(2014) ivf mummies support group

omg faith actually now that u mention it might be drypers that cause the rash cause way back I use mamy poko then once I change drypers then I think the rash start then I thought is dryper at first so I stop dryper totally and go back to mamy poko then ok then suddenly come and go again till I also blur don't know what cause it. previously I use nuskin aloe gel it works like magic. frankly I feel diaper cream doesn't help. I stop using diaper cream totally. if got rash at the gentials I will use the antiseptic cream once heal I will stop all creams. if you thinking to try another cheaper brand diapers can try onwards from ntuc. its actually quite ok no rash when my girls use but the cutting at below like a bit long my girl wear like droping so I stop but I think my girls small size that's why. I see other use like so fitting. quality better than pet pet.

California baby also organic I think isit? I got gaia previously but a bit oily when I pour in bath tub the girls tend to slip into it. not bad also just that the slipping make me busy always need to catch them.

Just brought my girl to see PD for her rash. She said it's heat rash due to the diaper waist band. Gave her a mild anti fungal cream to apply. Then PD strongly recommended Pampers.

For me i notice after using merris my baby got rash. Yesterday i bought drypers night should see.
Btw i have already given my girl yolk at 7th month and white at 8th month. My pd will assess what to give. My girl every month will see my pd for review and injection so very good. Every month get to check up on her growth, lungs, food intake, improvement and etc. Will be all the way until 20 months.

Iwahb, I still have 2 packs of Petpet size L at home. I'm going to let my girl use that. After that, I will keep to Merries and Pampers. Actually I want to try Mamy Poko but now got rash, I don't know if I should try.

I just found out my friend who gave birth to a daughter last October is now pregnant again for #2. She stopped BF when her daughter turned 6 months old and her menses came once and now pregnant for 10 weeks already. Naturally conceived.

Happy for her but at the same time......the feeling is like back to those days when people around us just keep getting pregnant without any difficulty.

I just found out my friend who gave birth to a daughter last October is now pregnant again for #2. She stopped BF when her daughter turned 6 months old and her menses came once and now pregnant for 10 weeks already. Naturally conceived.

Happy for her but at the same time......the feeling is like back to those days when people around us just keep getting pregnant without any difficulty.

i rem how it feels.. n i can sense wat is comin nex.. at cny every relative will ask when ur 2nd one comin..

in my heart i will say i dun know how 2hav 2nd one.. è 1st came aft a lot of sweat n blood n lots of $ spent..

Mummies, I strongly don't recommend steaming fish/poultry using the Avent steamer.

I have done that many times and I find that it's very difficult to gauge if the fish/poultry has been cooked thoroughly.

Today I poach threadfin in boiling water. It's so much easier to see if the fish has been thoroughly cooked. All I need is just steam the vegetables, blend and mix with the fish.

I so far only steam before salmon using the avent. Usually I don't steam meat cause I always pour into slow cooker and cook with porridge. My girls are back to eating more solids already. Happy happy. One thing their poo very very smelly. Can faint type. Long weekend what you all plan so far? Everywhere is crowded. Ladies any other vegetables u all mix with porridge? That day let me girls eat the steam apple right after that cough like mad gosh!

I no more steam apple long time ago now I just scrap frm the apple n give it to my boy. My boy now 13 mths I've already let him eat almost all food except seafood have yet to try. Only those dried scallop haha

So far I've given my girl these:

Grains:
Brown rice, rice, quinoa seeds

Fruits:
Avocado, banana, apple, pear, peach, papaya

Vegetables:
Butternut, pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, broccoli, cauliflower, French beans, green peas, sweet corn, zucchini, potato, spinach, silken tofu, tomato, asparagus

Fish/Poultry:
Threadfin, salmon, beef, pork, chicken, (thinking of giving her lamb but I don't know if I can stand the smell. LOL!)

Dairy:
Yoghurt

I started giving my girl apple and banana cut into bite size for her to eat.

long weekend over :( back to reality. ladies just want to check if your babies still cry often? like a little bit only cry? I feel mine like still babies like that.

Iwahb, my girl now cries when I step away to do things, and when I take away something that she's holding onto. Especially the taking things away from her. She's like throwing tantrum. Don't know if it's separation anxiety.

ya something like that for my younger, if I leave her sight she start crying too. elder one I notice tends to cry for no reason lol. I mean like cry baby type. not happy cry. lol

Sometime they act crying to get ur attention. N if they see u leave them behind they will cry, is normal I guess.

Think is normal? Mine also like crying baby. I walk away she cry, take her thing she cry, tell her not do be like this sure cry, don't carry she cry. Her cry there cry alamak..
My girl progress still very slow. I see other babies crawling already mine still cannot. She only uses walker.

Joy, my girl likes to scream too, and it's very pitch high type! Sometimes she screams in the public for no reason, then I am like OMG! I read it's because they have discovered they have voices, so it's like trying it out loud.

Lynn, yes my girl only these few days start to cry when I step away to do things, and when I take away things from her.

Lynn, can your girl stand up already? Maybe she will skip the crawling part, and progress to standing up.

Lynn, I read it's not very good to let baby sit in the walker.

Do you all baby talk to your babies? I realise I don't do that. I talk to her like an adult. Wondering if it's okay. I will describe things to her, tell her where we are going, who we are going to meet, what clothes she's going to wear.

faith, that's great! i introduce kale with parsnips n they like it. previously i tried mixing butternut or peas with parsnips.

mine will also cry if i walk away to do something. so must quickly do our bring them asking when i doing stuff. Usually let them sit on high chair n let them play with something to keep them occupied while i do laundry or preparing their food.

lynn mine is doing leopard crawl.. not the real crawl.. using both hands n legs to push forward. my girl can move n rotate herself in leopard crawl ard the hse. both likes to stand up with support.. they can stand holding on the gym mat stand

Last edited:
i know sm studies say walker not good.. but we r ok, more concern it will damage flooring... i also sit in walker for long time as i grew up.. we use exersaucer too.. keeps baby entertained n some toys help train fine motor skills n hand eye co-ordination.. but best not to use long hours.. i try 2limit within 30mins each session...

i m tryin to teach baby to not scream.. challenging....

When I bring my boy to polyclinic for the hearing assessment the nurses told us not to use walker bcoz they will tend to keep on tip toe. From start I nv use walker at all, my boy start to walk at 11 mths. Some ppl uses walker n slow down their progress while some very fast. So I think it depends on individual bb

Does anyone start to discipline your baby?

The nurse at Hougang Polyclinic said we need to start discipline our 9-month-old now. She even said after 1 year old, it will be even harder to change any undesirable behaviour. Is that true? She said don't always pick her up when she cries. But I think this is very old school. I prefer to attend to her needs when she cries to build a long lasting trust, even if she just wants to be held.

Last edited:
My dh would prefer to start disciplining them but I still find it too fast. They doesn't know a thing. My t2 started with commando crawl like lizard like that move around the house lol. My t1 not as active she crawl the proper way on her knees but crawl two steps back three steps so after 10mins she is still at the same spot lol. My t2 love to climb and crawl around. Fall a few times Liao. T1 super careful type think and think and think decide crying is the best so whenever she does this there will be someone going to her. Carry her, pass her stuff etc.

11mths can walk unassisted snow? Fast! Some babies really very fast. My coming 10mths already don't know by 1 yr old can walk a not. I got walker but seldom use cause they prefer to be carried instead of left behind.

My dh would prefer to start disciplining them but I still find it too fast. They doesn't know a thing. My t2 started with commando crawl like lizard like that move around the house lol. My t1 not as active she crawl the proper way on her knees but crawl two steps back three steps so after 10mins she is still at the same spot lol. My t2 love to climb and crawl around. Fall a few times Liao. T1 super careful type think and think and think decide crying is the best so whenever she does this there will be someone going to her. Carry her, pass her stuff etc.

11mths can walk unassisted snow? Fast! Some babies really very fast. My coming 10mths already don't know by 1 yr old can walk a not. I got walker but seldom use cause they prefer to be carried instead of left behind.

He start cruising at 10 mths, probably he keep using the play yard to pull himself up n use that to walk n after that at 11 mths he's walking bit by bit. Now he walk ard the whole house climb up sofa n table

Hi ivf mummies, if you still have frozen embryo, When will you start to do FET? Must wait for menses then can start for FET?

I am very happy my son can stand up & without support for 8 seconds. He is cruising around with the support of furniture n can crawl too. Hopefully he can walk soon so I don't have to carry him. He is also growing 4 teeth above n 2 teeth below. He only like to eat fruits. Porridge, tofu rejected.

Kitkats very fast ur boy :) so happy for u. U know I always hope And pray my girls can do this walking and standing and so on and on soon too but sometime I think already I feel sad and worrying like is it signs they don't need me soon? Like when I want carry them they will refused as they simply want to try to walk themselves :( both my girls so far only 2 teeth bottom.

I have 7 frozen left. But don't think I will use it so soon. My first Ivf with 6 frozen failed. Only succeed with 2nd Ivf. So not hoping much on the frozen I have left although still paying for the storage fee.

Kitkats very fast ur boy :) so happy for u. U know I always hope And pray my girls can do this walking and standing and so on and on soon too but sometime I think already I feel sad and worrying like is it signs they don't need me soon? Like when I want carry them they will refused as they simply want to try to walk themselves :( both my girls so far only 2 teeth bottom.
Don't worry they will still need & want u till they have a boyfriend? Hehe joking la. I feel Having daughter is better, got mother's heart.
I want my son to walk soon cos I think he is heavy to carry... But I heard walking soon also difficult to control him. Aiya see how la....

Don't worry they will still need & want u till they have a boyfriend? Hehe joking la. I feel Having daughter is better, got mother's heart.
I want my son to walk soon cos I think he is heavy to carry... But I heard walking soon also difficult to control him. Aiya see how la....

When ur son learns how to walk u will need to walk behind me n chase him n prevent him from touching ur stuff which is quite busy for u. N u need to guard ur stuff n block access frm living room to kitchen lol

I see all your progress so good. My girl also like my buddy's girls only 2 bottom teeth. My girl totally cannot crawl, the crawl position only can turn 360° but still same position lol. The only good thing is my girl at 6 months started talking. Can call papa mama want to go out or eat also can tell us already. The rest of the things still slow when then can walk as cannot even crawl.
Where you all plan to host the birthday party. I still have not planned.

Anyone here have crawling babies and those trying to stand or have stand and move around with help of furniture find play yard useful? My babies started to crawl and stand and now i am thinking if I should get play yard.

I have a hand me down play yard which doesn't fix to ground. Pretty dangerous when my baby is trying to get up and pushes his weight on it. The fence will shift. Not sure if we use it correctly.
Maybe a sit and stand walker is better. Or just guide them when cruising around

We make our own "play yard" with the bed rails I got but couldn't use on the bed as it dangerous. I put bed rails on the floor with the play mat n other furniture to support it so that when my son push n pull the bed rail will still stay in place. Yes I think normal play yard will move if my son use it to stand up.
I did put my boy in the playpen but that time I placed it beside the wall n he knock onto the wall after he fall. He cried like mad then. So caution don't place playpen near the wall to prevent bump.

this morning I ask my dad about the play yard and he say got use? he ask me if babies cry we still must go and carry right and he also mention very space consuming and when cleaning very troublesome. so I guess no play yard for me.

my baby also gong é wall last night.. so loud! n not even walkin.. jus flippin n swimmin around.. we pretend like nothg happen n he wail 5sec n stop.. i guess more bumpin around.. we r trying 2create a bigger space 4baby 2learn crawl.. hdb is so small!!

oh ya my younger will always swim around when sleeping and many times she bump her head on the wall.

parsnip is white carrot? cooling? yesterday I bought but dad say super cooling ask me don't give cause my girls are coughing.

Iwantahealthybaby, nope parsnips is not white carrot. u Google n show ur dad the difference. white carrot is 白萝卜.. Parsnips is 欧洲防风草 or 欧洲萝卜.. not very commonly known for local.. angmoh eats them more frequently.. haha

i nv knew all these veggies.. thanks to my twins for widening my knowledge in food

I think white carrot is turnips?

I started using play yard when my girl turned 6 months old. So far so good for us. We put play mat as cushioning. She sometimes tries to stand up using the play yard fence, and sometimes loses her balance, and falls down, and knocks her head on the floor. With the play mat in place, it seems to help to absorb the impact of the fall, and hence, she doesn't really cry.

My girl can crawl, and stand up using the support of her crib frame.

She is now experiencing separation anxiety madly. She can't stand me leaving her at all. She will cry madly.

Back