(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

foreverfriend,
ashrel will scream down ur nice condo, keke. but mayb he likes it so much n wont make noise. hope so..

nat,
i oso sure give in wen ashrel cry. finally get to c ur comics agn. the fotos ah, can send to my email add. tks

sahm,
ya lor, tat's why i only apply olive oil on his scalp. bought the 'au li fu' olive oil, din noe so costly but quite gd, not oily. n his dry scalp much beta

Nat, I can understand your feelings. Poor you. Nevermind lah. You did try, and it was your MIL who thwarted your efforts to BF. At least she let you take care of him. Your MIL sounds like she'll win the GOLD medal for mothers in-law if ever there was such an award
rofl.gif
. Can't your hubby talk to her to ask her to let you and him make decisions for Matt? After all, you're the parents mah.

Hi Giggler

Think Ally's gums have been itchy for some time coz she's a major major drooler. My parents say her drooling resembles the rain ... drop non-stop. Think I should check her gums this weekend. Anyway she's going for her next jab next sat.

I know what you mean abt pumping. Everytime I hit an obstacle (eg. no time to pump during work or having to lug the pump around when I've got meetings or training), I really look forward to the day I can stop pumping. On the other hand, I don't wanna stop breastfeeding her. The convenience and benefits are what's persuading me not to stop. But think I'll just continue with the morning direct latch and last night feed. At least she still gets some antibodies and 'natural nutrients' daily. We'll have to stop pumping some time. If only our bodies can miraculously produce constant milk flow only on weekends, so I can direct latch her the whole day. hee hee!

Hi Nat, of course I remember those comics. Never fail to make us laugh one. Tell your mil that it's safer to let Matt sit inside car seat during the journey, at least got safety belt over him mah. I think everyone got complains abt mil one hor? The latest chanting from my mil is "Is the diapers wet?" I let my gal wear disp diapers all day round recently. So she'll keep asking me the above qns to indicate that I shd change the diaper liao. I already told her umpteen times that we only need to change every 3-4hrs but she just doesn't listen. Sigh........

natt,all mummies...enough of all the MIL stories....altogether including mine can be as long as orchard rd!! really fed up n sickening abt all this old women - thinking they really got the experience thus can throw their weights ard isst!!

natt! be firm!! if u want to putt matt on the car seat - tat be it!! do it infront of her and like wat ur FIL did tell her to use her pig brain n wisen up!!

i nvr in gd terms with mine since my dating days!! so i try my best not to cross path with her - n she has seen my FLARING UP so i think she also trying to avoid me.

i only bring jerald to her when i'm free, even she complaint to my hb i didnt let her c her grandson - me oso turn deaf ear!! HE'S MY SON U KNOW!! i tell her i v.bz working, doing hsework...etc u so free...go to my mum plc n c him lor.

aiya, even of all these dowagers once started u cant stop (but this is no delicious potatoe chips!)

shook, the teether suppose can put in fridge - but on n off he wants it so i didnt put in fridge.. i know when it's cold its able to numb the pain on his gigi...but bb things hard to predict!!

natt, ur cartoon so cute leh...since our preggie days u hv bn posting so many comics...really lite up my day!!

PV...

my MIL only silver...sahm's one can win gold lo....hor???

Giggler,

I did...she still insist car seat not good...
so hard...I gave yp already...
I got Mtt "wings" for the belt so he can rest his little head..

emily
yeah, can u imagine i'm so worried then, but can't do anything, juz watch him to go hungry.
sad.gif

i'm not sure the porridge water enuf for him or not, at least he will hv something in his stomach rather than empty. but he drank not much oso..

sahm
i oso dun noe porridge water gd for wat leh. at least u noe is gd for rashes & complexion.

val
wat is barrier cream? where can i buy it?

shook
actually i dun really understand wat is lactose intorlerance, can u explain?
it never occurred to me to give Aloysius soya powder, will it help him in any way? is gd for wat purpose?

kis
aloysius same as elyse leh, will push away the bottle, close his lips tight, use his tongue to push away the teat and cry. even when he's sleeping he oso can do tat.

viv
does the pigeon peristaltic teat suitable for all types of milk bottle?
wat is Infacol?
now u hv no problem in feeding ur bb girl? she no longer refuse to drink milk now?

sanrio
no advice for aloysius frm pd, only give him medicine & suggest the reflux milk tat's all.
me haven't tried the milk flow regulator leh. can the milk flow regulator used in other brands milk bottle, bcos i'm not using pigeon brand milk bottle. if can, i would like to hv the milk flow regulator frm u, tks.

Hi lyn, my mil is not that bad at times but sometimes she's just too naggy. So most of the times I'll pretend that I can't hear her and walk into my room with bb. heehee....

Hi Nat, I agree that sahm's mil is gold winner.
happy.gif
So you give in to your mil and won't let him sit on the car seat?

Nat
I wz late. Perhaps Ashrel screamed b4 I arrived b2b3m4's hse?
KK gave v gd excuse to hv no 2
lol.gif
Ya Matt so young, so possessive But it is really v funni the way he looked at Chen Chen
rofl.gif
well quite common 4 tod not wanting to share their belongings
Yipee, X'mas got gathering in Central. O oh another hijet from the Westerners
Your MIL then terrible, agreed she is soley responsible for your non ability to bf Matt longer
Tell your mil it is a serious traffic offence in Msia not to put bb in car seat elaborate bit bit

Giggler
Ya hard time xpressing in office. xpress a lot lesser in office nowadays. N I get foremilk more than hindmilk
sad.gif

U start Vane on solid already?

Sanrio
Let's wait n c wat Ashrel does in my hse
So far response no gd leh

Absolut
Think when our lo reach 6 mth n on solid, their dd 4 milk decreases n we dun need to pump??

Lyn
suppose to get 2 or more teether 1 in fridge (never put in freezer
nono.gif
) 1 wif bb

Jaz
Lactose intolerance means bb cannot stomach diary product due to allergy.
Give soya powder is to replace milk as bb's basic food. I dunno if Aloy likes soya powder but u can give it a try. It is not harmful to him. Soya powder will b more nutritious compared to porridge water

shook, i know teether not suppose to put in freezer, cannot put in boiling water to sterlise..etc (i not one of those stubborn dowager, u know)!! i clean twice a day with pigeon detergent, and with running tap water whenever he drops on the floor.

i didnt buy him more i feel that those plastic type not gd cos i think it's too hard?? u seen his pic with teether rite?? that's the one n only he got. soft plastic filled with water. quite nice n soft to touch.

Lyn
hm... I din say or imply u r a stubbon dowager, dun get me wrong.
yap yap ya rite, teether filled wif water is soft n more suitable.
My mum bot 1 teether for Chen Chen coz Chen Chen puts anything in his mouth, b it his hands, blanket, my hand.... my mum din put the teether in fridge coz Chen Chen having cough n flu now

hi all
im back again..
one day never come in, u all got so much posts already....
my baby is having soft liquid stools...

by the way, any1 interested to buy tollyjoy batteries operated breast pump?
never been used before...
bought in early october...

Hi absolut, I think I'll delay Vane's jab to next mth. Wanted to wait for her 6th mth to do the developmental assessment at the same time. You better check Ally's gum, maybe she also teething liao. For me, I'll try not to latch on direct for last feed leh. I afraid that Vane got the habit of sucking before she can sleep leh.

Hi Jaz, maybe you shd ask the sinseh the reason for Aloy's discomfort?

Hi shook, X'mas got gathering in central at whose place huh? So you manage to get a function rm at your condo? SK is really far for me at extreme West leh. Anyone want to share cab with me?
happy.gif
My mom gave her the rice cereal sample I got from Dumex on Wed. Vane likes it alot.

Mummies..........
Me so tired now.........just finished those major draggy hsechore.

Jaz,
One eg of Barrier cream is the Drapolene u used at B2B3M4's hse lor.......hahahahhahah.....u so cute!

Shook,
Not that the response to ur pl is no gd but it is YET TO RESPOND! CAn i bring my boy n soak him in the pool? the mummies in a circle thingy stressed me out leh...........I v shy type!

I am using the sarong frm mumsinmind lor...

Nat/Jul,
Forget abt trying to learn how to use the sarong frm the cd lah. Seems so simple but so hard to carry out. I gave up watching, furthermore, the cd so dated. The lady in there nowadays so slim n look totally different. She also got awarded for her this business, rite? Just try here n there till u get the hang of it....

Giggler,
Vane is sweet gd girl.............always bring a smile to my face when I think of her n her nick 'FSM'.......

Mummies (nat/giggler/lyn?),
Think my mil is totally opp frm yours....not naggy, not kan cheong type, super bo chap that u freak out. Super bo chap that's y milk bottles kena burnt till rubber smell remains even days after!!! U all hear fire engine sound....mz pray hard 4 me hor....Got her scary 'siang fa' lor.........

I am learning to accept her........no matter wat, i appreciate her alot for helping me out. Just hope that no major hiccups again that upset me again.......not sure is she qualified for GOLD leh........after hearing ur mil's story. My mil quite sayang me leh........

Nat,
I am growing to be more direct with my MIL. I put my pt firmly across to her, let her see my stand....I say n make clear to her, but she follows anot, I dun know, am doubtful but dun want to read too much into it. DUn want to have sleepless nite.

Ur mil.....haiz...super interfering leh.....quite irritating hor? My mil wont in this aspect. Do u stand firmly letting her know that U R THE MUM for Matt? Not too sure ur MIL is silver or GOLD leh..........

It's ME tt tok abt the scanning thing, not emily lah.....sotong u..hahahahahahahaah

Gd idea to ask ur students to burn the cd leh....I want ah!

Sanrio,
Actually I find aloy's crying louder.....
happy.gif

Giggler
U let Vane take 6 in 1 on her 6th mth?
I thot u let Vane latch on whether u r home
Nat offered her love nest for gathering during X'mas
tml I go home then go mgt office to book function rm. Looks like onli Emily, Nat n Sanrio interested in the gathering tis time
sad.gif

U not waiting till Vane 6 mth old then introduce solid to her?

sahm
Sure u can bring your boi to the pool but gotta keep n eye on him. Sometimes those teenages play in the pool quite chor lor till the securuty guard said them
yep yep, I oso find aloy cried loudest among the bb

Wow....just one day didn't log in and the postings are 2 pgs long...

Brought Alicia for her 3rd DTP jab this morning..then had BK for lunch at Novena....shopped at Moms and Babes followed by buying a high chair cum rocker cum bed from KP. Placed her in the chair and started rocking it..she likes it a lot.

Shook

I am keen for the gathering at your place if it is confirmed. Are u staying behind Rivervale Mall?

Nat

Is your PT local or foreigner? Ive asked my PT if she could help...she's quite happy to do so....will try out for a while and see how it goes..but if i still need help, I still hv your recommendation. Tks!

Shook, I can bing Ethan for a swim either before or after the gathering hor? My cousin stays at the same condo as you.

Nat, thanks for comic... i use to like it...and still like it.

btw, Ethan no more diahorrea. Cleared yesterday already... guess it's a small virus.

Jaz, infracol is for colic bbs... works the same way as grape water. You can get it from any pharmacy. It's supposed to help soothe the bbs stomach etc... and make them feel better.

Jaz
The pigeon peristaltic teat needs a special wide neck bottle. Comes in 2 size. small (200ml) $8.60. Big ones (300ml) is abt $9. Taka has 20% discount for pigeon products 2 weeks ago, dunno whether still on or not.

Infacol is a brand of wind drops. Can get from pharmacy without prescription but better chk wif pd before giving it to your boy. I give my 4 mth old girl 0.4ml 4 times a day, just before her milk.

She's better now, at least she doesn't cry when we feed her. Past few days, she start to drink her milk without much fussing. Sometimes when she's not too keen to drink, we'll put her on the bed and prop her up with pillow, distract her with her toys, put the teat into her mouth and wait till she start to drink. The peristaltic teat has a Y shape cutting instead of a hole, the milk will not start to flow the moment u tilt the bottle, it only flow when bb suck. So that's y we can put the teat into her mouth and wait for her to start sucking. If u wanna try this, remember to prop bb up, I read that bb cannot be bottle fed laying down else they will get middle ear infection.

MIL?? I dunno do I consider myself slightly more fortunate than u ladies. But my mil & fil love to kiss Randall. Eeee.... So dirty!!!! So immediately they left, I bath Randall. :p

Lyn,
Though I can fit in the jeans but somehow overall I appear to be "bigger" with tat 3kg. Old wives tales said after giving birth all the bones will "expand". Seems like quite true leh.

Sanrio,
PD prescribe Desowen for Randall when he got rashes on his face.

Jul,
U know how to use the sarong already? Tats great. Can teach me how to use? Hehe.... Mine collecting dust now. The way the lady do like damn easy. But when I try, CANNOT...I do until I sweat like pig and Randall oso cry like anything.

Shook,
Winzip us? Hahaha..... I think I can lose weight becos of the little terror of mine. Still prefer to hv long hair. Will keep it long once my hair stop dropping at current rate. 13,14 or 15 is fine with me so long as Randall do not develop any fever as he will be gg for his 2nd jab on the 10.

Kis,
With my short hair now, at least I feel I got MORE hair. When it was long, feel so "thin". Tell me abt it the stretch marks. My stomach really gone case.

Jaz,
The barrier cream actually prevent the urine or poo to contact the skin and at the same time regenerate & soothes the skin. I using the mustela barrier cream. Can get fm kiddy palace, taka or robinson. I believe other places oso hv but I onli know these places.

Hey...shall we share some pics of ourselves b4 preg, during preg and now during our next gathering? Hehe...Very curious to see the b4 and after of giving birth.

pringles
Yap I stay bhind Rivervale mall. U v clever. How come u make dat guess? There r many condos in Sengkang

Emily
U already let Ethan swim? My hubby doesn't allow me to bring Chen Chen 4 swimming till he is 1 yr old. My colleague's daughter got vaginal infection after swimming so my hubby scared

Val
Talk abt dirtiness. My MIL puts Chen Chen on carton box to sleep. Boi, my darling cried n she pressed on, he then screamed like wanna tear dwn the hse. I felt so lousy as a mum not being able to protect my son coz I dun wanna hv any conflict wif my MIL. I hated myself @ dat moment. Poor Chen Chen gotta protect himself.
sad.gif
I m a great failure rite

1st thing I go home book the function rm n let all of u know the date for gathering. My hubby said 13 or 14 coz 16 start work gotta clean hse on 15.
so far keen in gathering at my plc
Nat
Sanrio
Emily
Pringles
Val
anymore?

shook, how come chen chen end up on carton box?!?! aiyoh, why your MIL lidat....

didn't know there r a lot of condos in Sengkang... me suaku..

Shook, don't scare me lah... I have been wanting to bring Ethan swimming since when I was pregnant. Heeehehee... not successful yet coz hubby don't allow. But I seem to be more determined with each passing day lah... how??

shook, no lah jus joking...relax....how's chen?? I'm going to get another teether later today so jerald can hv thme cool n nice
happy.gif

btw, gathering at ur plc (if time permits) i very interested leh. Rivervale mall??! v.near the express way rite??

emily,viv, gd to know ur babies are now ok.

val, i think those slimming ctrs will be very interested in our b4 preg n after popping pixs!!! (jus kidding) but i didnt take any pix of my tummy during preggie - a bit regret but reall dun like the idea of big tummy!!

giggler, hv u tasted the dumex cereals urself?? i find it strongly like HL Milk.... jerald seems reluctant to hv them?? do u think it's advisable to add in some mashed pumpkin/apple or anything?? gd to know vane is enjoying it.

It's been ages since I posted here.Manage to find some time to come in here to check the postings today. The postings are going too fast for me to catch. Read until i tau gong gong....

Saw the photos u gals took at b2b3m4's place. I showed my hubby and he said so cute. Like bb advertisement like tat.

If you gals are interested in another north-east meeting, you gals can come my place. I stay in hougang. I can book the function room and we can gather there to chat and eat. After that if you gals want can come up my place. It's a bit small if you all dun mind.

Shook, u staying in Rivervale Crest? I'm staying quite close to you. I have always wanted to bring Jovan down to swim since I was pregnant but dun dare. The water is so cold dunno if he will like it. But everytime see those children playing so fun. Wish Jovan can join them too.

Nat, miss your comics. Too bad I didnt go b2b3m4's place. Missed all the fun.

Jovan just had his 2nd DTPa jab yest. Had slight fever yest evening. Today better.

To add on the list:

Allison 28/05/04
Vanessa 28/05/04
Chen Chen 29/05/04
Matt 01/06/04
Alicia 01/06/04
Elyse (Kis) 08/06/04
Ian 09/06/04
Sarah (PV) 12/06/04
Ethel (Pok) 23/06/04
Jerald 24/06/04
Jovan (Sarsi) 25/06/04
Elyse (sahm) 30/06/04
Ashley 30/06/04
Aloysious 05/07/04
Ethan 08/07/04
Ashrel 15/07/04
Tyra 17/07/04
Edison 19/07/04

Lyn, I gave Jovan some rice cereals yest. He stick out his tougue and seems interested. But after a few spoons he dun want already.

Dr says to give gradually. Start with 2-3 spoons per day and increase bit by bit. Does Jerald still take his milk? If he shows signs like sticking out his tougue or fuss alot when feeding, maybe you can start to wean him. Tat's wat the dr said. Dun give up, try again another time. All babies will have to go thru the weaning stage.

jaz,
the milk flow regulator can only fit pigeon 'normal' bottle. i dun hav new pigeon bottle but has brand new regulator, sure can give it to u. ah.. wen we next mt, i'll brg n show u, u can let aloysius try. i'll get a brand new teat n regulator n sterilise them n a clean bottle for him. soy milk is suitable for bb w lactose intolerant. the symptoms of lactose intolerant cld b persistent loose stools or vomiting (may or may not). but i read tat the term lactose intolerant is quite 'loosely' used n many pple tot bb has it but in fact is not. so is best to check w pd. if aloysius's prob is reflux then soy milk may/may not make a diff. but u can let him try, 'Isomil' is one of the 'popular' brand.
i undstd ur anxiety n wori, hope once aloysius can take solids beta, he wil b much beta.
it's impt to use barrier cream. ashrel uses mustela barrier cream, i find it gd. if he has redness (like the other tx due to diarrhoea), then will use desitin.
wat bottle is aloysius using now? he may 'reject' the pigeon peristaltic if he's not used to wide neck bottles.
oso whether infacol helps in colic/wind, it's v subjective. it does help bb to burp faster/easier. agn, aloysius may not b having colic prob..

foreverfriend,
is the gathering at ur place confirmed? is it 13 nov?

to correct ashrel's DOB and add in all the mummies (hope i got all correct):

Allison (Absolut) 28/05/04
Vanessa (Giggler) 28/05/04
Chen Chen (Shook) 29/05/04
Matt (Natalie) 01/06/04
Alicia (Pringles) 01/06/04
Elyse (Kis) 08/06/04
Ian (Jul) 09/06/04
Sarah (PV) 12/06/04
Ethel (Pok) 23/06/04
Jerald (Lyn) 24/06/04
Jovan (Sarsi) 25/06/04
Elyse (Sahm) 30/06/04
Ashley (B2B3M4) 30/06/04
Aloysious (Jaz) 05/07/04
Ethan (Emily) 08/07/04
Ashrel (Sanrio) 14/07/04
Tyra (Hazey) 17/07/04
Edison (Soyabean) 19/07/04
Randall (Val) 14/08/04

Shook

happy.gif
....wild guess..and because its the nearest condo to my house! Very convenient for you to buy food or groceries hor...just doorstep away.

Sanrio
With regards to the little rashes on Alicia's groin..I've started using cotton and water to clean during each diaper change unless she passes motion..then I'll deep in the bath tub to wash...find that its gentler on her skin and it has improved. Didn't even have to use much Desitin cream. Aiya...my efforts to try and use cloth nappy on her failed...just couldnt figure out how to pin the cloth securely..by the time i have figured out....she has already pee! I will ask my PT help next time she comes.

Pringles, do you have nappy protector? For me, I put Ethan in the nappy, and then use nappy protector... no pins required. U can alternatively go to KP and buy one of those nappy protectors or a tummy wrap to secure the nappy round bb's waist.

sari, yah, tat's what my mum doing now...we started with only 2teaspoon of geber food jar but now he can finish slightly less than 1/2 in one sitting....but i din want to give him too much of such conveninet - prefer hme made brown rice.

Sarsi, i thought pushing out the tongue is a sign that baby is not ready to be weaned??? U gals are all starting on cereals so early... isn't it easier to just feed milk? I'm worried that my supply will drop once my boy starts taking semi solids... will miss the breastfeeding... but it's a matter of time. WHO recommends 6 months so what's the hurry???

Emily

tks for the advice....suddenly i feel so "suah ku"....didn't know wat the tummy binders and nappy protector were for....now i know.

shook
tks for ur explanation.
happy.gif

y did ur mil put chen chen into carton box to sleep?

giggler
check wif my mum, the sinseh told her aloysius problem is due to indigestion.

sahm, val & sanrio
i've never tried using a barrier cream b4. hubby said no need to apply on aloysius as he doesn't hv rashes, juz apply powder on him tat's all.

shook & emily
i'm oso anxious to bring aloysius go swimming leh.
shook, did u ask ur colleague is the vaginal infection really due to swimming??

viv
glad to hear tat ur girl start to drink milk.
happy.gif

i hv a question. since the milk will only start to flow when bb suck, then if we put into bb's mouth, wat if they dun suck, then bb will not get to drink any milk then. so how can we make bb to suck?

sanrio
tks, really appreciate ur help.
happy.gif

i'm using the Nuby brand milk bottle, is not those wide neck bottles.

lyn
we gave aloysius to try the brown rice cereal yesterday, but after about 2-3 teaspoon, he's not interested anymore. we thot tat he doesn't like the taste of it. now tat i saw ur posting, then realised tat we need to slowly increase the no. of teaspoon. will let my mum noe & let aloysius try again. tks for sharing here.
happy.gif

Mummies who use cloth nappies for bbs,

how long can the cloth nappy last during the nite if i place nappy liner in it as well as use nappy protector?

pringles,
i personally tink it's not so advisable to use cloth nappy at nite. if it's not changed once it's wet, then bb skin more prone to nappy rash right? as cloth nappy does not really absorb urine. me too dun noe how to use cloth nappy, ashrel has been using pampers since day 1. i change his diaper more often, n use cotton n water n barrier cream.

jaz,
no prob at all. since nuby is the 'normal' type n not wide neck bottle, i'll brg the pigeon bottle n regulator for u wen we next mt, okie..
most of us use barrier cream on bb as we dun use powder.

jul,
cos some of our bb are not on tbf.

Sanrio or any mummies,
I bought some avent 'flow regulator or flow variable' teat but nvr get to use them.........how to use huh...I mean as in how it regulates the milk flow?

I bot during my ah boy time.....u know as 1st time mum....I shopped n shopped, buy n buy. So many things untouched n lying ard..........I even have those suction bowls n cups whole set frm Combi but kept nicely in the kitchen cabinet till now! Haiz.......

Lyn,
Went parkway parade n wonder if I will bump onto u n jerald. A few mums stopped by n played with my girl. Wonder any of them frm this forum
happy.gif
?Went giant to collect diaper sample
happy.gif
...1 promoter gave me 5 pckets of sample n another promoter took frm another brand promoter n gave me sample too! heheheeh....'ta feng shou'! All these samples i normally used for outdr.........so handy.

Huggies the red packaging seems not bad....so soft.........but sample not available.

I've been TBF my baby for 1mth+, I started adding 2-3 formula feeds at night 1 week ago, and she hasnt poo at all for the third day (counting yesterday). I dont think this is normal since I only gave her a few formula feeds a day, right? Can someone please advise? What can I do? I'm really getting quite worried

BTW, I am giving her Enfalac HA; I heard that this is known to cause constipation cause of the added iron. Could this be the case?
I've just bought a can of similac exellence today for her, hope it changes the situation...

sahm,
wow, u got so many samples... i never tried getting samples from Giant...in fact, haven't gone to Giant since I delivered! I bought Huggies Dry Comfort once... think it's not so good... comparable to Drypers and Fitti Premium. Hubby said we will NEVER buy Drypers again after Ian's poo leaked on him once... Huggies Dry (blue packaging) is plasticky so we didn't try.

Pringles,
nappies must be changed once wet. That's why I went crazy changing nappies during Ian's first 2 months and soon gave up. Night time, we always use disposables. I decided that no point using nappies if I have to disturb his sleep to change him. Once we let Ian sleep in his wet nappy for abt 3 hours (newborn stage), he got rashes immediately... since then, once wet, change within ten minutes. We used the Tollyjoy nappy liner that time... think it prevents the cloth from absorbing the urine as well as without it, so we stopped using that too. If u want, can pass the remainder to u, abt 50 pieces or more, I think.

Jaz,
put powder at groin area for what purpose?

jas, i oso duno much abt weaning...jus learn a bit here n there lor

sahm, sorry not at parkway on sat noon, i went bugis instead!! wow 5pkts!! must impart ur skills to me...normal i only got i pkt frm each brand. so u now know where to find my if we are at parkway....jus head straight to the diaper lane @ giant :p

pringles, suggest u dun use cloth nappy at nite even with liner n protector...cos when it's wet it's no gd for bb...even for diaper (nepia/petpet or any brand) i change it middle of nite when jerald is up for milk.

sahm,
i wen giant imm on sat, only managed to get 1 pkt of mamy poko sample leh.
are u refering to the avent 'Y' shaped teat? it is supposed to 'regulate' the milk flow as the teat only 'open' when bb sucks.
it's diff fr the pigeon milk flow regulator, which is a plastic white thing to b attached to the teat.
some bb get choked when they suck too fast or the milk flow too fast, hence the mft'er came up w those 'regulator'.

berry,
i m not sure abt enfalac HA. my boy is on enfalac A+ n usually poo once a day or alternate day. wen i bf n supplement w enfalac A+, he poo once or twice a day.
is faye allergic to fm, can i noe why u chose HA? i read fr a bb website n heard fr a frd tat HA milk tastes v bitter, due to the extraction process to remove some ingredients fr the 'normal' fm.

sanrio, I chose HA just to play safe, cause my friend said for newborns who just started milk powder, good to give HA. HMmm...bitter?? Maybe thats why my baby dont like enfalac HA very much. I hope she'll do better on similac excellence.

jul
My MIL put Chen Chen on flattened carton box.
Sengkang not your territority mah of coz u not familiar
I will introduce solid to Chen Chen only when he is 6 mth old. Boi dat is next mth. Time flies

Jaz
My MIL sleeps on carton box instead of mattress. So she put Chen Chen on carton box she sleeps on. Then dirty rite
Powder is no gd for bb, use barrier cream better. Powder may get into bb's nose
My hubby's colleague din say wat's the reason of his bb's vaginal infection. But my hubby said muz b chlorine n the water in swimming pool

sahm
U so lucky. I never get sample diaper so far

Emily
Wat's your hubby's reason to disallow Ehtan to swim?
Like u I wanna bring Chen Chen to swim even when he wz NB. Understand dat NB bb knows how to swim since they swam in mummy's tummy. But after certain mth (can't remember how many mth) they lost dat ability

Lyn
Chen Chen still coughing n sneezing. Sigh, hope he recovers asap b4 the gathering
Clever, I stay in Rivervale mall near xpress way.

Val
My preggie photo in pc. Din develop. Can show all of u my wedding photo (haha can come out n parade liao)

Pringles
Ya NTUC next dr
Aiyo dun use pin lah. I bot (my sil requested) but never use. I used nappy protector

I checked yes'dy, Club hse is available on Thu (11 Nov) fm 3pm or Sat (13 Nov) fm 12pm. So if we hv gathering on Sat, we either hv lunch in club hse or t @ my hse. Alternatively Thu t time. How?
Anyone else bsides
Nat
Sanrio
Emily
Pringles
Val

Jul/Sanrio/Lyn/Shook

I know wat u mean....bought some terry cloth nappies and tried them out with cloth nappies and pigeon liners...but once she shits, I discard the liners and have to change everything..its more hassle..i will try using day time only and nite time stick to disposables..change during nite feed..eversince I wash her bottom with cotton and water instead of wet wipes....theres also some improvement.

Jul

Have u suceeded in bottle training your boy? Alicia who has been rejecting bottles all the while finally accepted the pigeon bottle and teat happily....u might wanna give a try. I let her play with the bottle first b4 she placed it to her mouth and decided she liked this new bottle. Didn't even have to coax her into it.

Shook

If Chen Chen hasn't recover, we can always postpone the gathering.

Berry

So far, the only FM I've given Alicia is Friso and it goes down well with her ....no prob. You might consider trying.

berry,
Some mums feedback that Similac or Gain IQ or any powder frm ABBott gives softer stool....u monitor if it's true. I kinda boycott ABBOTT after awhile cos there was a time ST report on their IQ issue. IQ as in intestinal quality n not Intelligence Quotient........their marketing stragedy v remarkable n misleading. But if Faye suits better on the alternative, all these shd be trivial
happy.gif

Lyn, Sanrio, Shook,
4got I ve 2kids arma
happy.gif
..........sorry misled u mummies....so dun envy. The promoter also v cute...said nvr mind, take more, she has so many samples!! But one promoter frm Huggies v nice. She dun have sample for me but asked me to wait. Later came back with another brand's sample 4 me
happy.gif

Lyn, though we have not met, I believe if I bump onto u, i will definitely recognise n I will acknowledge u....so be on guard!
happy.gif

Jul,
Huh....no gd huh? I touched n touched, examined n examined...soft n not bad leh...so i bot the red improved one to try....on sales $16+ only. Dropping petpet....my boy itches ard his waistline. Dryper......nvr like. Fitti premium...cant remember y i dropped using
happy.gif

Mummies....sahms?,
We kena pre-natal n post natal blues somehow, mild or severe.....

Over the wkends when I have to handle 2, I like having pre-or post natal blues too.......v depressing.....where is my life n how to get away frm this responsibility.....think oreadi oso scared.....till they 21yrs old? have u ever bore such thoughts?

Berry,
My boy once took enfaGROW (mead Johnson)n Gain IQ (Abbott) simultaneously. EnfaXXXX gives harder stool as compared to Gain IQ. SO switching to similac excellence (Abbott) is a gd trial.

Berry,
Also to add on.....abbott's milk powder is sweeter as compared to mead johnson. So a retired nurse frm KK told me EnfaXXX series is better choice, not too sweet?!

Maybe it depends on individual bb.........

Randall's DOB is 11/08/04

Allison (Absolut) 28/05/04
Vanessa (Giggler) 28/05/04
Chen Chen (Shook) 29/05/04
Matt (Natalie) 01/06/04
Alicia (Pringles) 01/06/04
Elyse (Kis) 08/06/04
Ian (Jul) 09/06/04
Sarah (PV) 12/06/04
Ethel (Pok) 23/06/04
Jerald (Lyn) 24/06/04
Jovan (Sarsi) 25/06/04
Elyse (Sahm) 30/06/04
Ashley (B2B3M4) 30/06/04
Aloysious (Jaz) 05/07/04
Ethan (Emily) 08/07/04
Ashrel (Sanrio) 14/07/04
Tyra (Hazey) 17/07/04
Edison (Soyabean) 19/07/04
Randall (Val) 11/08/04

sahm,
I met a mummy at a provision shop near my house. She told me huggies the one in red packing is good. Will give it a try.

Shook,
Yeah..show me ur wedding pics if got chance. Would like to see them. Hehe....

Lyn,
How come nv take? Alamak...wasted. Now when I look at the pic tat I took juz before I left the house to deliver....wow....really like a pig. Haha...Nose swell until damn BIG. Well...its a "sweet" memory.

Back