2016/07 July babies

Thanks for the lobang! I really need a huge diaper bag. Current ones definitely can't house everything. When we go out she needs two bags one. One separate bag for milk bottles and powder as the diaper bag is full already.

Are you gonna order? @KWL. Wink.

I am not getting. I thought it is Super wu Hua. I am DL mum. So going out is Super easy for me. Nursing cover and 1 piece diaper can Liao.

I am not getting. I thought it is Super wu Hua. I am DL mum. So going out is Super easy for me. Nursing cover and 1 piece diaper can Liao.

What's DL?

I've never been a light packer myself so I also must pack a lot for my gal. HAha.

Direct latch Lor. I don't need bottles. Don't need any warmer. Now is just go out with neh neh hahahaha.

But before I go out, I got check where is nearest nursing room so that I can be there as quickly as possible. When nursing rooms are not avilable, I latch in the car.

I also stopped bringing extra clothes for baby. I have never ever changed her clothes when I am outside. Even diapers also rare. Maybe just once before. Plus mine always poop once every 3-5 days, so I can travel light.

Oic...

There were twice my gal bombed onto her clothes. How glad I was then that I always bring extra clothings. Then her diaper bag also always has a thicker cardigan (in case go to cold mall). A big flask of hot water n container (in case need to warm up leftover milk within that hr feed since she likes to drink in two installment). Then also bring some toys, etc. So every time go out sure got big bags.

But I feel quite shiok packing her bag :p

Reactions: KWL
Wow redvel u really pack a lot of stuff, I was told when baby start solid food it will be more things to bring, example their porridge, spoon and bowl .. haha for now I'm still a light packer but I don't know I can remain as light packer in future or not.. so I have been dilemma to get jjb hbb or bff .. thinking for a long time and finally decided to get bff just in case I need more space..

Wow redvel u really pack a lot of stuff, I was told when baby start solid food it will be more things to bring, example their porridge, spoon and bowl .. haha for now I'm still a light packer but I don't know I can remain as light packer in future or not.. so I have been dilemma to get jjb hbb or bff .. thinking for a long time and finally decided to get bff just in case I need more space..

I am using the anello large Boston bag which can Meet my needsif I am going out for longer hours . The mini one will also suffice If I am going out for less than 3hr. [http://www.qoo10.sg/su/411645540/Q105357063]

Oh this, I am also very scared. So I decided to BLW so that it is just bringing out steamed vegetables, bib, set of clean clothes and some face cleaning towels. I think I can save myself from packing spoons, bowls(?), scissors, hot water. Haha. Not very sure too. Remember to Ask me a few months later when things stabilise.

@snowfern I got a question. How to BLW when u are outside? I think the high chairs don't have table top one Lor. And if that is the case, I need to bring bowls leh!

@KWL sharing what I observed of my sis' twins. Forget about bowls. For a start expect flying food. So if the food are inside bowl, they will be all flung out in 10seconds. The adult table will be their table too when outside. She got the sticky table mat that's washable and foldable after each use.

This is what I intend to do too at times when outside having meals.

Today I steamed pear and gave my gal in wedges. It's a very sweet pear and I think she did fine for this first time. Grabs well but hardly could gnaw anything off. But she enjoys it anyway. Will try again tomorrow!

Recently I teach emk jr to wave bye bye, just now when I wanna go out and I said ' bye bye ' he wave back haha but he wave vertically instead of horizontal. This morning I checked his mouth, saw the two teeth pop out ...

Recently I teach emk jr to wave bye bye, just now when I wanna go out and I said ' bye bye ' he wave back haha but he wave vertically instead of horizontal. This morning I checked his mouth, saw the two teeth pop out ...

Wow! Impressive!

Clap hands for emk jr.! Mine very lazy. Till now still refuses to hold her own milk bottle.

As per last night, my gal still bo geh.

@KWL I think will buy silicone mat but unsure, we seldom go out for lunch anyway, when she more zai I will probably bring the large round table/chair cover I got from TB/ezbuy

79806722ad03812edef65c5a8e3219fd.jpg

And Ya. Probably w thermos or Tupperware type box with some finger foods for her lor. And PLENTY OF WET WIPES AND TISSUE hahaha.

Biggest headache right now is her eczema, the weather is making it flare up so badly. Already applied QV lotion, subsided, even stripped her down to diapers and put SQ bib (cloth side facing in), but after 45 mins wah all red and bumpy and angry looking.

I have teaching him bye bye for very long liao, and also to give flying kisses when someone is going home. He still don't want to say bye bye just keep smiling only. :confused:

@emk Your boy sits really well! Mine can sit unassisted but not so straight as yours though. HAHA~ Now still doing his commando crawling, but nowadays will raise his knees up slightly and move his BUTT!

Bought him a Parklon ABC playmat and he loves the alphabet P because there's a Panda there. I kept telling him Mummy is becoming like one because you kept waking up at 5+ in the morning~:(

I have teaching him bye bye for very long liao, and also to give flying kisses when someone is going home. He still don't want to say bye bye just keep smiling only. :confused:

@emk Your boy sits really well! Mine can sit unassisted but not so straight as yours though. HAHA~ Now still doing his commando crawling, but nowadays will raise his knees up slightly and move his BUTT!

Bought him a Parklon ABC playmat and he loves the alphabet P because there's a Panda there. I kept telling him Mummy is becoming like one because you kept waking up at 5+ in the morning~:(

Hahaha tell me abt it. I am still waking up every 1.5 hrs.

Thanks ladies. Yeah, weather shifts are always bad for eczema, Hubby feeling the itch too.

323afc6cb634a98026578ad83515edc3.jpg

This was yesterday morning. This morning as bad. After lunch, it worsened and got angry red, and she started scratching at it. Think the bib worsened it. When I washed her neck area during bathtime, which she usually smiles and lifts her head for me to get at, she started whining and fussing, so I stopped using the towel and just used my hands to swiftly clean and rinse the area. Must have been raw :(

Spammed her with QV lotion, aircon and humidifier on, ceiling fan max. It subsided significantly, but maybe if tmrw it is just as bad I will use the steroid cream. Been reluctant to use it ley.

@snowfern cannot apply powder to keep it dry? I know last time my mum who babysit for a baby has this problem and she went to the Chinese medical hall and got dunno what kind of powder (一粒一粒)in glass bottle and then apply for her. Not sure now still have anot.

@snowfern cannot apply powder to keep it dry? I know last time my mum who babysit for a baby has this problem and she went to the Chinese medical hall and got dunno what kind of powder (一粒一粒)in glass bottle and then apply for her. Not sure now still have anot.
For eczema must moisturize, and hydrate, powder will make the skin drier and maybe crack and bleed. Hubby has bad eczema and he taught me how to handle it for her. The QV lotion not bad, within an hour clear, but as soon as temp rises near noon it worsens again :(

Jin happy to announce that bubbles pooped today, with avocado and what I think is carrot bits in it

She had that on Day 3, today Day 5 le! But yesterday poo like no solid foods. Didn't poo from Day 1 - Day 3 of BLW. Which means she did swallow some food, yay!!

And my BLW book by Gill Rapley arrived today, dunno whether got time to read or not, bubbles has been super demanding lately.

Any of you going thru the dreaded 6mth spurt liow?

Wat is the 6th mth spurt? Mine dunno why has been super cranky lately at night. Must carry her to sleep and once I put her down, she will whine and whine till we carry her again. So I tot she is hungry and gave her milk but she refused. Haiz.. gone are my days when I only need to wake up once a night..

@verluv remember the 6wks, then 3mth growth spurt....where they latch and latch or dunwan to sleep....super fussy or niamteetee?

Well I read that at 6, 9 and even 12 mths and beyond will have these growth spurts!! But alongside are the developmental milestones, so hang in there!!!

Wat? Then how to work the next day? I super frustrated with her these few nights leh.. I'm losing my cool!

Hurhur! It has become a routine for me liao. Very used to multiple wakes every night. If I don't wake so many times, I will face engorgement problem also.

And it is considered a bonus whenever she sleeps for 3-4hrs for a stretch, which Is Super rare now.

As for work, it has been a crazy week. Boss has major presentations to deliver and I need to support him. Have to bring laptop home to OT some more.

I believe my gal just done with her 6mth growth spurt. Not really drinking more but those similar moments where put down on bed cry liao; don't wanna sleep.

Snowfern, oh dear the eczema look quite bad. I'm using physiogel AI cream for emk jr as this cream is highly recommended by most pd and QV baby shampoo
0073c1f871ee17522c995c18780bb073.jpg
yesterday I bring emk jr to kk hospital to do allergic test. As I wanna know is what food or environment factor which trigger out the eczema, end up he is not allergies any. Doctor said it's the family genes and sweat and saliva that cause it.

Today I'm off and finally get to see what type of porridge which my mum feed emk jr, she cook with carrot and broccoli.
2b161b797b4ccf4f1a788bbeb19ddf15.jpg
I'm very surprise he can finish it all.

I think I am the only one that hasn't started my little one on solid haha

Emk boy got great appetite!

Mine still at purée. But maybe I can try to purée less abit and let her try. She has also started partial BLW. Tonight will let her grab avocado which I'm sure will be messy.

I read that 7mth babies are ready for sippy cups. Gonna get it soon. Anyone starting soon too?

yea I also planning to start sippy cup but not sure which brand is good. Any recommendation ?

Cos now busy with work n I can only wind down after 1 Feb. Gonna take one week off to train kwl jr.

So many cute clothes!
You all ready to brace the annoying kpo questions on when no. 2 coming?
I am bracing myself for the golden statement which really irks me "3 girls uh, nevermind la, try again". Wa, my blood pressure sure shoot up one. I am still thinking up a good retort for that, one that will shut them up for good, lol!

So many cute clothes!
I am bracing myself for the golden statement which really irks me "3 girls uh, nevermind la, try again". Wa, my blood pressure sure shoot up one. I am still thinking up a good retort for that, one that will shut them up for good, lol!

Ha. Like hey what's "wrong" with 3 gals right? Seriously what's up with some ppl.

Usually I reply "ok I do it RIGHT NOW" when they ask when you'll have a baby (or for coming CNY : when is #2 coming).

They'll just haha laugh/look silly and then shut up.

@tuna you should reply them this "I give birth another one you want to sponsor her all the way until he/she goes to work?" This will shut them up.

I dun give face to my relatives when they ask Q like these. From young , studies to when get married to when have kids to when next one.

Today I'm off and finally get to see what type of porridge which my mum feed emk jr, she cook with carrot and broccoli.
2b161b797b4ccf4f1a788bbeb19ddf15.jpg
I'm very surprise he can finish it all.

This is the kind of porridge that I used to eat when I'm a baby too! I always pester my mum to cook this whenever I'm sick~ now it's our turn to cook for our baby~ :p

Ha. Like hey what's "wrong" with 3 gals right? Seriously what's up with some ppl.

Usually I reply "ok I do it RIGHT NOW" when they ask when you'll have a baby (or for coming CNY : when is #2 coming).

They'll just haha laugh/look silly and then shut up.

Usually I will give them dead stares :mad: I thought I'm a polite (or should say courteous) person. But when people give me crap question I give them killer stares!

One side of me looking forward to CNY long break the other side dread meeting relatives (that ask stupid question) :(

Wahhhh I didn't even think about it...man. I used to fall back on the "aiyah so old liow dunno can or not". Now even Janet Jackson give birth at 50, jin spoil market.

I guess I'll deflect with a joke la. But my relatives all old also...maybe I'll do my usual cheeky grin + dunno shrug and ask them to eat more, eat more...with their mouths full hard to ask me more questions hahaha!

@verluv remember the 6wks, then 3mth growth spurt....where they latch and latch or dunwan to sleep....super fussy or niamteetee?

Well I read that at 6, 9 and even 12 mths and beyond will have these growth spurts!! But alongside are the developmental milestones, so hang in there!!!

Wan this sounds exactly like my LO.. put down sure cry.. the worst is i dunno wat she wants. But she is not drinking more. Last time I remember both my elder girls when they are having growth spurt, they are not as cranky. The most is they wanted more milk. Guess all babies are juz different.

So many cute clothes!

Oh Tuna.. poor thing coz I am in the exact situation as u.. they will also ask me to try again for the forth one and say sure boys one.. I will always say nowsaday 3 is considered many Liao. Or sometimes I will challenge them "sure boy ah? U guarantee?" Then they will auto shut up.. haha

Back