(2014) ivf mummies support group

Joy, her fever was very sudden. So I read up a bit. I told PD my suspicion about UTI. So she took baby's urine sample by sticking a small bag at her vagina. I BF her and she urinated. PD did a simple urine test with the dipstick and said she has UTI. PD is also sending her urine to the lab for urinalysis and urine culture. PD prescribed her antibiotics. I'm quite skeptical about giving her antibiotics but I think no choice since she has UTI.

faith, last time my girl also check on uti due to her sudden fever n vomiting. they din manage to collect from the small bag.. n tried to collect through a tube as they say bag collection bag results actually not accurate.. cos easily contaminated.. Better to insert the urinary tract to collect the clean urine sample.. it's was a heartbreaking process as i waited outside while they try to collect the sample in the procedure room my girl was screaming n crying.. i couldn't take it n went in to stop the procedure a few times as they din manage to insert as the hole too small... after 30 mins, i couldn't take it anymore n demand to stop n ask for alternative method.. "clean catch" so i bf her n open her diaper to wait for her to pee to collect the sample.. she was clear of uti.. dr also unable to diagnose the cause of fever just say mb some viral infection.. she was given 1 dose of paracetamol at the hospital n recover.. no antibiotics

Last edited:
Cheery, I have started her on the antibiotics already so I guess I just have to make sure she completes it.

Lynn, how heavy is your girl now? My girl has gained more weight after she started solids. After one month of solids, she gained 1 kg which I think is very good. Now she refuses to eat solids, I'm a bit worried.

My girl 8 month only 7.09kg before lost weight. Now lost weight so think lighter. After injection she really lost a lot of weight.

My girl's weight at 7.5 months is about 7.5 kg. At 6 months, she was only about 6.6 kg. What was very shocking was from 5 months to 6 months, she didn't put on weight at all! 5 months also 6.6 kg. But when I carried her that time, I could feel she's heavier and she looked chubbier. So I don't know why 5 months to 6 months, no gaining of weight. So after solids, she seems to put on weight much faster. So that's why I hope her loss of appetite is just temporary.

Did your PD give your girl multivitamin syrup? I give to my girl every night to increase her appetite.

My girl is healthy, active and happy most of the time. Except her weight is on the lighter side. She hits her milestones well. She can now sit up on her own.

I got multi-vit just that my girl the meal very nutritious already so never give. My girl is happy and active. So i think should be fine ba.. oops she is the most petite here.

another week to the baby fair. suddenly so excited thou I think I don't have much to buy also. but the tot of going and see see just makes me happy.

I'm also looking forward to the baby world fair next weekend. Going to collect my preorders. Yeah!

How's everyone? We have been real quiet these few days.

I am excited too.. yeah have been busy for the past few days. Haha.. i am going to bring trolley to the fair. I got a lot of things to buy..

I am bringing my pump set there lol to pump when its time. I guess I wont leave there so fast. how is everyone. ya real quiet. where r u ladies?

my fringe hair loss bad.. thinkin of how 2mak thgs better..

my baby fell off é bed last week.. feel guilty.. mayb should not let baby sleep with us on our bed liao...

Joy meme hope ur son is ok now.
I bought 3 long bed rails to install on my bed after my baby fell down too. N he still gana stuck in between the bed n bed rail sometime. Once he cried when caught in between. Another time I wake up saw him sleeping in between... Funny but dangerous.

Joy meme hope ur son is ok now.
I bought 3 long bed rails to install on my bed after my baby fell down too. N he still gana stuck in between the bed n bed rail sometime. Once he cried when caught in between. Another time I wake up saw him sleeping in between... Funny but dangerous.

Kitkat must watch out for him. Can be very dangerous. Maybe put a bell so when there's movement u r alerted. There's news in Taiwan where toddler got stuck suffocated.

Which baby fair? July is the mega one or Sept? Do u recall last year there's one event where they brought in baby Disney held at suntec? Which one was it?

tks.. cry 1min n stop. no vomit can latch n play.. hope no injury tat we din spot..

è rail not very safe also..

cot he can turn 90degree...

dun know where 2sleep then safe.. mayb should sleep on floor...

Which baby fair? July is the mega one or Sept? Do u recall last year there's one event where they brought in baby Disney held at suntec? Which one was it?

That one is *************** In August . July is baby market fair

What I do is I stuff those pillows and bolster into the space between the bed rails and mattress and yes once they start crawling it's really not safe to sleep on bed with us. I will "promote" to sleeping on the floor on mattress with my girls if there is a need.

Joy how many months now from delivery? My hair lost I think stop already. Haven't seen much hair on floor now as compare to 4-5mths pp. now if there is hair lost I think is cause my girls love to pull my hair

Kitkats, yes the rails are not very safe too. Like what ete said, must watch out for your boy too.

Ete, the July fair is Baby World at Expo from 10-12 July. The other mega fair is in August. That one is *************** at Suntec from 28-30 August.

Any of your babies already wearing Size L for your diaper? I still got long way to go as my girl only 7kg at 8 month. Think size L is from 9kg onwards.

Still using size M diapers. I just finished my Petpet size M and started using Drypers. Those that I bought from JB. Bought 4 packs of 80 pieces. Don't know if my girl will outgrow it or not soon.

I check Petpet size L is 10 kg onwards. Pampers size 4 is 7 kg onwards.

I bought Drypers night to try. Not bad. $10.50 for 40 pieces at Giant.

i m lik 7m from delivery.. sm hair loss start growin back.. looks weird too... hope get better soon..

my baby ok with drypers m siz.. i dun stock up anythg.. usually finishin then buy 2set stand by.. 1 for ifc 1 for home... mayb only wipes we buy 2bag extra.. we use huggies wipe.. luv it!

My son wearing L size one month ago. He is 9.6kg one month ago..

I also don't stock up. Buy 2 packs the most.

9kg I change to L size already.

I tried a lot of brand. Dryper, mammy poko, huggies n merries. Mammy poko quite good. Absorb well n tahan longer.

I bought butternut squash from NTUC Extra at Changi.
ImageUploadedByForum1436076973.786583.jpg

Previously my girls wear mamy poko ok but this lately realise their back waist area (the area the diapers sit on the waist and the tag at the side there) start to have rashes and red red. Don't know is it allergy from diapers or?

Previously my girls wear mamy poko ok but this lately realise their back waist area (the area the diapers sit on the waist and the tag at the side there) start to have rashes and red red. Don't know is it allergy from diapers or?
I also got This problem. Don't know is i using merries and mamy poko the same time then kenna. I Jane stopped merries and getting only mamy poko now alone hopefully can recover from the rash.

Hands down Zoji! Thermos can't even keep the food hot till lunch time. Zoji by evening still piping hot. I brought thermos to winter countries and it because cole water by 3pm.

My zojirushi i bought from qoo10. Don't know is it chiong or what. 11am put in the porridge by evening like become cold already.

Lynn, did you put boiling water into the thermal jar and leave it for 5 minutes before pouring porridge in?

I started using my Tiger 250 ml thermal jar. It's warm but not piping hot. Bigger thermal jar can retain heat better.

I read on some reviews that Zojirushi is better.

My zoji not from qo10 but I also realise not hot. As in can't retain for long hours. Won't be cold but not as hot as I thought it will be. I bought mine at isetan. Could be Didn fill up the zoji that's why can't retain heat as good. I also Didn use hot water on zoji before use. I know they say it will retain hotness better. I remember I scope up porridge into my zoji at 9plus then give lunch at 12plus and by 6 when i give again as dinner the porridge is cold le.

Actually if bought from those departmental store and not hot can go back and change new one. My friend did that as the thermal might be spoilt. I went tangs and ask they told me must put hot water which i never. Also i never fill it full so will be cold very fast.
Maybe i try the hot water method first. If really cannot i will go and buy from departmental store paying at a much higher price but at least got warranty.
When must we give 3 meals huh. Any idea?

Yeah to retain heat better, need to pour boiling water into the thermal jar first to warm up the thermal jar, then put porridge in. Yes the thermal jar needs to be filled up full.

I have 2 Tiger thermal flasks. One small and one big. Everyday I'll fill up both flasks in the morning. I realise the small one can't retain heat as good as the big one. By late afternoon, the water is just warm. But the big one is still piping hot.

Faith, for porridge you use thermal container before? Is it so piping hot? What brand you bought? Tiger? How many ml?
So excited to go to the fair this week.

Lynn, I bought Tiger. I have 2 thermal bottles. Can't really remember the volume. I have 4 thermal cups of 250 ml x 2, 320 ml x 1 and 380 ml x 1.

I have used one 250 ml for porridge. It's not piping hot but warm enough to serve.

Seems like don't have piping hot thermal container hor.. my zojirushi is warm only also but towards cold.
Anymore going to the fair for any purchase?

I got the 250ml one like faith. Actually when u all say pipping hot how hot is hot? Haha. I Didn go back change cause I think 6hrs Shld be acceptable. Not like from slow cooker type of hot la lol.

Back