SAHM going back to work

gnissim23

hi,

just a little bg. i have been a sahm since my #1. for the past 3 years. #2 is almost 18 mths nw. i have been looking after the 2 kids myself all this while. #1 has just started kintergarden on jan.
however things changed. husband wanted me to go back to work as we r quite financially strain.
any mummies here wif similar experience?

i understand that its normal for children to all attend childcare but i am very paranoid n cant imagine them gg there for the whole day while i go to work. aside with rhe children issue, how do you manage to go back to workforce after so many years. (almost 4 years for my case).

thanks.

hi,

just a little bg. i have been a sahm since my #1. for the past 3 years. #2 is almost 18 mths nw. i have been looking after the 2 kids myself all this while. #1 has just started kintergarden on jan.
however things changed. husband wanted me to go back to work as we r quite financially strain.
any mummies here wif similar experience?

i understand that its normal for children to all attend childcare but i am very paranoid n cant imagine them gg there for the whole day while i go to work. aside with rhe children issue, how do you manage to go back to workforce after so many years. (almost 4 years for my case).

thanks.

Hello,

I cant say I'm in the same situation but I think its quite similar. I have quitted my previous job (which is stable and paying quite well) while I was pregnant cause of very bad morning sickness. Judging that we will have no help after the baby is born, I decided to just be a SAHM.

Without me working, our income cuts down nearly by half. But even until now everything is sustainable cause we only have one kid. We just couldn't save up as much as before (of course also with some sacrifices).

My husband has always preferred me putting our baby in ifc and go back to work since my previous bosses all along opening the invitation for me to head back. But he has never press me on it, he is leaving it for me to decide when it's the right time. Maybe when my baby is 3yo he will start pressuring me! For now, it's still ok.

Hello,

I cant say I'm in the same situation but I think its quite similar. I have quitted my previous job (which is stable and paying quite well) while I was pregnant cause of very bad morning sickness. Judging that we will have no help after the baby is born, I decided to just be a SAHM.

Without me working, our income cuts down nearly by half. But even until now everything is sustainable cause we only have one kid. We just couldn't save up as much as before (of course also with some sacrifices).

My husband has always preferred me putting our baby in ifc and go back to work since my previous bosses all along opening the invitation for me to head back. But he has never press me on it, he is leaving it for me to decide when it's the right time. Maybe when my baby is 3yo he will start pressuring me! For now, it's still ok.
do u plan to go back to work? cox to ne i have always been thinking tt i would lile to spend more time wif them though.

I was a SAHM for 5 years to 3 kids before going back to work life (no helper too). My youngest was 10 months when we placed her at the infant care while my 2 older ones in Childcare.

What helped me get by was knowing my kids were enrolled in a good childcare and happy there. Back then, we would drop them off at 7am sharp and only come back at 6+pm. Sometimes, they enjoy so much that they were reluctant to go home. When they are tired at 7am, the teachers would let them sleep longer on mattresses. The teachers were dedicated and it gave me alot of reassurance. You may want to visit different childcare centres, bring your child along, observe the other kids' happiness level as well as the teachers.

Ive no regrets going back to work tho i do lament at times, wishing i could sleep in like a sahm. I enjoy me-time during my lunch breaks and look forward to having a good evening w my kids. Perhaps when they are all in primary sch, will i consider being a sahm again. :)

do u plan to go back to work? cox to ne i have always been thinking tt i would lile to spend more time wif them though.
Yes! Sure you do make a right choice to work and supplement income so that more can be provided for the family and kids. The full day childcare is rounded so that you could work while they play, learn and improve their social skills.... Good luck to plan ahead your off days also it take a few months for transition before routine at home to settle...

I was a SAHM for 5 years to 3 kids before going back to work life (no helper too). My youngest was 10 months when we placed her at the infant care while my 2 older ones in Childcare.

What helped me get by was knowing my kids were enrolled in a good childcare and happy there. Back then, we would drop them off at 7am sharp and only come back at 6+pm. Sometimes, they enjoy so much that they were reluctant to go home. When they are tired at 7am, the teachers would let them sleep longer on mattresses. The teachers were dedicated and it gave me alot of reassurance. You may want to visit different childcare centres, bring your child along, observe the other kids' happiness level as well as the teachers.

Ive no regrets going back to work tho i do lament at times, wishing i could sleep in like a sahm. I enjoy me-time during my lunch breaks and look forward to having a good evening w my kids. Perhaps when they are all in primary sch, will i consider being a sahm again. :)
hi Fiona,

thanks for ur reassurance. however due to tight budget and my house location there is only one CC available. so is like no luxury to choose a "better" childcare or to go round and see which CC is better. I am in the same situation whereby I wish to make more and den perhaps when they are in primary I will go back to be a sahm too. how old was ur #1 when u head back to work? can ur #1 adapt?

hi Fiona,

thanks for ur reassurance. however due to tight budget and my house location there is only one CC available. so is like no luxury to choose a "better" childcare or to go round and see which CC is better. I am in the same situation whereby I wish to make more and den perhaps when they are in primary I will go back to be a sahm too. how old was ur #1 when u head back to work? can ur #1 adapt?
The cc that we placed our kids is about 15 mins drive frm our house, takes 30mins to reach hm if by bus. We had to work ard the timing but it was doable.

My #1 was in k1, #2 in nursery1 and #3 in infant care. By then at 5 years old, #1 adapted pretty fast.

U can also consider childcares that are along the way or near your work place.

Hope things work out for u eventually. :)

Hi
I wonder if any of you, mummies, are interested to run your own online business from home. I'm with a group of mompreneurs and our goal is to help moms set up and run their own business successfully.

If you are keen to find out more, please PM me.

Hi mummies

Are you all interested to have own career with protection ? Freedom, flexible timing ! Please pm if you are interested and find out more.

Back