(2002) Any 2002 babies?

tinaridz

I only see 1999, 2001, 2003 n 2004...where's the 2002???

My DD is a Jan 02 baby...She cute.
happy.gif

Gloating myself

Hi,

Mine is Feb 2002 boy. All our kids should be in Nursery level now.

Anybody send your child to enrichment school? Just kaypoh kaypoh

KC

My gal used to attend Julia Gabriel but after the arrival of her brother, I stopped sending. Will be sending her again when the brother joins the playgroup at 18 months

Germs Inc,
Kumon? What does he learn there? English or Maths subject. I heard Kumon is very home-worked based, is that true?

Chicken Little,
I heard JG is a good school esp. the speech and dramma programme. Its rather far for me to send my son to Forum so i didnt enrol him there.

I just send my son to 'i can read'..still monitoring the progress.

Hi all,

My husband n I thot of sending my girl to julia gabriels for their speech n drama sessions. Maybe those school holidays programmes. The cost is quite expensive but we feel its worth it. Any feedback chicken little?

There was a time we thot of sending her to kumon. But maybe when she's older. Now we r getting her interest in everything tt is needed to know. So far it has been good. Thot of homeschooling her, but I dont know if I can do it.

Yippy, my girl can read n speak english well. Now shes starting on spelling cos she's practicing writing.

Hi Tina Din,

It is expensive but we really find it worth it. She started since 18 months, she seems to be more outspoken.

But the only thing is she very drama queen now because she got drama and speech

chicken little,

dunnoe if being more outspoken is good
happy.gif
n now shes alr like a drama queen...heheh...
she still a little shy with ppl though, need to warm-up 1st.

jh,

started introducing books to her since baby. just read n read to her. get keyword books like ladybird series n peter n jane. she get herself interested cos we did it continuosly. we dont make her read, just get her to be interested. she will naturally look for the books. she began to read fluently by 30mths.
for spelling, it came when she asked me hw to spell certain thgs. then we start to play spelling games. she asked me hw to spell certain words, then i ask her to spell 3-letters words..simple ones to boost her confidence. she also watched playhousedisneychannel on cable where there's one short session on spelling. she likes to surf the net for games, then she'll asked hw to spell barbie, nickjr so tt she can go the website herself. making cards...'write' stories...so many occasions it all happens when she wants it. so i dont really teach her just follow her que. but you can initiate it 1st like play spelling games...simple ones...

$850 per month, before $150 subsidy, if got dbs ladies card, 1st month 30% discount then monthly can discount $70

hi all,
my 2nd's born in Sep02, taking Suzuki piano
next yr will start speech & drama lessons in sch's enrichment prog
if class cannot start due to poor response may consider JG or Lorna Whinston (at United Sq)
anyone feedbacks on Lorna Whinston?
TIA

jojo,
i've no background on these 2 pri schs but at least they've got affliation to sec schs, so less worry for parents
sometimes kids r doing well in sch but during PSLE exam many things can affect results (ie stress, sick etc)
quite regret sending my 1st to RGPS (no affliatn to RGS)

reena,
where's yr gal ballet course? intend 2 send mine 2 cc next yr but dun noe standard gd or not.

Hi,

Mine is Jan 02 boy.Intend to send him drama and speech course but all r so ex..... Is there anyone out there know where to find gd & cheap class....

Thk

I have a Nov'02 boy. He will be attending K1 on Jan 07.
Intend to send him to speech and drama class at community club, I think cheaper loh.

Hi does everyone here only have now child or ... they all have a playmate to play with!!! thinking of have one more?

jheng,
I've checked both private schools and CCs. Realised the instructors in private schools are also teaching in CCs so I can safely conclude it's the same professionalism. CC charges $88 for 11 lessons whereas a private school can charge around $155 for 11 lessons. Also, the studio in the CC is much bigger and of exam standard studios (although not all CCs are blessed with such "luxury").

hi i would like to know too ...cos my girl too is attending a Ptv one but just stop her cos of the timing. i am stayingin Yishun.

Hi mummies,

Any good Phonics school for recommendation, preferably at West, North-West area?

Thanks!

Mine is Feb 02 girl. Send her to NAFA kinder Art class. She likes drawing.

Now start to worry about primary school.Anyone knows good school in CCK area?

Hi sevenguo,

You stay in CCK too ? Me too. I think the 2 popular ones are south view and De la Selle. I am still thinking whether to just go Nanyang as I am a old gal or try to enrol at De la Selle which is just downstairs.

I am interested to sign my gal up for Phonics , Grammar and Mandarin classes. Anyone got any recommendation ?

any i intend to do volunteer work to get better chances for their 2002 kid to enrol in a sch of their choice? any one stayin in the west considering nan hua or rulang?

Hi!
So happy to find a thread for 2002 babies. My boy is a Dec 02 bb.... we are currently staying in Bukit Panjang.
yah loh started worrying for his P1 enrolment since last year. We just found a place to move to in order to be within 1km from the school we wish to enrol him. Hope that the chances of getting in is higher.

jh,
yes, doing parent volunteer work gives u higher chance cos u will be in phase 2B. But even in phase 2B, there is a lot of competition and piority is given to those within 1-2km... that's why i am moving
sad.gif
... a bit KS lah but i hope to give him a headstart in his education.

tinklebell,

Me staying at CCK, maybe next time we can let the group of 2002 babies meet up.

My gal enjoys meeting up with my fren's daughters who are all born in 2002. So even though it is meeting once every 3 months, they cherish the time together.

Which school are you trying to enrol your kid to ?

Jh,
Nan hua is a good school so a lot of pple are trying to get in leh. I think if there are 100 seats in phase 2B, there are 150 applicants, their system is given to priority within 1 km , follow by 2 km. ThEven De la Sell and South View in CCK are the hot favourite. De La selle is within walking distance from my home while I am a old gal in Nanyang.

My hb is against sending to Nanyang because he feels there will be a lot of rich pple in there and afraid my gal will feel the peer pressure. I disagree as this is where you should train your kid. Now I am in a dilema.

Hello Chicken Little,
Yes, my boy also likes to play with kids his age!!

I am moving to Bishan in the middle of the year... hoping to enrol my boy in Catholic High.

But a lot of pp are dying to get into Nanyang ...would be wasted to give up yr chance leh. btw, u fr their pri sch right? i understand fr friends who have gone thru the pri sch registration that only if u r fr the pri sch, then u r considered old boy/ girl
sad.gif

Hi tinklebell,

U realli go all the way. Hope u can get in your choice.

Yup I am from their pri school and still kept my report book. I called the school to confirm that we will get in unless there are lots of old boy/ gal's kids. Even grassroot leader kids will be after our phase so quite positive.

She says i dun even need to register for the alumni to increase my chance or do the volunteer work of 80 hours as compare to 40 hours in other school

Dunno leh, hb scare everyday the gal will come back to say my fren have this, can you get for me. Then he scare teachers will be practising favourtisum to kids who are rich leh. During my time, such incidents do happen leh

hi!!
I'm new to this thread and I have a Jul 02 gal. We are currently staying in SK and like most of you, I am planning for her P1 registration.
But as the school of my choise is a single session school they dun hv Sat activites so volunteer work for me is difficult. Headache.
I just hop they dun need to ballot next yr.

Chicken Little,
I heard fm my fren 'Tian Xia' is quite good for Chinese enrichment, maybe you can call to check out?

Thanks Violet ,

Ya heard about Tien Xia too and there is one near my place. Does your kids have problem with Mandarin ? I feel my gal is like a ang Mo speaking Mandarin. My hb call her "banana"

Violet/ Chicken Little
My boy is also a bit "banana"
sad.gif

I just enrolled my son for chinese lesson in Tien Xia (next to Lot 1)... he seems to like it a lot... initially i was still afraid he would not want to attend.
Can sign up for their trial first.

Chicken little,
Haha! KS hor :p
So good... i wish i was fr a good pri sch... then dont need to worry abt enrolment.
But sometimes peer pressure can be worrying.

tinklebell,

what time is your boy's class and which day, how much is it ? If it is sat morning, my gal's classmate from nursery also there , his name is brian. Ha ha still go vacancy or not, maybe can sign my gal up then become classmates but only half a year since you are moving.

sat 1115am... ya...sign up lah...then my boy n yr girl can be classmates
happy.gif
His class only has 3 pp at the moment.
$265 for 10 lessons (if i rem correctly); weekday is cheaper.

Tinklebell,

How long is the class ? 1115 am hmm how long is the class ? my 1 year old boy's class from 1130 to 1230. Ok later I go lot 1 to check it out

Chicken little,
Lesson is until 1245pm... ur one year old boy also in Tien Xia? hee..in that case, i may have seen u there!

no lah, tinklebell,

My boy 1 year old is with baby jumper gym at bukit batok lah. Ok will go check it out later. Then we can meet there. let the 2 "bananas" talk

Hi Chicken Little,

My boy is Feb 02 and is now at church school. I am at Blk 562, maybe quite near to you?

Besides the Chinese class, mummies any recommend for Phonics school?

Hi kckc,

My gal used to be from CCK bible centre kindergarten nursery B last year. You too ? I just withdraw her to childcare since Dec last year.

Have you heard of Lewin at the CC ? one of my gal's schoolmate's mummy ask me to try there.

Back