(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

hi mummies,
thks for ur concern. went 2 yu guo 2 fix my ankle & cough (confirmed not preggie
sad.gif
so can take cough mixture)

medusa,
i applaud u for ur effort. wat cake mixture did u use? i havent email u & fruitcake yet. will do so later...cant wait 2 c ur end-product.

Not nice to eat n not nice to see. Sigh. Lucky I do trial-run. Must modify extensively. :/ Dunno wat to do with THIS cake, LOL.

Where to find BLUE Jello ah? Dun hav- I add blue colour to light green Jello, end up dark green jello leh.
309850.jpg

309869.jpg

I think I'd just do plain white frosting (not blue, which is so boyish), add layer of fruits and done. I buay-hiao write her name on it leh
sad.gif

"1-shaped" cake will be inflicted on my lunch guests (ie. HB's frens, hehehe), am still ordering "professional Blues Clues 3D" cake for tea guests (ie. Athena's frens), then maybe next wkend I experiment with "CASTLE cake" for dinner guests (ie. relatives, hmmm, very scary leh).

MT,
Erhhh...ur 'brownish-black' cake dun look very gd, but wif blue colouring, looks so much betta. Must applaud u for taking the effort leh...dun seem easy...

kelly,
Continue to jia you okie?

medusa

wow, you did it! hehe, prefer your early morning 1am cake which looks more "natural" to this morning's blue one :p

kelly

yay, gabe can call you liao! *applause applause* hope u get well soon!

Thanks ladies for encouragement, hehe.

Kelly, Fruitcake,
Eh I realised those DIY links is WAAAY too sweet- use jello, gummy sweets, liquorice, so much frosting, so much colouring, etc. Good for 5yr olds perhaps, but even me with super-sweet tooth am getting diabetes from it, yikes. Lady fingers biscuits too sweet too. On the other hand, I might have "sampled" too much frosting and biscuits and jello... hehehe.
I don't understand why they merrily suggest food colouring in everything- both HB and I have blue teeth now, not cute leh.

I'm going with sliced fruits covering and minimal frosting... more edible for most people.

<font color="ff0000">Disney Baby</font>
wahahaha. I damn blur, send out the sms liao then realized I didnt put Disney Baby how huh? Still counted not? Or should I ba-lek send again?

That curly hair boy looks like Rhyan meh? I dont think so leh, from all the photos of Rhyan posted here that I have seem, Rhyan is obviously cuter in fact, that curly hair boy resembles a bit like my granny leh :p

<font color="ff0000">Egg york</font>
Thank you mummies for the advice on preparation of egg york. How abt the egg whites? Can bb eat that??

<font color="ff0000">Gerber fruit puff </font>
How exactly does the fruit puffs look like? Can any mummies take a pic n post here for me to take a look? Plzzzzzzzz TIA

<font color="0000ff">Wendy</font>
aiyah since you can think of it this way, it proofs that you are not a lousy mum at all, glad u share it with us. I am not much better myself, seeing my MIL fed Anders porridge bot from downstairs kopitam, I oso dare not stop her as the kopitams porridge is pretty salty then there was once the porridge she cooked, had a very thin layer of oil on it
sad.gif
my MIL is a very loud and stubborn woman, beli hard to debate with her (even I am right!).
Same as some other MIL, tell her too salty, she say too plain no taste not nice to eat in my heart I was like my baby is the one eating, not you okie
But luckily she only cooks once for him on weekdays, after we fetch him home from the nannys.
My nanny is a Buddhist, so she will cook vegetarian porridge for him, and she told me the ingredients she uses are mostly organic. So to balance it off, I cook porridge with threadfins/dry scallop/spinach/mince pork/carrot/baccoli for him during weekends
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Yuru</font>
MaMaBaoBei - Is that a magazine that you are talking about? Very keen to take a look at it
happy.gif
Where can I get it??

<font color="0000ff">Angie</font>
Wau sie, your darling is so chubby!! Very bah bah leh **watch out for pcs, she has this thing abt bah bah bbs** kekek, and she looks so tan, agree with the other mummies, she got very beautiful eyebrows
happy.gif

Anders jus turn 10 mths old yesterday, the last time I weigh him was at his 9th mth 9.9kg, and oredi having difficult carry him around, some more he dont hold on to me when being carried, so add on pressure to my back.

<font color="0000ff">Kelly</font>
OMG! Your fall sounds serious hope your bruises are recoverable well. Lucky Gab is not hurt I experienced a similar incidents a few mths back. I was at the car park and Anders was in my arms, I didnt realize the puddle of water near the wash bay floor. So without warning, my right leg slip infront, and my left knee go straight down the floor (the bruise on the knee lasted more than a week). Same as Gab, Anders fell backward, and the back of his head hits the floor. Lucky enough, he wasnt hurt, but was frighten by the sudden fall and cried out loud. so ever since then, I dare not wear that pair of slippers when ever I have to carry Anders outside the house

<font color="0000ff">MT</font>
Your Athena very advance leh, can say so many words liao this is the main diff btwn SAHM and FTWM bbs learn faster when being taken care of by the mummies themselves. My boy is still at his baby language, ee ee ah ah, other than that he will be screaming like mad. But at least he knows how to say ma-ma kekeke. **happihappi**

The trial cake that you made, very nice leh. You are so clever.

<font color="0000ff">Puff</font>
oh no, running nose bbs tends to get crankly when they kenna running nose, coz cant breath normally if got problem getting the mucus out, try this suck it out with your mouth. Thats how my mum used to do for my nieces. I myself nvr try that tho kekeke

<font color="0000ff">Angelia</font>
wau, didnt know u oredi know how to drive back in our secondary school days!!
How is Shanice? Is she taking the FM well or still throwing out??

Sorry for being so chong-hei, but I have been spending sleepless nights trying to finish reading this long long thread so since finally done it, I must post post a bit loh

wishes all sick babies &amp; mummies to get well soon recently weather is getting cold at night , remember to put on warm clothing for bbs..
happy.gif

medusa,
again i applaud u for ur 1st trial. e cake looks gd (then again ur background looks very colorful, as if u scatter jelly beans all over). did u add bears &amp; mint at the bottom of e cake? looks very cute.
btw, u hv mail.

fruitcake,
u hv mail too.

COw,
yikes! anders also fell bcos u fell. how r u feeling now? not aching from e fall anymore ya? i also slipped onto something watery. husband said need 2 buy proper slippers for me since i need 2 pop over 2 e kopitiam quite often. i suggested e plc fruitcake suggested. husband said 2 pop by tis wkend.

sharon, pcs, skyblue, tbl, ac, fruitcake,
for 2wks+, i tot gabe's "mmmm ma" is a fluke. tis morn, when gabe woke up (i knew he woke up liao but i continued closing my eyes), he crawled 2 me, climbed onto me n went "mmmmm ma". *heart melted* i opened my eyes, greeted him back n he giggled away. wat a way 2 start my morn...
happy.gif

fruitcake,
tis is e transition potty i'm talking abt...not sure i name it correctly

309901.jpg
309902.jpg

i tried it on my toilet bowl. it dun sit on it snuggly, it does move a lil but i tik it shld do fine. i'll let gabe try on it 2mrw cos his poo poo is regular now...every morn when he eats his cereal, 1/2way thru he sure poo poo. damn troublesome cos i need 2 get him changed (if not he wont continue eating) then bring him back 2 eat again.

thank you mummies for the concern on yingxin
her fever has subsided after i gave her med and cold pack; this morning she woke up at 5am crying so loudly and inconsolably, dun want water, dun want me to carry....i applied some teething gel and thankfully she fell asleep again

littleprince
*clap* *clap* wah, u so "sian qi liang mu" learn baking and sewing; the newer generation all dun like to do such stuff now

yuru
yes, can use calamine lotion to ease the rashes and cetaphil or hazeline snow cream to smooth the skin

i can't use j&amp;j and kodomo products cos it "bites" my hands and fingers and would worsen my eczema

deniz
oh, that's great! since you ordering from yls catering, you call up ronnie neo and quote my name!!! not puff hor....heheh

tell him you are Mun Mun's fren and i supposed he will give you one extra dish FOC (but hor, i'm not too sure whether it applies for mini buffet though cos it's more for normal buffet)

skyblue
she has no teeth yet, so this will be the first time

medusa/faye/fruitcake
whahahah....eh, my darling also super duper lovely leh

jer
kiern so happy and that's a big birthday cake!! how many kg is that and can serve how many people ah?

he's so handsome in that bandana

kelly
u feelin betta now?? u must be very shocked from such a bad fall yah....

ever since after i gave birth, i dare not wear slippers and heels, only wear flat soles

domestic goddess
she refused to drink plain water no matter how i forced her...headache

pcs
porridge with fried fish and fried egg!! omg....so did keira eat them?

jen
thanks for posting up the pics....no lah, did not complain to them

i wrote in to feedback about the lighting problem for saturday's photoshoot as compared to friday's one....

cow
it's not yingxin who has running nose, it's sherhino's dotter
happy.gif

best to give egg white after 12 months but some books says to give after 9 months

i give hardboiled egg yolk and egg white since 7months

fruitcake,
i forgot 2 add tat e potty costs $10.50 at a kiddy store opp my plc. husband tried 2 bargain it to $10 but e auntie wont budge. i saw it in a dept store a few days ago, selling at $13.90.

309951.jpg
309952.jpg

309953.jpg
309954.jpg

gabe was initially a lil blur abt y i'm taking pics of him sitting on e toilet bowl. after some snapping, he got e hang of it &amp; started 2 make monkey faces. he sat comfortably on it for >3mins. husband came in &amp; talked 2 him, hence he was smiling away in e upper rt pic. e bottom rt pic is blur but i cant bear 2 delete it away.

kelly

yep, i also wanna get this kind of toilet trainer seat for luke! haven't read up on toilet training yet but i prefer this to the potty because then i don't have to clean the potty separately :p gabe looks good on his new seat! hey, this kind can stand up to pee or not? if add stepstool, do u think our boys will be tall enough?

309983.jpg

I tried the castle cake just now. Tastes quite acceptable :p (sponge cake mixture from Phoon Huat, Holland V- cheaper than cheapest instant cake mix in supermkt). Even MIL said very fragrant when I was baking it.

Experimented with piping- very tedious ah, I will have LESS piping than this, just basic outline to see the 3D towers effect. Must practice handwriting more, this very untidy. Little sleeping figurine only $0.50 at Phoon Huat! Will change blue piping to PINK, more girly.

And the ice-cream cone/ tower roof must put in just before presentation... or else too tall can't fit in box for transporting ah!

*very tired* (and fridge full of sweet cakes)

Medusa: Wow the cake looks really cool, esp if it's your first time! A for effort....but I wish I can bake something like that, so inspiring!

Lil prince: Hi, for Scrapbooking, I mean matting bb fotos and paste them on Scrapbook Wallpaper, journal your tots down and then design it with metal alphabets, brats, eyelets, ribbons, etc. Very beautiful keepsakes of bb. I've attached some samples for your viewing, if you really like we can experiment and do together.

Hi mummies, anyone interested in scrapbooking? we can do together, currently I scrapbook alone....not so fun lah!

309990.jpg

Dunno how those superwomen in the DIY links can make moat, drawbridge, so much detailing. I put just fresh cream layer already very tired liao.

medusa,
i "kow-tow" 2 u...how did u manage 2 do e top part of e castle? e uneven portion (dunno wat it's called?). how big is ur castle (the base area)? fresh cream is whipping cream? :p
if u really using e ice cones, do u 1 2 add flags at the end of e cone? looks even prettier tis way.

Medusa, I am speechless at your efforts and determination to bake Athena's first cake. Gosh! you have my complete and full admiration!! Go gal!

Now I am really inspired to try and bake a cake myself for Marcus's coming party. That being said, I even find the first "number 1" cake intimidating, so don't know where to start. Hopefully Marcus won't mind a round sponge cake with no colouring nor topping. heeheee

medusa
y did ur frien says it sucks? how can she? i tik it's an excellent job. even i cant do something like tis...wait til my husband sees ur effort, i'm sure his jaw will drop. i tik tis is even betta than our GF's son's bday cake (in term of presentation lah, i dunno abt taste yet).

309996.jpg

Kelly, just stack layers on.
happy.gif
I using handheld motor cake whisk, very arm suan liao... I think must bake cake 1 wk in advance, freeze, then slowly decorate or else I will panda-eye (or the cake comes out this ugly).
It's not big but the cones very tall leh. Wahliao if do "moat", the footprint will be very big.
*me go koon now*

- the fren is a HE lah.
sad.gif

medusa,
ignore ur frien...he dunno how 2 appreciate ur effort. ur cake is FANTASTIC...*3 cheers 2 medusa, hip hip hurray*. i still 1 2 kow-tow 2 u.

angie, puff,
thks for ur concern...i'm much betta. went 2 fix up my ankle last nite. saw e chinese doc for my cough too...my voice is coming back but cough still quite bad. i tik i never restrict myself on e food. :p

kelly: good to hear you're better. Alot of people got bad throat, think it's the haze lah! rest rest and drink water. Good night!

COW: Yah, ash very bah bah! I always bite her, so gerum....then she started crying and I kenna fr MIL...hee. Think she got her tan from swimming, din use sunblock, too lazy.

mt
mus really applause even i am busy! the castle cake looks sooooo nice!!!!! tena mus be very
proud of u! and i was tiking, to make the cake / castle to look as a whole, maybe can cream the cones?

medusa: I really dont know what to say, never see a mummy baking cakes for their little ones nowadays...since cakes are available everywhere...but REALLY cant compare with the hard work, effort, love, time &amp; determination that you had put in for your gal...REALLY ...wow, i am speechless..*you gal is really very lucky*

Angie, is that your scrapbook? *thumb-up*
I am reading into this web http://scrapbooking.com/ BUT have not tried for my gal pic...just doing normal artwork for her photos....

*All ma ma here seems so amazing*

EAR INFECTION AGAIN- Faye started running a fever on Friday evening, I fed meds and went down to PD on Saturday morning (was worried that its dengue cause no other symptoms, didnt wanna risk) and found out she has a mild ear infection AGAIN! Very luckily we went down cause it was just the beginning signs, still dun need oral meds, only given ear drops. If wait somemore might lead to other nose/throatproblems. PD suspects food allergy cause its recurrent, thinks it could be lactose intolerance!! *faints* Gave me a sample tin of isomil soy FM, was told to test it out and see if she gets better. Sigh, I hope if she is really lactose intolerant, its only a MILD case, if not veri cham/inconvenient, cause lotsa food contains milk products. *keeps fingers crossed*

MT, wah you did it!!!!
bounce.gif
OMG your cake is magnificant ah! My hubby and I both really beri impressed!
biggrin.gif

You gonna make the number cake too? or just stick to castle cake?

Angie, thanks for sharing your scrapbook page, its lovely!
happy.gif

Berry,
oh dear, really hope it's not major lactose intolerance!
Yeah, doing both. :p Will do advance detailing eg. frosting decorating on the bear biscuits, castle door, windows, moat, turret roof (the cones lor)... freeze these 1st!

I still need to find BLUE JELLO (moat!), anyone see can tell me? TIA! :D

Angie,
ur scrapbook's lovely! I'm not into it cos I have no physical space- I dun even print out her photos since 1st mth. I really have nowhere to store many photo albums. I read somewhere u can even do a Birthday scrap book- ie. add onto book every yr specifically for the b'days.

berry
oh dear, so pd suspect its food allergy? one of my fren bb constantly kena ear infection. suspect allergy and alot of other reasons then who knows till the end, the cause is actually milk flow back to the ear while her bb drink!! and lately quite a no. of kids kena D.F......i always have a bottle of repellent with me (in my bag), in hubbys car too.... abit kiasu but D.F is too scary. hope she really get well soon.

Hey angie,
i'm just starting to pick up scrapping and looking for kakis to organize crop sessions leh. but i'm very new to all these and haven't start buying materials yet. just a few paper stock and glue tat's all. the one you did was nice!! you let her chew on the alphabets ah? hehe..

Hi Mummies,
I am back!

JR says THANK YOU to all aunties who have voted for him-A1 in Disney Baby and wishes him happy birthday! Yes, He is one year old now... and He is still enjoying mummy's milk and will continue till dun know when... :p

Btw, JR met his fren Rhyan this morning at a Baby Show... both got prizes!

Rhyan was one of the few oldest babies in Cat A
and JR was the youngest in Cat B...

310060.jpg

MT,
You are very creative indeed!
I was so guilty not being able to be with JR on his actual birthdate and we got 5 cakes in the month of Aug this time!

little devil, thank goodness your friend's bb is not due to lactose intolerance. My PD originally suspected drinking position too, but faye has been drinking milk sitting up, so cant be that lor.

junior, wah congrats!
happy.gif

(er... no offense but you got ask permission to post up pics of Rhyan and his mummy or not? :p)

MT, how about getting clear colourless jello, and then using a wee bit of food colouring? If you use clear jello you wont need more than a few drops I think?

little prince
first of all... me so pai seh, didnt even know rhyan is in the competition...... *knock my head hard hard* and so happy tat rhyan got the prize!!!

berry
oh, so its definitely not drinking positon liao. i also hope tat faye is not L.I as like wat u said, it will be quite inconvenient.... but faye has been drinking milk *non soy type* since birth after u stop breast feeding and no problem rite, so theres possibility tat bb will become L.I after some time? when quinn always do the PUKING sound las time which i told u abt it, i also SUSPECT hes L.I... and ur pd says it could even be food allergy, how to find out wat shes allergy to,now tat our bb start eating so many type of food.....

little devil, there are times when a baby would simply develope LI even though they've been fine on cows milk(FM) for a while. Cows milk is one of the most common allergen/reason for causing recurring ear infections, she is just speculating for now. There's no foolproof way to find out for sure unless we test by switching over to soy, and then observe and see how it goes from there.
Hmm... I dont think the puking sound quinn makes is due to LI cause the symptoms are usually rashes/diarrhoea/recurrent ear infection or real vomiting. Still best to check with PD.

"Hello! You all remember me? I'm Faye!!"
310073.jpg

"that day mummy brought me to go play on kiddy rides and I was so happy!"
310074.jpg

"Then Mummy say cannot play, must go home to sleep liao!"
310075.jpg

"Never mind, I wont sleep! I go home liao still can continue playng!!"
310076.jpg

310077.jpg

berry
yah, after checking with pd, confirmed tat the puking sound is not L.I. actually i also tik its not, jus tat his puking sound is driving me crazy.imagine whenever he did tat in public, everyone jus stared at him!!!! and i keep searching for the cause though pd already confirmed tat hes ok...... so now i really tat he did tat to GET wat he wants! piaz! but lately, quinn seems to stop doing tat, not totally lah but not as often. and now i even know the reason why he dun eat his food after so many months of me trying to find out.

berry
its all about TIMING!!!! after tat day i tried to feed him and as usual, 2-3 mouths then not interested liao. i cook again, hope tat he will eat it as dinner but again, not successful...
sad.gif

so i told hubby tat why not we bring his food out and feed him outside and see how, end up we went to east coast mc donald and i still rem tats was like 9pm. and i start feeding him at abt 9.10pm, within 15mins, FINISHED!!!! then was telling hubby it could be the timing, meaning the las milk feed and the solid meal. i started counting the hours and the next day i feed him accordingly to the timing (interval abt 4 hrs) and quinn ate!! been doing tat for 4 days liao and so far so good. he will even request to snack after his meal.

berry
yah man!! hope tis will go on. but i was tiking, if he eats his solid, then wat abt his milk intake? dun know wat is consider acceptable? its really impossible tat their milk intake will still remain as much as the solid meal will replace tat particular milk feed.

lil devil, depends on your own comfort level, as well as how nutritious his meals are, and the variety of food he is taking. If he eats very well and takes a large variety of nutritious food (diff types of grains, veggies, fruits, meats etc), and you personally feel comfortable to drop his milk feeds then why not- afterall he is gonna turn 1 yr old real soon. A couple of books I read recommend that babies going 1 have at least 2-3 bottles of milk a day (as for how much milk in each bottle is subjective to how much he can take as a full feed).

berry
oh okie, so i guess hes still on the safe side. if i give him 1 solid meal, lets say consist of brown rice, meat, vege..... he will take abt 3 - 4 times of milk each abt 210m.

HFM. D
oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my nephew got it!!

My cake is edible! :p I ate too much so find it too sweet, HB finds it ok, MIL finds it ok (but too dense- can't make fluffy leh scared collapse), FIL finds not sweet at all.
Dun care liao, it's instant cake mix what. LOL! :D

Back