(2014) ivf mummies support group

when i first got back to work after maternity i keep falling asleep in office. damn terok. now slightly better but i also will take some time on net for personal stuffs. like this forum, qo10, surf and google and fb-ing hahaha. oops

iwahb-does ur younger twins turn n look for u to latch when u 2lie down side by side? mines does that.. very sweet..

Yes joy she very auto one when its time for bed I bring her in we lay down together don't know is my weight too heavy or what she will naturally turn and position herself haha..like magnetic force. But there are also nights where she doesn't latch cry cry cry then daddy got to rock her to sleep.

I bought a few stories books but my girls just love biting them. they cannot be bothered on the contents. try reading till I can memorise already lol now I don't even need to open the book I know whats next. my car nursery songs I also play and play till I know what song comes after this hahaha.

joy yes I still manage to produce enough for both my girls. they are small drinkers in a way lucky can tahan the bm till they over 6months. per sessions for both is 300ml combine and on average both drinks 5-7x per day. this also means that I cannot lazy in pumping. my yield is just nice only. in fact last week I took out some fbm cause my mum keep wasting my bm on elder. keep feeding her during night when she cant sleep and always cant finish.

i will for sure miss the bond i have with my younger during sleeping cause she latches to sleep. i don't latch her at any other position or during the day only at night when sleeping we lay down on bed side by side and she turn to latch. other than that she is always on bottles.

ladies may i check with you, lets say now my elder is on 140ml bm every 3-4hrly so if i want to give her fm how much should it be. i saw from the fm tin that bb after 6mths if feed on average 5-6x per day is 6 scopes powder to 180ml water. if i use this ratio the final product will be over 200ml and i wonder is it too much for my elder who only took 140ml bm previously. but if i reduce the scopes of powder and water accordingly will it be insufficient in terms of nutrients?
5 scoops 150ml water. Follow how much ur elder twin drink else if she can't finish also waste milk powder. Don't worry about nutrients, is sufficient.

I want to get playmat, nuk oral wipe and wet wipes maybe, diapers, studio package for family, car seat as mine is infant seat only, maybe see got any bed and etc..

Hello! How's everyone? I just went Tesco in JB and bought Drypers. They are cheaper than Pet Pet in Malaysia. Each piece costs $0.16 after conversion. Pet Pet costs $0.22 per piece. All these are for Size M 80 pieces.

we feel drypers contain poopoo better.. supermart/ntuc offer now.. 2pkt sgd29+.. quite good deal also..

baby growin.. need 2thk of thgs 2do with them 2help them develop...

Thought of sharing this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 108
I am going to the baby fair next month because it's at Expo! 10 minutes walk from my house. I preorder nursing bras from Annee Matthew and Zoli Buzz B nail trimmer.

I'm also going to the Baby Baby Exhibition at Expo later. The fair is from 12 Jun to 14 Jun. Think nowadays I only shop at Expo and baby fairs. LOL!

Let us know of any good deals at baby baby exhibition. I am looking for tollyjoy, goon or merries, avent brands and nan milk powder :D

Let us know of any good deals at baby baby exhibition. I am looking for tollyjoy, goon or merries, avent brands and nan milk powder :D

Tollyjoy u can try supermom blazaar in August. think their offer is much more better than in July de

Reactions: ete
Haha i am also using nan, merries, avent brand and nuk items. Anyone use merries before and any rash at the backside?
Next month fair i have ordered nuk wet wipes and oral wipes. Planning to get diapers if good. Any got car seat to recommend?

I didn't really want to spend much at the Baby Baby Exhibition today but in the end, I spent $80.

I bought 2 towels, 4 waterproof multi purpose bags, 4 pairs of shoes and applied passion card. Got a free gift from GE, and Refresh, and a free hand spa from CitiSpa.

I saw Parklon play mat. Size L $205 and Size M $180. Very tempted to buy. I already have one but it's not Parklon.

I think Avent has good deals. Saw 3 classic bottles at $20. But I didn't really browse the booth.

Merries walkers - buy any 6 (M/L/XL) for $80
Merries tape diapers - buy any 4 (M/L/XL) for $82 (if I don't remember wrongly)
Goon - didn't check out the booth
Milk powder - didn't check out the deal coz I'm still BF.
Drypers - $15.50/pack (M)
Mamy Poko - buy any 3 (M/L/XL) for $53.90

Diapers and milk powders are under Cold Storage except Drypers. Drypers is under another booth near the entrance. Cold Storage only carries Merries, Pampers, Huggies and Mamy Poko.

No Tollyjoy in this fair.

Last edited:
Has anyone started experiencing difficulty changing diaper and dressing your baby up because he/she just wants to keep rolling over and "crawl" to take things around the changing station?

Has anyone started experiencing difficulty changing diaper and dressing your baby up because he/she just wants to keep rolling over and "crawl" to take things around the changing station?
Haha i already encounter this since her 5th month. Kick and kick take thing,roll to left and right, move up etc.. that's why recently i got pants diaper..

Faithfully, I m also facing difficulty changing my son especially when he poo. He will kick hard even I try holding his legs up firmly. Have to act fast else have a lot to wash.

I bought parklon bubble mat instead of bumper mat. I feel that more cushion better cos he like to roll n I worry he will bump his head hard, although the lady said bumper will do. I bought L40 at $250.

Lynn, The fair is considered medium sized scale but not very crowded when I was there last night.

Kitkats, yeah I felt the difference when I stepped on the Parklon mats. They have more cushioning than the one that I have but I don't think DH will allow another play mat to be bought.

Thanks faith for the updates! I'm thinking of using diaper pants coz bb is too active touching and flipping everywhere... even opened the diaper tape himself.

Ete, you're welcomed!

I've started using Merries Walkers when my girl was 5.5 months old. We only use it when we go out. I'm also using Merries tape diaper for night when she sleeps. So far I love Merries among all the brands. Their walkers are very good! It's leak proof! The poo never leaks out. But Walkers/pull up pants are still more expensive than the tape diapers. So I bought Drypers tape diapers from JB to replace Petpet for day use at home as it costs much cheaper.

I have a sample pack of Huggies pull up pants. Haven't tried that.

What's the difference between bumper mat and bubble mat? My hands down mat is Lg. love the texture too despite being 10years old. I haven't use pants for the girls cause too ex lol. Intend to use only when they start crawling. My girls haven't crawl yet not even a sign of wanting to crawl cause they seldom tummy time. They now love to sit and younger love to stand. Any of your babies can self sit up? As in from tummy time they turn and sit up themselves? Merries is a gd brand the most ex too I think. My sil say Huggies pants is gd. Check with u all u all think it's a need to get swim float? I thinking to get a not if I want bring them swim in pool. But if those sit in float wonder baby pool is it not suitable cause too shallow.

Iwahb, I read that some babies will skip the whole crawling part and start to sit and stand up. Maybe your girls are like that.

We brought our girl to swim in our pool twice already with thermal swim suit and buggy float like the picture below.
ImageUploadedByForum1434196642.389735.jpg

Faith but your pool is condo pool right? Like medium height? Not those super baby pool right. Ya I also heard some skip the crawling part. But thought it will be more complete if they know crawling and walking :) I gotten thermal suit just thinking should I get the float or we just hand carry. Actually dh prefer the float cause he feel easier on us. But float the hands like cannot go under water. What do u all think of shoes for baby? Do u let your baby wear shoes? Some older generations don't allow their baby to wear shoes till they at least 1. But I saw a lot shoes so nice.

Mine can't turn to sit yet. Place him to sit with some support.
I didn't know pants are so ex!! 50 cents per pants...
Anyone using public pool? I haven't started any pool with my boy.

My condo pool has 2 pools. The small pool is 0.5 m deep and the big pool is 0.9 m to 2 m deep. We brought her to the small pool. We carry her arms and let her kick in the water. She likes to splash water. We also let her sit in the buggy float in the 2 pools.

Things to prepare for swimming for LO:
1. Thermal swim suit
2. Towel
3. Toiletries
4. Sunscreen lotion
5. Swimming cap

Yes, walkers/pull up pants are very expensive indeed!

I heard some old wives' tales about the shoes. When I was buying shoes for my girl yesterday at the fair, the seller asked me if I want to let my girl wear the shoes immediately, initially I thought so harm. Then another mother who was also buying shoes for her 11 months old girl, told me that usually if the baby still can't walk, it's better not to let them wear shoes. Scared they run away from the parents. Another thing that I heard is scared they can't walk. Then I immediately took off the shoes for my girl.

Ya that's my concern too but I know no scientific proof but I guess maybe just wait till they 1yrs old. So actually if they 1yrs old haven't know how to walk also shouldn let them wear shoes too right?

actually wats è purpose of wearin shoe? 2keep warm or help crawlin??

my baby will flip when changin diaper.. no chance 2tape properly...

No purpose joy. Now wear is more like nice nice only. I no longer wear socks for them too when bring them out to cold places (shopping malls) or anywhere.

Haha same also. I also just let me girl bare foot when go out.
I think i will follow those old generation.
Btw have you all heard of a saying by those senior that cannot let baby look into the mirror?what is the purpose cannot look?
Have all you book and look for a playgroup school already?
Faith so good you can go to condo swimming pool. I don't dare to bring my girl to public pool scare extreme dirty. Condo pool is so much better.

Last edited:
I still let my girl wear socks when we go out. But sometimes also didn't let her wear.

I checked out two preschools at Bukit Timah and Tanglin but I haven't booked with any. Thinking of doing home schooling myself.

Yeah condo pool is cleaner and the chlorine level is not so high. Anyway the thermal swim suit that I bought covers her whole body, arms and legs. Only the hands and feet and face are exposed.

Oh noooo my girls especially elder keep looking at mirror. She loves mirror. She will smile when she see herself. Love that moment. My thermal suit is like swim wear only cover body. Legs arms all expose. Bud I show u mine before right. Actually chlorine pool means water cleaner only that it's harsher to bb skin. Needs loads of moisturiser.

I hope the July fair faster come. Even no buy go c also happy.

How are the rest of the many mummies we missing...sumiko, kitkats, circles, dolly and those I miss out. How r u mummies getting along? How lo now?

My boy also loves smiling to himself in front of the mirror.
Now he starts to misbehave... screaming and not wanting to drink milk. Headache yet funny. Don't know how to make him drink while he's wide awake.

so quiet? how are you mummies doing? i cant wait for the july fair. kinda excited cause im taking leave to go shop with my bud lol. any of you pre order any stuff?

I preorder nursing bras and nail trimmer.

I started my girl on two solids per day. Started porridge and threadfin fish. Sometimes she can finish 1/2 a bowl, sometimes 1/4 bowl.

Back