(2002) Any 2002 babies?

Pin don't worry I believe ur gal will do well. Sometimes I was thinking to myself it can be quite stressful for my gal to be in the best class as all the good ones being group together. To me so long she has a strong foundation, maintain her standard and progress up to p3 smoothly...

Star,
My #2 is a boy. When I teach him compre, he always say don't know how to do. If not, he will just scibble any answer down. So now I go through the compre questions with him once so that he will roughly know how to answer. Exam paper - I bought the full set at $30+ per subject.

Mummies,
Yesterday, the teacher called to complain that my boy is inattentive in class and he even quarelled with the teacher when she tries to punish him. Does anyone has a solution or suggestions? I have been receiving these complaints. Nag and scold him but the effect only last for a week. Sigh...desperate already.

Hi Maisy Daisy
Think u have to find out from ur boy why is he inattentive during lesson ? Is it kind of boring or he already knew how to do it.... Guess teacher plays an impt role in teaching... How to make their lesson interesting in order to capture the children attention and the teacher must be encouraging in order to motivate them to do better.

jolene, Pin

My dd's school doesn't believe in streaming.
I think streaming has its merits, teachers can teach at the appropriate level if the whole class is of similar standard

maisy

My dd's form teacher complained about my dd too, said she continues reading storybooks during lesson time. I told my dd must show respect to teacher, at least look like she's listening even though she's day dreaming. Hopefully P3 onwards lesson will be more interesting with additional subject that's completely new

Hi yawnyawn
My gal sch also don't hv streaming but they will still segregate the good ones in the best class average ones in normal class and so on in order to make the teaching easier...My gal second mock exam for math she score 92 & English 58/65 hope she can maintain it for her SA2

Hi star
Yes she does has tuition....coz we always end up fighting and get angry with each other so I decided to outsource. She is quite alrite with her studies but I am kiasu cos I believe in giving her a strong foundation so that she won't struggle when she progress to upper level

Jolene, yawn
Yeah i seldom heard school got streaming in P2, but streaming is good so the teacher can teach more easily as the student in class is all at the same pace. I never expect her to go to the best class, as i notice some of the students score very high score even got full marks.

hi jolene

Which tuition center u send ? Worth it that
you can see result. Yes, i agreed that strong
foundation is important. I also kaisu send my gal for chinese when she was N2 she is very good in her Chinese. Sometime words I can't read and yet she can teach me.

hi

anyone can help me how to solve this question.

The numbers in the box below are arranged in a special pattern. Find the missing number in the box.

19 , 16 , 3
14 , ? , 2
5 , 4 , 1

The missing number is ______ ?

Hi Star
I think missing number should be 12.
Difference between 19 and 16 is 3
the last one is difference between 5 and 4 is 1
so difference between 14 and ? will be 2 thus ? = 12

Hi anyone considering to join Discovery vacation camp organised by Dr Seet ai mee? Trying to see if can get 5 kids to entitle 10pc discount. According to the organizer, the kids need not be attending the same session so we can register on our own as long as we inform them we register as a group. If keen, can PM me. Hope to register this week or next week cos there is a quota.

Hi mummies,
Can ask if any kid got back their ICPAS results? My gal has a credit for the result. There was a remark that she is within 22% percentile for P2 cohort. Not sure what it means by "credit". Heard that some kids got distinction.

Jolene, yawn,
My boy is v active so he is always moving. The teacher commented that he falls off the chair on average once a day or up to 3 times a day. Other times, he will remove his shoes, play w his stationery. When I talk to him nicely, he will throw tantrum and refuse to discuss further. His teacher has to call my dd from another class over to ask her tell us. Even my dd's classmates know him. Sigh.. Duno what to do. In terms of result, his English is weaker but maths and chinese is band 1 standard. If he puts in more effort, he could do better. Now I just pray hard he will be kwai kwai till year end. No more complaints can liao.

My gal did both maths and english but so far only received english.

star,
another way is :
1+2=3
5+14=19
so 4+12=16

maisy,
my gal got credit for her ICAS maths. she said she couldnt finish de paper. some of her classmates got distinctions n high distinctions. tink de remark meant dat yr gal's score was in the top 22% of P2 participants in s'pore.

Star, the answer i think is 12 too!

19 = 16 + 3
14 = 12 + 2
5 = 4 + 1

Check vertical down is
19-14 = 5
16-12=4
3-2=1

Yawn, wah high distinctions! COOL. MyDs only sit for Computer, Math and English. Computer - Credit while the other 2 distinctions. Somehow not all DS classmates participated, so I guess it might not be representive enough to guage. Just take it as a form of exercise.

wa yawn yawn and JustJazz, congrats!

my ds only sit for Computer as their sch only offers that - got credit.

Thanks mommies!

maisy

She loves to read. Last Fri I bought many books from MPH expo sales. I think she had devoured at least 4 or 5 the last few days. The moment I stepped away to cook or do laundry, she will be reading. Cannot leave her alone to revise independently for a single second. I ordered 35 books online which arrived today, much earlier than expected. So now she's exhilarated with her fresh supply of new story books.

Besides those new books, already have hundred of books at home. Hence very hard to ask her to do assessment books since she can't stop reading. But I managed to bug her to do at least 1 or 2 pages each day since no school these few days. After that, she can read lor

yawn yawn,
what do you do with the books that she has already read?
i find buying books a bit unjustified cos my boy seldom re-read his books.

jolene
I bought the entire horrible science series and a couple of novels

fz
she reads over and over again so quite worth lor. Problem is those books she had outgrown eg. ladybird series & her almost brand new kindy readers, I don't know what to do with those books. I tried to post online to sell but response not very ideal. I wanted to donate to CDAC but they said they have too many books. So my mom said keep for my brother's future baby
rofl.gif

yawn,
which website did u buy de horrible science series from? i remember i bought my nephew's history series fm a uk website.

u can donate de bks to TOUCH. they'll re-sell cheap to raise funds.

Hi mommies,

Glad to hear that most of your kids love reading. My kids not seem to like reading story ooks, only the young scientist magazine at times. Haizzzz....

hothotmum,
my boy does not like reading. he only reads selective genre. even his young scientist, and stilton books, he only read once. i gave up buying books for him and now goes to the library every week.

jh
thanks for the tips! I just hauled my 21" TV to salvation army. At least now I have another avenue to drop off things in good condition

which uk website did you order from? I usually order from bookdepository because free delivery. But horrible science box set has been out of stock for months so I ordered from scholastic this time round. Hefty shipping charges but still cheaper than buying loosely locally

hothotmum, fz
my kids love young scientists too. Have one huge stack at home. But I wonder whether we should continue to subscribe. Not sure if young scientists 'recycle' information from prior years editions. I just received its subscrption form for next year $54 for 10 edition + 1 bonus issue

mummies,
today while going thru the english file with my son, i wanted to go thru his exam spelling list as i thought that maybe that will be used in the 'Spelling-editing' section; then my boy told me that he already had spelling exam last monday!! when he told me on Sunday that he having spelling, i thought the spelling was a revision run for the exam spelling-editing section, so we only quickly ran thru it once.
haiz! he still can laugh when i told him that i have no idea that that spelling day is the actual exam spelling day...-__- i hope that he misunderstood the teachers and that that is only a revision...

maisy

Have you checked out RG Channel? Intend to enrol?

Confirmed dropping Maths. Will try to coach her personally the next few months.
My dd said she has no confidence in mama maths hub
lol.gif

Hihi mummies,
My boy is a 02 baby. :) been to this thread many many years ago, but 'disappeared' for quite sometime.
Heehee, anyone sending child for holiday course? :)

Hi mummies
All the best to the kids who are taking their paper tomorrow.....Jia you! I stop all my revision and let my gal rest & relax since yesterday. I do not want to overload her ;)

Ssmummy,
I'm signing up discovery vacation camp, science camp by Dr Seet Ai mee. Was asking around if any one is keen. Need 1 more to get group discount. If you keen let me know.

Ssmummy,
I'm signing up discovery vacation camp, science camp by Dr Seet Ai mee. Was asking around if any one is keen. Need 1 more to get group discount. If you keen let me know.

Yawn,
Haven't decided yet. Want to wait till after Chinese new year. Want to relax a bit before starting momentum again.

jolene,
i am still practising CL 'tingxie' words with son. he can get it correct one minute and the next he can forget how to write it. haiz...
thursday is chinese paper and yet they have tingxie on Fri. i told son to concentrate on the exam and skip learning the CL dictation.

Maisy,
Yes yes, any link? :) need more info on the course.

Oh yes, from my experience, Just Education employs only trained teachers with at least 3 yrs of service in school. :)

Hi mummies
My gal has cleared her English paper today I asked her how was it ? She told ms it's pretty easy and she checked her paper 5 times let keep my finger cross

Jolene
Trust your daughter. I think she is quite confident

My daughter colicky so she gets a day off today. Dr says maybe nervous over exam. Her English paper starts on thur

Back