys all by yourself! that's very motivating.
happy.gif
btw how old is ur elder boy? u're a working mum too?

Little Devil,

not sure if we have the same problem with the wrist, do u have difficulty bending your wrist? I used to have problems with the joints at my wrists.. cant bend & will have swelling at my wrists.. Found it strange as I did not suffer from any sprains or fractures.. Saw docs & even went for physiotherapy but the problem kept caming back. It was only after the observation of my hubby that I have a habit of bending my wrists when I sleep that put pressure on the joint that resulted in the joint ache & swelling. To prevent myself from bending the wrist when I sleep, I bought a wrist guard from Guardian Pharmacy.. it has a metal plate & velcro strap to secure ur wrists. It works for me .. you might want to try the wrist guard..

AC,
if only i can get my HB to think like yours...hiaz...
sad.gif

wow...training him to watch movie is a big challenge - good luck with it!
happy.gif

Peg,

Yes I am a working mum. My elder boy is 20 mths & younger one is turning 4 tmr.. Once you get a hang of handing you baby things will be much easier.

To cope with my 2 boys alone... I can only remove my make-up once I reach home (bathe only when the younger one falls asleep, will put the older one in the bath tub so that I can have my shower. Our daily night routine is to play with toys (Joash will be seated on my lap) & watch kor kor (Joshua) play , read books, watch Hi-Fi.. this is also my opportunity to teach Joshua to be responsible towards his brother & to share with his bro

peg...yr hub studying also beri difficult, coz imagine if he gotto study for exam and a wailing bb in the background, u have to prepare to do most of the bb stuff on yr own, dun wolly, 1st few wks will be difficult especially if yr bb hvn't sleep thru the nite, but soon you will get used to it
happy.gif

Jen, if not FOC then hor maybe $15 I think, think only lar, not sure oso leh.

MT, eh, I dun like Loewe leh. I'm too typical I think. :p

Peg, we are not the ones who have to deal with the difficulties in your situation, so v hard to advice you. If you can, of course its best for you to bring your girl home daily, cause this is when the bonds start forming. Have a good discussion and see if you and hubby can work out something in between? Maybe if he REALLY REALLY REALLY cannot take it then how about letting bb come home 4 out of 7 nights? Then at least got some time for him to rest on certain nights? The if you both get used to it and feel that you are ready for more, then start bringing home daily and see how.
happy.gif

TBL...as i mentioned, my 1st nanny's frend is looking for babysitting, if u wan i can contact her, she's staying in blk 176

<font color="aa00aa">peg,</font>
we oso dun bring bb back on wkdays. last wk, din bring back on wkends too cos have too much things on hand to do. and i have to pump &amp; pump milk, so...

however, i do drop by every night (min 4 out of 5 week nights) to play with her a while. of cos, it still gotta depends on whether she's asleep/awake. it's real rush too. cos i reach mum's place 7:15~7:30pm, take quick dinner, express milk at 8pm, leave for home at 9:30pm, reach home 10pm, shower, pack stuff, pump at 11pm again. so actually i don't really hv much time with her too. however, will try to make use of any 10~20 mins to talk to her lor...

diff for us to bring home cos we leave for work at 6:30am (i wake up at 5am to pump). so if we were to drop by mum's place, we'll have to wake up earlier and leave house much much earlier (we dun drive).

so, in order not to stress ourselves (&amp; perhaps the bb cos need to wake her up so early) we leave her at mum's place.....

peg, my mil stay with us on weekdays... my hubby does not want jean to be a weekend baby... in the event that my mil cannot cope with handling jean alone, he will rather employ a babysitter near us than to send everyday and bring home everyday...

Jen,
No good for the eyes to watch too much tv..also the "radiation" issue.
Just for info-- my boy only likes to watch the news- weather report and currency exchange segment.. no interest in watching cartoons..

peg,
My boi stays with nanny during weekdays. But i visit him everyday n spend a few hrs with him. Only recently, we try to bring him home during weekdays as well. It's quite tiring but not unmanageable. Jus dat hubby n I bring work home quite often n when Kieran is home with us, we dun have much time left to work n only when he's asleep at 10 plus to 11 then we can start with our work. Coupled with the fact that both of us have to reach work place quite early, so we wake up at 5 plus to 6 n set off from home at 6.20am to bring Kieran to nanny's pl.
Like wat berry says, no one can give u sound advice as to whether to bring ur bb home everyday. Of cos the ideal situation is to bring ur bb home everyday but then, it depends very much on u n hubby's schedule, comfort level etc.

sharon,
Wah, Sharwyn oso wanna join Kieran in the sit-up club? kekeke...

berry,
Actually hubby bot sweet potato but cos K was not well tis weekend so we decided not to let him try anything new yet... maybe tis coming weekend.

Peg,

We bring baby home everyday cos 1) we feel that bonding with baby very important and don't want him to develop separation anxiety and want his grandmother instead 2) we don't want to miss out on his development like the last time he has shown no sign of flipping over but suddenly one night he flipped! 3) the house feels empty without him LOL

Angelia,

Your schedule everyday sounds really tight. Although pumping is important but it sounds like it's done at the expense of spending more time with your baby. How about latching on direct while you are at your mum's place?

Jen,
i think hor u shld train Jean on news watching, like ruffy. maybe like tat wont have radiation? maybe watching cartoons will have radiation?

Ruffy,
my son also like to watch news and currency stuffs and CNA . he also got high IQ

251492.jpg

^ Tena was only on her back, kicking her legs n "singing". While the other active bb crawled ard, then tried to pull himself up using the flimsy mattress against the wall... and when we removed the mattress, tried to headbang the solid wall instead! Followed by crawling back down to try to pull up the rug. LOL!
251493.jpg

251494.jpg

^ Tena's 1st solids at Da Paolo... kidding!
happy.gif

hehe .. i went to SWIM today with daddy and mummy, i liked the pool so much tt i didn't cry at all ..

251499.jpg

^ daddy helping me to get into my float ..

251500.jpg

^ bye, mum and dad!

251501.jpg

^ now that i am alone, i can suck my fingers ..

Back