(2014) ivf mummies support group

Faithfullyyours, for French beans, asparagus, broccoli, bananas organic are not necessary..

apples personally i always buy organic as it is the dirtiest food n pesticide not only on surface but wld have penetrate in during growth so i always buy organic apples. easily bought from ntuc.. even if i buy organic food i always peel off the skin as they are below 8 mths.. Better to remove the skin

Wah jialat lah.... I always buy non organic apples. The apples that I always buy are royal gala from NZ. But my favourite of all is Envy apples. Super sweet and crunchy!

Whenever I'm at the organic section, the organic apples always don't look nice to me. Yesterday I saw Fuji organic apples. Cheery, do you buy those usually?

faith, usually i buy gala apples from NZ.. i din buy fuji apples. the packaging is Organic apples 900g.. abt 8 to 9 apples in 1 pack.. ntuc promo price now is $4.95.. for pears i also buy organic.. it's harder to find organic pears.. manage to finally find the ntuc tt have it regularly on their shelf.

i find the apples taste sweeter n wun brown so easily after steaming. mb cos the sugar has break down during the steaming process

my twins also reject cereal.. so i stop giving too..

Okay think I better go NTUC Finest to take a look. Actually that day I was at NTUC Finest and I saw organic peaches and plums. Wanted to buy buy organic peaches 2 for $8+. So expensive!

I think my girl is not ready for the 3rd solid meal. Now I feed her twice at 12-1 pm and 6-7 pm. Both times she eats pretty fine, especially these few days. She can finish almost what I give her, usually about 4-5 oz of food. I want to introduce the 3rd solid meal to her and I actually started last Wednesday. I tried to feed her at 10 am. She refused to eat much. Then today I tried again. Same thing. Refused to eat. Only took 2 mouthfuls and that's it.

what do u do if baby take 2mouth n reject? u finish é food or keep or throw?

when cookin pumpkim, we should peel off é skin then steam n blend 2puree, correct? i never cook pumpkim b4...

Now that our babies start to have teeth, I wanna ask, do you all brush their teeth using infant toothbrush or still using cloth/gauze/Nuk oral wipes to clean their mouths?

I saw those tiny infant toothbrushes at kiddy palace that you actually wear with your index finger and the tip looks like a mini toothbrush. Don't know if I should get that to start brushing my girl's teeth.

what do u do if baby take 2mouth n reject? u finish é food or keep or throw?

when cookin pumpkim, we should peel off é skin then steam n blend 2puree, correct? i never cook pumpkim b4...
Joy, yeah I finish the food lor. I always finish whatever that's left over if she can't finish.

Yeah pumpkin/butternut must peel off the skin before steaming. Actually between pumpkin and butternut, butternut's nutritional value is better than pumpkin.

thanks.. i will find butternut 2cook soon..

i buy piegon 8m toothbrush n encourage baby 2hold with me.. brush 2gether.. i start abt 2wk ago.. brish bottom terth n gum. top gum. n tongue..

i feel should encourage baby 2like hold n brush. but 1problem.. i hold baby left hand.. tryin 2change to my left baby right hand...

faith, 2 wks ago i bought organic peaches from ntuc finest.. 2 for $4.25... from Argentina. Usually i buy when there is promo..
i still using the gauze to clean their mouth.. i let them try pigeon stage 1 toothbrush too.. they put in their mouth n bite around

joy, recently i found tt if i mix the food with water on the spoon.. they will open their mouth n finish all the food.. if they cannot finish i will finish it..

yes butternut is more nutritious tts y i din give them pumpkin n carrot.. sweet potato is also very good i bought the one from Aust.. gold sweet potato. peas also very good nutrition

Last edited:
Cheery, I feed water when I see that she doesn't want to open her mouth anymore then when I say water, she will open her mouth. But I don't lie to her. I will really give water like 2-3 mouthfuls. Then continue feeding solids.

I think my girl likes freshly made food. Just now I warmed up the food that I cooked for her yesterday. She didn't quite like it. Gave her 4 oz and she ate about 2 oz and rejected. But yesterday when I gave her the same food, she could finish almost 5 oz.

faith, mine also the same one hear water will open mouth. so i tot of diluting the solid with water n they will finish all the food cos i think mb easier for them to swallow too when dilute with water.. abt 1/2 spoon of water mixed with solids. now they can finish 3 oz plus the water i think abt 4oz in total for each feed. Usually i give different menu each day each feed.. only repeat on alternate days..

I just bought 2 suction Calibowls from Taka today. They are meant for my girl when I train her to self feed or when I give her finger foods. These are better than the Munchkin ones and those non slip ones. They really stay fit on the tray. I read rave reviews about this. Even the Taka staff also told me that it's very popular and often out of stock.
ImageUploadedByForum1438185044.942387.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1438185062.177244.jpg

Wanted to buy from Amazon but this product doesn't ship to SG.

Also saw Philips air fryer selling at $259 for 0.8L (manual), free extra grilling pan and additional recipe book. Is it a good deal? For those who have Philips air fryer, can advise if the price is reasonable? Or should I wait for the Philips sales?

Last edited:
Faithfully is that suction bowl? I bought one from first baby but useless. My boy can remove it from table. Waste my $8 & no point selling it coz it's useless. Sad.

I got Cali bowl but not the auction type. I bought suction one from mothercare forget what brand it works great too just that it doesn't have Cali bowl that corner when they scope can prevent spillage.

Ete, yes that's a suction bowl. Read rave reviews about it so decided to give it a try and when I bought the high chair at Taka in May, the staff recommended this to me too but at that time, it was out of stock.

Today I cooked quinoa seeds for my girl mixed with potatoes, broccoli, zucchini and threadfin. Maybe it's my first time cooking quinoa seeds, somehow it looks funny to me.
ImageUploadedByForum1438239227.405228.jpg

Potatoes, broccoli and zucchini not in the picture.

Have you read about these 7 foods that if reheat, will cause danger to the body?

http://www.healthtipsportal.com/warning-never-reheat-these-7-foods-they-can-poison-your-family/

I've warmed up spinach, potatoes and chicken for my girl before.

So even if I freeze these foods mentioned, I also need to warm up the food after thawing and before serving, right?

Cheery, you thaw the frozen food with tap water and use hot water to warm up, right? Is the food warm enough to serve?

faith, yes i thaw the oxo blocks with tap water for abt 2 hrs before i warm it up with hot water.. i will test the temp of the food before serving to make sure tt it is warm enough.. i nv freeze or reheat the 7 food listed in the website.

Reheat is using the stove to heat up the food.
Warm up is using those hot water to warm up the food.
I think so ba

Cheery, I went to NTUC Finest at century square today. I didn't see the organic peaches that you mentioned. In the end I bought 2 organic peaches for $8+. I bought organic royal gala appIes from NZ too. I also saw organic russet potatoes but it's selling at $21 for one big bag. I asked if there's smaller bag. They said don't have. In the end I didn't buy because I'm afraid they will sprout before I finish cooking them.

i know sweet potato pumpkim carrot contains beta carotene.. but i canot help it, buy 4baby again.. i hope 2servings over weekend wun b too much...

Another question for those who use Philip blender and steamer. For me I steam the veg and blend then portion it into per serving and freeze for next usage. The question is after steaming usually inside contains water too right u all blend together? Cause I tend to steam all the diff types of veg separately then after that blend together. But I realise by doing so the water from the steam won't be blended meaning the nutrients gone? I'm like only blending the dry veg.

i will blend right aft steam.. with é evaporated water droplets.. if not enough liquid then add more water or milk...

faith, the ones that I bought are 2 peaches in a packaging... usual price is $4.95.. promo at 4.25... Think from spain/Argentina... will take a pic if I see it at ntuc..

Iwantahealthybaby, yes sweet potato is under the high beta carotene category.. advice is introduce once a day and max 3 times a week..
i prepare the veggie separately in the steam blend n store it up in cubes.. i use the water after steaming to blend.. i do not discard the water.. except for carrots i will discard the water due to the nitrates in the water after steaming... i will only mix the veggies after warming up before serving

Last edited:
Yes sweet potato is under orange vegetables category. Same as carrot, pumpkin and butternut.

I usually mix vegetables in the steamer and blend together. I usually don't pour away the cooking water as in the water left in the container after steaming. I will just blend together with it. For those who are concerned about the nitrates in carrot and spinach, I read that nitrates is only harmful for babies under 6 months old because they cannot process nitrates properly in their digestive systems.

Yesterday I introduced cauliflower and French beans with porridge and threadfin.

I recently came up with a new way of preparing homemade food for my girl. In the past, I used to prepare the food in bulk and store up using Avent storage cup in the refrigerator. Usually there would be 3 servings portions. Then I'll feed her lunch-dinner-the next day lunch. Then I read about the reheating of food can pose a danger to the body so I decided to prepare her food fresh for every meal. More work but I think it's definitely safer.

This was what I had done for the past few days:
- cook porridge with fish/poultry in the morning and leave it in the thermal magic cooker.
- steam and blend vegetables before each meal (only for 1 serving portion. If got extra, I'll eat it). Then mix with porridge with fish/poultry and serve.
- scrape/cut fruits into very small pieces and serve before each meal.

Actually I've decided to do it this way also partly because I grow up in an environment which my mum doesn't allow me to eat leftovers overnight food. We throw away leftovers. My mum always prepares food fresh for us every meal everyday. So I am thinking then why should I allow my girl to eat leftovers overnight food?

Also I hope my girl will be able to eat different foods for each meal.

I thought of freezing foods but after I read the texture of foods after freezing and thawing, I don't like the idea.

By the way, those using Avent steamer and blender, do you all notice a layer of brown colour stain that is not caused by the food cooked after washing and drying?

The brown colour stain can't be scrubbed away with the Avent washing brush. It will only come off using fingernails.

Last edited:
sweet potato n butternut pumpkin works! gave lik 5oz n baby finish everythg.. give water also ok! wonder if it's é taste or é timin? aft nap... tks 4sharin butternut mummies!

i steam all é 3 sweet potato n puree abt 1 for baby. eat é other 2myself..
butternut puree é whole portion i bought, serve some n freeze è balance in 2portions... i shall mix with smthg fresh n defrost n see if baby likes...

wat a weekend!

my avent steamer got stains that i canot remove!

Joy, try not to mix 2 orange vegetables together because the beta carotene will be high. Sweet potato is sweet. Butternut is also sweet. If you mix these 2, it's quite sweet. But if give once in a while should be fine.

Next time try butternut and apple. My favourite combination of all. Taste heavenly! My girl's favourite too!

i stop taking all multivitamins. I have but always forget. I try coconut oil but it always upset my stomach and I feel nauseous. ya I heard avent steamer one problem is the stains and dirt especially at the HOLES area. I ever saw one post in fb one mummy complain about her steamer and those holes look horrible. I also have some stains but the holes area still ok.

faith apple u steam and blend? I heard some say apple after steam they taste sour. I haven't try.

I notice my steamer has stains after steaming fish/poultry. The holes area looks okay. It's the side and the white cover. I soaked them yesterday to see if the stains can be removed.

I always use royal gala apple from NZ, be it organic or non organic. So far no problem. I taste it. Not sour. If you are worried, you can mix with packham pear.

faith, i saw the peach u bought at finest yesterday. too exp i nv buy.. i bought frozen organic blueberries as very hard to get fresh organic blueberries.. blueberries one of the dirtiest food with pesticide so i think tts y frozen easier to get as it spoils easily. i nv take fenugreek after trying 1 day... all taking coconutoil n ganilia as ganilia have dha.

mine also the same got the brown stains... Dunno citrus acid can remove anot.. as it's very useful for descaling metal surfaces..

Iwantahealthybaby, so far i always steam the apples n it actually taste sweeter after steaming cos the fructose sugar break down during streaming process n i also realise tt the aaple after steaming doesn't brown.. when i placed in the apples after a while it brown but during the steaming the apples revert back to its original colour.
mb the mummy use green apples tts y sour? or the apple spoil liao?

Cheery, I made peach with Greek style natural yoghurt for my girl today. I saw the peaches that I bought were product of USA. Not from Spain.

After soaking for one night with the baby detergent, the stains are still there but better as some come off.

Yeah the apples after steaming will not turn brown easily. I ever refrigerated apple + pear purée and it didn't turn brown at all.

faith, yap mb tts y more expensive? i made them fresh baby kale n parsnips puree today. bought from finest yesterday.. haven introduce yogurt yet

Ah kale... I saw it at cold storage. Parsnips too. But I didn't buy.

Now my girl has some rashes at the back above her butt area. Don't know what causes it. That day when I discovered it, I gave her spinach but it wasn't my 1st time giving her. She wore Merries walker. Also not her 1st time wearing. She wore it many times already. Brought her to baby spa and wore their swim diaper. Also not first time. So I really don't know what causes it. It is spreading.

Ah kale... I saw it at cold storage. Parsnips too. But I didn't buy.

Now my girl has some rashes at the back above her butt area. Don't know what causes it. That day when I discovered it, I gave her spinach but it wasn't my 1st time giving her. She wore Merries walker. Also not her 1st time wearing. She wore it many times already. Brought her to baby spa and wore their swim diaper. Also not first time. So I really don't know what causes it. It is spreading.
ImageUploadedByForum1438772414.737663.jpg

Anybody knows what could have caused this rashes? Heat rash?

kale n parsnips are high in calcium vit A n C.. i introduce parsnips earlier n they like it. bought earthbound organic kale n non organic parsnips from finest yesterday.

hmm did u try any new shower gel or cream?

No leh. She has been using Mustela shower gel and moisturiser since birth. She doesn't have this at all until 2 days ago. Do you think it's eczema? But I don't think eczema looks like this. If she has eczema, I think it would have shown much earlier already.

Faith my younger girl also always have the rashes above butt area just where the diaper waist band there. I also don't know is it diaper rash. I notice it happen when I'm using mamy poko. Now I use drypers shall see after recovery come back a not. I also sync all IFC and home bath gels and lotion to same. Previously mixing mustela and California then I Change all to California baby. I also just start using their eczema cream.

Can we freeze Apple purée? I steam and blend earlier on don't know can freeze a not?

Iwahb, yes it's that area that you are talking about. I think probably it could be because I used Drypers. Ever since I finished using Petpet, I switched to Drypers for day use at home. I finished using 1 pack (80 pieces) of Drypers size M. I notice it's a bit too small for my girl. Then I also have Drypers night. Now using Drypers night for day use at home because I wanna quickly finish all. Actually ever since I started using Drypers, I noticed on and off, she will develop some rash like looking bits but not as serious as the one at the back. What do you apply? Nappy rash cream? What did you do to help her recover? I apply drapolene. Just now I used salt water to dab on the rash area when I gave her her evening bath.

Actually I am thinking of changing from Mustela to Gaia because Gaia is organic and more baby friendly. But I haven't changed yet.

Last edited:

Back