(2004/06) June/July 2004 Babies

brenda, Jay's PD at Toa Payoh? Mark driving you there?

pringles, yup saw the Sebamed at Robinsons yday too. So only need small drop? Cos I find it very ex at more than $10.

sanrio, thanks... You spend quite alot on Ash's toiletries and food hor?

QSG, thanks...

Eureka,
Pressure or Pleasure? Hmmm...
I guess I should make an appearance in one of those coming gatherings, so that you can put a face on the postings...LOL

Giggler,
Vane has lovely hair. Alicia's hair is thin, and I am hoping that her hair can grow thicker, and longer soon. She also perspires a lot during playtime. What shampoo is suitable for this type of hair?

Hi Mummies
Wow, I can't catch up on the reading...

brenda
Hair dropping - wl drop till after six months or so loh. Mine hardly drops now...

PD at Toa Payoh? At my territory leh...

viv
Shopping - yah, so deprived hor. I sneaked out on Sunday when jesse slept... can't really stroll, just chop chop, buy and pay...

So u are back to full-time job soon?

sanrio
Pek chek - not easy... I always mutter in my brain 'ren ren' when I am back home after work with jesse and julien and chara. Does not help that he wl sometimes smack them or snatch their things, or he will sit on his car and bang them ... end up kena scolded or spanked by me .. till that day I raised my voice at him and he told me 'Mummy, don't shout!'

eureka
U 'freer' these days.. haha... no more loss of words???
2 kids down with u alone.. no joke man....

giggler
Vane has split ends ? so young have that???

<font color="0000ff">Mummies with gals</font>
Do u recall what do 1 year-olds play with?

giggler
Hey are u the next to deliver?

I just noticed that u and I joined the forum at the same month/year... hehe

a's daddy
Looks like the mummies wanna c ur lu shan zhen mian mu...

QSG
Looks like u ain't hving an easy time with sleep training. It's a phobia for me too. My hb used to train them to sleep at nite: the 5min, 10min, 15min left to cry method. Phew! That's over now. After their milk, they KO liao.
U persevere, and hang in there hor.

A's dad, hahaha... you asked the wrong person leh. I'm also looking for suitable shampoo for Vane. LOL

styloBB, same here lor... Vane also always kenna scolded by me, trying hard not to smack her lah. She likes to snatch things from my niece, beat her, pull her hair,etc. I cant believe that so young can have split ends too. Oh yah, both joined Sep 03. hehehe.... One yr old likes to play with phones? Me gg to deliver next Feb but have not cfm date for my c-section yet.

Stylobb, can't remember what Dana plays with at 1 year old. Nowadays memory not as good think due to pregnancy and delivery.

Mummies, what is your stand on pulling ears as punishment for tods?or when they do not listen to instrusctions?

giggler
Phones ah? Ok. Thanks. Looks I hv to buy new phones, jesse won't share his toys... nowadays I find Robinson's has such limited range of toys..

I rmbr when I discovered I had split ends last time, I was horrified...

qsg
Hehe... forgot ah.. o dear.

U mean ask the tod to pull ears? No lah, I don't do that. I doubt they will understand why they hv to do it. Stimes jesse does not listen, I wl go down to his eye level and repeat the thing and asks him if he knows what I am saying, and explain to him the reason. But I do raise my voice at him.

StyloBB,
Alicia played with phones too when she was 1YO. One was like a soft toy and emitted sounds when pressed, and another one from Fisherprice, with talking numbers, and sounds of animals.

QSG,
Pulling ears? No, No.
The ear drums are sensitive, and over exerting it will probably hurt it.

Giggler,
Opps, wrong person. Anyone can advise?

Hello Stylobb,
I only remember they biting n stuffing things into their mouth at tat age issit? Legend liao leh!
happy.gif

Giggler,
HAHHAHAHAHH.....TELEPATHY leh! Cos I have the EXACT sentiment on that remark u made to sanrio! She really invests alot on ash....organic n goat's extract. But Ash has beautiful n soft hair, can try that shampoo leh!

Huh?? Certainly all bbs different temperament, bearing different sequence but tot keypt is the fixed routine of the sequence?

Oh dear, that is peculiar, regular trimming still have spilt end? do u all or ah ma always tie up her hair tight tight?

Alicia's Daddy,
Dun be pressurized. I dun want to envy your wife so i tell myself u must be not suave at all since u are homely, sweet hb n fatherly. hahahahhaha, god is fair mah!

Kidding lah........

Brenda/Bearbitt,
I LUV the SUN!!!!!!!!! DETEST the wet weather to the core!

Brenda,
I can visualise Jem doing that n u feeling so heartwarming! Hey, soon when u see Jayden n Jerome playing together n conversing so cutely, u surely will WILL Will dun know wat to say! hahahah.....gd relief for u then! Their laughter really leh.....

But when they fight...oh mine!
happy.gif
Thot i can discipline my kids to not behaving like typical kids...cannot leh! So whatever pple share abt young kids behaviour hor, ALL TRUE ah! I surrender! eg, toys lay there no one play, 1 touch the other snatch! another eg, luv to 'report' abt the other misbehaviour leh!etc etc!

eureka
What if a's daddy turns out to be suave? Then u dui liao loh...haha

Things found in julien's mouth? Tissue, sharp plastic bits, tiny toy helmet, paper.. nearly a bb lizard had not my maid saw and stopped her!!!

Stimes after reading that all the mummies also 'behave' like that (getting angry, scolding), I dun feel so bad.. haha..

a's daddy
Those toys u and giggler mention, I have leh...

giggler
Chara uses Isoderm, but I am not sure if it is also a shampoo. I'll try to check tonite.

Eureka,
LOL at your comments. You are probably right...LOL

StyloBB,
"Qing ren yen li chu Xi Si", I am sure in Eureka's eyes, her hb is the most suave one :)

stylobb, I can rem cos my niece abt 18mths. Hahaha.... Never heard of Isoderm.

eureka, ya ya... abt 1yo, likes to put things into their mouths.
happy.gif
You also think so abt sanrio? Hahaha... wise men thinks alike. LOL... Vane doesnt like anything on her hair so we dont tie her hair leh.
sad.gif
Think I'll try Loreal pdts first, cheaper and easily avail. Both Vane and my niece behave the same lor... toys lay there no one touch, 1 touch the other snatch. LOL... so they're normal hor?

a's daddy
I'm just teasing eureka lah...

giggler
I think the only way now is to trim off the spilt ends, after that, use a good shampoo and conditioner...

Stylobb, someting along that line. Last nite Dana refused to sleep when it is already very late while i was busy feeding Evee in the room. We told her repeatedly to go back her room but she didn't and hubby drag her out by pulling her ear lor..i was shock to see that.

Ayoh Stylobb,
U nvr read abt whole block of neighbours can hear any mum screaming away?? Nvr heard abt the need to shift house, no image liao for screaming at our kids??

Bet with u, i have seen much worst off mums in the public. I came back n keep telling my hb how 'ok' i am with our kids liao! hahahahah....

Correct rite? stuffing things into mouth at this age hor? bb lizard, pls, dun let julien fate be like me hor! When i was young, i lied dn to read n i pressed one bb lizard dead n FLAT dead u know! Then nowadays I spot bb lizards lingering ard me n they are machiam coming back to get even with me leh!

A's Dad,
Hahah, ur nick too lengthy! Stylobb version i like! Further improvise here!

NO NO, i dun buy 'qing ren yen li chu xi si'! Who can u deceive by telling pple ur loved ones are best looking etc?? Physically, everyone got eyes to see leh.

Just now a thot flashed into my mind. Skarli u are a colleague of someone here or colleague of our hbs! hahahhaha

Giggler,
I will opt for sebamed leh. Yes, trim off 1st then use another shampoo!

YES, TOO NORMAL liao leh!
happy.gif
My will add on 'I DUN WANT to TALK 2u, I DUN LUV YOU!'

qsg
Alamak...me also guilty cos I just did it for the first time last nite! It was a soft thug but imdtly I felt so bad, so stopped.. cos he was running to the maid's room, jumped on the bed while maid was cleaning the girls. Told him repeatedly not to do it but he still did.. reminded myself NEVER to do it again..
I thot u mean like stand in corner and pull ears kind...

eureka
Haha... must ren and ren... stimes ren until heart palpitates leh...

lizard - so grotesque.. er.. how did u get rid of it ah?? I think I would hv fainted ...

Ur version 2 is better than mine...A's Dad..haha.

eureka,
When I had no children, I love the rainy season, so dat can sleep n sleep. So shiok. Now with kids, i much rather prefer sunny weather. At least go out is easier.

brendaaaaaaaaaaa,
Hehehehe...yalor, sky blue blue then pop, u see me. Hahaha... ;p U mean Jem won't wanna sit in the walker? Kieran will hop into the walker and 'roll' himself away b4 we can even place Kayden in it. When kayden finally has chance to be in it, Kieran will fiddle with the toys attached to the walker. This is still okie. Worst is when he wants to 'push' Kayden around the house. OMG!!! So to prevent any accidents from happening, we'll bring Kayden out, then this bb will kick n thrash ard, like buay kay yian. Buay tahan the 2 of them at times. ;p

QSG,
U referring to child pulling their own ears or adult pull their ears. If u're referring to the former, IMO, i tink it all depends on whether ear pulling serves any purpose. As for the latter, it may damage the ear drums.

styloBB, most prob I'll cut Vane's hair short and change shampoo &amp; conditioner.

eureka, why Sebamed? My niece cant really talk in sentence now, give them another 2-3mths then I'll tell you if they'll say the same things as your kids.
happy.gif
I typed A's dad first leh...

So happy to have this forum... at least all of you assured me that I'm normal to shout and scream at Vane stimes. LOL

Giggler/StyloBB,
hahaha... Jay's GP is at Toa Payoh Lor 8... Used to be mine and Jem's too. I'm drooling just by thinking of going there to hv dinner at Ocean soon...hahahah

Giggler,
yah... mark's picking us up

Eureka,
hahahah... my time will come!

u make me LOL w the lizard thingy!!!

Giggler,
wat happen to Vane's hair? Split end??
I like Loreal, cheap and gd. At least for Janelle's hair.

StyloBB,
Jem do exactly the same.. jumping on the bed when Jay's arnd.
sad.gif

Skyblue,
erm.. actually hb n i not keen on walker. We bought it only becos it was 10bucks, can provide another spot for Jay. So we actually use the stoppers on the walker to make it stationary.

Jem sits on it too... mebbe cos we din get one for him before. but when he's out, he's okay w me putting Jay in leh.

Mummies,
U all say say only, what shout n scream. IF now have a gathering, all act cool n coy, dun dare shout one! hahahhahahah......

Giggler,
Sebamed can buy at more places lor.....Tg Pagar plaza there got one shop selling at lower price.

A's dad.....hahahahha....skim thru nvr realise leh. u so kiang, we think alike again hor?? hehehhe

Brenda,
Ocean food not nice anymore, over-rated!

Skyblue, i am referring to adult pulling the ears of the tods.

Stylobb, wah, you also did that ah? Maybe the tods really get on our nerves sometimes that we felt desperate.

Eureka
Where else sells sebamed at better price? Share with me pls.
I'm the opposite, i love the occasional heavy rain like yesterday's
happy.gif
.....so nice for sleeping

A's dad
My Alicia also has very fine hair. IMO, i feel mild shampoos that do not strip moisture would be better for their scalps. Someone told me that applying martell helps to stimulate hair growth...i've yet to try:p

QSG
I also feel adult pulling tod by the ear isn't a gd idea.

Giggler
Yes, of coz you're not alone having shouted at vane or raising voice at her. Disciplining our tods is indeed a challenge. I'm still thinking if i will ever get a cane at home:p

Stylobb and Brenda
Alicia also loves to jump on bed. Think if someone rents one of those inflated platforms or castle thingy in a gathering,can imagine our tods will all rush to jump to their hearts' content!
crazy.gif

giggler,
i m v gulity of raising my voice at ash too. like wat stylobb said, somtx af doing tat, i sat down n felt my heart beating v fast, stressed man...

giggler, eureka,
no choice leh. hubby oso witnessed ash developed rashes n scratch till red evytx af he had shower. so we alwy bathe him using warm water tat is 'not warm' at all. so hubby 'willingly' invest in beta pdts (tat i sourced) 4 ash loh. pd said ash's skin sensitive n nid to diligently moisturised n use hydrocort wen necessary. but i dun like hydrocort on his face n skin so often leh so rather treat d root of d prob by avoiding d likely allergens.
as for organic, hubby will buy for ash as long as ash is willing to eat n it's not too ex.

Eureka,
YAH!!! Ocean's food doesn't look yummy anymore so in the end we din have it. And generally the food at the food centre also standard drop.. so disappointing.

RE :Sunny/Rainy days

I love the SUN!!! can have so much fun outside especially at the beach... n the comfort of swimming. But with the two kids now, i'm stuck indoor.

I love the heavy downpour too!! cos it so cosy too snuggle under the blankie and zzz away. But my 2 Js wun let me have such luxury.....

SOOO now i love everyday!!! cos rain or shine.. its the same!

Morning mummies
V pek chek today...

giggler
I checked my gals' Isoderm, salah, it's for bathing only. But my gals use the Mothercare Conditioning Shampoo.. I find it v good.

eureka
I love the rain leh, and the weather is so cool.. but not the flooding lah...

brenda/pringles/sanrio
I think they wl enjoy the inflated platform. Pls..pls.. tell them to go and deplete some of their energy...
Stimes macham like deaf like that, say from normal voice to raised voice also like that...
Recently I did think of getting a cane but so far still resisted... cos don't want to cane leh.

sanrio
But if he keeps eating those organic stuff, won't it then not help in building up his immunity?? Just wondering....

qsg
Yah only that one time. I tell myself I won't do it again. I was really fed up...

brenda/eureka
I think Ocean not bad leh. I like the cockles (but hardly eat now), mei ren yu (crispy fish) and the fish head cury.

brenda
Not only jump.. when the sister is sitting on the floor, he wl drive his car v near to her, narrowly missing her fingers!!! When the three are playing, the one to watch is jesse, not the gals! Haiz...

skyblue
Did u post ur boy's pic here??

QSG
Cry to sleep method should be like what styloBB said, leave to cry for 5 mins, then go pat, then 10 mins, then 15 mins, 15 mins, 15mins till sleep.
the next time, first time round is 10 mins, then 15, 20, 20, 20. next day i think start with 15 mins. usually by 3rd day, will be trained liao, but when we did that, dany and I were under our blanket holding hands and worrying silly that we were damaging adan....so you have to be mentally prepared for the emotional rollercoaster!

brenda, hahaha... good that you so positive to enjoy everyday!!!

hong, Jan is ok with Loreal? Think I'll get to try first since it's lots cheaper.

eureka, told my hb abt Sebamed shampoo and its pricing, he asked why must spend so much on Vane's shampoo huh? Think I'll try Loreal first since it's much cheaper. Hahaha...... we wise men so think alike lor. LOL

pringles, I tried applying martell on Vane's hair when she was few mths old, it did help but think I didnt apply evenly so only the center part got hair growth. LOL.... I changed to applying olive oil till now. Cane is losing effect on Vane liao.
sad.gif

sanrio, stimes their actions really get on our nerves hor? I'm trying my very best to control now cos Pigletz told me that Vane may imitate my actions lor. That is, she'll in turn shout/scream if she not happy. Ash got sensitive skin? Actually Vane also got sensitive skin but not as bad lah. I apply aqeous cream on her body after bath.

styloBB, why pek chek??? It's Thu today and after tom, it's the long weekend liao....
happy.gif

ava
Haha...hb/I did that to jesse too (the under the blanket thingy).. felt so terok... haiz.... but training for the girls was not that bad... Anyway I'm GLAD it's all over now...!!!

giggler
Cos jesse pushed chara and the poor girl fell backwards... and this time my tears of frustration appeared... so I smacked him cos I hv warned him many many times not to push her. My mum said she just turned around for less than a min. and it happened..
My office is closed for half day tomorrow... I go out w/ hb..

giggler
Then of course chara cried but tkfully she stopped quite fast. We told him to apologise but u see, this innocent boy can say "I apologise to Mummy first. Then Chara." Rollercoaster feeling for me man!!!

styloBB, aiyo... really dun know to cry or laugh with Jesse's actions leh. It's wrong to push meimei but he's so sweet towards you. sigh.......

Here are some books that mommies have recommended to me at one time or another last time -

"The No-Cry Sleep solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. I never got the chance to read it, but you may wish to check it out for mommies with bb's sleeping through problem.

There's also of course the famous "Solve your child's sleep problems" by Richard Ferber, founder of the Ferber mtd.

A milder version of the Ferber method is "Sleeping Through the Night" by Jodi Mindell.

There's also "HEalthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth

Plenty more on the shelves. For me? In the end, I'm using the family bed method, up till now. That's why still only 1 child!
happy.gif

Shampoo - Maybe you can try Olive Oil? I did it for Teddy for about 5 months when he had really bad cradle cap in the beginning and practically went bald, and I think it really helped the hair to grow. It could help to increase the volume of the hair.

Giggler, theoretically, olive oil should help to keep in moisture too, but Vane still gets split ends? Then I guess must regularly trim off the ends to maintain, as eureka suggested.

Ruffy, thanks for the explanation. So Roy's tongue tie problem has been corrected? How's Ryan reacting to his new di-di?

It's almost Christmas! Merry Christmas, everyone!

giggler
Of course I swallowed my anger/frustration and said 'ok.' cos that's the rule mah, if the person apologises, then we shud accept. I dun want him to think next time that no point apologising since it's not accepted.

I know we are supposed to enjoy them and see the cute and nice things they do, but when the horrible things they do appear, really overshadow the good things.

giggler
Jana's using mustela shampoo, mild and have a nice frangrant. so far no spilt ends on her hair yet.

ruffy
can try lavish dine catering. haven't try their high tea yet but their lunch/dinner is nice.

stylobb
Jana's also into jumping on the bed and also into hugging Jamie on the bed and then fall backwards n pull Jamie together with her, funny thing is Jamie doesn't seem to mind the rough play.
But during bath time, Jamie will then take revenge and pull n pinch Jana's nipple!

I just talked to my boss and will be having a new work arrangement in Jan, I'll switch back to full-time but will take half day leave everyday, so will work half day for the next 2-3mths.

eureka
I LUV the RAIN!!! my house is north-south facing n the breeze coming in from the balcony at this time of the year is so strong and chilly we need to make the girls wear their thick sweater, i wish for such cool weather all yr round! DETEST the sunny weather to the core, *vain mode on*... the heat no gd for my freckles lah and also where got mummy shout during gathering one? all got image to maintain leh...and must appear that we are all cool n in control! hahaha...

pringles
thanks for the doc recommendation. I heard abt the martell thingy too? u trying? u know how to apply?

Morning mummies,
Littlebear,
Yeah. Roy's tongue tie problem has been corrected. Ryan is having this love/ act as baby relationship with his Didi.. today woke up too late to go to school so declared a "holiday" for himself... try to put him in underwear and he insisted on wearing diapers coz didi wears diapers..didn't want to fuss too much with him so let him be.. later will try again. He just went supermarket shopping with Ah Ma..so left with Roy at home. (who is sleeping)...so get some rest. Both of them are night owls.. sleep at 12pm again last night.. duh.. pick up HB bad habits.. His excuse..didi not sleeping yet.. I dun need to sleep etc etc... hope to change Roy's sleep patterns so both go to bed earlier.
happy.gif

Doing up his invitation card to his 1st mth celebration party now.
happy.gif

bearbitt, ya lor... wonder why applied olive oil but still got split ends.

styloBB, I understand what you mean. Stimes you just cant believe that how come your kid can behave so badly hor? I ever experienced that too... so frustrated with Vane that my tears just rolled down, in the end, Vane came to hug me and both of us cried together. Thinking back, I find it so funny now. LOL

Viv, mustela got shampoo too? Think Robinson's carry them hor? I got lots of freckles for this preg leh, got any cure or not?

Re: Shouting mummies
I cant imagine our gathering with shouting mummies and naughty todds leh. LOL

Ruffy,
dun stress urself on Ryan when u are in confinement. Just enjoyed the 1 month rest.

giggler,
Loreal has conditional for kids too.. Vain mummy got one for Janelle. hee hee..
The shampoo has fruity smell, so can ask Vane which one she likes.

Viv,
Both gers love to play together. That will be a very gd sight. I saw an ex-collick and his family at Parkway the other day. The one having a daughter.

Julian dun really like Janelle kiss him. May be her hair always irriated his eyes.

giggler
yep, mustela got 2 types of shampoo, the foam type for New Born which Jamie is using, and the baby shampoo which Jana is using. Yes, can get them from robinsons, but funny thing is sometimes there's no discount during the sale period, so when there's 20% off, i usually stock up.

freckles ah.... so sad hor...such a big sacrifice for our bbs! according to my dermatologist, the only way is laser + inject vit corktails into the face. heat worsen them, so avoid sun n sauna.

hong
yah, lucky both girls seems to enjoy each other's company. Jana would even offer the last piece of Gerber veggie puff to Jamie. my sisters just got them a little tikes car for xmas present and Jana will ask us to put Jamie into the car too.

Ruffy,
Roy look quite dark in the picture.

viv,
So sweet of Jana. Julian always gives the "Leave me alone" kind of expression when Janelle trys to kiss him. hahaha..

Eureka, StyloBB,
I think I will stay with my current Nick, as all of you know me by this nick.

Eureka,
Aiya, we think a like, so compatible..LOL
If I really suave, you must tui liao...like what SyloBB said...LOL...just kidding :p

Pringles,
What is the brand of shampoo your Alicia is using?

giggler,
yes somedays ash really gets on my nerves but sometx he can b so 'sweet' towards me. i can c v 'obviously' tat he loves n 'saiyang' mummy more than daddy. haha, hubby v jealous. so i told hubby, u shd try to b a sahd for a short while n get a 'taste' of it, keke..

Hi Mummies,

I just LOL at the shouting mummies at gathering. Aiyoh Eureka, at gatherings cannot shout, but must give the "go home then you know" killer stare!!!! Hahahaha!

Tyra uses sebamed shampoo, but I didn't realise that only a few drops needed... I usually pour quite a lot cos I love that smell.... Which shop in TP sell it cheaper? Quick, tell me...

All these talk about organic, sleep training blah blah blah, I just wonder, how did our parents managed in the past? But I guess the kids are really different these days, we are more "gong" back then...

I LOVE rainy weather...LOVE IT!

Merry Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Oh, I forgot to comment on one thing...

QSG, I don't like the idea of pulling a todd's ear... How do you like it if someone more superior, (e.g your mum or your boss) pulls you by the ear?

hong, does Loreal has 2-in-1 shampoo + conditioner? Hehehe... me lazy mummy lah.

Viv, is Mustela shampoo ex? Hb doesnt want to spend too much on Vane's toiletries leh. So happy to see both gals playing together hor? So you got to incur no-pay leave since you taking half-day leave for the next 2-3mths?

sanrio, same here... I can feel that Vane cares the most for me. She'll def ask if I'm ok even if I choke. Hahaha

hazey, hahaha... think Pigletz is the expert with the killer stare. LOL.... You free to join Ava &amp; I for lunch on 26 Dec?

Back