1st trimester:Hungry all the time

jkids

anyone feels hungry easily? i am hungry all the time and it is affecting my life! I dun have good appetite though i have no morning sickness yet. no matter how i eat, it is forever hungry....

how did u curb the hungryness? did it go away when u eat?

Hi jkids

I am also expecting my second child now.And likeyou, I had goood appetite in my first trimester. But it tapers too when I enter into second trimester...now eating like normal. But I do take the opportunity to indulge in sinful foods..for personal interest. SO don't worry. Just eat when you feel like it but try as best to choose the more nutritious ones. Cos it may be taht your body is tellingyou what u need too.

hi dingdong

but my appetite is poor...and i feel terrible that i am hungey but i got no appetite....
sad.gif

i scare it will be like the 1st pregnancy, kena gatric pain..

But poor apptiite also must eat leh. When I had my first child, I had no apprtite most of the time, and I din feel hungry even. SO i can understand how you feel now. But for the sake of baby, must eat. Choose food that stimulate appetite like sweet & sour fish etc.

hi jkids,
i hv mild MS.. but when i'm ok, i oso feel hungry very often.. i hv instant milo, cereal, crackers with me in office.. juz to curb my hunger, cos if too hungry will trigger nauseousness.. sigh..

Hi,

Not sure if it is in the mind. I was prepared when I knew I was preg coz I didn't plan to have one. I didn't have morning sickness too. So somehow, I indulge in eating during my whole pregnancy to make myself happy. And I eat and eat and eat for the whole day, for 9 months. I put on so much weight until my colleagues are criticizing me and said that I would never be able to go back to my normal weight after birth. But I somehow did. Now my baby is 3 months old.

Why not try having food that you like? I was told that I can't eat crab during pregnancy as my baby will be a handful. But I like it so much, so I ate a whole crab secretly... hiak hiak hiak

wah...u gals are so lucky....no MS!
i hope my 1st trim will be over soon, but i still have 6 weeks to go, gosh!

Jkids stay on there..I know it can be difficult especially you are practically counting doen day by day...but it will zap you by if you try ot just take it in your stride. And try ot eat more of your favouriite things...just to please yourself. Its fine to pamper yourself ya and if you eed to, go for facial and spa to freshen you up.

This is my 2nd pregnancy, still in first trimester. I will get hungry easily, if i didn't eat when i am very hungry, i will feel like vomiting. I can't eat alot too, if i eat too much, i will feel like vomiting. so i can only eat small portion with 5 meals everyday. I wanted to control myself not to take any supper, but i can't stand the hungry feeling. My morning sick is totally different from the first pregnancy.

hi kokolala,

same here, my 2nd pregnancy also like that... totally differnt from my first pregnancy's symptoms...

when are u due? I'm due on 16 May next year.

Hi karen,

Just to check with you, did your tummy show faster for the second pregnancy compare to the first pregnancy? Thanks!

I am 6 weeks pregnant, beginning 7 weeks and i have been eating non-stop. Keep feeling hungry. Currently still base in Beijing and now the weather is turning cold, so am not sure if it is the weather or just me feeling hungry.

Hi,
I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Like kokolala, i feel nausea and pukey when i'm hungry. that's y i've been eating a lot in the last few weeks. my wt has gone up 3kg since & i'm somewhat concerned. hope my appetite come back down to normal in 2nd trimester.

hi, I'm 6 weeks pregnant, also hungry all the time. But can only eat a little each time, failing which will have terrible MS...

For my 1st child, I have little appetite till 3rd trimester, thus I put on less than 10kg for the whole pregnancy and my gynae is happy about it. But this time round, eat so much hard to maintain figure liao...sigh...

worse still, being "patan", so keeping pregnancy a "secret" and also just landed a new job. And my collegues are wondering why I eat so frequently and growing fat so fast...

hi kokolala,
I'm due 18 May next year
happy.gif
still having a bit of nausea in the morning when I brush my teeth and occasionally, especially when I'm hungry :p or on a bumpy journey :p

think my 2nd pregnancy shows faster.. cos I slim down a lot and my tummy went down really fast after breastfeeding for 9mths... colleagues started asking me why I've grown fat within such a short time :p

So far, I have put on 3kg as well. My last pregnancy I put on 15kg and lost everything thru breastfeeding. Plus my boy really took the nutrients :p he was 3.935kg at birth :p

hi Lis, sometimes the extra kilos we put on goes to our babies, sometimes it just add on to us... depending on how well ur baby can absorb... I've seen mummies who regained their figures even without doing much... like my own sister... for me I belong to the easy put on weight but hard to lose weight type...

guess it must be hard on u, got to hide ur pregnancy.. just think that u're eating cos ur baby wants to eat la, dun think so much :p

Hi Marble,
Think 2nd Trimester has better appetite!! At least for my case.. in my 26wks now.. I hv been eating whenever I feel hungry.. muz buy extra food during lunch so as to curb hunger from 3 - 6pm... hv put on 12kg liao.. quite bad..

hey ixora,

did ur gynae say dun eat too much? my fren put on 18kg when she had her boy and her gynae told her to stop taking milk powder... putting on too much can also mean that it's harder to shed the kilos after delivery.

try to cut down on carbo or sugary foods too... cos might get gestational diabetes. opt for healhtier food choices like yoghurt, cheese, fruits etc

I'm currently 21weeks, put on 5kg already. putting on abt 10-12kg for pregnancy is the norm.

hey kokolala, I'm expecting a girl this time... guess u'll know the gender of ur 2nd one this month or next month...

hi howblur!

I read from another thread that you tested positive! Congrats! 1st trimester is up to 14 weeks. Please don't stop eating even if you are not hungry k.Don't load up on quantity but on nutrition. You are now eating for 2 people. Congrats again!

I also has this problem! I constantly feel hungry even after I have eaten!!! Worse still, every meal that I have must be carbo (Rice, yellow noodle, bread with fillings etc) If I don't have all the carbo meals, I will feel nausea and the feeling is very unbearable. Am so worried that I'm going to be a fat mummy at the end of my pregnancy! <sobs>

hi Karen jingwen,

Sorry for late reply. I have given birth in june, it is a girl! Quite busy and tiring taking care of my boy and baby. My baby is coming two months old now. Guess your baby is around three months old now?

Wow..

Thou this is my 2nd pregnancy, but it is really really different from my 1st one. i dun have any MS or dun feel tired n hungry easily during my 1st one. but now, tis 2nd one, I really feel nausea and hungry at all times... sometimes feel like vomitting too, esp on car & bus rides. Sometimes im thinking, is it ok to take cheese and yogurts if hungry? i really dun wanna eat biscuits or kueh whenever im hungry. right now, im already 10weeks preggy and i already put on 5kg!
sad.gif

I feel hungry easily oso throughout my 1st preg, have to eat if not will feel uncomfortable, even in the middle of the nite I will wake up if i'm hungry, will eat biscuits and drink Milo(No choice coz my son is kicking non-stop when I'm hungry)

2nd preg oso the same, just tat can't eat much, so eat abt 4-5 meals per day now, in my first trimester now. I eat crabs oso ;p

hey kokolala,

so sorry for the super late reply... congrats on ur girl =) my girl is now coming to 5mths old on 18 Oct =) times flies.

all mummies out there, hang on... just eat whatever that is nutritious for u and baby. for ur info, i went thru antenatal class at KKH and the dietician actually told us, all we need is extra 300calories (a glass of milk) on top of what we are already eating.

just make sure u take enough calcium (1200mg), iron (supplements and veggies like heng cai aka chinese spinach and bo cai aka spinach, meat)and folic acid (for first trimester is especially important to prevent spinal problem in baby's development).

I dont really feel hungry all the time but my lunch apettite shrunk, get full easily.

I like sour thing like mee siam, sour plums. And also liking for fast food.

One thing I really miss is oysters and sashimi.

Hi i was forever hungry during my 1st trim. Though got no appetite, but still have to eat for baby's sake, or i'll feel really nausea.

Now in my 2nd trim. i'm not as hungry as before but got better appetite. i'm now 23weeks pregnant and gained 7kg, went for my detail scan last week and dr say that i'm putting on too much weight. sigh.... i feel a bit guilty after hearing that but i cannot don't eat leh! i'll wake up in the middle of the night at around 4-5am hungry and baby kicking wanting to eat!

for my fist kid, i ate a lot, drink a lot of water, in the end, put on 22kg... hahaha... Now expecting my 2nd kiddo, but I just dont feel hungry... its so different from the first one. I ate becos its time to eat like lunch and dinner. Also snack abit, not becos I am hungry but becos i want to chew something. Now at my 20 week, although my tummy is showing like half size of a watermelon, but my weight still maintains. At times, when i am too busy at work, i forgot i need to eat cos most days i feel bloated, so no hunger pangs until maybe 3-4pm, then realised forgot to take lunch. Usually, jus snack a few pieces of biscuit and last till dinner.

As for food, I took just anything from 1st trimester till now, even sashimi, half boiled eggs, coconut, watermelon. As long as they are served hygienically, i eat loh. Crabs, prawns, chicken feet also take. For my first kid, a bit more conservative, but now, i just eat whatever i like.

There is this DHA pill which i like to recommend to all mummies-to-be. Think its called NeuroGain. Has got a pic of a preggie mum on the label. I read some articles recently that DHA improve the intelligence of your bb even in your womb. The bottle cost like $35 for 1 month supply (30 pills), but I think its well worth it.

Hi,

This is my first pregnancy, and i was told alot of not to eat during the pregnancy especially high mercury content fish. However, i have eatten alot of otah(mackerel). I am really worried. Can someone advise?

Hi Adel,

Don't worry so much and enjoy your pregnancy!
happy.gif
I'm sure everything will be alright. Believe the mackerel you find in otah is not a lot as they would have mixed with lots of flour to lower costs! :p

Can understand how you must be feeling cos I was like that during my pregnancy... I'll eat something and then worry about whether it's been washed clean, fully cooked etc... even avoided all raw vegetables and food placed near them cos I read about listeriosis, salmonella poisoning, toxoplasmosis from the Net/books etc... at the end of the day, everything was alright.

Think it's good to be aware but do not be too unduly worried like me last time!
happy.gif

Hi All,
I am aso towards the 8th week of my pregnancy and same as all of u, been feeling hungry non-stop. Eat and eat and eat...feeling like a glutton..initially I could eat anything but now pretty selective on food. I also hv one big craving for tuna, anything tuna, sandwhich tuna, tuna sushi/handroll..but I think cannot eat right bcos of the mercury content??

Aso tis week stomach has been feeling strange and bloated so had totally avoided milk products, hope my baby is not deprived..haha...

Hi Adel,
yah, did avoid mackerel during my pregnancy due to the high mercury content. but did take a couple of bites when in my 2nd trimester. buay tahan, smells so good!
Maybe from now on try to control eating the otah. go easy on tuna too.

Don worry too much. remember, everything in moderation is the best!

Hi Duffy,

Wow, amazing, you don have MS during your 1st trimester? I could hardly swallow anything.
yah heard about the tuna and the mercury stuff. guess its ok to take a little but don gorge on it!

if you forgo your milk, remember to supplement ur diet with more calcium. baby and you needs lots of it.

Hi, my 1st pregnancy at age 34 yrs, cant really eat, too stress, travel a lot and premature birth at 29 weeks.

2nd pregnant at age 37yrs, vomiting a lot, cant work, lay in bed for a few weeks and visit hospital in 7 days and 3 days after out, then in for another 7 days and out again the last one in hospital again till i hold my baby 35 weeks to birth.
Reason for hospitalise is due to low placenta and bleeding.

3rd pregnancy - on going one month...like to eat a lot, hungry and frequent visit to toilet too.

Hope share with you.

Does anyone experience urine infection and pregnant same time?

happyface,

how did u cope w/ morning sickness? how to reduce the bloatedness in d tummy? my wife is in her 5wks+

Hi gilbert,

It good to have MS as it shows this pregnancy is healthy.

I hate morning sickness. No other choice , go to your gynae for medication to stop neausea and vomiting, it helps some time.

i had mine now a terrible gastric pain and gas a lot and seem cant eat much and need a lot of sleep and rest. Cold sweat too. I have to bear the pain as this show pregnant healthy..should be.

happyface,

my wife too hv a lot of gas. h/w she cant sleep well at nite. think really shd get gynae to prescribe some medicine to cure her ms.

Try adding huiji to your food, it can help suppress your hunger and relief you of morning sickness. I even use huiji to cook my instant noodles instead of using the MSG packet, which is not healthy and i heard cost cancer.

my gynae advise me to eat 5 small meals a day with fruity lite between meals to aid digestion

Cruise's plan boasts a three-point approach: eat breakfast within one hour of rising, eat every three hours, and stop eating three hours before bedtime. He says this ritualized way of eating increases BMR (baseline metabolic rate), increases energy levels, and decreases appetite, among other things. While many nutrition experts agree that when it comes to weight loss irregular eating patterns and skipped meals can mean trouble for most of us, there isn't anything close to a consensus on whether we are metabolically better off eating three regular meals a day or spreading that out into five or six smaller meals.

Back