(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

Ruffy, you really give hard cash? Vane not really interested in money leh.

A's dad, maybe I shd try to ask her to be my piano teacher. Stimes Vane just dun want to practise. Sigh...

Mom2Nat/Hong, luckily for me Vane is better now leh. (touching wood). Guess what my mom said is rite, she seeking attention when I preg so it helps that I at home full day to give her more attention. Then I keep brainwash her during bed time. Keep telling the correct things to do every nite, then praise her or give her a nod when she did the correct thing. It helps...

A's Daddy,
roy still sick- stomach flu.. was vomitting a lot the past few days.. today slightly better..hopefully he gets better by monday coz his schedule playdates for next week starts on tuesday.

Pigletz,
Ryan needs $400 to buy a 2 way ticket to HK. He wants to go to HK Disneyland again .

Giggler,
Yes I give real hard cash. If he does consider to use it for other functions/things he want he is free to do so..but no extra $$ will go to his holiday funds.

Ruffy, woah! Real money? Ethan's motivation is his disney cars magazine. If he is good, then we will let him have the new edition magazine. hmmm... cheaper definitely! ehehee...

A's Daddy,
sure.. will try to give him more water .
happy.gif

Emily,
yeah.. lucky Ethan's motivation is cheaper
happy.gif
Btw we have temporarily suspended his $$ rewards scheme as he can now do the chores/tasks without needing the rewards(which is the ultimate aim)

Ruffy, wow.. lucky abt the suspension of the scheme. Can't imagine him getting so many trips to HK etc and can't use it up coz of time constraint and work committments on your part. :p Yes, ultimately we want our kids to do chores w/o rewards. That's great on your part! Lucky for you... coz sometimes it might be the reverse & the kid won't work w/o rewards.

Emily,
Like all redemption scheme..there is a use by date for his claims keke
happy.gif
Also chance to convert to other rewards if he does so wish to later on. We can go to HK- during the school holidays.. the max twice a year
happy.gif

mom2nat,
I've recently implemented a 'chart' system for Sarah's behaviour.
NO external motivation
happy.gif
. Just lots of approval for right behaviour.
I sat down with her and discussed some 'Areas of Concern' (Yeah, very teacher-like). We focussed on 2 main areas - Dwadling and Speech. Then I applied it to 3 major activities of her day - Bathtime, Mealtime and Schooltime. I then listed some desirable behaviours on one side of the chart with lots of columns for recording, and some of her bad habits on the other side. I did not promise her any rewards. She is aware that her bad habits are causing a lot of unhapiness in the home, so she was very receptive to the correction. For the past 3 days since I implemented the system, she has really tried very very hard, and the mood at home has improved tremendously. And I haven't even typed out the charts properly yet
happy.gif

Mom2Nat, think we are meeting up ba but haven cfm if it's 4th or 5th Apr.

PVL, wow... your charts are so effective. Can show us the charts? I'm doing similar thing as you but I didnt make it so official to have chart. I just tell Vane verbally.

PVL
Wah, you v detailed and patient hor. I tried star chart b4, worked for a while. Very tedious oso lor. She did get better then. But slowly slack...
She is better this week liao... why? Cos I "sacked" my mil. Nat has been v rude, shouting and doing nasty things behind my back, to mil. And mil, wan to be the nice fella, din tell us abt it lor. My hb and I try to be more patient with her, like Giggler, I try to say nicer things. Parenting is tough, it is an art. Doesn't come as easy and naturally. Dunno who our Ah Mahs do it last time.

Mom2nat,
Yeah, it's often how we react to the child too. I find my hb too short tempered with Sarah, so she also always throws tantrums with him.
I feel that bad behaviour has become a habit for Sarah, esp in certain situations. So I made the charts to try to encourage the correct behaviour and to highlight her bad habits. Hopefully, good behaviour will become a habit for her after a while. Of course there will be times when she might falter, but then don't all of us also fail at times
happy.gif
?

giggler,
I tried to attach the charts here, but file too big
happy.gif

Mom2Nat, Giggler, Pigletz, Emily, Ruffy, A’s Dad
Thanks so much for your compliments on the cakes
happy.gif

No cakes from me to show but will show the creations from mummies who have attended my 1st cupcakes decoration class over the weekend. Really have so much fun with them.

Mom2Nat,
Good that Nat getting better. Is true, really need lots of patience when handling them.

Pigletz,
Thanks so much for delivering the stuff to me.
Junior G’s eye getting better?

Leng Leng,
Yah, that day was a super hot day. We were there from 3pm onward.
Heard, they do have kite flying every weekend but we can’t find the time to pop by yet.

Ruffybear,
Thanks for the update on the schools.
Hmm all 3 got to ballot, not easy.

Giggler,
So fast you have think about Stephen’s 1st birthday liao hee hee.
Got to see if it clashes with Chinese New Year again, your boys’ birthday quite closed hor.
Really got to catch up cos everyone will request for customization cakes.

A’s Dad,
Well, can get your wife to join me in my next class.

See some of the mummies’ creations
happy.gif

2274726.jpg
2274727.jpg

2274728.jpg
2274729.jpg

GG
Wah, next time you conduct class, tell me leh, I oso dunno learn! For the adults or kids?

A's daddy
You gg US anytime soon? Cos I was thinking of ordering from amazon. Hee...

GG, never jio me for your deco class.
sad.gif
Wow, the cupcakes all look very nice leh. Hehehe... so Hazey one of your students? How's she recently? Seems like she's busier now that she's SAHM.

GG, never jio me for your deco class.
sad.gif
Wow, the cupcakes all look very nice leh. Hehehe... so Hazey one of your students? How's she recently? Seems like she's busier now that she's SAHM.

Pigletz, let me know when you free to meet me.
happy.gif

GG,
My wife asked me "must pay for the class?"..hahaha...
Nice cupcakes!

Mom2nat,
No plan for travelling long haul at the moment. This year under cost control, especially on travels. What do you need? Some of my US colleage may be coming, so I can see if I can ask them for help
happy.gif

RE: gathering
On??? where? when?

GG,

can i ask what is a "DS" har? ur cakes n cupcakes creations are super nice!!!!! u a SAHM?

Giggler,

i stop yamaha cos jo-van just dun like it....he didnt practice at home and i also no patience to sit down to teach him....i tot maybe when he is older n feel like learning, then we continue lo...
btw, jo-van in JCC now, but in pm session. there was once i saw vane...in am session rt?

Mom2nat
Do u bring Elliot for enrichment class?
Png Png oso picky eater. Since last Mon, he din want solid food except bread. He HATES porridge. So far my mum gave him porridge thrice, he turned his head away all the time
My blog add http://foreverpreciousprinces.blogspot.com/
Chen Chen same bad behavior as Nat. eg he wants to scoop his own med, my mum scoop for him, he angry din wanna eat say throw the med away. Sigh.....

Alicia's daddy
Chen Chen more picky wif food since my mum gave him outside food. sigh.....
U going HK to celebrate Alicia's b'dy?

Sanrio
Think both our hubby had a gd chat @ Alicia's daddy's plc. If I go gathering, so ask my hubby to go along. He is driver cum childcare taker
kao_sticktongue.gif

Aye u dun eat or snack how to put on wt

Leng Leng
My MIL n yours sama sama. My MIL said she is not old fashion type Dun need to call everybody b4 eating.
Your children v gd wt leh. Both my boys feather wt

Hong
Perhaps when your 2 kids grow up u can hv another one
U like bb so much work in infant care
Chen Chen doesn't complain abt school. My prob wif him is homework, watching TV n play cellphone game. I dun let him play computer game. Otherwise another headache
I like dat "my patience is just as small as an orange and will shrink to just a pea if kids give me alot of nonesense. "

Emily
Aiyo, I m not saying Barbie mummy is your dream. Perhaps u r sweet n pretty like Barbie dolls in Ethan's eyes

GG
Initially when I received letter fm Chen Chen' s cc on the weekly homework, I wz thinking CRAZY !! As it goes along, I c the results of wat the childcare trying to archieve. I feel dat it's earlier or later dat Chen Chen has to do homework. I dun mind to start him now when there is only Eng n Chinese subjects
Wei wei wei, never jio me for your cupcake deco class huh

Pvl
I do smth like your chart sys wif Chen Chen I use mgt diary to do it List out desirable behaviors n let him add on We oso add on as n when. It really improves his behavior but when he ke siao still back to his evil self

Ruffy
Wat is 5R-2010 project?
U so lucky posted to school near your plc
Great dat Ryan can now do the chores/tasks without needing the rewards

Mom2nat, Hong
Nowadays, I ctrl myself not to shout n talk to Chen Chen nicely but he is the one who refuse to listen to me n got so frustrated n even beat me (wice). Last Thu he wz so fed up dat bang his chair on the flr. I got so fed up n carried him up asked if he want me to throw him dwn fm the window. He then screamed n cried n said dun want.

Koala
5R -2010 = Adding another R to my family in 2010
happy.gif
understand now keke?? :p
You boys look so cute esp png png so chubby looking in the blog.

Koala
Wah, Chen chen grown up liao, So handsome in the suit! Hoho...
Png png looks rounder oso. The last time I saw him, he was still v young!
Aiyo, I can't take such behaviours leh, like whining, want her way, we want in front first she will throw up a fight! I can feel my blood boil. Hahaha... you threaten to throw him out of the window ah, I say throw out of the house!!!
I wonder if my neighbours got hear these until sian or not! hahahahhaah....

So no gathering?

Koala, wow... chen chen is so handsome now!
happy.gif
I got no strength to carry Vane and threaten to throw her out of the window.

Mom2Nat, my n'bours can def hear my shouting. That day, the auntie just told Vane and Sher to be good so that mummy wont scold. Hahaha... really no image liao.

Guess there's no gathering this weekend.

Koala,
wah my postings were way back and u still reply to me.

Dun think I have another one. I really cannot cope. At least Janelle is telling me what is happen in school so i can help teacher to understand my ger and also teach my ger along the way.

Homework - She likes doing homework but not writing cos i keep correcting her, especially on the chinese handwriting portion. After she finished she told me "mummy i want to do more". I want to faint... I think I am the one who cannot take it.

Janelle also play electronic games. From PC to my hp to Nintendo and her shu shu got her a DS lite for her 5th bday but we restrict her time with the gadget. Luckily she is not very addicted to it. There are time she totally forgotten abt her DS Lite.

Leng Leng
As kids grow older they tend to loose wt Were your elder ones chubby when young?

Ruffy
Initially I guess 5R - 2010 is your plan for another bb but think think where do u get 5R Now I c the pic 5R includes u n your hubby

Ruffy, Mom2nat, Giggler
thx for your compliments on my boys

mom2nat
I can't stand the evil behavior of our elder child
Your ah boy's face v meaty He look different no more bb look
Your ah girl grow up liao. Pretty. Her eyes machiam apply eyes shadow

Mom2nat, Giggler
My hubby sent Chen Chen out of the hse n locked the gate @ least thrice It shattered my heart everytime he did tis to Chen Chen Chen Chen screamed n jumped n kicked in fear Once Chen Chen wz struggling n trying to push the gate. For dat instance I screamed @ my hubby for fear the gate might close on Chen Chen's fingers On the other hand, I try not to interfere the way my hubby discipline Chen Chen v kang kor @ least I juz carry Chen Chen up n threaten to throw him dwn the window but stood far away fm the window I did tis coz Chen Chen lifted up his chair n bang on the flr
Ya man, I came in to check the thread for tis wk end gathering but it's not materialised

Giggler
I oso no image

Hong
I read fm my v last post
Gd dat Janelle tells u wat happened in school. Chen Chen always say dunno
R your kids still wif your MIL?
^5 Chen Chen likes to do Mathermatics but not handwritting esp Chinese handwritting. He dislikes it when I erase wat he wrote n ask him to write agn. His strokes r incorrect tho he cld write the character
Wow Janelle likes electronic gadgets.

Hello Mommies!
Been soo.....busy with work
happy.gif

Wah, all the #2 seems to have grown bigger, and our #1 so..."mature" liao.

Koala,
Yeap, we booked the tix to HK liao. It's going to be a birthday present to Alicia. Yet to book the hotel.

Koala, Giggler, Mom2nat,
You threaten to throw the kid out of the window/house, but it's the other way round for me. The kids threaten me to "fly" them into their room every night...hahaha...

Gathering:
How about picnic in Sentosa beach?

Koala, mom2nat, giggler,
i oso kind of lost my patience at ash many tx. tink he is at d terror 5 stage. i sahm, my neighbours mus hv heard my 'voice' evyday, evy hr, even evy min. i try to ctrl n not shout at him but somtx i jus lose my cool. ash is more 'scared' of his daddy. patience, patience, patience, i need more patience evy day.
cher is ok so far but she is super clingy to me.
doubt i can ever put on wt hving to handle these 2.

Koala,
ash likes maths n science but dislikes writing too.

A's dad,
zoo is fun. wah! alicia mus b so happy to rec such a big bday prezzie.

hong, Vane just got her DS too. We didnt want to buy for her but my nephew passed her 2nd hand set. But I kept in drawer, only let Vane touch it during weekends.

Writings... Vane loves to write now, her fav pasttime is writing.

Koala, you erase the chinese char if stroke not rite? I didnt check how Vane write them, only make sure she got the end pdt right.

Mom2Nat, hahaha... my n'bour really said that lah. So now trying my best to control my vol. Nat get prettier and prettier leh. Your boy also 'mature' liao.

A's dad, Alicia is forever so chubby.
happy.gif
Your boy put on some wt liao hor?

Picnic is fine. So it's 5th Apr this Sun?

Sanrio,
It's fun for the kids, or rather Alicia
happy.gif
Adrian more reserved. When he saw all the bigger kids running around, he prefers to stay with us by the side, and watch them.

Mom2nat,
Nice hair do. Lovely Nat!

Giggler,
Apr 5th too soon lar.

Gathering:
Sentosa picnic (beach near the beach carpark)
How about Apr 12th (Sunday) from 2-5pm?
Play sand, chit chat and makan sandwiches, tit-bits etc...

Giggler/ a's daddy
I showed the video to my maid, she was screaming and shouting while watching it! Hahahah...

12th sounds good!
happy.gif
any wet weather prog? just in case.

Aiyoh, I couldn't watch the video to the end! My goodness! I know I get very angry with Sarah sometimes, but how could anybody do that to another person, let alone a small child? Wow, if that were my child I think I would go ballistic. That's why all you with maids, better watch your maids at home hor.

Back