1 year old birthday celebration

Nope, all capture by video cam

Pics only with frens & relatives, as well as door gifts r using camera
happy.gif

U go down there n take a look.

Mine is the Ruby Suite, beside the toilet.

mummies
need your feedback.
if chalet only bbq & ordered some cooked food is it appropraite as the inhouse caterer not so nice

comment pls

hi teenie,

If u want 2 bring cooked food, make sure you have warmer to keep the food warm during the party otherwise food turn cold not nice

Just my perosnal advice

is it a norm to celebrate 1 yr old birhtday? can we do away w/ it? will relatives/friends say we are cheapo?

can we jz deliver cake vochor n do away the party?

do ur parents/ pils complain if u do not intend to organise a party?

I know what you mean..my son's bday is one and half more weeks and I am still contemplating abt the celebration..dunno want to make small one with immediate families or invite lots of people.

Hi, my gal is turning one in June 07. Planning a big b'day splash for her at Safra Resort in Tanah Merah. Secured a bungalow and will be hosting it two days in advance.

1. Cater from PurpleSage. Have requested them to prepare two items for those little tots who are attending too.

2. Ordered about 100 balloons.

3. Ordered party decorations and favors from birthdaydirect.com

4. Cake from The Pattisier...

paula,
which safra resort is this? i didn't know there is one at tanah merah leh. is it the National Service Resort & Country Club? you mean they will allow outside catering? don't have to use their own in-house caterer?

Hi, I just a held a birthday party for my boy in Ja at Safra Country Club Resort near to tanah merah ferry terminal. Outside catering is allowed now.

Food from Neo Garden and cake from prima deli. Quite good reviews from guests. Invited about 70 adults and 40 kids.

Hi, have done my boy 1st birthday at NSRCC (also known as Safra Country Club Resort) near Tanah merah ferry terminal. Invited about 70 adults and 30kids.

Outside catering is allowed now. I get food from Neo Garden and Cake from prima deli. Good reviews from my guests. Location not a problem as they took free shuttle bus in, though the bus service is meant for staff.

hi, im attending a fren's child 1yr old bday party. can let me know what's a gd n useful gift for 1yr old? budge $80-100.

I am doing goodies bag for the kids for my son's first bday, but do you give something for the adults whoe come as well? like your frens and relatives? any ideas? thanks..

For one year old, think they like toys...heehee.

hi mumj, im afraid buying similiar toy as other guests or buying a toy which the parent dun like their kids to play? alamak. i think toy r us vouchers better?

my son's 1-yr old bd in July 07. am trying to scout for a venue with the flexibility to use my own caterer.

Hv called the following outlets already:-
- Yishun SAFRA (must use in-house caterers)
- Toa Payoh SAFRA (going to be closed for reno May onwards)
- Civil Service Club (Bt Batok)- (must use in-house caterers)
- Chevrons (must use in-house caterers)
- Grassroots Club - Fully booked in July

now i'm at a loss, looking for a venue in the north, west or central. Expected guests 80paxs so not so keen on chalet.
Any suggestions??

I guess I will plan my DD 1st birthday party at home. I have about 70 guest, will do it at the BBQ area (buffet line) at my house downstairs.
After the buffet dinner all the guest will proceed back to the house for the cake cutting.
Feel that it will be easier for the baby if the celebration place is nearer to home. The baby can sleep anytime she wants(in her own bed). And also all the presents can be place at home. Can foresee the trouble if the celebration is done at the restaurant or chalet. After the whole thing we still have to carry all the presents back home.
It's a joyful occasion so we plan to make the whole planning part carefree and easy too.
Just book the venue downstairs, look for a 3D design cake (any suggestion where to find a cute and delicious 3D design cake?), look for a caterer, decorate up both the home and buffet line area and lastly send out invitation cards......Wala....that's it.

Hi paula,

I went to birthdaydirect but the site says that they don;t ship to S'pore. May i know how u managed to ship yr stuf back and how much did u pay for the shipping?

To all mummies: Any of u know of any local wholesalers of party deco stuff?

My daughter will be celebrating her 1st birthday in a few months' time - the husband seems to think that no preparation is needed for her party because it is still SO far away till the actual date! Sigh .. men!

Anyways, we are thinking of renting a chalet at aloha loyang and for fun/activity, we will rent a bouncing castle for the kids. catering food for family/ friends and getting cupcakes instead of a giant birthday cake. was also thinking of renting cotton candy machine/ popcorn machine for kids and chocolate fountain for parents. then for those who are staying till late, we will have a BBQ in the evening (ordering food from BBQ wholesale) ..

Didn't know what the theme will be but my sister gave one to me yesterday so phew, glad that everything is almost pretty much sorted out .. even though daughter is still too young to remember anything, i still want it to be a memorable day for everyone who's there .. after all there will be pictures and stories to tell her later .. hahaha ..

Hi cuclainne,

Can 1 year old bbies eat the cupcakes you are intending to order? If yes, can give me the contact? Also, which caterer have you decide? Is it good?

Thanks!

i intend on ordering cupcakes from this lady

http://www.cupcake-momma.net/

a friend of mine tasted her cupcakes before and said they were not too sweet - i'm sure if you have some requirements, she might be able to help.

i used four seasons for my romm and then elsie's kitchen for my daughter's one-month celebration. my mom prefers four seasons but i might want to try a new caterer. so far, these are ok .. stamford is quite good too.

cuclainne,
We share some same tots
lol.gif

I hv alr booked a chalet at aloha changi, going to hv bbq for adults and plan to hv cupcakes instead of 1 big cake for my girl.
happy.gif

But there r many details that we hv'nt sort out yet.... like food for kids and activites and deco. Hb don't seem very kancheong abt it
sad.gif

cuclainne,
I beg to be different. I ordered the cupcakes for a friend bday. The cupcakes are sweet. In fact, I'm q disappointed with them. The cupcakes in her website looks so sweet but the actual cupcakes design not very nice leh. FYI I ordered one of the designs showed in her website which looks so nice.

Had attended a friend's son party at aloha changi. Parking is hard to find and the plc so humid. Was sweating throughout. Place big but the chalet not nice and not fully air-conditioned.

Think Aranda executive suite better. Can book the suite on ground floor. The sliding doors can be slid open which the bbq pit is just behind. After bbq can bring food back to suite to eat in comfort as there is air-con.

However try not to book Rm 2222. It certainly looks run down. However the suites are going for a retrofit soon.

Hi every body..
is this thread still active..??
Need advice....

I am planning to have a birthday party for my DS for his 1st bday..
Planning to have it at East Coast Island resort ... in one of its double storey Chalet...

What do you think? have any one ever celebrate anything there? Is it a good place..?
THanks so so so much

Me too also trying to look for nice places for my Gal's birthday next month.

My sister suggested to do it at Globetrotters but I find the food so so only. Another place that i'm considering would be the Disney restaurant at Anchorpoint but I got a feeling that it is going to be veri expensive.

Any other suggestions?

hi jenny, it was my friend who tasted it and said it was not sweet - that's why i shared it here but personally i haven't tried it myself as i decided not to go for cupcakes in the end. but thanks for your differing views on the cakes
happy.gif

hi,

where can i order Thomas Tank Engine Birthday cake. So far only have come across at ecreative.com.

My son's bd coming up & he's a great fan of Thomas

Hi Merielle,

thanks for the info. But i've found that Polar Cakes too have Thomas design cakes so will be ordering form them.

Hi,

They were awarded for their cake making. Reasonable price/

Beijing Confectionery Blk 929 Tampines St 91 #01-443 S520929 Tel: 67825364 ...
1663949.jpg

Hi,

They were awarded for their cake making. Reasonable price/

Beijing Confectionery Blk 929 Tampines St 91 #01-443 S520929 Tel: 67825364 ...
1663951.jpg

I am quite Kiasu, so i got quite many stuff for my son's 1 yr old in a chalet.

I have chocolate fondue, cup cakes, birthday cakes, agar agar cakes, kids buffet area (all the kids makan stuff - away from the adult buffet table). Also not forgetting goodies bags and pinata was one of the interesting one.

Back