(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

happy.gif

Can some English enducators here please help me out with this :

Which is the plural form of the word 'dwarf' that is accepted by MOE?

Dwarfs or dwarves ?

I know both are used in storybooks but I want to teach the one accepted by MOE to avoid confusion...hahahah

Hmm...
Personally i think formula taste horrible. Some how instant milk powder taste alot better. Maybe that's why i do not have problems getting the kids off the bottle. Chloe refuse to drink hers when we tried her once on formula from a cup but no problem when she is back with Fernleaf. My kids can take any brand of instant milk powder, Dumex, Nespray, Fernleaf.

AS for pickiness, my kids are too. But we leave it to them. They can either choose to eat or leave it but thye know very well that if they do not eat, there won't be any snacks or milk later if they r hungry. I think it also makes a differences that the kids eat the exact same thing as us adults. They eat brown rice, we adults also eat the same stuff. Ashley sometimes ask for spicy stuff too. We will warn her 1st, if she still wants it, we allow her to have it. I do realise snacks b4 meal or in between meals do affect their appetite very much. Both tods are in CC, they only get to eat 1 dish meal every day n amount controlled. When they r home, they devoured they dinner like vultures.

B2
I tried cooking brown rice. Nat ate, din say anything. then after a few days, she say "how come it is this rice again!!!" hahahahah....

Mon2Nat,
Hee, hee.. i know what u mean. Ashley loves variety. So she likes her dinner to be like this, Monday - hotdog bun + salad + soup, tue - fish soup + rice, wed - fishball noodles, thu- baked pasta , fri - roti prata. Chloe is Macs, chicken rice, macs, chicken rice, macs, chicken rice n more macs.... So when we are out for dinner, the 2 tod nvr can agree on the same food.

haiz~ no answers? hahaha, think i'm gonna hv prob guiding their English as well.

B2,
heheheh... my kids also eat from the adult dishes. Jem prefers pork n now he will make request for his sweet n sour pork, stir fried minced pork etc or make comments like, this one not very nice. Jay will straight away reject food he dun wan to eat now n his preference are fish n chix. So to make all to eat, i gotta sneak into veg/soup etc to make sure all eat complete meals.

But its a phase lah.. cos i remembered Jem in the same phase but later on open up to a whole lot more of variety. Now i grit my teeth n bear w it..hahahah.

Mom2nat,
ouch!! hahahha

bboomer
I melt under the sun
rofl.gif

Giggler
Chen Chen weaned off fm bottle at 21mth Started 2 take choc flavor packet milk few mths back
Can give Vane cheese, yoghurt, holicks, tofu, soya bean drink for calcium
Png Png weaned off fm bottle last mth He only latches on. I m worried of him as he is allergic to cow's milk so no dairy products.

Brenda
I hv the same prob as u "The elder one starts to have lotsa opinions on the food he wants and the younger one is in the picky stage"
So, wat's the plural form of the word 'dwarf' that is accepted by MOE?

Pigletz
Gareth panic over stk of fm
crazy.gif

Leng Leng
U r v innovative

B2B3M4
"Both tods are in CC, they only get to eat 1 dish meal every day n amount controlled. When they r home, they devoured they dinner like vultures"
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

My mum said shld bring Chen Chen to India for holiday to let him c how it is when ppl dun hv food to eat

Lamp- thx for replies, got the 3M as recommended!
happy.gif

Mom2nat,
LOL on the pic!

Giggler,
my #2 went off his FM when weaned off bottle so we gave fresh milk instead, which he's willing to still drink from a cup.

hiyee, Koala n PVL

ahhaha... PVL, think u like me... read too much storybooks.

Tutors who goes by grammar books will say it is Dwarfs

People who reads too much fiction will say it is Dwarves

Teachers say both are accepted...hahhahah

PVL,
you are still homeschooling right? cool sia! cos i'm not doing too well even just by being informative.

hahaha, till now i still can't decide whether to say "handsomer" or "more handsome"

And have to keep constantly remind myself that Pluto is no longer a planet, just a pet dog of Mickey Mouse.

haiz~ so much changes!!

Hi,
Been a while... wow, messages coming in quite fast n furious...
happy.gif

Giggler,
My son drinks formula as if it were poison. So I've switched him to UHT milk, and supplement with fish oil capsules for DHA.

Brenda,
If in doubt, you can refer to the Longman Contemporary Dictionary. Both forms are ok. MOE has to accept whatever is standard British English.

Mom2nat,
I mix like 1/3 of brown rice to our white rice coz we find it quite hard to get used to the taste.

bboomer,
R they back to Longman again? My cousins were told to get Oxford 2 years back.

hmmm what brand of brown rice do you get? We tried several and realised that there's this organic elephant brand that's easiest to accept. But I went to read up on it.. it's becos it is "almost" polished already thus not as hard. So at times, my boys can eat fully on it without mixing w white ones.

HELLLOOO EVERYONE!!?!?!?
Where's the rest?? Why so quiet??

Come in and chat abit leh.. relax before weekend?

Let's talk about NUMBER FOUR !!

brenda,
Number 4??
Ok... Number 1 is the 30+ one. Most troublesome with the most complains.
Number 2 is Ashley.
Number 3 is Chloe.
Number 4 is Stacey who is 10 mths old now. Just recovered from rota virus infection. Now nursing a red baboon buttock. She is in infant care.

BTW, how's everyone preparing for pri 1 registration next year?

B2,
Did you know we once saw u at Dhoby Ghaut near the place where they sell aquarium fishes? heheheh, think it was Stacey in the pram. I couldn't recall your names etc, but Mark was very sure that's Ashley he saw...wahahahha

Ay... i agree with you that No. 1 is the most troublesome one as well... hahahhaha

Poor Stacey, must have had a hard time... hopes the teacher handles her buttock with better care.

Pri 1 preparation is scary.. Jem is happily going thru it but not me leh..hahahha

Giggler,
ash stop drking milk at abt 2yrs old. he was allergy to cow's milk n af we stop milk, he became 'much healthier'. less cough, less puke, less ezcema, less phelgm problem. i was initially v wori abt his calcium intake but pd said as long as he takes balance and regular meals, he does not need milk. there is no worries.
cherelle was easy, she was nvr on milk bottle. she has been drking fr cup since abt 1 yr old. i m still trying to wean her off bfg but she does take 1 or 2 cups of goat milk fr cup each day.

B2,
din prepare for P1 reg. most likely send ash to d pri sch which i was fr. is ashley still learning gymnastics? can tell me more abt it..

brenda,
i like the thai organic brown rice. cant remb d brand but find tat thai rice is more fragrant. ash is d least picky in d whole family. as for me n cher, we both ar vege eaters. daddy is d harder to please one, hahaha.

brenda,
Don't stress. What is your worry about P1 preparation? Wasn't it you who had done so much teaching for your Jem when he was younger?

I also have 4, like B2. Hehehe. My oldest one is the messiest and the least obedient. But at least he does help me with some chores.
happy.gif

Actually there is such a word as 'handsomer', but it sounds very awkward. I always prefer to use 'more handsome'.

Pluto has be reinstated as a planet, but only as a 'dwarf planet'.

gacc,
Ash and Sarah are doing Gym at the same club - Prime. Your Ashrel interested? I can do a referral for you
happy.gif
. At 5, he will probably join the 'Beginners' group. You can check out their website for more info. Sarah trains 4 hours a week in the 'micro girls' group.

B2,
hahaha... oh yah, my P1 registration also settled. Jem's going to his daddy's school.

sanrio,
girls are generally easier to feed hor.. lovely to be vegetables lovers. All the guys in my family have problems with vegetables *faintz* End up, I have to give up on some of my favourites like okra, long beans, capsicum etc.

PVL,
Actually Jem is pretty prepared to go for P1 already lah.. be it routines, taking care of his belongings or studies etc. Just that I don't teach academically but informatively. So like teaching General Paper from young. But as I go... I came to feel that there's really differences in what we used to know and now. So end up, I'm reading to share more with him lor. He enjoy it of course, cos he's not the one reading the bulk of it...wahahahhaha

So solar system now have how many planets?

I went to get a book on Grammar from Popular to refresh and make sure that I correct Jem in the right way alas later confuse him when the K1 teacher started on it. That's where you will see the words like "handsomer" appear. And yes! It sounds so weird and so unlike fiction books. If I had not see it, I will definitely be teaching him "more handsome". But fact is... it will be the teachers who mark his papers next time...hahahhaha.

Ay! I also have no. 4. hahhaha... And he is the least picky, most obedient one! hahahah

Hi Hong,
Hey thanks for your mssg. I actually replied to it but somehow it did get thru... Anyway, was my hubby, blur. Forgot to close door after my son! I was also shocked when i went to pick up the car! Funnee, the sch did not call me...

Hi Brenda,
Mentioned Longman coz that was the recommended dictionary when I was doing Language at NUS. ;P But Oxford shud b fine. The bottomline is that we follow British Standard English.

As for brown rice, I buy the NTUC brand haha!

Teacher's Day coming up. Any ideas for presents?
happy.gif

PVL
Nat takes gym in sch, her teacher told me to go outside gym like Prime gym if I wan her to be more advance. But ley chey lah! HOho...
Wah, Sarah's training so intensive, must be pro liao.
happy.gif

Mon2nat and gacc,
Come and join us lah!!!! If Nat n Ashrel were to join now, i'm not sure if they can join the intermediate now. Think will be more more for beginners. But if they pick up fast, can be promoted to intermediate in around 6mths. But distance wise, not sure if it is convenient.

Gacc,
So ashrel going back to ala mater. U planning to move??? Otherwise, the distance is scary. U know Prime Gym is just right next to ur pri school, right?

Brenda,
U have a number 4 too???? Pet hamster ah???
Ya, we are at Plaza Singapura that time. Wa, MArk can recognise Ashley. Me ultra blur one. Familiar people stand right in front of me i oso dun realise.

I didn;t prepare ashley for pri one. I just let her be. But it is her pre-school that got me worried. Ashley actually jumped from bed y'day night bcos she realise she haven't finished her homework n the teachers have gave her a warning that she will be punished if she dun get it done!!!! Wa, K2 already so stressful.
ANd she can actually identify the national flower and when we attended one of the National Observance Day, AShley happily pointed n screamed, "the Prime Monster!"
I was telling hubby, luckily we were quite far behind, otherwise we could have been become non residents on the spot.

B2,

Where is Prime Gym?

Ashley already in K2???

I agree that Kindergarden is stressful enough for me. Homework is one thing, but seems like the teachers are trying to teach the kids to remember their additional homework without listing them down. Yesterday night, just before bed time, Gareth told us need to find food from newspaper to bring to school. He say he forget about it and suddenly remember. We have to dig out all newspaper and start searching for fish, chicken and vegetable. haha

Bbloomer,
U meant the door was still opened when u picked up the car? I informed the teacher abt it, the chinese teacher actually called your hubby. I would have thot they will closed the door for u. I dun dare cos I thot the door was opened for some purposed. My hubby asked me to call u then I realised I didnt have ur number in my mobile.

Nothing was lost right.

bboomer,
We tried the brown rice and the 3 mixed rice from NTUC.. all my boys refuse it
sad.gif
Think it is still too tough despited soaking for an hour before cooking.

Getting flowers for T's day.

B2,
Pet Dog lah.. if count in hamsters etc dun noe no. what already...hahahha

hahah... yah, me too.. most of the time i can't remember who is who.. just know that look familiar..

yah.. understand. Jem will nag and nag if i keep telling him do homework later as well.. think they really wan to please their teachers as well. But okay lah, i quite like the way they make the kids do their work auto without parents' help.. hahahha, i hope it will stay with them throughout till all the way.

Pigletz,
same for me leh!! i forgot and end up sacrificing my recipe books!

for Jem i notice one thing.. the moment he sees me, he will ramble on what the teacher told him to do. After that, he will auto erase off his memory.. hahhah. till we go thru his bag again, then he will like checklist go thru what is supposed to be in the bag.

ay.. soccer still not enuf exercise for Gareth meh? Jem over the weekend keep bugging us to go cycle and play soccer.

brenda,
There was once Gareth come back and keep on looking at newspaper for National day picture and say must bring to school. Initially, I don't really believe him, but let him bring to school. He come back and say Teacher very happy with him cos some of his classmate didn't bring. From then on, when he say need to do something else in school, i will trust him and help him.

Nowadays school really work differently hor.

Gym is for Gavin, cos Gavin too young, cannot go soccer yet. So i tot of letting him go Gym.

B2
Aiyo, still join ah, my hb already to faint liao. Nat has been taking gym in sch since the beginning of the year. But I was thinking wait till she go Pri 1 then see if she wants to do ballet or gym in sch.

Because of my 6 yrs old son, I have personally spending times exploring 3G Abacus & Traditional Abacus.

After completing the 3G ABACUS instructor course, I have applied the methods to teach my son. It is very simple & easy to understand. As such, he has shown more interest in mathematics than before.

I am planning to let him take part in the INTERNATIONAL Grading Exam this coming DEC 09. If possible, I will let him take part in year 2009 competition.

Currently, I am teaching kids & parents the 3G Abacus.
If you are interested in 3G ABACUS, please email me.

PV, B2,
yes we are keen to send ash to prime gym. lessons are on wkends? hows d fees like? i din see it in their website. hopefully i can guide him a bit. i was a gymnast.
PV,
tks
happy.gif
how to do a referral? got discount with referral :p

B2,
still thinking of his P1. next yr see how.. ya distance is a major consideration..

gacc,
for chloe's 1 hour class, it is $350 and ashley's 2 hour class is $500 fro 10 weeks. For Ashrel who just joined, think they will put him in the 1 hour 1st. They will check with parents if they think Ashrel is suitable for competitive training, then he will usually be in a 2 hour class. Sarah (PV's dd) attends twice weekly 2 hr class, think the fees will be different again. As i am working, i can only afford to send ashley for class once a week.
Think referral no discount lah.. think get free T-shirt ba...

Primary school, u must consider properly. It will be for 6 years, not to mention there will be ECAs and remedial classes. Just to share, my colleague put her dd in RGPS and they stay in Yio Chu Kang. For am session, when they take the school bus, they need to be on the bus by 5am!!!! I think that is NUTS!!! Now the hubby sent them to school b4 heading for NUH.

gacc,
Sarah is doing 4 hours a week, the fees for 12 weeks term 4 was $750. It works out to $15+ per hour. Fees just went up this coming term cos the gym needs to raise funds to replace the special sprung flooring on both levels, which is beyond repair.

I don't mind referring you if you want. I'll check it out today OK? But you may have missed the early bird fees already, so it may e more than $350.

B2,
Yup it's expensive, I'm wondering what would happen if all my 3 are good at gym and have to go for more intensive training. All my hb's income will be spent on gym!! I think must find my boys a cheaper alternative. At present, Ben is not in gym yet. Will wait til next year, when he turns 3.

Brenda
"And have to keep constantly remind myself that Pluto is no longer a planet, just a pet dog of Mickey Mouse."
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
I almost fell off my chair

B2B3M4
I din prepare anything for P1 registration next yr. Juz wait for cc to inform when to register then go register wif my alma mater. My alma mater is in Tampines. My worry comes when Chen Chen wanna stay at our own plc while Png Png still in Pr school. Travelling fm Sengkang to Tampines not dat convenient. No prob fm Pasir Ris to Tampines

gacc
Png Png is allergic to cow's milk. He is a fussy eater somemore. Big headache. Everytime I buy cereal for him has to read the ingredients v carefully. He is super allgergic to cow's milk, touch only w/o consuming will oso flare up. Can Ash take bread? Png Png can't take bread as bread contains skimmed milk. Do u give Ash food dat contains butter? I dare not try butter on Png Png. Because of him, I can't bake. Ironically because of him, I started baking
Png Png has ezcema
sad.gif
It comes when the weather is hot He sweats easily. We bathe him thrice daily yet he is sticky fm sweat

Ruffy
Oh u r back to teaching. Thot u doing e business at home

Brenda, Pigletz
So gd dat your boys do school work on their own n concerned of their school work. I hv to worry for Chen Chen. Every wk day take my dinner n coach him in school work simultaneously Otherwise he will b a couch potato. He never tell me wat he has to bring to school. Once I din read newsletter fm school n din put family photo in his bag. Teacher wrote in his craft can't complete coz no photo. Sigh...............

Leng Leng
Thot Pedisure is formula milk? Anyway Png Png is on tbf besides solid food. It's the solid food choice dat I m worried of.
At 1st din know he is allergic to cow's milk, gave him cheese, flare up. Gave him bread oso flare up. Gave him corn flake but dunno y flare up.

Is it possible that Png Png is allergic to wheat too?
BTW all these formulas like Pediasure, Promil etc do not contain cow's milk. They r actually chemicals put together to be as similar to BM as possible.

Back