(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

Hi lyn, don't listen to old myths lah. Recently my pantry lady just told us that if your daughter looks like hubby and vs means the bb will be very intelligent. Don't know how true but this is the 1st time I ever heard of such things.

Hi sanrio, *sayang sayang* guess you got to remind yourself that at least Ashrel is strong and healthy. I got a friend whose bb was diagnosed with heart problem when she was 5th mth preggie. Now she lives with worry cos she decided to continue with her pregnancy but still unsure how her son will be when she gives birth. And her son got to go for major op once he's out in this world. So be thankful that our bb is so strong and healthy though they may be cranky at times.

hi hazey...
thanks for updating.... hehe...

jul...
i can mk it on on both 13th or 27th.... actuali 13th beta... cos long weekend for all... can rest more after the gathering... nt so tiring!
happy.gif

sanrio...
dun be so sad... u r lucky cos u get to see bb grow and learn things everyday.

sahm...
aiyoh... no time to IM today arh... been busy at work man!

B2B3M4,
We v scared of long wait.....so polyclinic n our PD is out....we just go to the GP dnstair for her jab.

Ya.....i kind of think u graduated abroad too.......ur little action/style. Ur nose....'eng kor p'!

Sanrio,
Wat giggler share cannot be more true. No matter how tough our sahm experience is at times, we r at least tending to healthy bb! 1 flr below my unit is a 9 to 10mth old bb wz v serious jaundice. He is literally yellow...yellow skinned n the white of his eyes are yellow too! He is a v handsome cute looking boy. Look at him, u heartache. He innocently looks at u, smile while u look at his yellowness n his bloated body. worsened by his ah ma who went on n on relating his condition. U just got2 control ur tears! he at 4mth oreadi went thru op n tat's y his tummy area is so bloated. The serious jaundice is due to liver/kidney (?)malfunction.........blood transfusion no use too....got to go for transplant.........n b4 that it is jab after jab for the little one!!!! U heartache anot? So young yet go thru so much.....the parents must be v strong to go thru this.................He was v v v yellowish n bloated the 1st time i saw him....recently i met him frm distance, he became so skinny but not as yellowish liao....maybe he has gone for the transplant. Always remind one another here, count our blessing whenever we r down n weary, k?

giggler,
ur panrty lady, 1st time i heard that 'theory' on intelligence............

soya.......
oh yah, u not sahms hor.......n u yahoo acc!

giggler, as on myths - i one ear in the other out - where can absorb so many nonsenses?!?! but sometimes i use it for reference only. dun/nvr take it seriously.

finally, the thread hv slow down slightly - or issit jus for today?

Hi sahm, I thinkonly when things like that happen ard you then you feel the pain rite? Aiya my pantry lady got lots of funny myths one. Ya, Allison is absolut's bb.

Hi lyn, me too... heehee.... Not even sure if they're true or not.
happy.gif

Giggler & Jaz,
My arms really ache like anything leh
sad.gif
I bet I deserve a gd massage :D

Giggler,
Izzit pantry aunty always full of all these ah? Mine oso. Everytime when she says, I still gotta entertain her. Damn sian. Worst of all, she tot I very keen on her crap and she goes on and on. Zzzzz. :p

Emily,
I din weigh Randall since my house dun hv a digital weighing machine. Onli those normal weighing scale. I think he should be ard 7+kg now. He was 6kg at when he was 6 wks old.

Wow...Pigletz u soooo got sim. Hehe.. Can remember Randall DOB. I remember Gareth was born on 2004 Mothers' day.

Lyn,
Signs of nitemare!!! Haha.....

sahm,
I m sure u can manage ur two darlings. But for sure it wont be easy.

mummies
was on leave 2day to bring aloysius to c chinese sinseh for follow up..."sigh" 2day so heartache...last nite 11pm until 2day 4 plus, he hasn't been drinking his milk.
sad.gif
try feeding him a few times liao but he juz refuse to drink. really break his record of 12hrs...then at 4 plus after he drank, he threw everything out
sad.gif
me really dun noe wat to do...really feel like crying but fight back my tears...me really really dun noe wat to do now.."sigh"....

Dear Mummies,

thks for all the concern and advice. Was with Alicia at my mom's place today. Feel better already. Time passes by easily whenever I bring her there or anywhere else. Alicia gets to mingle with doggie too. And my mom is pretty good at handling her.

Nat and B2B3M4

Thnks...Im looking into asking my PT to also chip in to take care of Alicia for awhile each time she comes to do the housework.

Nat, u still havent told me where Matt was born. How heavy is he now?

Sanrio

U make me feel I'm not alone....I'm abit softhearted too with Alicia....my opinion is that for her age while she's still totally dependent on me to sit/stand/eat/play..etc...I can't let her cry for more than a certain amt of time....but when it comes to bedtime...me and hubby very firm abt putting her to bed no later than 9pm. She is very attached to me...I'll count it as a good thing..but not forgetting to let her mingle with others every now and then.

To add on to the list:

Allison 28/05/04
Vanessa 28/05/04
Chen Chen 29/05/04
Matt 01/06/04
Alicia 01/06/04
Elyse (Kis) 08/06/04
Ian 09/06/04
Sarah (PV) 12/06/04
Jerald 24/06/04
Elyse (sahm) 30/06/04
Ashley 30/06/04
Aloysious 05/07/04
Ethan 08/07/04
Ashrel 15/07/04
Tyra 17/07/04
Edison 19/07/04

Priviledged

I mean for baby....how many layers of clothing for NZ? Tks

Lyn

Wow...congrats on Jerald's newly sprouted pearly whites! Did it cause him much pain or discomfort b4 that? Is he still drooling alot?

Mummies...

Sigh..just when i thot Alicia's rashes are bad enuf....now i spot some rashes in nappy region...gosh!! I'm now applying Desitin diligently after each change and hoping it'll all subside asap. Thot I could keep her free from nappy rash forever....anyone has any advice?

Hi jaz,

I can understand ur helplessness. Somehow after having my own kid, I find dat i can empathise with mums better Hang on there...

giggler,

Wah, u superwoman. Dun feel tired even though u wake up for nite feeds n gotta work the next day.
happy.gif

privileged,

Thks
happy.gif

Lyn
Jerald growing fast. Clap clap clap

Pringles
When bb cranky, he/she drives ppl crazy. U r not alone. Dun expect too much fm yourself, u done a gd job as a 1st time mum

sahm
I cried on my 1st day of work when I think of Chen Chen
My hubby said wait till Chen Chen 1 yr old then go cruise. Wif Chen Chen can't aff or d 2 go somewhere far physically n most impt financially

skyblue
can't agree more own mum is the best

giggler
how much is the coverage of the life ins u bot 4 Vane?

jul
I m fine wif both dates.

Chen Chen is sick, cough n running nose
sad.gif
Heartache 2 c him suffer esp wif the amt of mucus out fm his nose when he sneezes. N tis notti dirty boi doesn't let mummy clean his mucus. He 1 mummy to carry. Put dwn on bed/cot he cried. Mummy slept 3 hrs last 9. 2day v stressed in office - morning xpress in toilet cleaner asked me to come out coz she insisted on changing toilet roll tho i told her toilet paper still a lot; afternoon xpress meeting rm almost opened by a blur sotong luckily my colleague stopped him in time; wat else kena pressured by ah nah nah. my milk ss badly affected
sad.gif
cant meet chen chen's dd 4 the day

Pringles
Chen Chen had nappy rash when he wz 1 or 2 mth+. Wat we did wz air his backside as much as possible Use cloth nappy to wrap him loosely instead of diaper. Use cool boiled water to clean his buttock after he did his small/big business. Oso applied a lot of drapolene

Hi mommies,
Have sent the e-mail attachments (5 files) to all who posted their e-mail addresses. Hope u all can receive them.

Hi lyn, Ethan flipped today too... but from back to tummy. wow... ur bb teething already! congrats!
happy.gif
so cute.

hi hazey, thanks for adding Ethan in the list... u are right about his b/day!
happy.gif

hey val, add randell in the list lah... Randell is big and strong boy... and so cute too!

hey mommies, if star cruise is foc for bbs below 2 years old, maybe we can arrange to go cruising together... ehehee... then star cruise can start infant care centre for our sake ;p

jaz, i hear ur bb sick, i sim tia.. he is so cute.... hope he is well soon.

shook, oh no... chen chen also sick... hope he gets well soon too...

mommies, have to becareful... looks like flu virus aroud now... take gd caare of bbs then we can meet for next gathering ok?

pringles, try to air alicia's butt often.. especially after a peeing session, don't wear nappy so soon. hope she feels better soon.

Hi Mommies

The thread is moving so fast and I've been on a 2.5 day course... had a tough time just trying to catch up with the postings.

Had a great time at B2B3M4's house. Thanks for opening your place and allowing us to mess up your home. After reading your postings, I realise I didn't manage to speak to some of you even though I was there ... saw Kis but think we didn't talk. Missed out meeting Sanrio & Hubby and Val as well. Was a little lost seeing so many people there and am not as familiar with some of you coz I'm not as active in this thread. I read this thread quite faithfully to learn stuff even though I don't contribute so actively. Too bad... Ally also missed taking pics with the babies. Sorry had to leave early coz had a dinner appt with my in laws.

Can sympathise with the mommies that got aching arms coz I brought Ally out alone to meet my friends and spend the whole afternoon carrying her as well (didn't think I was going to cope with a stroller alone). after that, my arms ached for 2 days.

Pringles, where did you buy winter wear for your bb? Was thinking of buying for Ally either ear muffs or ski cap and 'winter mittens' since Japan is gonna be rather cold in Dec.

Sahm, you're very funny ... sorry didn't come in earlier to resolve your confusion whether my bb is a girl or boy. Well, after your good night's sleep, you certainly got it correct! HAHAHA! Although many people have commented that Ally looks like a boy coz she looks like Daddy.

Jaz, why you wanna shave aloy's hair away? He already has so much hair? Thot pple tend to shave the head of bbs with very little hair? I prob won't be shaving Ally's hair unless it keeps dropping til very ugly. Want her to look more like a girl than boy.

Hazey, do you happen to be from ACJC? Thot you looked a bit familiar but didn't dare to ask. Then my hubby also said you look familiar. Hubby and I were from same JC class. Don't think you were in the same stream though ... we're from SB stream.

Giggler, looks like Ally and Van are the oldest around here leh. But my little girl's weight is lighter than some of the younger babies.

PV, how do you train Sarah to sleep? Ally sometimes refuses to take her afternoon nap and either wants to play or just wants to be carried. She sometimes naps when she's carried but wakes when put down. Sometimes she refuses to nap even after being carried.

Congrats Lyn! See... your BM should be quite good. Must have provided Jerald with loads of calcium.

Shook ... take care of yourself and make sure you dun fall sick too. I can understand what you're going thru with the pumping. Was on course on monday in a hotel and went to the handicapped toilet to pump so that I dun hog the ladies toilet. Who know's ... that toilet doesn't have a hook for my bag so placed it on the floor to take out my pump etc then realised that there are cigarette ashes on the floor. Inconsiderate people use that toilet to smoke... almost suffocated in the toilet ... so smelly. Never mind ... think the lock got prob coz I pushed the lock and it seemed locked but apparently have to push more harder coz it wasn't firmly locked and this 50 plus male hotel staff opened the door on me while I was pumping. Imagine my shock and also had to quickly cover as much as I could ... didn't save much though ... so angry! Felt like going up to him and asking him why he went to use the handicapped toilet but also so embarressed so that better to just avoid him. After that, I just guai guai come out earlier before break to pump in the ladies toilet so I dun hog the toilet at peak periods. It's times like this that I wish I could just stop pumping. Quite like will stop pumping after Ally reaches 6 months and just direct latch her 1st thing in the morning and last feed at night.

Jaz .... poor mommy. can imagine the helplessness. Used to burst into tears when Ally threw up all her milk. Is Aloy better now? Have you tried going to see the PD? Was thinking whether sinseh has anything that is suitable for such a young bb.

Shook/Jaz
When our bbs not well....we really sim tia.......u2 got2 take care too.......

Jaz,
indeed it is helplessness u r in now.....I can understd the anxiety. V sim tia for Aloysious n u.............wat did ur PD said? Did u try calling him/her to follow up? Does ur PD say how long tis gonna last? Has aloysious ever been not drinking for such long hours? does he have any sign of distress? wat did the sinseh say today? I will call both pd/sinseh desperately......

My hb went back for reservist lately n met up with one of his men whose daughter same problem as urs. He was relating but I didnt get the details...........shall ask him more when he gets home later. Hope he has his contact to see can get any help...........

Val,
I am in fact very scare.........now i handle my tod alone i also get v pek chek at times....his screaming..........n my hands like urs, ache till like kena chopped off but still dangling there.

Some mums of 2 console me that sure can manage, it is mother's nature n instinct! another said just pray for strength.......another said when they all scream n cry, u cry along with them....u freak out anot? I am................

Jul,
finally got2 c Ian..........he looks like u? U very sweet mum...matching his bib with his baju
happy.gif
........v boyish look n head v round!!

Hi absolut,
Somehow I have impression of u though we didnt tok much, maybe u said bye bye to me b4 u went off
happy.gif
........tall girl....hb also tall tall. Ya...ur girl seems one of the older 1 too.

Somehow, the bb group foto arent so complete without Allison, Vane, Sarah, Ian, Randell....

Ur expressing encounter really 't sin tiao tan' mann.............

hi all!!
long time no chat already, currently bz with work....my renee was so pitiful, was on high fever after the jab and recently kept on lau sai...how to cure?.......
so ke lian....

lyn, so happy to see teeth growing frm jerald...
by the way, can i check with u, that time before u can see his teeth, he got diarhea anot?some1 told mi mayb my renee going to grow teeth so she kept on diarhea

Shook

thks for the consolation. I'll also try to use cloth nappy for a change...how long did Chen Chen recover from the nappy rash last time? Alicia had runny nose during 2mth. Nose drops and cough syrup very effective. At least it makes her sleep better, otherwise doesnt get enuf sleep from all that mucus. The nose drop also drys up the mucus very fast...I got extra bottle frm PD to standby at home. Take care.

absolut

My hubby got Alicia's winter wear when he was on a trip to Adelaide. Very cheap and nice designs there. But we checked out here...mothercare also not bad. So far haven't found ear muffs in Singapore yet. Do let us know how the Japan trip turns out ok. Have loads of fun!

Thx for the concern mummies

Emily
Going cruise tog. I like dat idea. I 2nd u

Absolut
I can't remember if I talked to all mummies present @ b2b3m4's plc. We hv gathering more often then we will b familiar wif each other
Chen Chen lighter than many young bb here too. His wt 6.45kg taken on tue
Poor u, endure the smelly smoke n unlucky encounter wif the ah peh
Now I xpress in toilet liao coz the meeting rm is in a mess. The table wz shifted out n there r old computers all over the flr. I put collection shell n pump on the white board, wz shocked 2 c the dust fm the marker on my collection shell. So decided to xpress in toilet. But in toilet gotta endure the smell esp when ppl do big bz. Tis morning I went to the toilet upstair to xpress so dat I won't bum into the cleaner

sahm
Poor mummy. Your tod 1 u to carry him?

Pringles
It took Chen Chen a few days (can't remember the exact no of days) less than a wk to recover fm nappy rash.
Chen Chen got flu after consulted PD so there is no flu medicine for him.

Jaz
Is Aloysius better? Poor little darling. Sorry I hv no solution for dat

Jul
I 4got dat I gotta attend my colleague's wedding dinner on 27 Nov. 27 Nov out for me

Hui
Renee so chubby feel like pinching her face. Did PD give u fever medicine for Renee?

hi absolut, oh my! listening to your story makes me feel sick... imagine the cigarette smell... yucks! Such efforts and sacrifice we have to make for bb...

shook... cruising...
happy.gif
me in dreamland already.... can't wait man! Holidays... stress-free... gosh! they don't really exist anymore, yeah? ;p

jaz, ethan also this morning diahorrea... don't know why.. me monitoring now. Yesterday my maid told me he had loose stools 8 times while I was at work. Gosh! hope he is okay...

Emily,
bbs' diahorrea everywhere.......weird..........sanrio's, brenda's, mine, hui32's and now urs! Ayoh.....but u r Bfing.....but 8xs a bit 2 many xs...monitor closely.......poor ethan....I still can feel his fleshy cutie bak bak on me after carrying him.....he is a gd boy.....

Jaz,
HB shifting office n he bz with the systems......sms me ard 1am+ n still there....still didnt have a chance to speak to him last nite..........

Tat time he was relating hw we become parents then understd being parents not easy. That frenz of his is a born with silver spoon guy, rich with assets n own business.....BUT after his daughter's little illness n op....he totally has different outlook of life. Money, car, career, pubbling all is nowhere of priority than his bbgal. We were focusing on his changed outlook rather than the bbgal's not well..........

Little details i gathered frm the conversation is she vomited after feeds.....intestines (?) shallow...went for op...parents heartache.....now cherished her more than anything.....shd be all is well........

Dun be unduly alarmed by the story...maybe theirs is more complicated case. On mon nite, at compasspt's kiddy Palace, I saw one young mum squatting near the see-saw pl n fed the nb.....elder 1 playing there. My boy also playing there. I turned after hearing splashing sound. It was a pool of milk on the flr! The bb vomitted too.....the parents took it as very normal n just direct the maid to clean up while she changed the bb on the spot!

Hope everything is fine n getting better when Aloy is older..........But meanwhile, I will call PD/sinseh to give me assurance that he is fine.............

Shook,
Irony is in future when chen chen learning how to walk, he wants n insist to walk by himself. AFTER HE KNOWS HOW TO, HE WANTS n INSIST U TO CARRY! My friends of older kids tell me more to come.....2-4yrs old, still want to be carried! Ayoh........

Mummies,
Sometimes when I share my experiences with my older boy here, pls pardon n allow me...i know this supposed to be June/July threads.....dun boot me out here hor........hmmm........v v soon, time passes like rocket, our june/july bbs will be into that tods' phase too
happy.gif
......U all will find watever I shared here is so familiar....

jas, shook, hope ur bois get better soon.

hui32, renee looks so different now!! not very true tat bb growing gigi will hv running stools - i agree with sahm that tis bcause they like to put everything into thier mouth - hands,toys...etc so must keep them clean - otherwise dirt/germs/bacteria sure caused them tummyache mah....

val, back to work liao - so gd - i think u r the only one here with 3mths maternity leave!? no choice lah - these pantry ladies think they got the experience mah - normaly i quickly walk away after i finish my business there...boss looking for me...etc...otherwise yak yak yak non-stop...

ethan has join the flip club!! emily did u see for urself?? till today my parents keep saying jerald can flip but he still didnt flip for me to see....
sad.gif

mummies, dun congrats me abt jerald's gigi....my mum complaint her arms breaking liao - jerald is cranky whole day!!! his teeth is very visible when he open his mouth wide enough. but the poor boy is hurting even to take his bottle/pacificier?!?! unless he's sucking his own hands or he held them himself. the way he cried out, u know he's not pretending or throw tantrum...this type of cries is the cries similar after being jab...c oready so heartache....

he still drool alot...hv to put on a bid for him, otherwise will wet his own clothings....stools still very normal like before.

y'day he wayang way pass his bed time - sleep only at 10pm - normally he's in bed by 8.30, latest by 9.15. he's behaving like a 1day old bb - needs to be sai yang, comfort, cradle, carried, ...etc.

mummies...brace urself, train ur arms muscles b4 ur little ones start erupt their teeth...it very bad nitemare!!!

Hehe, Ian started flipping at 3.5months... from back to tummy... now keeps wanting to turn whenever the surface is firm... hard to wear clothes and change diapers... now waiting for him to learn to turn from tummy to back so that he can "save" himself when he gets tired propped up.

preparing to go across the island back to our own home now... hubby back last night... bought so many clothes for ian... mummy jealous!!

hello mummies,
tks
happy.gif
me n hubby alwy remind ourselves b thankful tat ashrel is so noisy n so loud cos he is healthy n strong.
looking at the list, ashrel DOB shd b 14/07/04 not 15.

pringles n sahm,
i tink many envy us as sahm, keke.. the journey is tough at tx but tks to all of u here, i alwy feel beta af reading the post n sharing w all.

sahm,
yup wen c those bb/kids who are so sick, as a mum, really feel heartache for them. will remind myself to b happy, mus learn fr u
happy.gif

foreverfriend,
ai yo, chen chen sick. i m sure he will recover v v soon w ur tlc.

jaz,
can undstd how u feel. hope aloysius is beta now. does the 'reflux' milk helps?

lyn,
jerald teething, tat's fast. u take a foto of his little pearly teeth n show us can (if u manage to). usually wen do bb strat teething? last tx old pple said is 9mth but i tink tat's history oreadi.

pringles,
desitin is gd. did u use the blue box (instead of white) one? wen ashrel has diarrhoea the other tx, his bkside was so red n little sore, pd said apply thick layer of desitin n it got much beta. is it just redness (nappy rash) or there is little spots appearing. if yes, u may need a cream for tat. try to air her bkside n change v often.

hui32,
ur girl has nice big eyes. lao sai, did u brg her c doc?

emily,
can u send me the fotos, including tat foto we took earlier? tks. i havnt figure out how to upload mine fr my hp. okie i'll write to u abt the flashcards.
ethan has diarrhoea.. he's a strong boy, sure to b okie v fast.

hi absolut,
din get to talk to u the other day, we catch up agn in our next gathering lah.

val,
randall seems to b the most 'solid' wt bb here, thou he is the di di. can undstd how the arms can really ache.

hi jul,
yeah, finally u coming bk to the west. wah! ian has lots of nice clothes fr US. u like pooh? i saw ian wearing tat n our changing mat is oso pooh.

dear mummies
tks for all the concern, aloysius is beta now.

skyblue
me will hang on there no matter wat happens, tks.

absolut & sahm
did bring him to c pd for his throwing up, gave him some medicine & somehow beta after tat. as aloysius has reflux problem think will not recover tat fast, probably will b beta as he grows older.
chinese sinseh gave him some medicine too, oso beta liao, but the problem is he dun drink milk. he has a record without milk for 12hrs, but yesterday he actually break his own record, "sigh"...

shook, emily & hui
really can understand ur anxiety & heartache when ur bbs r sick, hope they gets beta soon..
happy.gif

sahm
really appreciate tat u share ur hubby friend's gal story here.
happy.gif
somehow her case is abit related to aloysius but lucky for me is tat aloysius case is not tat complicated as her.
pls share ur experience here of ur older boy, we can learn frm ur experience too.
happy.gif

sanrio
the reflux milk really helps alot, din vomit tat often, is juz tat i dun understand y he refuse to drink milk.
sad.gif

lyn
wow, tat's fast, jerald has erupted teeth liao.
happy.gif

b4 tat, wat symtoms he has?
if i din remember wrongly, heard tat ur mum let jerald tried out some semi-solids b4 he turns 4 mths? so, did he eat? can he swallow? after eating, anything unusual about him? need to noe as i may introduce some rice cereal to aloysius soon if he continue refuse to drink milk.

mummies
anyone has any suggestions other than milk, wat else can i give aloysius to prevent him from hunger?

sanrio & absolut
me oso can't bear to cut botak his hair but when he's 1 mth old, we did trim his hair & find tat now it's growing unevenly. thinking....cutting him botak maybe will helps in growing his hair better. do u hv any advise on whether this will helps?

saniro, will try take a pix of his gigi - he loves to grin showing off his whites (if he's not cranky)?! last time pple got a saying 7mth sit 8mth crawl 9mth grow gigi - but a bit untrue leh??

Jaz, once he rches his 4mth mark my mum anxious fed him with the dumex rice samples - he refused!! i tasted it found it a bit bland - got a very strong milk taste (like HL Milk).

Went to carrefour last sunday - bought step 1 sweet potato n grape juice. hvnt tried the juice but the finished the sweet potatoes y'day!!

nothing unusual leh...stools other than slightly green-yellowish, drool a lot...nothing odd leh??

if u want to start solid for aloysius, start small amt first otherwise if he dun want very waste. dun b angry if he dun wan or cant finish, take time.

jaz,
i heard cutting botak somtx may result in uneven hair growth, ie. hav to go thru the patchy stage. the hair may grow patch by patch. i m not too sure. but his hair now is really nice leh..
12hr w'out milk, is it fr bedtx to next morning. if yes, shd b ok. or is it becos he is feeling a little discomfort (reflux?) hence din wan milk then.
i heard some bb 'wean off' (or drinking lesser) milk quite early. if u wan to introduce solid, start w plain rice cereal, can mix w milk.
nat let matt try rice cereal at abt 4mth, matt loves it.
dun b sad, i believe aloysius is growing well, look at him, so adorable n quite chubby n he is so alert too.
for me who has reflux for years, milk (b it fresh, hot, lactose free) is somethg i seldom take, give me discomfort af taking. i find porridge or teochew muam gd for me esp wen i got d prob. dun noe whether is the same for bb. wat did the doc/pd said?

lyn,
will love to c the foto. mus b mummy's rich intake of calcium wen preg?? w all the supplements, anmum, enfamama etc nowadays..
i read somewhere tat said mashed pumpkin is a gd source of food for weaning.

jaz, u can check out brands like heinz, gerber etc, some does not contain milk n is totally sugar free. otherwise, can try cook little bit of plain rice porridge

lyn, i'm sure u r glad u r not bfing.... ehheee... wonder if it will hurt if they grow teeth and still we bf...
happy.gif
No, my maid and sis saw him flip 4 times already and I have yet to see one... hopefully will see it tonight.

sanrio, will send u the pics tonight. Can u give me your e-mail again? Sorry I have deleted your e-mail address. My e-mail is [email protected]
Thanks.

Brenda, Shook, Hui and sahm, I hope all our bbs recover fast! I spoke to a doc about Ethan's diahorrea... coz I bf... he said no need to see doc coz Ethan too young for medicine.. so I should just continue to bf and monitor him. Important thing for diahorrea is that bb must be peeing. Or else is a sign of dehydration. If diahorrea still after many days and serious, then give half a pack of medicine... cannot remember what name she told me. So now I just cross finger and hope Ethan is well. I called home twice since I left for work, and till now Ethan still has not poo-poo... hmmmmm... maybe it is just a one-off incident. Just have to see...

Jaz, why are u worried that aloysius will be hungry?? Thought bbs don't need anything else but milk at this stage? Why is he refusing his milk? Are u bfing or formula feeding him? Don't cut his hair lah... I love it so much... so thick and nice just like yours... just even it a little lor...

sanrio, me jus as excited as u when his gigi starts growing!! will try to post by next monday. pumpkin is a gd choice when bb start to wean - i saw it in one of the bb show on CH8, sat. But the show ends oready.

emily - i presume u working too....*sign* we are nvr the ones who witness bb first this 1st that...oways must wait for others to tell us
sad.gif

jus got my salary 2day....bought a very cute blue bib for jerald...duno he likes or not...everything ard him is either blue or green?!?!

pringles. for NZ in Feb, I think you can just dress bb like in aircon room, with an additional cotton sweater just in case you go to some windier place like a hill or the beach. But layer the clothing so that if it's hot you can take it off. Don't forget the hat and sunblock.

absolut, Allison is almost 5 months now right? For Sarah, first I established more or less fixed nap times...I used to carry her til she fell asleep then put her into her crib. Then once she was used to the times, I did the usual naptime routine, except that I put her into her crib before she fell asleep. At first she would cry for quite long, up to 45 minutes. The first 2 days, I sat by her crib to watch what she did when she cried. This was so that I knew that those piercing/blood-curdling screams were really nothing. Thereafter, I would close the door and only check on her (without being seen) every 15 minutes. Must really try NOT to intervene if nothing seems wrong. Sarah would cry intermittently just as she fell asleep, with her head down and eyes closed. This could go on for 5 minutes or more. Nowadays, she knows she needs to sleep, and her cries are about 5-10 minutes only. Any longer, something might be bothering her.

Since Allison is already 5 months, she actually may cry a lot less. But it takes great self-control on our part. We're used to it already

wei...u all tok so fast...i very chuan...hard to catch up :p

Lyn,
Going back to work next wk. Pantry anuty stories were during my pregnancy. Nowadays my pay mostly contribute to Randall oso. I very scare I will spoilt him leh. But this mth, I spent mostly on my clothing. No clothes to wear to work. Damn jia lat. I cant fit into most of my clothes though I onli left ard 3kg to shed. Hip too big to fit into any of my skirt or pants. Bust line too big to button
sad.gif

Jaz,
Randall hair oso drop tats y I shaved his hair. My mum said, if dun shave, his hair will be uneven.

Hope all the bbies tat got sick recover soon and bbies tat r ok, stay healthy.

Hi Absolut, u r absolutely rite! Now that u mention, I do find that your hubby look v familiar...u 2 from SB1 or SB6/7? And somehow, I have this impression of your hubby in Fairfield SS uniform...hmmm...

Oh dear, more sick babies....hope that all illness stay away from sick babies!

PVL, I am really tempted to use the cry it out method....her sleeping patterns are killing me these days...dunno how to go back to work like tat....

Emily, got ur pictures! Thanks a lot!

Shook,
How's chen chen today? Went loitering just now....heed ur advice...bot yogult n eating now.

Jaz,
U v sweet girl...........1 thing did u tell the sinseh aloy is on ang mo medicine? scare 'clashed'.......no gd lah...aloys take chinese n ang mo med at same time.

Aloy's hair is nice.......dun cut botak lah....his hair alot....a trim shd do the wonder...c how 1st....if not then shave botak. dun botak straight away..........

JUl,
u missed my earlier posting? Saw Ian's foto....averaged sized boy...look like u more? v round head n v boyish..........n u matches his bib with his baju! Wow, reunited wz hb liao ah.....off to ur home sweet home finally! So nice.....

Hi absolut, ya, think we din talk, i also missed out ur bb. Actually i also missed out other mummies and their bb too. Hope in the next gathering, can get to know other mummies more. BTW, 27th I also cannot make it...

Hi, a lot of babies got diahorrea hor, think mine and giggler's girl got constipation. Mine, few days didn't poo liao, not sure if giggler's vane recover liao anot.

Talking abt holidays, i'm going cruise tmr, without my girl, think i will definitely miss her. But its a break for me and hubby lor, hope can really relax.

Jas, can understand how u feel, my elyse also drinking lesser milk. Think she is the most petite size among all. U giving BM or FM? I have supplement one FM feed, cos supply has dropped. Think will introduce rice cereal next week, just hope that she will like it. Mayb u can try supplement FM or cereal for aloysius.

And mummies who been dropping hairs, have to really take care of your scalp. I have been dropping my hair since 3rd mth, tot its normal and din really care abt it, till one fine day, pp starts noticing my "near baldness" and start concerning. Then i realised its "very very serious", cos we can't really see our scalp ourselves. And its very stressful.
I have went to see 2 doctor liao, both says its due to hormone, give me some lotion/tonic to apply, but no effect yet.
Then yesterday, finally decided to cut my hair short and do a scalp treatment. Today, discover that hair drop lesser, dun know if becos of the scalp treatmt, short hair or becos yest during treatmt, have already finish dropping all the weak hair. So, pls take care and monitor ur hair loss.

val, so gd u got only 3kg more to get rid!! me still trying hard cos i jus stop bfg - now i express jus before i go to bed. the last time i went for a shopping spree with my salary was i think last yr b4 i know i was preg - after tat hlf went to jerald's stuff....now pratically 70% of the spendings are on him!!!untill my hb n mum thread to confiscate my earnings!!!
happy.gif

4get abt pulling up ur pants!!! in my case - jus b4 i go back to work i still managed to put on my skirt but with slight tummy - as for pants - DUNT EVEN BOTHER TO TRY - SOME EVEN GANA STUCK AT KNEE!!!

kis, does cutting short the hair helps?? i notice mine starts when bb ard 3mth, now, worse!! even i used those special shampoo oso no use?!? dare not touch my hair unnecessary now!! one simple flip oso will caused a few strands to drop....sooner or later i can gang up with jerald liao - cos he jus shaved his!!

Kis....
Ya.....cant agree more with your sharing.....tot i am quite tall n safe but 1 day, this young blunt tall chap (my frenz) yelled 'AYoh....u r balding up there!'................

Think for this period of hormone imbalance, it is better to keep short hair....not so draggy heavy, drop lesser? later maybe after the 6th mth, then slowly keep long hair again.....

Every1 of us all think our bb is small n petite. Dun think ur elyse is smallest leh.......

Kis, cruise on board is quite slow-paced. Many pple told me super boring but i found it rather relaxing. Take ur swim suit or bikini along....go for the 'jacuzzi' at the deck...shiok. Other than that.....eat eat eat..........the chinese restaurant serves rather nice dishes but big serving....long q too.

I was 5th mth preg....so i found the porridge with those canned veg.....ikan nilis....etc so gd n delicious then...silly me! Hb n i woke up ard 5+am to catch the sunrise.......beautiful. Watching the sea at nite was quite uncalmed feeling to me (we took the balcony rm, so always stand by the balcony n watch the sea)..........sun bathing n enjoying the breeze during the day was really unwinding. Gd experience but i probably wont go back again 'cos not cheap n too slow paced n boring for my hb......

Anyway...do enjoy.......shared with u something...I went without my older son too. B4 going to harbourfront, sent my son to MIL's pl....cried till my eyes like goldfish. MIL said 'u not feeling well ah.....go cruise how?'! When on board, saw many families with bbs, n kind of regret not bringing him there!
happy.gif

Jul

13th Nov is the confirmed date for next gathering? May I know which area do u stay?

Shook

I started using cloth nappy for Alicia today as well as air her bottom. Wah,....in just within 2 hrs already dirtied 3 nappies....thk God my PT cleaner help to wash her stuff today....can't imagine everyday busy washing all her soiled nappies....

Sanrio

Alicia's rashes are little red spots at groin area but not buttock. Now that I stopped using wet wipes, redness has subsided. Thks for the advice. She still sleeps on tummy but when she sleeps with buttock in mid-air, I don't mind it cause it airs her butt a little more..
happy.gif

Back