2017 Jan EDD

I tested positive at home when at 6 week n went to a gynae at amk to confirm. He immediately scan me with ultrascan to confirm pregnancy. I tot they were just going to test urine or blood first..

Saw the heart beating and quite shocked. The doctor said my next scan should be 4 weeks later at mid June but I don't think I want to go back to him.

Still contemplating on going subsidy route or just a general gynae as I don't feel a need to have someone famous and expensive. Any suggestion ?

If you wish for that it is perfectly okay. I am on the subsidised class vis polyclinic referral myself. Everything has been fine so far. Don't feel pressure to go into something you don't want. Private or subsidised is all up to us. Cheers. Good luck!

Hi all. All have been invited to the Facebook group until here. You will NOT receive a Facebook notification. You will receive an email to ask you to accept request. So you have to go and check your Facebook email.

Hello all mummies & mummies-to-be,

My EDD is 28jan....right smack on CNY! If all goes well, this will be my 2nd child. Appreciate if i can be added to the FB group pls. My email is [email protected]. thx!

Had a quick scan thru the chats, saw ppl asking abt tests. I did Materni T21 test for my #1 and at that time it was the newest n most accurate. Doc said not compulsory to do bcos it wasnt a high risk pregnancy but i opted to do it cos i had been doing lotsa drinking/travelling/eating raw food b4 i knew i was preggers. Anyways its a blood test done at week 10. This time round, doc said there is a new test called panorama..supposed to be more accurate than T21 and even cheaper. I paid 3k for t21!

Good luck to all mummies gg for first scan soon. I did mine 2 wks ago bcos i wanted to cfm my pregnancy. Only detected the sac, no heartbeat yet. Hope nx appt everything ok.

hiya, my edd is on 03.01.17. Can add me to fb?

My email: [email protected].

Any idea when should start looking for confinement lady? mine will fall within the CNY period, wonder if the price wise will be exp.

Thank u

hiya, my edd is on 03.01.17. Can add me to fb?

My email: [email protected].

Any idea when should start looking for confinement lady? mine will fall within the CNY period, wonder if the price wise will be exp.

Thank u

You should start looking for one. There are a few options:
1) CL to do over CNY (FULL 28 days) i was quoted around 3.6k
2) CL to do a shorted confinement. that meaning 2.8k prorated

Some of the CL i contacted do not even want to do over CNY. eventually we got PEM for the CL given the benefit from them over freelance CL and rule/regulation are already in placed

hi ! :) i think the harmony test has more accuracy (99%) while Oscar is 90% if i rem correctly. But Harmony test cost more at least $1000 and above. but if you are young and risk is not high u can just do the Oscar. Or do Oscar 1st if the results r not good then consider Harmony test.
Thank you :)

Hello all mummies & mummies-to-be,

My EDD is 28jan....right smack on CNY! If all goes well, this will be my 2nd child. Appreciate if i can be added to the FB group pls. My email is [email protected]. thx!

Had a quick scan thru the chats, saw ppl asking abt tests. I did Materni T21 test for my #1 and at that time it was the newest n most accurate. Doc said not compulsory to do bcos it wasnt a high risk pregnancy but i opted to do it cos i had been doing lotsa drinking/travelling/eating raw food b4 i knew i was preggers. Anyways its a blood test done at week 10. This time round, doc said there is a new test called panorama..supposed to be more accurate than T21 and even cheaper. I paid 3k for t21!

Good luck to all mummies gg for first scan soon. I did mine 2 wks ago bcos i wanted to cfm my pregnancy. Only detected the sac, no heartbeat yet. Hope nx appt everything ok.

Hi, I have the exact same EDD as you!

Please Add me in the FB group, [email protected] :)

Hi all. I have added all who requested to join the Facebook group. Those who still want to join, you can pm me your Facebook email address or just leave as a comment in this thread.

For those who keep having problems joining, please add Hayley Chong as a Friend and pm her to ask to add you into the group. Www.facebook.com/Hayley.chong.9406

You might also want the join the Facebook group 2017 SG Mummies and Daddies

Hi ladies,
Please add me [email protected].
My EDD is at 23 Jan. Suffering 24x7 morning sickness... Anybody having same fate as me?
Me!! I feel so nauseous but i only vomitted thrice so far. Doc says its a good sign? I'll feel so much better after vomitting... Doc says my morning sickness will get better after first tri which is next week or so... Hope you feel better soon!

Me!! I feel so nauseous but i only vomitted thrice so far. Doc says its a good sign? I'll feel so much better after vomitting... Doc says my morning sickness will get better after first tri which is next week or so... Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Angel,
I also only vomited 3 times since it started. Before i got preg, I have bad experience of vomiting until my gastric cramps, so i have been controlling myself from the urge. The worst period is when i am in long meeting. The feeling is always there and i don't even feel like drinking water. It is so tough.

Last edited:
Hi Angel,
I also only vomited 3 times since it started. Before i got preg, I have bad experience of vomiting until my gastric cramps, so i have been controlling myself from the urge. The worst period is when i am in long meeting. The feeling is always there and i don't even feel like drinking water. It is so tough.
I was told by another mummy that we should try to control the vomit(?) Because once you start to vomit then the feeling will keep coming back... But then i was like HOW?! Thn i try to suck on some candy and it made me feel a little better... I am also kinda afraid to drink water but i'm gonna try honey or juices... Maybe that'll help! Jiayou!

For me, although i feel it constantly, i hardly have the strong urge to throw up. Only certain food will trigger that. Food like chee chong fun, peanut porridge, pecan nut.
Lucky i also found fruits that helps like sunkist orange and grapes works very well for me to let out a big burp. Drinks like ginger tea, lemon tea and vitamin water lemonade also helps. You can try them. I also have medi on standby if i cannot eat or drink these.

For me, although i feel it constantly, i hardly have the strong urge to throw up. Only certain food will trigger that. Food like chee chong fun, peanut porridge, pecan nut.
Lucky i also found fruits that helps like sunkist orange and grapes works very well for me to let out a big burp. Drinks like ginger tea, lemon tea and vitamin water lemonade also helps. You can try them. I also have medi on standby if i cannot eat or drink these.
Lemon tea is okay? I've been avoiding it because doc says to avoid caffeine...

Hi everyone ! I tested 2 weeks back and tested twice (1x per week).. Showing as positive.

Using the app, my edd should be on Jan 23 but as it is my 4th child.. Chances are it will be Dec baby (again!)
Hi huihui,
We have the same edd! Dunno if mine will change again? I moved from 26 to 23.haha

Hi all. I have added all who requested to join the Facebook group. Those who still want to join, you can pm me your Facebook email address or just leave as a comment in this thread.

For those who keep having problems joining, please add Hayley Chong as a Friend and pm her to ask to add you into the group. Www.facebook.com/Hayley.chong.9406

Bump

Hi,

Please add me to FB. my email add is [email protected]

Btw anyone hiring confinement nannies that's gonna cross the CNY? My EDD is 17th June. have asked one confinement nanny and her quote was 4.5k :(:(:(.

Hi! Just found this thread - my EDD is 21 Jan 2017! Would be great to be part of any support group/community as i'm a first time mom. Getting a little overwhelmed by how little i know now! :(

I am a first time mum and I have the similar symptom too. No morning sickness and no nauseous. Just fatigue and frequent urination.

As long as there is no heavy bleeding, it is fine! I just went for my ultrasound and baby is well and active inside. We also managed to hear the heartbeat. Guess we are the lucky ones :)

Me too! i have no nausea, no symptoms at all other than needing to pee more frequently than usual, some fatigue and belatedness at times. That's why i didn't even realise i was pregnant till 9 weeks :/

Thanks. Im just in my wk 9...the nausea & vomitting is sooo arggh... when can this stop... how many of u still coping..

I'm just in my week 9 too! But my symptoms kinda ease off. Wonder if that's normal. My usual extreme hungry pangs are now gone! :/

I'm just in my week 9 too! But my symptoms kinda ease off. Wonder if that's normal. My usual extreme hungry pangs are now gone! :/

I think it's okay:) i had it quite badly during 1st trimester, i had terrible mood swings. it was pretty scary because i am usually quite calm and wont freak out so easily.

Hello.. my EDD is 23 jan. Pls add me on FB. My email: [email protected]

Thanks. Im just in my wk 9...the nausea & vomitting is sooo arggh... when can this stop... how many of u still coping..

oh dear :( being nauseous is pretty common, for me, it lasted till about week 11. but my mood swing was at the peak for me at week 9. thankfully, with hubby's support, manage to get over it. i hope you will get better soon, hang in there!

oh dear :( being nauseous is pretty common, for me, it lasted till about week 11. but my mood swing was at the peak for me at week 9. thankfully, with hubby's support, manage to get over it. i hope you will get better soon, hang in there!
Week 11??! Haiz... cannot tahan..night vomit and sickness is not giving me enough sleep.. hard to work in the mornings..argh..

I was on 1 week MC on week 11 due to severe morning sickness. Cost me almost $170 just to see the gynae for the med! He did a scan (which i said i no need to save $) because he said sometimes severe vomitting could be caused by some problems with the baby! Scare me... Im in my week 13 now! no more vommitting since last Fri... but still feel nauseous every time after a meal like wanna puke out. Also got my Harmony results, everything is good! I am being very paranoid and hope that the nurse looked at the right file.

Hi,
I wish to join the Fbk too.My Edd is 13 Jan 17. But I'm afraid my Fbk friends will know I'm pregnant which I'm keeping a low profile. Do you all know if my Fbk existing friends will find out or I should create a new Fbk account?

Bump! There are about 50 of you who have been invited by email but have not accepted the invite yet. Please check your spam. It might have gone there. You can also add Hayley as a Friend to add you into the group.

Hi,
I wish to join the Fbk too.My Edd is 13 Jan 17. But I'm afraid my Fbk friends will know I'm pregnant which I'm keeping a low profile. Do you all know if my Fbk existing friends will find out or I should create a new Fbk account?
It's a secret Facebook group so apparently people won't see u join or in it... Unless u have common friends in the group too

Do.add.me at [email protected]

Anyone's EDD on 28/29th Jan 2017? Asking on behalf for a friend. She was quoted 4.2k by confinement lady and cny eve, cny day 1 & 2 not working. Any ladies face the same problem?

Back