IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Looks like many under lc Cheng.
Jus did my iui yesterday. Only one follicle though.
Was asked to do bd on Friday when I went for scan.
Self injection with ovridrel on sat night. Went in for iui on Monday.
Asked to do bd again last night.
So now waiting till 11may to test if success or af comes first.
This is my first try at iui.

R u under lc Cheng for other cycles?
Im in the same cycle as you though its my 2nd attempt. All the best to you & hope we can get our double line next weekend!

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. Had a miscarriage last yr Aug and have been ttc till now. Was told that after miscarriage it's very fast to conceive again but that's not the case for me. So last week went to see a gynea Dr Ben Neo and he got my hubby to do a sperm test and prescribed me some vitamins, folic acid and serophene and told to go back next week to do a ultrasound and then he will give us a few dates to try. Did anyone of you went to see a gynea and had the same process as me before going for iui/so-iui? After reading all the comments here I'm eagle to go for iui/so-iui as I don't wan to waste any more time and also feeling so depress when I see my friends/colleague getting pregnant :'(

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. Had a miscarriage last yr Aug and have been ttc till now. Was told that after miscarriage it's very fast to conceive again but that's not the case for me. So last week went to see a gynea Dr Ben Neo and he got my hubby to do a sperm test and prescribed me some vitamins, folic acid and serophene and told to go back next week to do a ultrasound and then he will give us a few dates to try. Did anyone of you went to see a gynea and had the same process as me before going for iui/so-iui? After reading all the comments here I'm eagle to go for iui/so-iui as I don't wan to waste any more time and also feeling so depress when I see my friends/colleague getting pregnant :'(

usually if you're young it can take till 1 yr before conceiving. As you've conceived naturally before, getting pregnant is not an issue. good luck.

hi still on 2WW, and was asked to go back to clinic on wednesday. my last medication will stop on tomorrow, tues. anyone know what to expect? just pregnancy test or will there be a blood test?

Yes I was given the same process as you although we told doc that we had tried 7 years ttc.

Actually this process isn't entirely a waste of time, as it lets our doc check if we ovulate naturally. If we can ovulate naturally, then we can just do iui without hormone drugs (save $$ on them and no side effects). so-iui requires hormone drugs.

Last edited:
@twoonethree, yes i also never have late menses. Always report on the dot. The pill really delay my period by a few days. And also make AF come very slow. I keep spotting for a whole day before full flow usually is come within a few hrs after spotting.

I guess i have to try naturally for 2 cycles as my doc will be going away for almost an entire month of June. Not comfortable with switching docs midway. if next iui also unsuccessful, i will consider ivf at kkh.

@twoonethree, yes i also never have late menses. Always report on the dot. The pill really delay my period by a few days. And also make AF come very slow. I keep spotting for a whole day before full flow usually is come within a few hrs after spotting.

I guess i have to try naturally for 2 cycles as my doc will be going away for almost an entire month of June. Not comfortable with switching docs midway. if next iui also unsuccessful, i will consider ivf at kkh.

If you can do IUI/SO-IUI, KKH will also ask you to try first before moving to ivf.

Hi ladies, due to small follicles with only 1 that is at size 20, my gynae from kkh advised me to switch from ivf to iui. I had one failed try at another pte hospital. Really hoping that this 2nd time will be successful. I am glad there are support like this out there so that i dont feel lonely:) all the best to all!!!

Hi ladies, due to small follicles with only 1 that is at size 20, my gynae from kkh advised me to switch from ivf to iui. I had one failed try at another pte hospital. Really hoping that this 2nd time will be successful. I am glad there are support like this out there so that i dont feel lonely:) all the best to all!!!

You can try to proceed with this IUI cycle! I also had only one follicle of suitable size and he is 21 months now!

May sound strange because ivf have a much higher success rate than IUI. But sometimes it is just luck. Most top winners of Toto aren't long term betters too.

Last edited:
Thanks red.koi.junie I am a bit worried because not only I have only 1 grown follicle, my husband army is not very active also. Sigh.. Anyway will see if my menses come in the following 2 weeks.. Praying real hard now :)

Thanks red.koi.junie I am a bit worried because not only I have only 1 grown follicle, my husband army is not very active also. Sigh.. Anyway will see if my menses come in the following 2 weeks.. Praying real hard now :)

Hello Elia, I did 2 cycles of IUI back in 2011. I had only 1 follicle each cycle too and I have pretty bad endometriosis. Hubby's numbers are a little borderline but we succeeded on the second try with my little boy so dun lose hope!! :)

We are trying again tmr but this time round with Clomid. So for the first time ever, I'm seeing 2 follicles! Hopefully that will increase my chances too...

I did SO-IUI

i did SO-IUI
I also did so iui.But failed.Dr suggested to proceed ivf as not to waste time.Unfortunately Failed.Problem thin lining ever since miscariage as Ive already expected.Now gota fix that problem then can think frozen thaw cycle...Dun give up...Jiayo! May 2016 be our year...

My husband also have sperm problems. Think the count is barely the minimum recommended for SOIUI....

Keep us in the loop!

hi, i'm new here.
Fail 4x IUI, having TCM medication since Dec and just done my SO-IUI today.
5 eggs in total, 2 of them more are big however hubby sperm count low. really cross finger this works successfully. i wish to have your bless and wish me luck.

Keyik. Drink red bean soup. Wear socks. Keep urself warm. Husband don't take hot bath. Use cold. With wash up semen etc, it will be improved. Take care be natural. All the best blood test

hi, i'm new here.
Fail 4x IUI, having TCM medication since Dec and just done my SO-IUI today.
5 eggs in total, 2 of them more are big however hubby sperm count low. really cross finger this works successfully. i wish to have your bless and wish me luck.

I did iUI first time round in 2013, now my husband sperm count became even lower and doctor advised to do IVf instead of IUI. Did your doctor advise the same?

Good luck to you for your blood test two weeks later! Do things to keep you occupied and don't think too much.

Last edited:
Keyik. Drink red bean soup. Wear socks. Keep urself warm. Husband don't take hot bath. Use cold. With wash up semen etc, it will be improved. Take care be natural. All the best blood test

Thanks Phantom. TCM advise me to have double boil chicken essence to keep my body warm. trying to keep myself stress free.

I did iUI first time round in 2013, now my husband sperm count became even lower and doctor advised to do IVf instead of IUI. Did your doctor advise the same?

Good luck to you for your blood test two weeks later! Do things to keep you occupied and don't think too much.

Doc said this will be my last IUI otherwise it's very costly repeating the treatment. Last resort will be IVF and i hope not to go through that phase.
Btw, I have changed second doctor and she is more detailed than I had previously. I have better understanding of my chances/ progress/ and what should I do for next steps. She helped my friend succeed in IUI so I hope to gain luck from her.

Doc said this will be my last IUI otherwise it's very costly repeating the treatment. Last resort will be IVF and i hope not to go through that phase.
Btw, I have changed second doctor and she is more detailed than I had previously. I have better understanding of my chances/ progress/ and what should I do for next steps. She helped my friend succeed in IUI so I hope to gain luck from her.

Actually IVF is more costly than IUI, but of course repeat IUIs may eventually cost more. IVF has higher success rate than IVF. You are under which fertility centre/hospital? I was under KKH so I used medisave for my IUI, didn't pay any cash.

Hopefully Lady Luck is on your side and can end your IUI journey.

hi everyone, I did my IUI in April but failed. I went for review with Doc Jerry , I asked him how should I proceed next? he give me a 'borchap' look and told me '' up to you''.
We also asked him if the 2million sperm count was too low for IUI and it caused the failure? He said he only need 1 million sperm count and all by luck. And then he just looked at us and ask us how we want to proceed? :< :confused: so we decided to try iui again . The reaction and the response of the Doctor is not encouraging at all....and I have to search for more information from the forum :,

Hello. Sorry to hear that. I would like to share that Dr chemistry is very important. How messages and support relayed across plays a big part. Fyi we did at tmc with Dr SF loh. Ex head of kkh. We started last April. And bfp last dec. Got two of wife friend. One did ivf at age 40, hus low count, managed to bfp recently. Another one recently failed so iui. Where I agree, is number game, still Dr comfort level must be there. Imho, seek 2nd opinion. I wish u all the very best
hi everyone, I did my IUI in April but failed. I went for review with Doc Jerry , I asked him how should I proceed next? he give me a 'borchap' look and told me '' up to you''.
We also asked him if the 2million sperm count was too low for IUI and it caused the failure? He said he only need 1 million sperm count and all by luck. And then he just looked at us and ask us how we want to proceed? :< :confused: so we decided to try iui again . The reaction and the response of the Doctor is not encouraging at all....and I have to search for more information from the forum :,

I heard from my doctor recommended sperm count to do IUI is 5million. Can ask your husband take some supplements, my husband took Acemax from KKH pharmacy.

He is not lying when he say all is by luck. I didn't have chemistry with my doctors at KKH (every time is seen by different doctors anyway) but I still bfp. The doctors also gave me answers like "I dunno", "it depends", "I not sure".. Really vomit blood when you are new to all these fertility treatments.

My tmc dr suggest to my husband mega men from Gnc & tribestan from guardian pharmacy In helping out with sperm count if that is your concern...

Hajar..thanks for your suggestion but I have bought vitamin C and Zinc supplement. I searched on line, these 2 can help boosting sperm count.

Hajar..thanks for your suggestion but I have bought vitamin C and Zinc supplement. I searched on line, these 2 can help boosting sperm count.
Np...Zinc supplement yes also can but the mega men i think ingredients included..Not so pro on this men supplements but my hubby only take this 2 as per suggestion.Lol

red .koi junie > KKH docs recommended you Acemax? or you just bought from the shelf?

My doctor recommend supplements, after we went to KKH pharmacy to collect the staff give us AceMax. So we just took. But I can't seem to find it in other pharmacy. So I went back to KKH to buy every time.

hello everyone, i just started my so-iui with kkivf on friday after almost a year going to clinic d - kkh. husband and i are both 32; married for 11 years and been trying for a baby since 2010. we were both initially quite stubborn in admitting that we needed medical help which is why it took us so long to finally get checks done and ultimately we were both diagnosed with unexplained infertility but i did have to go through a laparoscopy to unblock a tube before we finally embarked on so-iui. i'm currently on the puregon only protocol (clomid was giving me very bad side effects and also the self injection makes me feel super cool! like some secret agent!) - today is day 2, i'm due for a scan this wednesday.
reading this forum has helped me greatly in understanding the process, and also dealing with the emotional aspect of it; so thank you!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I just did I my first so-iui. Doctor commented that husband's sperm is lousy, after wash up is 1 million. Can anyone share your experience and how much the volume is consider good to bfp? Thanks in advance

I try to retrieve my analysis report later. Also only one good one to bfp. Be natural and calm now

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I just did I my first so-iui. Doctor commented that husband's sperm is lousy, after wash up is 1 million. Can anyone share your experience and how much the volume is consider good to bfp? Thanks in advance

For what i knw 10million above however it just takes 1 to Bfp..Sometimes above a gd number also dun succeed....Keep praying talking to them inside...All the best...

For what i knw 10million above however it just takes 1 to Bfp..Sometimes above a gd number also dun succeed....Keep praying talking to them inside...All the best...
Dr Loh's first reaction was sperm is lousy. I don't know what to expect from now, so upset at his comment.

Btw, how many eggs do you all have during the stim? Are you in your 2ww now?

Dr Loh's first reaction was sperm is lousy. I don't know what to expect from now, so upset at his comment.

Btw, how many eggs do you all have during the stim? Are you in your 2ww now?
For my So-iui.Failed the procedure tho bck in February.Was super sudden and fast...Only 5 days of stim,check check 1 biggest egg measured at 19mm i think.So dr hury bury did the iui tho lining wasnt the max bcoz feared missed out the egg.Thus knowing that i knew it gona failed...

Back